• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it'd have something to do with promoting the product, and the different target audiences.

i'd say teenagers would buy the most cds; crappy commercial music. award the crappy music, more cds will be sold.

who sees the most movies? older people, 20-40 yr olds i'd say. award the movies they like, they'll go to see more.

newskin said:
Why is it that American music award shows such as the Grammies seem to often honor crappy commercial music, whereas The Oscars and Golden Globes tend to give awards to more critically acclaimed movies?

In reality, the Oscars often reward commercially successful films at the expense of more critically acclaimed films, and it has always been this way in Hollywood. It comes down to politics and commercial interests just like everything else.

Yeah, Oscars don't really mean squat in the end. The Emmy's though - that's where the glory's at.

What side of the road do you drive on in your country?

how many answers can there possibly be to that question...i think its kinda dumb. oh boy, left or right...lets not ask the brain busters now folks lol =D

Why do cats always sit right in the middle of waht you wanna do?

If your reading the paper they sit on the newpaper.

If youre folding clothes they come and sit on the clothes.

If youre tryina play the guitar they come sit on your lap.

But if you just wanna fuckin chill, and grab your kitty and sit him on your lap and start pettin him, he runs away and wont stay and lay down and chill with you. FREAKIN CATS!!!

Cos they fucking want your attention and they walk the thin line between utter contempt for mankind AND some sick sort of affirmation that they exist. BLAH
Go sit on em please. K thks.

My question is: why do my hair and nails grow so fast? Is it possibly the warm weather ? I would like to know the opinions of those who are on other parts of the world . thank you.

Your hair and nails grow fast because you're Italian. End of question.

Is Bigfoot real? I keep seeing these shows on Discovery channel where they look for evidence, but can't conclude either way. But so many of the eye witness accounts are so compelling........

I was tripping on mushrooms the other day at this house, and they had like 30 of these little candles. about half got taken out of their metal containers and put in a plate, all of them lit. the other half were sitting solo around on the table. By the end of the night, the solo candles had burned all their wax, but the plate burned way into the morning. Same ratio of wax to flames, how did this happen?

moto_stevo said:
Your hair and nails grow fast because you're Italian. End of question.

LMFAO!!

I never thought of it before.

But im the same way.....my hair grows at least an inch per month and my nails grow back like INSTANTLY when i bite them...i trim em, 2 days later they gotta be trimmed again, shit sucks.

Its good when i get a shitty haircut but i dye my hair and that shit really sucks cuz you can see the roots after 2 weeks at the most.

elemenohpee said:
I was tripping on mushrooms the other day at this house, and they had like 30 of these little candles. about half got taken out of their metal containers and put in a plate, all of them lit. the other half were sitting solo around on the table. By the end of the night, the solo candles had burned all their wax, but the plate burned way into the morning. Same ratio of wax to flames, how did this happen?

You're talking about tea light candles?

I think it's because the metal container keeps in the heat, so the wax melts/evaporates (tea lights are made with a higher water content than normal candles so when you get to the bottom there's not much actual wax left) quicker than the not so well insulated ones in the plate.

^^
not to me. Paraffin wax doesn't evaporate. My explanation seems more likely (to me anyway). Here it is:

Combustion was more complete and more paraffin was combusted in the metal individual ones because there was more oxygen available for the flame. In the plate, where flames were crowded, there was an excess of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, and a scarcity of oxygen. The flames were smaller, and less wax was burned over the course of the night.

there :)

ahh, i didn't even catch the evaporate part. good call. but the flames weren't smaller, if anything they were bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.