• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I should have reworded it:

Why are white male suburbanites overrepresented among serial serial killers?

as far as the heating pad goes:

The body is meant to function within a set range of temperature, prolonged exposure to excessive heat puts those cells in a state of stress. Heat can denature proteins and other molecules causing cellular damage.

^^That, is cool as hell, i never knew that. this thread teaches me shit all the tiem. :D

you're basically slowly cooking yourself. Be careful. (of course that's only with excessive exposure)

When I'm running a computer program auto-install thing and it says "we strongly recommend you close all other programs before running installation," what exactly is the big deal if I ignore this message?

wizekrak said:
you're basically slowly cooking yourself. Be careful. (of course that's only with excessive exposure)

No WONDER I smelt burning pork the other night in my room! thanks hon!!!8o ;)

Question:
Do most hospitals have special sanitation/trash disposal services? Because I am pretty sure hospital refuse (and there is LOTS i am sure!) is expectedly nasty and so do they get dumped (and recycled?) somewhere else? Sorry if that sounded dumb.

I work at a private medical practice. Our medical waste and sharps containers are picked up bi-monthly by an outfit called Steri-Cycle. Where it goes? Dunno.

When I was training at a hospital, they had their own inside disposal team. There was a incinerator in the basement.

Damn I coulda used that incinerator back in 197...oh shit I'm getting off topic here Heh, anyways I've always wondering if any of the cavemen back in the day where black or colored so to speak.

sc4t said:
Damn I coulda used that incinerator back in 197...oh shit I'm getting off topic here Heh, anyways I've always wondering if any of the cavemen back in the day where black or colored so to speak.

Yea definately, most likely more of them were.....caucasians werent the first peopel on the earth....

depends what you mean cavemen...i dont think africa had caves, so in that case....no...

im sure there were peple living durring the cavemen times in africa as well as in america (which at the time were native americans/indians) as well as in asia, as well as in europe, as well as in the middle east...etc....

2nite i opened the screen door to see outside, after closing it i noticed a black bug was on the screen. so i took sum big spray stuff and sprayed it ... about 45 secs later it started to make clicking noises. then dropped to the floor where it continued to make clicking noises while on his back and would sum how leap into the air off its back every 10 secs till it died.

what kind of big is that?! never seen nething like that before. btw i live in midwestern united states

bRoken&foRgoTTen said:
2nite i opened the screen door to see outside, after closing it i noticed a black bug was on the screen. so i took sum big spray stuff and sprayed it ... about 45 secs later it started to make clicking noises. then dropped to the floor where it continued to make clicking noises while on his back and would sum how leap into the air off its back every 10 secs till it died.

what kind of big is that?! never seen nething like that before. btw i live in midwestern united states

Junebug.

Modern man evolved in Africa, and spread outward from there. So if you're talking about Homo Sapiens then yes they were all black to begin with. With migration and environmental stresses natural selection gives us what we have today.

There are other sub-human species, although Neanderthal is the only fossil record we have that also has DNA and we aren't related to them directly (Ie: they aren't a step in out evolution).

if mormons have multiple wives, what happens to all the extra guys? doesn't seem fair for some guys to have 3 wives and the rest have none...

crystalcallas said:
Question:
Do most hospitals have special sanitation/trash disposal services? Because I am pretty sure hospital refuse (and there is LOTS i am sure!) is expectedly nasty and so do they get dumped (and recycled?) somewhere else? Sorry if that sounded dumb.

Biomedical must be properly packaged before it can be collected. There can't be anything on the bags themselves, or anything leaking out of them. Sharps must be placed in approved sharps container. It is then collected by a cpmpany (such as Streicycle as - as mentioned above), that specializes in biomedical waste collection. Usually it is steam-sanitized, and then collected by a regular waste company, and transported to a landfill. Incinerators are becoming less common.

chrissie said:
if mormons have multiple wives, what happens to all the extra guys? doesn't seem fair for some guys to have 3 wives and the rest have none...

I'm sure it's not like it now, but when they first went out west the women greatly outnumbered the men which is why they made that law.

We can't have answered ALL your questions...c'mon and lets keep this going. I know your wanna know about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.