• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Psychedelic Ideas and Revelations Inaction

I am assuming that spirituality is not a neccesary component for the survival of a species

i believe you couldn't be more wrong... not least because without it we would probably have blown ourselves up by now... or ignored the benfits of nature even more than we have... <3

edit... agree, not necessary for the survival of A species... but for the human species i think it is more necessary than ever before...

Last edited:
Well, your words are extremely judgmental and, as such, say a lot about who uttered them. Having said that But I understand your emotion, I am no better than you as I too use this word a lot when something goes against the grain with me.

Also, you have a point about the grandiosity. Now, I have bipolar tendencies anyway, but I don'0t think my post reflects any delusions of grandeur. I am actually stating that I am too sensitive to use often, and that I exhausted myself... where is the grandeur/grandiosity in that? Sometimes I wonder if some people on this site evven take the time to too think things through before they write.

About the fruits thing... nice metaphor, I like it a lot. I even quoted it in bold, i like it that much. really good statement, and i know full well that I have been guilty of not implementing enough and just using drugs to distract myself. But I can sense from reading so many posts on BL that I am by far not the only one... there is far too much self-congratulory and mutual patting-on-the-shoulder stuff going on here for it to be in any way a harm reduction forum any more. Just saying. e all do as ye like.

I had to look back in the thread to find out what I was calling a pile of shit, LOL ... So obviously it didnt stick out for me that much. And I don't consider it judgmental to claim that an idea lacks merit even if I do so in rather coarse language. Not as if i am attacking you, just one particular proposition of yours ... What I was reacting to was the idea of people "disrespecting sacraments [drugs]" as if drugs were anything other than drugs. Ironically though I think our outlooks about how people use drugs are very close. As I said most people who are using them are doing it wrong. But I think there is something grandiose and borderline delusional about accusing others of "disrespecting sacraments" on account of how they use drugs, regardless of how ill-advised their use is. Stupid use of drugs is nothing more than that, framing it as some kind of blasphemy is way over the top IMO.

And the fruits metaphor is not mine, it's Jesus's :) credit where credit is due.

Jesus and Buddha both had a lot of great things to say. If we all paid more attention to their words and tried to live them, the world would bbe a much mch bbetter place. Alas I have yet to meet many lay Christians annd lay Buddhists who follow their religion very muh at all bar for the odd ritual they do out of of awe or for good luck or merely due to habit. to me, all that is n't vvery spiritual at alll.

By their fruits shall they be known... great!!!!!!! I reall love it...

Wow, Ximot with the blanket bomb, shock and awe!! :D:D Yeah, am still on benzo's, though down to 8mg's of diazepam; I'd probably be okay to step off that amount, but will keep tapering (and yeah, from roughly 250mg's to 8, I am happy...) That said, I kinda fucked myself with heroin, so am on .5mg of suboxone. Bleh.

You know, I find PD to be pretty boring; not the forum, just the subject matter. Theres nothing more to be said about drugs, for me at least...

I agree that spirituality is essential for humans, especially the angst of humanity in this Now. In a purely evolutionary sense, an animal (humanimal) trancing out via mushrooms/drugs, or drumming; that animal may be in bliss/satori, but the lion creeping up smells dinner...;)

But we don't live in a world like that, so...And generally, trance states lead to a resurgence of primal atavisms (glossolalia, yoga like movement, etc.), which intrigues me. The primal spiritual response would physically endanger a primitive animal, but that same response will help shape the developed "human".

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Wow, Ximot with the blanket bomb, shock and awe!! :D:D Yeah, am still on benzo's, though down to 8mg's of diazepam; I'd probably be okay to step off that amount, but will keep tapering (and yeah, from roughly 250mg's to 8, I am happy...) That said, I kinda fucked myself with heroin, so am on .5mg of suboxone. Bleh.

You know, I find PD to be pretty boring; not the forum, just the subject matter. Theres nothing more to be said about drugs, for me at least...

I agree that spirituality is essential for humans, especially the angst of humanity in this Now. In a purely evolutionary sense, an animal (humanimal) trancing out via mushrooms/drugs, or drumming; that animal may be in bliss/satori, but the lion creeping up smells dinner...;)

But we don't live in a world like that, so...And generally, trance states lead to a resurgence of primal atavisms (glossolalia, yoga like movement, etc.), which intrigues me. The primal spiritual response would physically endanger a primitive animal, but that same response will help shape the developed "human".

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Yo, good on you for having come this far off the benzos already!
I had cold turkey codeine withddrawals once, with the chills and the shakes and the fever and all, so I I know what it's like... wow man! I wonder why so many of our heroic psy explorers not afraid to face the psy-ether tend to be comfortably numb even while they venture out there and whose capacity for vauable insight is thus compromised from the start as all that remains is "Insight Lite" (the commercial softcore version for the masses, ultimately works jack shit and about as subversive as a Disney film)... while others start numbing themselves right afterward their heroic explorations of the netherworlds that they think they could handle so well... prior to their use they were not hooked on any downers, but once returned from being face to face with the big black hollow they thik they must fill that hole with anything that will help take the doubt away... opiates, benzos...... to soothe those nerves now, Oh gimme something to make me believe I handled it well.... self-deceit galore is what i see going on on BL by and large... I think THAT was what i was trying to say. Me having been no exception, even if I never realy did get hooked on anything for long except ketamine in thend. Ultimately I had to come face to face with THAT and realise that a mmore or less drug-free period is on the menu, just to see who I actually am. Like checking in on myself, seeing how much soul I got left, annd how that feels.... But I digress.... Thanks for feedback, Willow! Hope you keep walking in the right direction, and I trust you will :)

The parth is alll too common...

people will dabble in alcohol for a while till the novelty wears off
then they will smoke cannabis till they get paranoid
and they will then move on to psychedelics to satisfy their longing for entertainment and simultaneous insight till they freak out
and then turn to e&cocaine to enhance their social confidence once more,
which of course does not work well for long
and eventually they will find the great redeemer... benzos and/or opiates
and finally they feel soothed... "oh yeah i am fine, I am at peace" and they may then go back to psychedelics while way fuzzy on downers to still freak out let alone gain any insight from thee psychedelic... vicious circle. But those who keep thinking, once they're truly up shit creek with this pattern, yet unable/unwilling to break it and make a clean slate to fin out who THEY actually are, that they're doing well.... good luck to them. They really have it coming.
Then there's all those (in Eurooe, often) whho, affter their psy-time has come to an end, will take to drink in a major way... going full circle again, they will embrace once moe the drug they moved away from while being psychonauts... aggain, to soothe those nerves annd to kep living in denial that the big black hollow ever really happened to them. I really try to integrate it into my life without having to resort to mindnumbing drugs, and yes, it is not so easy...

Just my couple dollars thrown in. Don't pay me much attention, I am just snobbishly full of myself annd likely the only dumbhead on this site. All others are perfectly in control annd will be leading deeply fulfilled lives forever, Amen <3

Drugs... I think about them too much. And I write about them too much. I was going to make some sort of long, thoughtful post, but it seemed counterproductive at this point in time.

Ximot, great posts man! I also feel in a way like you. When I get together with friends and talk about psychedelic trips it almost seems like I am pantomiming myself years ago...?

-Samadhi Smiles<3

Ximot,Oh, I needed to hear someone else say that. I think I know how you feel. I stopped using psychedelics as anything other than a sacrament 7 years ago. I now only use them on the summer and winter solstices, a few feast days, but that is rare, and initiation rites. I smoke a little pot, but have been trying to use it in a sacramental way also. I might do a little something more every once in a while, twice a year or so, I might indulge, but no more than that. I have had to step back and look at who I was without the drugs. I didn't like a lot of it, but enough was salvageable to encourage me to continue. I am nowhere near "there", but I feel better than I think I ever have. There is much insight to be gained by psychedelics but ultimately the knowledge you gain was yours all along. It came from your mind. It was always there, and there are better and more permanent ways of finding it than drugs. You can learn from others experiences but ultimately its meaning is personal, and defies any attempts at description. To try can be healthy, but mostly it distracts from its main meaning which is subjective. Its meaning is what meaning YOU get out of it. Integrating that meaning into your daily life will be the hardest thing you do, by far, but definitely the most rewarding. "The value of an idea lies in the using of it" Thomas Edison. Great posts, I like this forum already.

Scotto_photo_69194.jpg

I didn't read the whole 24 pages, but I'll throw my 2 cents...

I started taking LSD in the past few months, and its been nothing but therapeutic for me...

My entire life I was "caught in the flow" and had no idea just how I was living my life...blindly...

now since I started with L, I am seeing and appreciating beauty in everything, everything has a silver lining and some positive even if its not so great at first... I'm learning from mistakes, I'm a better person in general... I know it all came from within me, but it would not have come out (at least as profoundly as it did) had it not been for L... its helped me soooo much emotionally... It helps me to realize when I'm being too emotional, its helped me to defeat my co-dependency... (I was pretty dependent on Pot, and was becoming co-dependent on a female, who dropped me like a rock, but L helped me figure it all out.. and sort out my emotions, and deal with them better than I ever have before... and now I'm in a much better place mentally..) I'd say Lucy has changed me from a person just floating through life, into a more "normal" person... and above all, its helped me, to make myself happy. instead of depending on other things to make myself happy... and its allowed me to see beautiful things I've never seen before...

I don't know how I would help the world with any of this, but its certainly helped me...

I feel that psychedelics have caused me to release the masculine urge for control, realizing that death will come regardless of anything therefore control is always illusory, get lost in the chaos friends. Let no judgments offend you. Be independent and unique . people just don't meet on the same frequency, of course your going to get negative reactions from being outrageous. But I'll let the people be offended by their own pretensions, realizing that I was never the one with the issue towards it but them with the "problem" towards my potential distracting and psychedelic behavior.

In relation to the thread title... talk about inaction - has nobody yet even noticed the small (but significant) title change I made ages ago? ;)

Lol, I feel like people keep noticing it at regular intervals. This is the third time I've read it being brought up as just noticed.

Ha! Apologies for slackness. This is not a thread I read every page of religiously... partly due to the "Inaction" thang. Which is precisely why I exercised my swirlstick and changed the title to fit some considerable time ago. Not been changed back yet either... which may or may not add weight to my opinion :D

Ha! Said "sporting" event was briefly discussed in the EADD Random Gibberings Thread t'other day. I obviously mocked the fella espousing its apparent merits mercilessly due to it being an horrendously corporate media farce that exists purely to promote shite advertising brands and music acts all wrapped up in a "sport" that is nothing more or less than rugby for pussies with ADHD.

Apologies to any "football" (?!?) fans ;)

Actually, skip the apologies cos it really is deeply shameful to endorse such an embarrassment :D

^^Heh, agreed I just wanted to apologize as I posted it in the wrong thread by mistake.
It was more whimsical in nature(although entirely true), which I why I switched it to PD social(it's intended destination anyway)

I'll delete the original since it's just clutter at this point. :)

'Bluelight Crew' is allowed to double post, aren't they?

...there, I double posted too, now do you feel better? ;) <3

Hehe. Double posting is not a benefit for Crew that I'm specifically aware of but random spoutings abuot "sports" with obvious relevance to the subjects being discussed looks kinds silly no matter which label we have ;)<3

PS: I actually revel in looking silly cos I am somewhat silly at the best of times - as such you are totally exonerated =D