View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Psychedelic Ideas and Revelations Inaction

*Love*Lite*

Bluelight Crew
Bear with me as this is a relatively new brain child of mine that I am having trouble expressing through words. In my heart I know what I would like to see accomplished through an intelligent thoughtful conversation and then local community action. <3

The idea here is to discuss psychedelic ideas/ revelations/ lessons/ ways of living & thinking that would be beneficial to spread to our local communities and the world population. People who consume psychedelics have in a sense eaten from the tree of knowledge and have a different and unique perspective on the world that surrounds us.

What I would like us to explore is a NON abrasive way of spreading the psychedelic ideas to the community without telling anyone that they are wrong living a self defeating life or that they need to consume psychedelics or any drugs.

Now for the question... what can YOU do in your community to spread that cosmic love and unity that we all know exists within EVERYONE. How do we get people to tap into that positive energy and feed it to the rest of the world?

Ive got a few specific ideas that I will share after getting some creative feed back from the rest of you beautiful people <3 So lets discuss! :)

Also if anyone has a suggestion for how to word this OP a bit more straight to the point I would love any and all suggestions.

Hey Love Lite, great idea! I think the message from psychedelics is an extremely important one, and it's one that I feel we're supposed to spread to others, and one which the world may need in order to survive and transition into something more sustainable in the future.

The problem is that many people attempt to attach too much importance to the drugs, and this inevitably leads to the view that the person passing on the message is a deranged and/or dangerous druggie. Which means the message will not be heeded, or it will be directly rebelled against. Furthermore, many people who use psychedelics become sort of preachy and drug-obsessed... or elitist. Drugs are not the answer, the message from them is. People can obtain this message without any drugs at all, it's just that psychedelics are one of the ways in which this message is transmitted.

In light of these thoughts, I think it's extremely important for us to realize that drugs are not for everyone, and they do not automatically provide the sort of experience that we have had. So I love this thread because it's important to pass on the message, but keep the drugs entirely out of it when a person is not ready to accept that part. And keeping the drugs out of the message helps us to not grow to attach too much importance to them.

The simplest way we can spread the message and have a positive impact is to make sure we live our lives outputting nothing but love and positivity. Shower the world with actions and attitudes that you want everyone to have. Positivity and love and smiles are infectious, and so are hate and fear and negativity. Which do you want to spread?

Something I do when spreading the message is to not even talk about the drugs at all, when the person I'm talking with will not be receptive (like my parents for example). I see many people trying to tell people about their experiences and embedding the drugs deeply into their message. What I do is explain the things I've learned without mentioning the drugs. Talk about meditation and dreams and stuff like that, or just talk about your beliefs about how to live your life. If you're talking to a religious person, talk about it using some of their terms. However a person will best be able to understand what you're saying is how you should say it - requiring that a person believe exactly as you do is a product of your own ego, of wanting to be right. The importance should be on the message. If you come at a religious person or a person who thinks drugs are dangerous and destructive with talk about psychedelic drugs, they will not listen to you and whatever you say after that will be lost... unfortunate but true.

So these are just some small thoughts of mine. Perhaps not exactly what you had in mind. But great thread idea! I think spreading the message is very important. :)

<3

I do believe that a strong emphasis on NOT attaching the message to drugs is the only way to reach a wider spectrum of minds. Coming off as a druggie that wants to spread the word of drugs is certainly not the way to go given the intolerance we face.

Certinaly talking to people close to you and telling them about your ideas is a good starting point. What im interested in is organizing SMALL functions out in the community where you can talk to people about these things whom would not otherwise think about them.

I was thinking that an interesting thing to do would be to set up a table offering fresh fruit and water to people passing by and then to strike up conversatoins with them about how eating healthy for yourself really effects the entire world. You could try to explain to them how we are all interconnected and if they take care of their bodies properly that it benifits everyone. The same could be mentioned about positive thinking/ smiles and how that has a trickle down effect.

One of my major psychedelic revelations was that whats good for one is good for all and what is bad for one is bad for all. So when your out in your community and you see something that shouldn't be that way, CHANGE IT, or if you see something working well take time to praise it.

These are the types of things that I would hope to pass on... generosity, LOVE, respect and unity.

Yeah, I know your idea was more about organizing events and functions. I'll be thinking about that. Along the lines of what you just said, many people who believe in the things we do have actually hurt the cause while trying to help it, and I think that's important to keep in mind. For example, PETA... their cause is fantastic but because many of them are quite extreme, or have been in the past, now most people completely disregard anything they say and consider them crazies. A more effective way is to infest local government and attain a platform that everyone will listen to. Flinging blood on peoples' fur coats is NOT going to get much of anyone to listen to you, besides the people who already believe as you do. In this way, they have actually set back the cause they're trying to help.

Anger is understandable, but acting in anger is always going to set you back. Oftentimes people get angry at the lack of understanding in the world and rail against it, but it just solidifies the idea that you're crazy and not to be taken seriously in the minds of others.

I just wanted to transmit this idea because I really see it happen a lot.

^^ I hear you... you cant get far with militant actions and hate.

I was talking giving out apples <3 no blood flinging here ;) But I think its important that you pointed that out Xorkoth. I would hope that people dont enter into this thread thinking that anything POSITIVE can come from ANY NEGATIVE actions.

Oh yeah, I know... I think your ideas were good, I wasn't directing my speech at you. I'm quite sure you already understand what I mean. :) But given that this thread will be ready by thousands, I thought it was important to say.

The problem is that many people attempt to attach too much importance to the drugs, and this inevitably leads to the view that the person passing on the message is a deranged and/or dangerous druggie. Which means the message will not be heeded, or it will be directly rebelled against. Furthermore, many people who use psychedelics become sort of preachy and drug-obsessed... or elitist. Drugs are not the answer, the message from them is. People can obtain this message without any drugs at all, it's just that psychedelics are one of the ways in which this message is transmitted.

That would be me over the last couple years. Trying to change that though.

In light of these thoughts, I think it's extremely important for us to realize that drugs are not for everyone, and they do not automatically provide the sort of experience that we have had. So I love this thread because it's important to pass on the message, but keep the drugs entirely out of it when a person is not ready to accept that part. And keeping the drugs out of the message helps us to not grow to attach too much importance to them.

I agree, I know many people that could not handle psychedelics; they're just not compatible. It would be nice to communicate what we've learned from them to those who cannot partake in them directly.

Something I do when spreading the message is to not even talk about the drugs at all, when the person I'm talking with will not be receptive (like my parents for example).

I do this all to often, in fact did it very recently. It's just that I feel so passionately about it and when it's being written off as bad "drugs" I can't help but fight for the cause and set things straight so to say. Although it never works and more tactful methods need to be implemented for any real changes to happen.

I see many people trying to tell people about their experiences and embedding the drugs deeply into their message. What I do is explain the things I've learned without mentioning the drugs. Talk about meditation and dreams and stuff like that, or just talk about your beliefs about how to live your life. If you're talking to a religious person, talk about it using some of their terms. However a person will best be able to understand what you're saying is how you should say it - requiring that a person believe exactly as you do is a product of your own ego, of wanting to be right. The importance should be on the message. If you come at a religious person or a person who thinks drugs are dangerous and destructive with talk about psychedelic drugs, they will not listen to you and whatever you say after that will be lost... unfortunate but true.

This is a really good idea. There's too much stigma on drugs right now. The only way to get the messages we've learned from them to those kinds of people is to leave the materials out of the picture entirely, just talk about the story. Most people where i live would still put meditation in the "freaky deaky weird" category because they don't understand it. Meditation would have some of the same connotations as psychedelics so it's a word I would also leave out, but the point is to just use whatever terms are socially acceptable to the people you're talking to about your experiences. Dreams would probably be my best vector.

An excellent post/thread.

I believe that all proper members of the psychedelic community feel a natural obligation to bear gifts of cosmic love and awakening to everyone and everything around us. The thing is, within the system that most of us reside in, many find it difficult to break out of the mould (or avoid returning to it) due to the overwhelming influence of negative chaotica surrounding us.

I totally don't feel anything bad in spreading the word on psychedelics. On the contrary, I feel it is an area of human existence that everybody should know about in truth, given the damage done by misinformation, government supression, and general innocence. Terrence Mckenna did it marvellously, and was a true hero of humanitarian enlightenment. That was the way to capture people's hearts.

Politics: I live here in the UK, and I just recently discovered that, in the political arena, the Green Party have drug legalization as a major part of their manifesto. It seems that they - as gaia loving citizens - know how important this is. In this age of enlightenment, it has never been a more apt time to bring in such changes. I plan to follow them more closely up to the next elections to see what they're up to! It goes without saying that I am totally for the freedom of people's decisions to choose to alter and enhance consciousness. I'm sure most of us here are challenging the insane laws in some way.

There can never be enough Youtube videos on this. Keep posting, creating art, making sounds, media, always new and awe-inspiring ways to captivate the hidden imagination. People like you and I are making more and more (third)eye-opening media content all the time. Like, at an exponential rate. It is clear all across the world wide web that a psychedelic renaissance is coming into fruition. The internet is a kind of psychedelic domain anyhow (as mentioned by the late Terrence Mckenna), and appears to be a place where many people take on a brighter alter-ego, maybe supressing the brainwashed mannerisms evident in everyday life.

On a personal level, inspiring others with words, gestures, actions, and general teachins is totally mint. I find that most folk are willing to engage in discussion (at least half-assed) about spiritual energies, nodes and chakras, DNA, quantum physics, hyponoetics etc; I can easily gauge when people have swallowed enough, but you always know that it sows a seed of thought inside their heads, no matter how deep.

I will always continue being who I am; educating people (without ramming it down their throats), and paying forward goodwill. Radiating auras of celestial energy. When you get to the stage where you can feel/see your internal energies and direct them, when you are opening up the cracks into those psychedelic hyperspaces with your third eye without having even taken a psychedelic, you already know what to do.

Here's to our intrepid swirly community :) <3 ! Spiral out, keep going, spiral out.

Beautifully written SA! <3 I particularly loved when you mention feeling your internal energies and radiating them out to the world. I find that especially after meditation I can focus those energies in a very real way.

Also you READ my mind when you said Spiral out, keep going spiral out. MANY MANY MANY psychedelic images/ ideas come back to that spiral idea that everything is everything and that whatever you project/ do/ think/ say/ consume/ let go of are all part of that never ending spiral that exists beyond the boundaries of our minds, before our time and will never cease to exist.

If everyone could listen to one and other genuinely we would find that we are not so different at all. Drug users are fighting a modern day civil rights battle that most of us realize can not be FOUGHT but TAUGHT with loving kindness and attention to this moment.

Another idea for good places for discussion would be meditation groups or perhaps Unitarian universalist churches, you tend to find people with very open minds that may be more apt to understand and spread the love.

What a delightful thread. :) Once again, PDers seem to think alike as this idea has been kicking around in my head for a while. Psychedelic users can offer fantastic perspectives on many issues, and I find that as a group we tend towards embracing unique and beneficial ways of living. I think right now in human history, most groups and entities are destructive in their ways; if we're going to have a decent world to live in going forward, its probably up to us to make it that way, because it doesn't seem like anyone else is going to do it. (Which in a way is kinda cool, but also in a way is kind of sad. It shouldn't necessitate the use of the most powerful and exotic psychotropic compounds known to man in order to persuade people to want to better our planet, for chrissakes! 8()

I think the most important thing is that we make legitimate people out of ourselves, and strive to better ourselves through legitimate and accepted means. Getting a good education is really important in this regard: you are many times more likely to be taken seriously if you are educated, this is a fact. Also I think its important to get involved with legitimate organizations, your unique perspective on an issue could be a turning point in the direction an organization takes especially if you've gained peoples respect and they respect your ideas.

Also, spend lots of your time creating beautiful things in any way you can. Things that brighten peoples day in some sort of way, through whatever medium you like. :)

I definitely echo the previously stated sentiments that the drugs are ultimately an unimportant part of the equation. Psychedelic drugs are simply a very in-your-face and loud way to convey the message (Think: "Enlightenment for Dummies" ;) :D). They certainly lack subtlety, which is perhaps why we have been able to hear the message above all the white (or black?) noise generated by the contemporary society we live in. But, if we can transmit this message loud enough, through organizing -- we can be heard amidst the confusion.

Great thread, I might add more later. :)

I hate to be negative, but even living in a "progressive" city, I don't think many people over the age of 30 are even going to consider listening to somebody advocating the use of psychedelics- for whatever reason.

Hey Love Lite, great idea! I think the message from psychedelics is an extremely important one, and it's one that I feel we're supposed to spread to others, and one which the world may need in order to survive and transition into something more sustainable in the future.

The simplest way we can spread the message and have a positive impact is to make sure we live our lives outputting nothing but love and positivity. Shower the world with actions and attitudes that you want everyone to have. Positivity and love and smiles are infectious, and so are hate and fear and negativity. Which do you want to spread?

Something I do when spreading the message is to not even talk about the drugs at all, when the person I'm talking with will not be receptive (like my parents for example). I see many people trying to tell people about their experiences and embedding the drugs deeply into their message. What I do is explain the things I've learned without mentioning the drugs. Talk about meditation and dreams and stuff like that, or just talk about your beliefs about how to live your life. If you're talking to a religious person, talk about it using some of their terms. However a person will best be able to understand what you're saying is how you should say it - requiring that a person believe exactly as you do is a product of your own ego, of wanting to be right. The importance should be on the message. If you come at a religious person or a person who thinks drugs are dangerous and destructive with talk about psychedelic drugs, they will not listen to you and whatever you say after that will be lost... unfortunate but true.

So these are just some small thoughts of mine. Perhaps not exactly what you had in mind. But great thread idea! I think spreading the message is very important. :)

<3

GREAT POST! My sentiments on the matter exactly.

woah, ok, there is so much i have to say aobut this i really cant get it into words, i would much rather talk in person. wow.

soo much. you have all spoken my mind. we are one mind on this topic.

Last edited:
i do believe that a strong emphasis on not attaching the message to drugs is the only way to reach a wider spectrum of minds. Coming off as a druggie that wants to spread the word of drugs is certainly not the way to go given the intolerance we face.

These are the types of things that i would hope to pass on... Generosity, love, respect and unity.

<3<3<3

wow, those hearts go out to every post in this thread. the more of it i read the more i completely agree and love every bit of it.

ok, how about a scheduled aim chat over the matter? this topic is just too flame to not talk to everyone all at once about =D

Last edited:
I hate to be negative, but even living in a "progressive" city, I don't think many people over the age of 30 are even going to consider listening to somebody advocating the use of psychedelics- for whatever reason.

We are trying to find a way for those who wish to share with others who have not consumed psychedelics. We are specifically NOT ADVOCATING DRUG USE, we just want people to understand the possibilities and get the messages across without sounding like druggies, someone made the suggestion of using "In a dream I experienced ______" so as not to use "while tripping" or "while meditating." We're trying to find a common ground and outlet for discussion of the beautiful things that we have experienced and learned about.

I think that in general the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE dont consume psychedelics to the extent that we here in PD land do, so we have a minority perspective on life "outside the box" and perhaps we can shed some lite on some of these things to the majority without them dismissing us as "crazy drug freaks" ;) <3

someone made the suggestion of using "In a dream I experienced ______" so as not to use "while tripping" or "while meditating."

Nah... I think that the best way to convey a psychedelic revelation is as if it were an idea that came about during waking, sober life. Dreams are often nonsensical, and many would dismiss you as silly to put any merit in an idea that came about in a dream.

Furthermore if an idea/revelation is actually worth trying to communicate to other people, then it can be fully rationalized in the waking mind, and therefore doesn't need to be prefaced by the notion that it came about during some sort of period of altered consciousness.

Nice thread though, really - I'll definitely be contributing more later. <3

ok, how about a scheduled aim chat over the matter? this topic is just too flame to not talk to everyone all at once about =D

I'm totally down! :)

Last edited:
There are so many things i could say on this matter - however much of the MOST important points have been covered, and it seems almost everyone is of the same mind.

One thing I shall say for now is that simply reading what's been posted gave me that feeling which i can only describe as an inner glow - i'm guessing yous know exactly the one I mean.

I'm going to use a couple of quotes which I believe are key for the idea to be successful & also to our personal/collective (both one & the same in many ways) success as individuals.

Roger & Me I think the most important thing is that we make legitimate people out of ourselves, and strive to better ourselves through legitimate and accepted means. Getting a good education is really important in this regard: you are many times more likely to be taken seriously if you are educated, this is a fact. Also I think its important to get involved with legitimate organizations,

Absolutely agree - the one thing I can find difficult about this that there are often undercurrents of personal agendas both from others who dislike & resent influential thinkers & I can easily be drawn into such conflicts - so I suppose increased self awareness & control is of greatest importance. For success to come this is key .The messenger is the face of the concept - & that's everyone of us. Smiling at people goes a long way as a rule & it feels btter as well. Grinning like the village idiot & rolling about laughing for reasons incomprehensible to others probably isn't going to help so much tho - so i think i'll lay off the acid if there's not a suitable window.

Survived Abortion I believe that all proper members of the psychedelic community feel a natural obligation to bear gifts of cosmic love and awakening to everyone and everything around us. The thing is, within the system that most of us reside in, many find it difficult to break out of the mould (or avoid returning to it) due to the overwhelming influence of negative chaotica surrounding us
This resonates with me - the emboldened text is where I feel the main challenge lies - once we individually & collectively learn to not to be as subjectively influenced by the divisiveness by what I believe to be a dying system centred exclusively on financial profit. One important matter is that we need to re-evaluate all produce. Basically in a sustainable system everything should be valued calorifically - that is the only basis upon which any kind of seriously sustainable system can be based. I believe that will eventually come about - hopefully sooner rather than later. It's better to try to embrace change than have it reluctantly forced upon you.

IGNVS soo much. you have all spoken my mind. we are one mind on this topic.

My sentiments also.

You/we are the message in many way - think on how you would be most like to receive information you weren't necessarily interested in or thought you could do anything effectively about.

I could go on but maybe it's better to start looking/reaching outwards & on those days when it gets too much come back here for a little respite.

<3 & good luck to everyone.

Great post, Mr.B :)

I think the only thing I'd add is this truism: Actions speak louder than words <3

I think you misunderstand. If I recall your story correctly, you have been Changed by psychedelics, correct? A message of some sort aimed towards living a better life has been revealed to you? Is this a message you would like for the rest of the world to receive? Do you feel that the world currently has need of being Changed as well?

I am assuming your answer is yes... if not, then never mind. But if so, that is what this thread is about. The point of this is that a fully thinking person must realize, as you clearly do, that the majority of people are not going to take anyone seriously who advocates psychedelics. Nor are the majority of people good candidates for psychedelic use. Nor, really, are psychedelics some sort of magical answer to the world's problems. It so happens that they have helped a handful of us to become connected to something that has motivated our understanding and desire to make the world a better place.

Looking back through history, we can clearly see that plenty of people have arrived at the same basic conclusions about life and everything without ever touching a psychedelic or knowing what one is, and likewise many people have taken plenty of psychedelics and not reached the same conclusion. So, then, it becomes clear that psychedelics are not the answer, but merely one possible way to arrive at that answer. This thread is about discussing how we can reach people without involving psychedelics. Perhaps the thread title is misleading in that respect.

It seems that in many people the realizations that came to us, in our case through psychedelics, inspire a desire to spread that realization to others. Hence this thread. Sometimes you meet people who are seeking out the psychedelic experience, and in that case it is perfectly acceptable to discuss with them and share that experience. But much more often it is not an acceptable topic and it only seeks to damage the cause and ostracize you among those people.

Hence this thread. :)

^yes, this explains things more clearly.

Or perhaps last night I was simply too... in outer-space to understand! :D

PS. I'm down for mass AIM communication as well ;) PM me if it is going to be done.