• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Psychedelic Ideas and Revelations Inaction

How much of a role does nicoten play in somebody who has an anxiety attack after consuming cannabis?, given they consumed nicotein right before or after they consumed the cannabis.

I was thinking about how cannabis gives you the ability to hear your heart beat in a clearer, louder way. Could somebody who didn't previously realize that their heart already beats faster than normal due to nicotine start to notice their faster beating heart which makes it beat even faster until the person panics. Any thoughts about how much the perceived heartrate plays a role in an anxiety attack? Either while under the influence of a psychedelic or sober.

^Weed increases heart rate anyhow. I guess nicotine could make it worse, but panic attacks on weed are generally caused by (drumroll) weed.

So, my question refers to reality. How do we confirm what is real? How do we decipher imagination from reality?
I guess the answer begins with a thought, and then we decipher whether it is real or fiction. many times our brains do this automatically, but how does the brain know?
The best answer i can come up with is through conditioning. Either through visual confirmation or what we call common sense, and as long as everything remains consistant, then we can develop a full understanding of reality vs. fiction.
but what happens when we trip? we can see patterns and lights and trails and walls breathing and melting. A metalic like coating on everything that seems to flow like liquid, and so on and so on.
Our brains have thoughts that are un-fathumable without the help of psycedelics. And over time, the conditioning i referred to earlier, concludes that this "trip" is just that, a trip, completely against what we know as reality, and therefore we call the visuals "hallucinations" and the thoughts we have are completly fiction and only a side effect of the brains reaction to the drug.
Think about someone with very bad vision. Their reality is blurry, they may not be able to see things when they are far or close, but they use glasses to bring them to the most commonly seen reality. But the eye glasses are only a tool to allow that individual to see better.
So why do we not attribute the visual things in which we see when tripping and the thoughts we have while tripping, to a different reality, or a fuller reality, but none the less reality. The trails and colors and metalic coating on the walls and deep deep thoughts are really there, and do really exist. It is only under the influence of psycedelic drugs that we are able to see that reality, just like the person with bad vision needs glasses to see reality differently. The energy within us is all the same, and through time we put up mental walls that shape that energy into the individual and psycedelics break down those walls and allows us to be, and think, and see, as that raw form of energy. Without those walls forming our energy to boil down everything to make it a consistant and simple version of reality, then we wouldn't need psycedelics and life would revolve around maintaining our existance as humans, and recognizing our one-ness with earth, therefore we would treat our planet and one another the way it and they should should. So, what is reality, and is there such a thing? or are we forced and conditioned to view such a wrong and different reality, but conditioned for so long that the actual reality, th and was ment to be, is actually more commonly reffered to as fiction, and against reality? outcast and called creazy....have we gone to far?
Maybe not, but it is sure fun to think about.....

So, my question refers to reality. How do we confirm what is real? How do we decipher imagination from reality?
I guess the answer begins with a thought, and then we decipher whether it is real or fiction. many times our brains do this automatically, but how does the brain know?
The best answer i can come up with is through conditioning. Either through visual confirmation or what we call common sense, and as long as everything remains consistant, then we can develop a full understanding of reality vs. fiction.
but what happens when we trip? we can see patterns and lights and trails and walls breathing and melting. A metalic like coating on everything that seems to flow like liquid, and so on and so on.
Our brains have thoughts that are un-fathumable without the help of psycedelics. And over time, the conditioning i referred to earlier, concludes that this "trip" is just that, a trip, completely against what we know as reality, and therefore we call the visuals "hallucinations" and the thoughts we have are completly fiction and only a side effect of the brains reaction to the drug.
Think about someone with very bad vision. Their reality is blurry, they may not be able to see things when they are far or close, but they use glasses to bring them to the most commonly seen reality. But the eye glasses are only a tool to allow that individual to see better.
So why do we not attribute the visual things in which we see when tripping and the thoughts we have while tripping, to a different reality, or a fuller reality, but none the less reality. The trails and colors and metalic coating on the walls and deep deep thoughts are really there, and do really exist. It is only under the influence of psycedelic drugs that we are able to see that reality, just like the person with bad vision needs glasses to see reality differently. The energy within us is all the same, and through time we put up mental walls that shape that energy into the individual and psycedelics break down those walls and allows us to be, and think, and see, as that raw form of energy. Without those walls forming our energy to boil down everything to make it a consistant and simple version of reality, then we wouldn't need psycedelics and life would revolve around maintaining our existance as humans, and recognizing our one-ness with earth, therefore we would treat our planet and one another the way it and they should should. So, what is reality, and is there such a thing? or are we forced and conditioned to view such a wrong and different reality, but conditioned for so long that the actual reality, th and was ment to be, is actually more commonly reffered to as fiction, and against reality? outcast and called creazy....have we gone to far?
Maybe not, but it is sure fun to think about.....

I enjoyed readin ur post it is a good way to look at it. I think we have gone too far though. I mean so many of these tools come directly from the earth and our society has made it to the point that we are supposed to go against all of these. I think most of society knows we have gone far enough. I mean its all up to us really, all of us as one to get through this together.

haha

Imagine a hollow sphere in a vacuum. If you were on the outside looking in, the surface would act as a window and if you were on the inside looking out, the surface would act as a mirror. Now imagine a smaller, hollow sphere inside the center of the larger sphere. If you were on the inside of the smaller sphere looking out, the surface would act as a window and if you were on the outside looking in, the surface would act as a mirror.

Now imagine you are inside of the smaller sphere and you entity completely fills the entirety of the sphere. You are looking out at any direction and you flicker a laser in a direction that is not from the origin. The laser will dart through the small sphere, bounce off the inside of the larger sphere, again off the outside of the smaller sphere and on for infinity. Now that there is light, you will now see in every direction at all possible times in an infinite number of other spherical spaces where the same thing is going on.

Now imagine the window side of the smaller sphere spinning clockwise about the x axis and the mirror side spinning counter-clockwise about the same axis. The mirror side of the larger sphere is spinning counter-clockwise about the y-axis and the window side of the bigger sphere is spinning clockwise about the y-axis.
Lol what would happen

Thats pretty good. i like it. If im following you correctly, im picturing either the entire space between the speres being filled with beams or completly red (im guessing its a red lazer) or the speres just expload out of confusion, or the laser exploades, or maybe the world ends, i dunno but it sounds pretty awesome

I've treated myself the worst out of all the people I known. I am cheap on myself, rude to my problems, and non caring except to keep as much money as possible. Fuck that.

my experience and idea

i don't know how to spread the psychedelic ideas but i might when i tell the story of my moment with acid well i took a cube and it took a while to kick in i wasn't worried as my homies had like ounces of weed to smoke and i was looking forward to a different kind of high with weed so it began as i sat in a computer chair and the two words wow and while where spinning around in my head i kept repeating and repeating i was alone while the others was chiefin up a storm i got done fascinating over the two and went to smoke and my friends said do you see the purple, no i replied i apparently( i research and correct me if i'm wrong had the flash back and repetitive side of the drug) as we found out when we all went for a cruise and while we caught some tunes i was saying "wayback" as the songs would kick it old school for me and my brain felt like i was living in the past. thats it smoke and slept it off as i remembered BUT the psychedelic ideas i had or think i had is that the world is just our home and what we intake from it recreational wise or otherwise it puts us in a perspective of availability i don't know how readily my thoughts were so smooth and fast and my flash backs so intense we are all ready for something and psychedelic ideas are something whatever it may be another dimension were put in or just a state of mind it was memorable and lasting.

While tripping on a small dose of the tryptamine 5-MeO-MIPT, or "moxy", i had an urge to write down my thoughts. I wrote these two paragraph rather fluidly and quick. They can only express what i could put into words, but the experience itself was very enlightening.

"Everything is exactly how it is, all the time. I can’t even begin to describe the way I feel right now. Everything that I have been thinking about lately is awesomely intensified right now. I really do feel now more than ever like I am apart of something far greater than I can normally comprehend. Psychedelics really do just open up your mind to reality. Many ideas have been floating around in my head, but they are only ideas… these ideas are helping me to find what I am ultimately looking for, but they aren’t good enough just on their own. The thoughts are just pointers-hints-clues to what I am searching for. And it is these thoughts that are happening right NOW that are allowing me to get closer and closer to that final moment. And I say final moment when I am really referring to when I get to the point where I am totally dis-identified from form, and instead am totally immersed in the Beingness of the formless. God is simply a name that has been given to this Beingness. But God is not something external, in other words, God is not a specific person-creator-power-anything-form because God is absolutely non-identified with any form of any kind. The very essence of God is what gives way to form. But form is only a shadow of the Truth. There is only one absolute truth in this world, and that truth is absolutely unnamable. The fact that I can say this about the truth shows just how far humans have gone, through the use of the brain, and more specifically the Mind, but it also shows that because I cannot express the experience of God into any word or picture or story or any form of language – simply because God is formless – it shows you how limited the Mind is. God is internal, and that is why it must be experienced first hand. Otherwise there is no clear way of teaching anybody what that experience is, because it is formless. And when you try to take your first-hand experience and give it to someone else it must: first be put into words inside of your own head, which already gives form to it, and then made into some type of communication, such as written language, and then it has to be processed and put into words again inside the other persons head. The whole idea is that it is impossible to try to translate the formless, because the instant you attempt to, it becomes form, and therefore it is not true anymore, it’s just a form. The form can serve as a hint to someone, but it is ultimately them who have to use that hint to find their own experience of God within themselves. I am God, and so are You.

Everything just seems so obviously clear to me right now. If only I were able to be this present all the time. All it takes is presence. Presence is the only thing that ever truly exists anyways. Everything that is, exists as a result of presence. Because it is this moment, RIGHT NOW, that is the basis for everything, all past, all future, EVERYTHING. I’m glad that I was able to take this trip tonight, it has shown me that what I have been thinking about for the greater part of my time lately isn’t just a joke- not that I ever thought it would be- but that it is in fact REAL. Life is all there is, and everything stems from it. It is a beautiful flower that grows increasingly complex and intricate as it is looked at in more detail and with more focus. There are infinitely more and more details to be examined. And it will always be like this. But the beauty of a flower does not come from looking at its minute details in closer and closer inspection, but instead from realizing that it is so immensely detailed that it is absolutely impossible to define every aspect of it. So instead we stop looking at it in details, and realize that these details could have only arisen from a deeper sense of being, which we call Nature. No human Mind is capable of creating such a thing so immense and beautiful. We can only look at it with wonderment, and bask in the glorious presence of it’s beauty. We can only do this when we are seeing it for what it really is, and that is that it is just a part of Nature. It is a part of Nature, not a result of Nature, not a product of Nature, but a PART of it. We are all interconnected in this world, but this world is made of forms. These forms, in their infinite possible manifestations (across space and time), are all part of one great Being. But the forms are only a physical representation of the Truth. The Truth is God, and I am God. And only through being present can I experience God within me. To experience God is to just BE, without anything else. Because anything else is just form."

While tripping on a small dose of the tryptamine 5-MeO-MIPT, or "moxy", i had an urge to write down my thoughts. I wrote these two paragraph rather fluidly and quick. They can only express what i could put into words, but the experience itself was very enlightening.....

Really, really REALLY wonderfully put. You captured it perfectly, I know precisely what you're talking about. I've seen, heard, smelt, tasted, experienced it, trying to put it into words is crazy difficult for all the reasons you mentioned but that's as good an effort as I've ever read.

Thanks for sharing :)

Here is my effort, to give the following some context you'd need to have read all of this thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/445374-(Nitrous-Oxide)-Experienced-Life-Changing-Problems?highlight=gascid

I know thats waaaaaay too much reading for most, but hey, if you wanna know the whole story it takes a bit of effort ;-)

The following will form part of a book I've started to write. As mentioned in the "other" thread feedback is welcome, to be utterly ignored or completely ridiculed is totally fine. I'm just sharing it, do with it what you will.

Here goes:

This book is not written for monetary profit. At most I imagine anyone who wants a copy will be asked for a voluntary donation and any profit from that will be directed at further research into attempting to prove the theories posited within these pages. I expect this research will not be finished in my lifetime, at the time of writing I’m hoping that another person or group will find it interesting enough to want to continue it.
It is firstly written to help with my own happiness and journey through this life. My happiness is impossible unless the people whom I know, love and respect the most are also happy. I will do everything in my power to help these people be happy however I realise I cannot force anyone to do anything they don’t want to do. I can offer them help, support, guidance in whichever way I reasonably can, however each individuals happiness is ultimately down to them. Every person has the freedom and power to do whatever they please. All people must realise that every action has a consequence and one of the most confusing things about life is to always be doing what you think is right and with the best of intentions, yet things still go wrong. This can lead people to believe there is no UC, after all, why doesn’t he reward people who always try to do their best? The reason why things go wrong, why innocent babies die, why people commit murders, rapes, terrible crimes is because all spirits were created at the beginning of the creation of this universe (many others also exist now, have existed in the past and will exist in the future). These conciousnesses or “spirits” all evolve at different rates. Though two babies may have been born at exactly the same time, would that necessarily mean that they reach exactly the same point in their lives at exactly the same time? Of course not. The same is true of their spirit as it journeys through the astral plane. Some evolve faster than others, I don’t yet know when or why, I only know that it happens.
All that we normally see is not all that is there.
Ask yourself, do I have faults? Do I have weaknesses? If the answer to either one or both of these questions is genuinely no, then you don’t need this book because you have already reached a state of total enlightenment and are at peace with everyone including yourself. You will have no desire which remains unfulfilled or isn’t obtainable at very short notice. If this is the case, you may as well stop reading. Now. All you need to do is pass this book onto someone else who you think might find it helpful, after all complete happiness is impossible unless you are spreading the joy you have to others. Whichever methodology you employed to discover your satisfaction, I congratulate you on finding it.
This book is not strictly going to be written by me, it is a collaborative effort which many people will have input. Everything in this book is simply theory, I am not pronouncing it as fact it is simply what I believe to be true based on my own experience. That is absolutely no
The word “God” is in-appropriate when attempting to describe what I shall from now on refer to as the Universal Creator or UC for short. In actual fact Universal Creator isn’t appropriate either, as He, She, whatever it is has so much knowledge and power and is so all-encompassing that a mere word doesn’t do it justice. But at least the term “UC” doesn’t conjure images in other peoples heads of an old man with a white beard, stories or “guidance” from supposedly holy books such as the Bible, the Koran, the Torah or that of any other organised religion in the world today.
I realise that I’ll be pacing my journey through this particular life much better if I take the slow, stable way through the universe. I suppose like many people, drugs like nitrous oxide have made me aware that what we see and experience in everyday life isn't everything, and I'm grateful for that insight. I also feel that nitrous oxide, psilocybin, LSD, mescaline and the like (all of which I've tried at one point or another) exist only as signposts. The real journey has to be taken without jet fuel, it has to be taken a step at a time, using one's own feet. [adapted from a nitrous trip report on Erowid by “diogenes”.]
I will use drugs again but never for the purposes of hedonism or to attempt to block out pain. They are only to be used as tools to aid my learning, and I understand my tools are delicate and fragile and over-using them will cause them to break. Not only that, but going too far with them will leave me in a position un-able to access them through lack of money, damaged health or removal of my liberty by those who do not understand the path to ultimate happiness, satisfaction and enlightenment. Psychedelic drugs are an aid to reaching a meditative state, not one of mental confusion where typically the only aim is to get fucked out of your mind. This might make you think you are happy and having a good time but what is actually occurring is that you are falling for a chemically induced illusion. It’s not real, all you are actually doing is blotting out the pain of your un-happiness. Even when you think you are generally happy – you have a home, you have a car, you have a partner whom you love, you have nice “things” and you appreciate your situation is better than many others in this world you have to consider whether you actually are. Although this life is extremely short when compared with the grand, universal nature of time, because time is relative it actually feels quite long to our consciousness when laid out over the course of an individual human lifetime. Therefore, don’t panic and be in a hurry to achieve everything you want too quickly. Of course, this doesn’t mean that action isn’t important – far from it. The way to achieve what you want is moderate use of psychedelic drugs in order to problem solve and aid with decision making. A key to aid entry into a meditative state. Ideally, I would like to imagine a future where I have no need to consume anything at all in order to receive wisdom from the UC, at the moment I have no idea if this will be possible but it is my goal to try. The answers you receive from the UC MUST be acted on, as constant thinking, only thinking achieves nothing. People who only act yet never think fail. People who only think and never act also fail. All things that are good in life are about balance and it is by learning how to balance thinking and action that happiness can be achieved.

i'd like to share a poem that i wrote a couple years ago, when I was still fairly new to the psychedelic experience. Although i was inexperienced, i had quite a bit of knowledge of the potential of psychedelic drug use; and i beleive that this poem captures my inspirational motives of the time quite accurately.

This is my thought, take it as you might
It is as spontaneous as the next word to the right
Feeling good tonight, I’ve found some great insight
Built on what I’ve learned, it concludes what I have yearned
It tells me that I’m going, going to be free
It tells me that I am, I am what I want to be
For it is said that there are four places, or rather four spaces
In my consciousness for the exploring, and it is certainly not boring
To find the answer, I must look inside, and to use the key, I just cannot hide
What I’ve been searching for, is through the open door
To lead me yonder, freely experience, and then ponder
I am me, and that is all I can be, in this world my body is fixed
But beyond this plane, my soul and mind are mixed
Creating a being, that is there for the seeing
And as for my existence, well it’s up for bidding
At least in my mind, and I’m not kidding
Following the signs given to me in the night
I’m sure I have sinned, clear in the light
It’s hard to understand, until you hold it in your hand
But it’ll set you straight onto the path of recovery
Just as in the book of Dr. Leary’s great discovery
It will heal all your wounds, caused by your own naïveté
It will transcend your thoughts, and spark new creativity
Given to me on paper, it was a gift beyond belief
For it has seen me crumble, and bring me to relief
Yet it keeps me guessing, and searching for the clues
Forever it will bear my urge to fill these great big shoes
Wide-eyed, dizzied, mystically aware
This chemical, I profess, I just have to share
Lets me feel the rhythms around, as I fall into a trace
Lets myself become the music, as I slowly learn to dance
Triggering my senses, my identity slips away
My name is unfamiliar, in the strangeness of the day
Shapes and colours produced in the light
Make my thoughts and feelings a sight
To see within my very soul, I’m confused at why I’m here
Am I just a human being, it seems not to be so clear
Floating beyond the realm of time, I’m stuck within the now
Space is merely an idea that has presented itself somehow
Heaven and Hell, life and death, are they part of some grand design
Or just names to the thoughts I’ve created within my very own mind

Some people will find this cheesy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ

But I try to pass it on to as many people as I can. Coz even if it is cheesy, imagine a world where everyone lived their life with this attitude. Immensely uplifting and so much of it is just damn good advice, no drugs required :).

The following is a short summary of my basic ideologies and thought systems, formed in sobriety, and expounded upon with the help of entheogenic psychadelics, dissociatives, and deliriants:

Existence is comprised of, simultaneously, the infinite presenting of choices by existence to all agents of free will, and the infinite consequences and reactions of the decisions made (thereby creating the self-perpetuating singularity state necessary for a conceptual totality of existence), combined with all forms of inanimate matter and every type of force. In addition to our understanding of the known reality, there exists separate realities that are not understood, or undiscovered; the only empirical evidence for another reality being the existence of our separate Thought Reality. On a human level, our comprehensible reality is limited to the physical and thought realities; however, it seems evident to me that our comprehensible reality is not the only level on which existence works, especially considering the relativity of fundamental concepts like physics and time in relation to space, as well as Absurd flaws in our physics and mathematics systems (namely the incongruity between the "Laws" of physics governing our large universe and those yet indeterminable "Laws" by which our subatomic particles work, as well as the impossibility of true self-evidence in conceptual mathematics).

It is also my belief that self-determination is omnipotent, and that all is god. This comes from my rationale: The qualifying characteristics for the concept of god includes omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, and infinity in time. When objective analysis is applied, my only suitable find for the role has been the totality of existence. Therefore, all of existence is god in that without ALL of existence, there could not be the totality. Accordingly, I am god. Since I am god, I am omnipotent, in that I have limitless potential and power within my thought reality, as well as considerable sway, depending on the power of each self, in the physical reality.

Furthermore, all experience is contribution, and contribution is the only benefit to the collective knowledge of humanity, and thus the only worthwhile higher pursuit. Concepts like "Good" and "Bad" are Absurd and nonexistent, because although characteristics and descriptions such as beneficial, detrimental, enlightening, fun, sad, and angry are applicable to any sort of experience, these terms are also relative and subject to culture and other influential factors.

Finally, I would say that the simplest way of spreading knowledge that would be beneficial to greater society would be a constant and casual effort. Introduce the ideas in classes or other stimulating conversations and settings. Tell everyone you can, regardless of reception or predisposition. I try to spread the knowledge as much as possible, and any being capable of higher thought will naturally process this information and come to their own conclusions.

I have many more insights, and am in fact writing an in depth didactic text on my thought system. It will also be an anecdotal account of my hallucinations and delusions. Perhaps I will share with you as I work towards it's completion. Maybe WORDS will be helpful in the process even.

Anyhow, these are just a short few of my revelations and ideas. :)

Last edited:
How do we get people to tap into that positive energy and feed it to the rest of the world?
By very gently and subtley planting ideas (like the one you have described above) into their heads. It worked for me.

Expecting life to treat you well because your a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge at you because your a vegetarian.

I love the poem AscendingSoul, it reminds me a great deal of some of the things I've written a day after a trip, and that makes me very proud of my work, since it's a really beautiful poem :)

Although this is a rather small idea, probably obvious to most here, I felt it was worth sharing. All of us need to start doing what we want, so many of us throw away our dreams as too hard or impossible. So what? If it really is impossible imagine the ride you'll have trying! If not, then nothing is too hard, and everything is worth trying. People say they "wish they could travel the world" - then do it! I know oh so many people who've left home with $100-500 and a few possessions, and managed to visit 20-30 countries, spend years travelling and working with locals, and had the time of their lives - doing something they too once thought was impossible or "too hard". So my message, is just do it, stop worrying about what might not go right - if you actually do it, you'll find that nothing can go all that wrong :) This is a message to myself as much as everyone else here.