View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you'll be feeling it a lot longer than 5 hours, man. :) Hope you like it, AMT is a favorite of mine. Reminds me of MDA more than anything, it's somewhat psychedelic but a lot more empathogenic.
Yeah I haven't had mda yet but it did sort of remind me of 6-APB (much more so than 5-APB).

I think amt is quite unique feeling though. Something in between tripping and rolling.

I have also done 5-meo-amt and that was different.

I keep wondering where the 3-APB is at? Also 3-APBT?

3-APB is the benzofuran of amt and 3-APBT is the benzothiophene. Both are indicated to be active by SAR lab studies and tests on rodents.

@Xorkoth how was your party on Saturday?

It was great, went to see a show, stayed up all night chillin with my friend. I got really fucking high at the show, to the point my friends were worried about me, but it was just because MXE made me have a hard time talking, I was having a great time, no problems. But apparently they were triangulating because I went to go pee and then they weren't there when I came out so I went to sit down at the entrance to the place to wait for them. I had no idea until my friend who I went with (and went back to his house) had a "talk" with me afterwards saying he was worried because I took a combination of drugs and he just wants to make sure everyone is safe. I told him I appreciated his concern and didn't mean to scare him, I was still kinda having a hard time talking then, which was because dissociatives can make it hard to talk. And when you add 2C-B, it gets pretty strong, but I was having a great time, the only weirdness was when I realized they were seeing me as "that guy". But these friends are the kind who are hesitant to try something called "2C-B" and even more hesitant to do drug combinations.

After that, I regained my ability to speak and we stayed up all night talking, and said friend opened up about some trauma in his past and wept and we talked through it and it ended up being a really impactful experience for him, even though all he did was cocaine and like 1g of mushrooms :LOL:. I was playing listener and therapist, also intermingled with al that was a ton of fun and great conversations and watching of crazy videos and Rick and Morty. Contact high strikes again! He kept saying he didn't understand why he was feeling so psychedelic and open.

Th ;last 2 times I've gone to show with him, I've done MXE + 2C-B and gotten so high I couldn't talk, and had absolutely powerful experiences, what a great combination, but I probably need to dose a little lower. It keeps surprising me by how fucking strong it is, because the dose I took of either alone would have been fairly museum-level. Massive potentiation...

It was great, went to see a show, stayed up all night chillin with my friend. I got really fucking high at the show, to the point my friends were worried about me, but it was just because MXE made me have a hard time talking, I was having a great time, no problems. But apparently they were triangulating because I went to go pee and then they weren't there when I came out so I went to sit down at the entrance to the place to wait for them. I had no idea until my friend who I went with (and went back to his house) had a "talk" with me afterwards saying he was worried because I took a combination of drugs and he just wants to make sure everyone is safe. I told him I appreciated his concern and didn't mean to scare him, I was still kinda having a hard time talking then, which was because dissociatives can make it hard to talk. And when you add 2C-B, it gets pretty strong, but I was having a great time, the only weirdness was when I realized they were seeing me as "that guy". But these friends are the kind who are hesitant to try something called "2C-B" and even more hesitant to do drug combinations.

After that, I regained my ability to speak and we stayed up all night talking, and said friend opened up about some trauma in his past and wept and we talked through it and it ended up being a really impactful experience for him, even though all he did was cocaine and like 1g of mushrooms :LOL:. I was playing listener and therapist, also intermingled with al that was a ton of fun and great conversations and watching of crazy videos and Rick and Morty. Contact high strikes again! He kept saying he didn't understand why he was feeling so psychedelic and open.

Th ;last 2 times I've gone to show with him, I've done MXE + 2C-B and gotten so high I couldn't talk, and had absolutely powerful experiences, what a great combination, but I probably need to dose a little lower. It keeps surprising me by how fucking strong it is, because the dose I took of either alone would have been fairly museum-level. Massive potentiation...
So did you nexus flip plus mxe?

I had this happen with 4-AcO-DMT and MXE once. I took what I considered low dosages of both of them, I think it was like 15 mg of each, and unexpectedly got soooo high. I ended up doing a ton of pretty stupid shit lol, nothing serious or with any kind of bad consequence, but I got pretty manic and my judgement was clearly impaired.

So did you nexus flip plus mxe?

Oh yeah I did take some MDMA too, I forgot. Actually I was thinking I didn't take enough of the MDMA because after I ate the pill I was only feeling a little something after what seemed like too long, so then I took MXE and then 2C-B. But yeah I totally forgot about the MDMA, lol.

My birthday is tomorrow. I'm thinking about dosing DOC in the afternoon with a buddy.

Tonight I snorted 1 x pill then got the bright idea to shoot some mdma IV!

I just shot half a pill!! Wow!

5-MeO-MiPT has never been an 'empathogen' in anything more than reputation. It has no significant monoamine reuptake inhibition or release properties.
Don't forget about its 5-HT1a agonism. A lot of MDMAs pro-social effects are now thought by some to be partially a result of 5-HT1a agonism alongside other mechanisms like increasing serum oxytocin. Basically, reducing anxiety reduces social anxiety and self-consciousness in general. That combined with its tactile enhancing and psychedelic qualities could create an effect complex that people could compare to other empathogens.

I almost did this last weekend, but was having such a great experience with 2C-B that I didn't want to risk it by adding in the MXE even though I thought they would play beautifully together. I've been enjoying revisiting 2C-B. It's been much more wonderful than I remember.

Don't forget about its 5-HT1a agonism. A lot of MDMAs pro-social effects are now thought by some to be partially a result of 5-HT1a agonism alongside other mechanisms like increasing serum oxytocin. Basically, reducing anxiety reduces social anxiety and self-consciousness in general. That combined with its tactile enhancing and psychedelic qualities could create an effect complex that people could compare to other empathogens.

There are differing opinions on that, such as this:

No Evidence that MDMA-Induced Enhancement of Emotional Empathy Is Related to Peripheral Oxytocin Levels or 5-HT1a Receptor Activation
The present study aimed at investigating the effect of MDMA on measures of empathy and social interaction, and the roles of oxytocin and the 5-HT1A receptor in these effects. The design was placebo-controlled within-subject with 4 treatment conditions: MDMA (75 mg), with or without pindolol (20 mg), oxytocin nasal spray (40 IU+16 IU) or placebo. Participants were 20 healthy poly-drug MDMA users, aged between 18–26 years. Cognitive and emotional empathy were assessed by means of the Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test and the Multifaceted Empathy Test. Social interaction, defined as trust and reciprocity, was assessed by means of a Trust Game and a Social Ball Tossing Game. Results showed that MDMA selectively affected emotional empathy and left cognitive empathy, trust and reciprocity unaffected. When combined with pindolol, these effects remained unchanged. Oxytocin did not affect measures of empathy and social interaction. Changes in emotional empathy were not related to oxytocin plasma levels. It was concluded that MDMA (75 mg) selectively enhances emotional empathy in humans. While the underlying neurobiological mechanism is still unknown, it is suggested that peripheral oxytocin does not seem to be the main actor in this; potential candidates are the serotonin 2A and the vasopressin 1A receptors.

Personally I have strong doubts in the 5-HT1A receptor theory of MDMA’s empathogenic effects. There are several known 5-HT1A receptor agonists that have been used in humans that are not also serotonin releasing agents or 5-HT2A receptor agonists and to my knowledge exactly zero of them have ever been referred to as empathogens. They usually seem to have very mild effects on their own from what I can tell.

In addition to that, 5-MeO-MiPT’s selectivity for 5-HT1A receptor agonism over 5-HT2A receptor agonism is maybe a few times higher than other tryptamine psychedelics at best with the data I’ve seen. If it’s an empathogen for that reason then basically so is every other tryptamine and lysergamide. ETH-LAD’s selectivity for instance is actually considerably higher, like up to several times so.

I’m not saying the 5-HT1A receptor agonism does nothing, but I don’t think it really distinguishes 5-MeO-MiPT from other tryptamine psychedelics still, or at least not enough to call it an empathogen. I might be more compelled to say otherwise if I actually thought 5-MeO-MiPT felt like an empathogen in the first place but I very much don’t.

@Pfafffed

Another anecdotal problem that occurs to me is that I actually find basically every psychedelic phenethylamine to feel considerably more alike MDMA than basically every psychedelic tryptamine or lysergamide despite the fact that nearly every tryptamine and lysergamide binds to 5-HT1A receptors and nearly no phenethylamine psychedelics do. That doesn't really make sense with comparing to 5-MeO-MiPT to psychedelics with less 5-HT1A receptor agonism as a supposed reason for feeling like MDMA.

Personally, I suspect that the 5-HT2B receptor is more critically involved, if any specific serotonin receptor can be called responsible. Most psychedelic phenethylamines have higher relative 5-HT2B receptor agonism than most indole psychedelics from what I've seen. Additionally, blocking the 5-HT2B receptor can block the reinforcement, hyperlocomotion, and even serotonin release of MDMA in mice.

I do think the mechanism of empathogenic effects is far from settled in general, though.

I almost did this last weekend, but was having such a great experience with 2C-B that I didn't want to risk it by adding in the MXE even though I thought they would play beautifully together. I've been enjoying revisiting 2C-B. It's been much more wonderful than I remember.

Yeah, me too! The last few times I've taken 2C-B, it has been wonderful, top tier stuff. For many years I tried it many times and always felt like "well, this is fun, but nothing too special". But lately it's been deep and cathartic and just great.

I have also combined it with MXE the past few times I've done it... the combination is really spectacular, but be warned, the potentiation factor is tremendous.

^ Thanks for sharing that Kaden. I had some time to read a few posts and that touched me.

When you told your girl friend that your sister died on Christmas you needed understanding at that point. The thing that makes us human and helpful. Sorry you had to go through that. And it shows you never know what people are going through. That is why I have to be kind all the time. The other day there as a car going slow, others honking, giving the person the finger and speeding by. I went by the car and saw a lady crying. Anything could have happened and people were insensitive. We for sure need to be more understanding and patient.

As far as letting go I try and use that biblical phrase "forgive them for they know not what they do" and try and let go,. If you explained to your friend that it hurt you then a sincere apology is needed. Yeah drugs can make us like that, but some recognition that she was insensitive should come after the drugs wore off. For me I can never use drugs as an excuse though. A person's actions are a person's action and they need to own them no matter what.

To the posts before that, I too remember all of us talking about how 2C-B gets better with time. What seemed colorful, fun and shallow in the beginning has gotten deep now. Maybe that is why Shulgin like it so much. I think I may have been comparing it with acid in the beginning and just thought it was a cute colorful trip. Now they are deep and healing whenever I revisit.

Apologies if anyone read my (now deleted) last post. I got into it with a friend earlier -which I never do- had a few too many Japanese benzos to chill out, and am having a kind of rough night.

It's Saturday night here though, I need a good psychedelic pick-me-up.. mescaline perhaps. Good thing I prepared some earlier.

Much love Swirly residents, hope everyone's enjoying the weekend 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.