PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou @JackARoe
Means a lot, all good points.

I guess I just keep trying to put this negative stuff behind me and then it comes out at random times. I'm a bit unbalanced at the moment, but I'll sort it out. Things will work out, they always do.

I've got a roof over my head, clean water, two cats on my lounge, I eat reasonably well and realistically, have a lot more to be thankful for than upset about.

That Circle World video sure does give me salvia vibes, even though I haven't tripped on salvia more than lightly. But even at the light level I've been to, it's quite a lot like that, with repeating, ever-expanding, bizarre patterns that see to be composed of carbon copies of cartoonish characters ever-expanding into larger patterns.

Cyriak is an impressive artist. I always imagine their stuff is tapping into salvia vibes, but I've never tried it. Would appreciate if someone experienced with the stuff could confirm or contest that.

I definitely have gotten that vibe with their stuff, some stuff more than others, but I could see it at least a little bit with basically all of it. This Circle World video definitely has it going on a lot, although it comes like a decade or more into their animating career and is a straight compilation of basically all their best stuff from back in the day compiled into one… circle world, and the circular world itself and all the spinning and circular backgrounds may be the most broadly salvia-like things about this one. This video is awesome but the older ones are a little simpler, like the cat one I mentioned that made it onto Adult Swim.

This one reminds me less of salvia although there certainly are some parts with that vibe, and again it’s an older animation so maybe they just didn’t feel like they could pull it off like they can these days, this came out ten years before Circle World.

I definitely think it’s possible they use salvia as an inspiration although I also think it’s possible that they’re just one of those people who sees this kind of stuff in their head naturally like Salvador Dali. For what it’s worth I think salvia is actually a lot more natural-feeling than it’s often given credit for in the trip reports of teenagers freaking out after smoking unbelievably massive dosages. I find salvia very relatable to natural dissociation and psychosis and think it’s actually a lot more like the things anyone can experience just from being a little bit crazy than things like serotonergic psychedelics are.

Another classic:

This one reminds me of closed eye visuals I had on methoxetamine once, or maybe those were inspired by it.

Here is an album of AI-generated art that I had made tonight with an app my friend showed me. The images are large and there are a lot of them so it's in a spoiler.

The way you make the art is by just entering a short text prompt for it to go off of and picking an artistic style for it to use. The second one was designed by my mom and the second to last one is inspired by a lucid dream my friend had and the rest are just prompts I came up with myself. Every image here but one was used as its first generation, no redos. The exception is the one with the prompt "Prescription drugs by the dozen." because I accidentally deleted the original and had to reroll a few times to get something sufficiently similar, and the one after it is a tribute to the lost original.

3-C9-A4-C4-F-778-A-4-C42-B73-E-F53-E8-A64-AEA0.jpg

30-B5-C29-E-9191-44-F7-A5-AF-8819-B2-E2-DA54.jpg

B98-E7-CCB-7563-412-B-8-E4-C-C30-ED849-D159.jpg

52858-A49-DEE8-4048-BF5-E-0-F81-ECB89-A04.jpg

AF812-B8-C-BC96-4-EAA-ACCA-8-FDD29-CE965-C.jpg

001-A7716-6133-4558-AB43-D3777797-D2-CE.jpg

00291-C71-744-F-4319-9-E38-4-E8-A3-B463-B2-D.jpg

818-C247-D-DBCD-4903-86-A4-D20-F1-E3-CE060.jpg

56-C3-A0-FF-60-AF-45-CB-88-C8-3382-F9-D174-B9.jpg

2-B584443-AE82-4835-9-D00-5401-BF91-D055.jpg

26-C4-C768-ADCC-4873-A5-FC-C9-BF631-B1-A92.jpg

D5545998-40-F4-47-D9-B326-B37-B0-F291-BC3.jpg

B573-CDB6-DC2-D-405-D-B5-DD-691-C9189692-D.jpg

CD84586-E-2-D4-B-498-B-869-D-58802-D4-F5-CBC.jpg

50604385-A45-D-417-F-BA18-80-BB3-CC91058.jpg

F35-A6-BFF-E9-EF-4901-B4-DD-AE3-D59414-D7-E.jpg

5-D0-EAF7-B-9-EF4-41-E6-9-EBB-41868-EA89-B97.jpg

4-AF17-A32-4-F2-E-4-C1-C-ACF3-1-B4683-AE5-D07.jpg

3747-FB09-5-BCA-4293-A0-B6-ADF85-BB63572.jpg

EA831490-E3-E1-462-E-A58-D-C837-BACF3-D37.jpg

3-F5-DE324-E12-C-4727-8-BF7-2265-EA104341.jpg

EEBDCD5-B-A8-D7-4-CED-8-BB3-5-AB138496066.jpg

CE9-EC8-F8-C62-C-4-C8-C-A9-FB-4-C1-DB79183-D2.jpg

F438-FC16-D780-4497-ABB2-4-A4-B2-F8-A06-EF.jpg

667-E1-A5-A-0-E8-C-4-FCC-AA99-AFFC77-C74-B88.jpg

These were generated by the app Dream by WOMBO.

I definitely have gotten that vibe with their stuff, some stuff more than others, but I could see it at least a little bit with basically all of it.
Pleased to hear your agreement!

I also think it’s possible that they’re just one of those people who sees this kind of stuff in their head naturally like Salvador Dali.

Completely agree, and I'd even wager that that kind of stuff is maybe just around the corner in everyone's head, which might be part of what makes any aesthetic or art appealing. Maybe it's showing us something that's just out of view otherwise, but still nearby territory and expanding the range of our experience in the process.

I don't think Cyriak is necessarily using actual Salvia for inspiration, just that it seems like the aesthetic approaches that space/mental mode (in my estimation, having never taken salvia personally). I think the spaces that psychoactives put us in are aspects or facets of the normal/possible range of the human mind - maybe exaggerated, maybe most people could never get there on their own, but it's all part of the possible human endogenous mental experience. I suppose that thought is parallel to the one I wrote about about art/aesthetics.

Reminds me of how arabesque patterns in mosques etc look so much like psychedelic patterning. It's very unlikely that the craftsmen creating those patterns are experienced trippers, but they're tapping into a mental space that is also accessed by classic psychedelics.

I don't know if you all follow the mdma social thread or not but I got more pills today with the handicapped symbol on them. Lol.

I wonder if that's because I'm handicapped after snorting one. I also had a 100mg thc delta 8 edible.

Still celebrating my birthday I guess even though it was two days ago.

Wow.

In the past few hours I snorted two mdma pills.

A few minutes ago I snorted 49mg of MAL!

So now I'm MAL flipping. Still celebrating my birthday weekend.

Hope you had a great birthday weekend!
I'm still up going. I've had another pill and one third of mdma since my last checkin and puffed a good amount of herb. Still on the tail of this MAL.

MAL is nice. I was already on the MDMA when I decided to snort the MAL. All night I keep imagining how amazing it would be to vape some of the MAL. Truly a beautiful chemical.

I have been reading lately about the different native american churches and their sacred use of peyote so I spent some time last night thinking about the Great Spirit. It's been a cool trip.

Dosed 2mg DOC earlier and snorted like 4mg 4homet. Feeling pretty smooth and vibey, playing some video games and trying to relax. Friend and I hiked down to the river earlier it was a good day!

DOC is always a good day! Especially when hiking is involved.

It's Tuesday and I already can't wait for the weekend. Not because I have a fun weekend planned, just because it's Tuesday and it was supposed to have been my week off, but I got called in.

That said, I might have a somewhat fun weekend. I found some MDAI/MPA caps. I don't remember them being anything special at the time I got them, but I probably got them alongside much more special things.

I've also got some Peruvianus off-cuts in the Extractatron 2.0 and some other herbs and spices from that part of the world.

I take that back, I do have a fun weekend planned.

I've been having methcathinone. Just a bump or two in the morning as a consolation prize for not getting the week off. It's pretty generic without the funky fluoro or ethyl or methylenedioxy bits and pieces sticking out of it, but at least it's suitable for working.. when I should have had the week off.

I made myself some methcathinone a few times back in college, using pseudoephedrine and potassium permanganate. I was not impressed, even though it was nice looking crystals. Looking back, it sketches me out, because I could very easily have been ingesting manganese, which is not good. No idea if I was or not. I only did it a few times, anyway.

Interesting, I really liked methcathinone. It’s quite euphoric for me and reminds me a great deal of racemic methamphetamine when taken orally. It makes me very social and outgoing and it’s great for going out. The only thing I find annoying is the long residual stimulation when the main effects have worn off. It’s not as good as 3/4-MMC but still very worthwhile imo. Will be interesting to see how it compares to 4-FMC, which I haven’t tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.