• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Other dimensions

why the hell do you guys keep talking about frequencies? how the fuck is that going to change anything

frequency refers to rate of vibration. all things vibrate, and they vibrate at their own frequencies. everything around us is in a state of vibration. think of it this way. in the waking world of existence our conscious minds are tuned into a certain frequency range or channel to communicate and experience life as we know it. psychedelics allow us to change this channel and tune into other "higher" frequencies that are normally shut out.

Last edited:
Toltec said:
Not to sure, but the 4th dimension is time i believe

this seems to be a common misconception.....

The concept of a fourth dimension is one that is often described in considering its physical implications, that is, we know that in three dimensions, we have dimensions of length (or depth), width, and height. The fourth dimension is said to be at right angles to these three.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Dimension

interesting read.

at chemical messiah:
i understand all about frequencies, infact i have done very indepth studies and lectures on it at uni, but where you guys loose me is when you say that our minds are "tuned" to a certain frequency. What happens is that every particle everywhere vibrates at a different frequency depending on particle size, temperature etc ( except at 0 kelvin, where there is theoretically no vibration). So when you say that we are tuned to one frequency, i just dont get how you can say that, because within our brain each particle would have its own frequency, which can be the same or different as the one next to it, and the frequency of that particle can also be changed simply by a change in temperature. So when you say that we could change our brain's frequency to possibly move to another dimension, well i belive this is wrong because it changes everyday.

(edit): i mean i have been to indepth lectures, not taught them :)

Truth is, at least for me; the psychedelic always wears off! The physical body/ brain included can not permanently, if at all pass through or exist within another dimension or ride on a frequency, vibrate into another wherever etc... Only this one!

When we eventually ascend / Die does our conciseness still exist? Truth is no one really knows. I do know, believing in something before our time come, is comforting for some and frightening for others. So I'll hold on to my belief that our conciseness never dies.

I got to say though there is a lot of interesting theories and possibilities to be had in this vast universe we live in.
Namaste

^^ agreed.....its sure fun to explore them all :)

ive quite the enchantment with mr mckenna lately....and i think joe rogans frat boy take on the dmt experience is absolutely hilarious and quite the fun thing to read/listen to

Toltec said:
I really don't think we can physically leave this 3rd dimension. I pretty much see it, where in these bodies until something happens, and you have to ascend. To who knows where.

Toltec said:
the psychedelic always wears off! The physical body/ brain included can not permanently, if at all pass through or exist within another dimension or ride on a frequency, vibrate into another wherever etc... Only this one!

Listen to what this guy is saying. We are bound to our bodies, whether we admit it or not.

Go to any meditation teacher and try to learn how to meditate, and he's going to tell you to meditate you need to take care of your health. He may even give you some physical exercises such as asanas or other movements to prepare your body for meditation. Why is this? It is because if there is any pain, sluggishness, tension or discomfort in your body, it is going to disturb your mind, making it difficult if not impossible to meditate. Similary, if you have any problems or issues in yoru life, your meditation teacher will tell you in order to meditate you need to work out those issues. Why is this? It is because if there are any issues on your mind, they too will disturb your mind, making it difficult if not impossible to meditate.

Put simply, you cannot access any "higher planes" or "other dimensions" of awareness as accessed in ASC's (Altered States of Conciousness) unless you are in equilibrium with the the dimension that we live in, i.e. the "physical plane". As long as there is any disequilibrium in the physical plane, such as discomfort in your body or problems in your life, the phsycal plane will hold you back.

Now you can take drug, such a dissociative or strong psychelic drug, and it might appear you've left your body for a little while. But when the drug wears of you will land back in your body. And to whatever extent you neglected your body while you were on the drug, plus whatever the drug did directly to your body, your body will likely be in worse condition after the drug has worn off. And the whole time it is the physical presence of the drug in your body that makes you 'escape' from you body.

So at best, taking a drug buys you a temporary equilibrium in the physical plane, allowing you to temporarily access "higher planes". But when the drug wears off, you are left with a greater disequilibrium in the physical plane. This is hardly a way to achieve a stable equilibrium and thus stable access to ASC's, "higher planes", "other dimensions", etc.

IOW, if you want stable access to ASC's, "higher planes", "other dimensions", etc., take the advice of any good meditation teacher. You need deal with this dimension first. Take care of your body and your mind, for real. Live in peace with your neighbors, for real. Your body is your temple. Your mind is the altar. Your neighbors are Divinity.

The one thing I think I'm seeing on this, and other forums is a mild form of mass hysteria!

There are allot of young minds here trying to latch onto these surrealistic view point. Who know where this Leeds.

For example:

Mass Sociogenic Illness
"Mass sociogenic illness" (MSI), a form of mass hysteria, demonstrates the process. In MSI, mere sight and sound, like disabling viruses, can make so many people feel so sick that within minutes an entire town's ambulances are summoned. One such case occurred in a summer program in Florida for disadvantaged kids (Desenclos, Gardner, & Horan, 1992). Every day at noon, the 150 children gathered in a dining hall where they were served pre-packaged lunches. As lunch began one day, a girl complained that her sandwich didn't taste right: she felt nauseated, and came back from the restroom reporting that she had thrown up. Others began to complain that their stomachs hurt too and that the sandwiches really did taste funny. Then a number of them described having headaches, tingling in their hands and feet, and abdominal cramping. The supervisor, obviously worried about all the complaints, announced to the horrified children that the food might be poisoned. They were told to stop eating immediately.

Within 40 minutes, 63 children were sick. More than 25 of them had vomited. Ambulances were called and the children had to be divided up among three different hospitals.

But an hour later, it was all over. Every examination and test performed on the children was normal. Meal samples were analyzed, but no bacteria or pesticides were detected. Food processing and storage techniques had been faultless. And no one had become ill at any of the other 68 sites at which the very same food was served. Unmistakably, these children were victims of MSI.

And What about:

Salem, Massachusetts is famous for its 1692 "witch hunts." Sparked by the accusations of four young girls, a Puritan community already fearful of eternal damnation became panicked into believing that witches were among them.

Placebo effect is real!
We may glimpse certain realization wile under the influence of psychedelics and there great for growing and understanding this reality.

But all I can say is be careful what you eat, especial the very Frequent Flyer's here on these forums.

Listen to Glogg; learn how to meditate.
Namaste

^i dissagree on the mass hysteria, i think that most of the peple posting on here are simply exploring other options for the "truth" than what they have been taught

I mean it's kind of like mass hysteria, we have to be careful that we don't become fooled into believing certain concepts that are just the imagination of someone else trip.

This form of communicating is new to me and i don't articulate very well via the type written word. I'm a verbal person. But what do i know! I'm just looking out for the younger folks here.

Where are the aliens where are the ghosts where are the elf's, let me not forget big foot or even god. Which God.
Sorry for this but the more i learn the more i realize that there is so much more to learn. Bottom line for me is I'm happy stable and centered, I'm where i want to be.

personally i dont believe most of this stuff, my belief is placed firmly in what i see as scientific fact, but im open to exploring new possibilities, nohting new would ever be discovered if we didnt think outside the square

Im not comming in here as the most experianced person, but like others have said I dont believe that psychs allows us to "travel" to other dimensions by the standard connotation because our bodies are bound to this plane of existence. I believe that not only psychs, but also meditation practices, yoga, and dreams all allow our mind (not brain) to transcend to higher states of consciousness because the mind (once again not brain!) is conformed of energy (I guess you could call this my belief of an everylasting soul) It is once our minds have transcended that we can view and interact with beings and objects on these higher planes of existence. A lot of people have posted scientific resources on here, but try reading some philosophical and mystical references. Look into the Buddhist teachings like the Pali Canon or some of the Hindu Sutras. Like I said I believe that our physical bodies cannot leave this plane of existence, but it is our mind once broken of the barriers of our limited state of transcendence that can peer into these other "dimensions". It is not until we reach a state of Nirvana in one of our future lives that we can shed this physical body and allow our being to transcend to one of these higher planes of existence.

Yeah, I believe we can momentarily glimpse those other places^^
although we really don't know if its just our imagination or these places and other consciousnesses really exist. I wish this to be true Because it really would suck if this was all there was!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toltec said:
Yeah, I believe we can momentarily glimpse those other places^^
although we really don't know if its just our imagination or these places and other consciousnesses really exist. I wish this to be true Because it really would suck if this was all there was!!!!!!!!!!!!

For real though...... damn thats a hella depressing thought....... especially if the theory of rebirth is true...... to have to deal with this fucked up world for all eternity without any hope of ascension..... fuck that shit

String theory requires (for mathmatical reasons I cannot begin to comprehend) a universe with either 10 or 26 dimensions. This has exactly nothing nothing to do with phychedelics, or any other drug, for that matter.

What I want to know is how is every so damn confident these "higher planes of existance (sp?)" exist? Why isn't it all a massive form of self-deception similar to what cults do but for non-monary gain?

subdefy said:
What I want to know is how is every so damn confident these "higher planes of existance (sp?)" exist? Why isn't it all a massive form of self-deception similar to what cults do but for non-monary gain?

I dont think we will ever have definate proof that these higher planes exist, I think for most people its intuition or an experiance where they believed they had contact with a higher plane of existence. Its like asking y do all these people believe in a "god" Maybe its part of human nature to look for something above ourselves, something to strive to acheive.... Honestly I don't know if i care, I don't think any less of people for being atheist or believing in heaven, or in doubting that there are higher planes of existence. Its just what I believe to be true, through knowledge, experiance, and intuition.

subdefy said:

You have a point !
I believe they do 'exist' BUT whether they are THE only form of that particular dimension I am uncertain.

Regards the 'vibration' thing that (to me at least) is real.

Time is static (doesn't exist except as NOW). The universe (physical) is vast.

Therefore anything and everything exists in the same instant - NOW !

Our brain filters this information out in order to help us survive in the physical world.

Can I prove this ? No !:\

Why would I want to ?8)

I wouldn't why should I ? :|

It's all irrelevant.:D

Be the best you can HERE and NOW.;)

It's all you can do !:)

Isn't it