• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

cheers for the encouragement. Does DHC have the same allergy reaction potential as codeine, as that makes me turn bright red from head to foot with a horrible prickly hot itch ? :eek: I think phergan/promethazine helped IIRC, is that the correct anti histamine to potentiate and lessen any allergic reactions to codeine ?

Dihydrocodeine produces far less severe histamine reactions in most people. It's that bit stronger too.

Promethazine will certainly stop a codeine itch in its tracks, but so will diphenhydramine, and several non-drowsy options work perfectly well too.

With regard to potentiation / enhancement, promethazine and diphenhydramine will certainly give you a drowsier experience, yes. Hence their popularity. They won't necessarily make the experience more intense.

I'm glad that Gabapentin gives you a "high" of somewhat but I get no positive psychological aspects from it. Different strokes n all that %)
Well well.... I eat my words:
It took a very large dose (3.3g), a bit of cider, some Diazepam and about a 1 hour wait, but I seem to have gained a very nice feeling from Gabapentin:

I've no pain that I was experiencing earlier (knees, lumbar back and neck), pretty sedated, a relaxed and light-weighted feeling with my muscles (extremities are most prominent, but all over my body is effected) and a sort of detached feeling mentally, like being drunk but without the heavy feeling it gives you. And yes, I know, I have had some Ethanol but barely enough to touch me - The most it's done is that because of it's carbonation, it has speeded up the metabolism a bit.
It's rather lovely actually :) Mmmmmmm mellow yellow capsules ;)

Anyhoo, sorry - This is an Opioid Withdrawal thread, but I must say that - with the right dosage - Gabapentin (and most likely Pregabalin) will help a great deal!

Monsta are you staggering yr doses of Gabapentin? It is actively transported and that transporter gets saturated at about 300 mg....for example, I get far more fuxxorred taking 300 mg GP every 30 mins with some snax for a few hours than I do taking multiple grams at once.....it's a lush feeling.... Combine with some CB1 activity, some dissos, and withdrawal becomes fun!

Aaaahhhhh so it's a bit like Tramadol in that respect yeah? Except not useless (to me) ;)
And I also thought that it could be one of those compounds who's bioavailability increases with a lipidy meal but have never tried it.

So, Cannabinoids aside (because they really sketch me out these days), I'll give that a go shortly because my knees are fucking killing me/B] today! :|

Cheers for the tip amanitadine! :)

these bupe w/ds are fuckin endless, yesterday i was just completely run down, but today i felt back in w/d, could not get warm, and have been driving myself mad all day moaning and groaning. I took a pregabalin a couple of hours ago, had a couple of tangerines before a tinned salmon sandwich and am feeling miles better and actually OK now. I think there is something in this vitamin c theory, but there is also no doubt that pregabalin helps also.

Yep, they're endless alright. Your brain needs a long time to recover from daily doses of buprenorphine.

How long is it since your last dose now?

tbh im not even sure, i think its been about a month since i stopped daily use, but have had about 3 relapses, twice on bupe, once on poppy pods, both very long duration half life and eliminiation opis. They are so not worth it, allthough they bought immense relief for one day, ive felt awful for the next 2 days, and then allthough the worst of the physical dependency thing is over, the healing is taking ages, and the relapses are just delaying my recovery in the longer term. I know all this but ive kept doing it.

As ive come this far i am going to stick with it, but was very tempted to use the "terrible time of year to stop" excuse and get back on it until March or something, but i may be just a few days, a week, a few weeks, away from recovery, its the not knowing how fucking long is the worst thing.

Anyway I need to keep things in perspective. This is the first time in my life in been in feeling in unknown length bad physical health, once this is over and done with I wont take my health for granted any more. Had it been a better time of year it would be much easier to get out for walks and bike rides and stuff to try to rebuild my stamina.

Thankyou for your continued support and advice. It is appreciated.

No problem. It's good to see you getting somewhere. It is a drawn-out process, but it does come to an end.

You're right in saying it'd be easier if it were a different time of year, but well done on holding out.

glad someones got their wits about them. Im actually feeling ok now, but my mental and physical energy was depleted before. If i could possibly cut out smoking e - cigs i know that will make it much easier for me to eat properly, and that is gonna be one of the key componenets in my recovery i reckon. I have no reason to doubt you're correct, but as you might imagine those 16 days have seemed a lot longer than they were. Im gonna stop fucking whinging all the time, ive done this to myself, i know the quickest easiest way out. It just doing it.

I'm gonna be dropping from two bottles of codeine linctus to just one. To most, this will seem like a trifling matter. To me, it feels like the world is gonna end. I've always been a codeine "superuser" in that I could high on tiny, tiny amounts. I have a feeling that next week will suck a massive amount of balls!!

Wish me luck!!

All the best, Curious.

You may say it's only codeine, but that's a fair old amount of codeine you've been going through, so it won't be a walk in the park to say the least. You've done well to resist the urge to progress up the opiate ladder, so to speak.

I haven't seen the need to climb the opiate ladder as codeine still works wonderfully, I just need (lots) more of it. It's not sustainable though and it's costing me a fortune having to buy from online pharmacies every day and pay the exorbitant delivery charges.

Time to grow up and move on with my life.

Anyone tried stopping smoking whilst recovering from PAWS ? I know its a tall order, i dunno if i'll be able to do it or not, in theory it sounds like a good idea, as smoking blunts my appetite, makes me generally not bothered about food, and im sure it runs your body down. My energy levels seemed to be around 15 % of tip top health following the acute physical w/d phase. And that lasted at least 16 days, before i had another lapse.

I think i may deliberately run down the batteries on my ecigs so that I'll be forced to wait at least an hour, and in that time the nicotine cravings will have come and gone several times. Its just something i automatically do straight after breakfast, if i can break that chain, my body will appreciate it and I'll also be able to sleep better. Also nicotine apparently lessens the effects of benzos, something else i need to reduce significantly and as quickly as possible. Im not going to try this tomorrow, maybe the day after tomorrow.