• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

I'm a weed/hash snob.

I smoke very high quality hash/ weed in UK, the coffee shops rarely have the same quality.

Also, any named strain can be, and often is, of pisspoor quality...it's about the growing, drying, curing and storing, and that's if the named strain is actually what it claims to be in the first place.

Last time we went to Holland we took our own with us.

What a load of shit. People like you are so fucking annoying, stay away from the coffeeshops, fuck please stay home.

Maybe he doesn't realize that in Amsterdam they can openly explore ways to make effective weed/hash and have some of the greatest imports in the world.

Okay, sorry for the sweeping coffeeshops is cak statement, Yeah, I probably don't know the best coffee shops, but the ones I have been to have been okay, nice places...

And there is some EXCELLENT weed and hash available in the coffeeshops, just very very expensive for the good shit...

I buy a little bit of import if I'm over there, import hash I mean, cos I can't get that in UK...not the same quality anyway.

The best Nederhashes are extortionate, and the best hazes too are very expensive, certainly I wouldn't pay those prices when I get just as good at home for a fraction of the price. The "standard" price, large scale produced bud in a lot of the coffeeshops really ain't that good, and I wouldn't buy it.

And apologies Amstertram, I'm not slagging off your whole city, you must know a lot of the best hashes and certainly the best hazes never see the coffeeshops? I know the Dutch people grow some superb strains, the Brits do too you know!

Coals....Newcastle..? Maybe, but I go to Holland for the country, I like the people, their attitude etc, I like to smoke a bit over there, I just don't go for the specific purpose of using their buds/hashes, and , I prefer what I get here, so I take it with me, and it's nice to share sometimes too when you meet up with peeps.

i woud never think about taking weed with me to amsterdam thats a very odd thing to do. i do agree though alot of the weed over there is very overrated though. the best weed i have ever smoked was grown in the UK.

lol i take hash with me. I got to say been head, it's not that odd, really, I take hash anywhere I go....I don't want to end up either without a smoke, or getting stiffed, or wandering round for hours looking for something...Holland, yeah, stuff's available, but as i said, I'd rather not pay the prices over there for the quality I want, and it's always nice to share a smoke with the locals, whether it's Holland, Spain, wherever...

Really came across bad again in this thread, soz. :( Was in a shouty mood yesterday and just barged in...

EDIT>>>>>>and yes, I have smoked some excellent weed over there, as good as some of the best british homegrown I've smoked, real fine sativas, hazes, but they didn't come from a coffeeshop.

Last edited:
lol i take hash with me. I got to say been head, it's not that odd, really, I take hash anywhere I go....I don't want to end up either without a smoke, or getting stiffed, or wandering round for hours looking for something...Holland, yeah, stuff's available, but as i said, I'd rather not pay the prices over there for the quality I want, and it's always nice to share a smoke with the locals, whether it's Holland, Spain, wherever...

Really came across bad again in this thread, soz. :( Was in a shouty mood yesterday and just barged in...

EDIT>>>>>>and yes, I have smoked some excellent weed over there, as good as some of the best british homegrown I've smoked, real fine sativas, hazes, but they didn't come from a coffeeshop.

No worries, it did come across a bit odd. Weed is a business here, we can buy it at stores. So you will find a great variety of prices and quality. I can assure you very good hash and weed is available at decent prices in shops a bit outside the center of Amsterdam.

I'm a weed/hash snob.

I smoke very high quality hash/ weed in UK, the coffee shops rarely have the same quality.

Also, any named strain can be, and often is, of pisspoor quality...it's about the growing, drying, curing and storing, and that's if the named strain is actually what it claims to be in the first place.

Last time we went to Holland we took our own with us.

You took your own weed...to AMSTERDAM??? lol that's brilliant

All the stuff there was properly dried and cured when I went, proper nice big buds . Thing is even though the price per gram for the top stuff was expensive, a gram actually was a lot of weed and considering how strong it was it worked out very economical. Plus there wa cheaper deals at some of the other shops too, it was fucking strong enough for me!! :D

My personal favourite was 'Orange bud', seemed to have the perfect high to it even if there were stronger ones there. I regret not trying any of that super hash when I was there though, was too busy getting through all the buds, will be all over that next time I go.

Any tips on amsterdam coffee shops?

Since I pretty much have plans to move to the UK, I think I'd like to make a trip out there from london to amsterdam by train, if perhaps just for the novelty of smoking in a fully public establishment. I'd like to know where they got the best shit and what places pretty much rip you off by selling regular quality labeled as killer shit. Also I don't think I've ever smoked proper hash before.

Since I pretty much have plans to move to the UK, I think I'd like to make a trip out there from london to amsterdam by train, if perhaps just for the novelty of smoking in a fully public establishment. I'd like to know where they got the best shit and what places pretty much rip you off by selling regular quality labeled as killer shit. Also I don't think I've ever smoked proper hash before.

The deeper you go into the RLD, the better they get. The ones closest to the train station are rip offs and have a bad choice of product.

Stay away from the Grasshopper. Well, I take that back. Buy shit from a good coffee shop and enjoy the atmosphere of the Grasshopper.

Bulldog, same thing.

Good coffeeshops off the top of my head:

Hunter's Bar (formerly the coin) - great selection

Barneys

Amnesia (I think thats the name ;) )

There are a few others.

Also remember you get what you pay for...

Good hash should be expensive. The best haze's will be expensive.

if any hash/weed seems a lot cheaper than others it's probably not so good.

all hash in the dam is good maybay not good qulity but its good to be able to smoke FREELY its been a while since a was there but a good coffee shop a went to in the past was called spot the loony .no shit thats wot it was called great atmosphere just go and enjoy the holland p.s if your in holland you should try rotterdam totaly diffrent ohe word ov advice stick to the main streets

plus the fact that its over the counter in a SHOP!!! Also how the fuck can these strains I've listed be described as 'pisspoor quality'?

well said am off too buy a bit pollen ha mare like a bit slate dont seam too get mutch ov a choise these days in the uk pisspoor in the dam dont make me laugh

Top quality coffeeshops: De Tweede Kamer, Dampkring, Barney's, Kashmir Lounge, and a few other (from what I remember on the top of my head - been there a long time ago).

+1 De Tweede Kamer, Grey Area, Amnesia, Bluebird, Grasshopper is nice to sit in, Kadinsky, anywhere but the Bulldog :p

I stayed right next to barney's lounge this month, had a nice vibe and a little table outside looking out over the canal which was good ifthe weather was nice. (which is was all the time =D)

I stayed right next to barney's lounge this month, had a nice vibe and a little table outside looking out over the canal which was good ifthe weather was nice. (which is was all the time =D)

Very overpriced weed IMHO.

For great deals outside the center, try Chapiteau in the Westerpark. Take-out only.

Other good shops:

Katsu in de Pijp. Great OG Kush #18 and Red Lebanese hash
Grey Area
Basjoes

Who gives a shit if it's expensive? I'm heading out in september on my way to croiata can't wait :)

^ Exactly. Amsterdam IS expensive. And for Barney's coffeeshop, the Northern Lights and the Orangebud are the best in town (well, they were in 2000, don't know if they still have the same growers).