• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Odd things you think only you do vs. WAIT, YOU TOO?

When ever I am not sitting down or in motion I stand like a flamingo. Meaning i stand on one leg with my other leg bent and my other foot rested on the standing leg. Its very similar to the tree pose in yoga only i just do what ever with my hands. I do this like anytime im washing dishes, or cooking, or if Im at work where i cant just sit around, i take up this stance.
I stand like this aLLLL the time! And perpetual, thats my most common position of sleep too..

I also count things a lot - usually there are 14 steps in a stair section..Or I get the numerology of a room, locker etc. For instance, at the gym I'll only put my stuff into a locker that will = 7 in some way.
I set my alarms for a random time - as long as it'll equal a multiple of 7..

Last edited:
sometimes when i am eating goldfish crackers like a maniac i can sometimes swallow one and hold it in a pocket? in my throat. I can than talk, drink, etc. fine, than if i clear my throat the cracker comes right up into my mouth unharmed.

unharmed regurgitation ftw.

...spending your whole life believing you were 'unique', only to find out you are actually Pelican. :(<3

I can, naturally, talk like a chipmunk/ like I have inhaled Helium.

I also set my clocks fast, between ten minutes and four hours usually. All of my clocks are set to different amounts of wrong as well. I have sort of a mental record of which clock where is at what. It keeps me on my toes.

heh do this too :)- it's nuts, I have an ongoing competition with clocks.

sometimes when i am eating goldfish crackers like a maniac i can sometimes swallow one and hold it in a pocket? in my throat. I can than talk, drink, etc. fine, than if i clear my throat the cracker comes right up into my mouth unharmed.

unharmed regurgitation ftw.

...spending your whole life believing you were 'unique', only to find out you are actually Pelican. :(<3

I can, naturally, talk like a chipmunk/ like I have inhaled Helium.

When I'm making a hot water bottle,I like to sniff the opening after I've poured the water in before screwing the top on.The rubbery smell is delicious.

I buy those long life milk cartons you can keep in the cupboard.Since they don't have an expiration date like normal milk,I throw them out even if they are full if they've been in the fridge for more than 3 days.I'm scared I can't rely on my sense of smell to tell me if they're going off,and that I'll make some chocolate milk and drink it and I'll be horribly sick,because the heavy chocolate flavour might disguise the taste of milk that is turning bad.I've never tasted or smelt milk that's gone bad,and the thought freaks me out....I really like milk and am scared a bad experience might put me off drinking it for life.....

I also set my clocks fast, between ten minutes and four hours usually. All of my clocks are set to different amounts of wrong as well. I have sort of a mental record of which clock where is at what. It keeps me on my toes.

i'm glad i'm not the only one. i think it's weird, because i usually know exactly how fast my phone is (and always have to calculate the time based upon that) but i resist putting it back to a normal time for some reason.
i think maybe it fools me enough to read the time at face value when i first wake up, but even then i have my doubts. i've always done it - it's crept up from 2-5 minutes years ago to 35 minutes at present. i'm sure it seems confusing to most people...

What's all this front-to-back back-to-front ass wiping balderdash? Allow me to enlighten you filthy-assed barbarians. The proper technique is front-to-back, back-to-front for the first few sweeps. But then one must use both clockwise and counterclockwise wipes for the fine work. The reason is evident in the bent teeth of this ancient lead comb, shown here as an exaggerated illustration of how the clefts of the butt hole are deformed during counterclockwise (top) and clockwise (bottom) wipes. Any unidirectional approach will leave butt mud effectively enveloped within the clefts as the paper drags the edges of the balloon knot ridges together.

lead_comb.jpg

My thing is analyzing simple behaviors for improvements in efficacy, weighed by convenience, and making hypercritical yet crude posts on the internet about my discoveries with an air of superiority.

Can't believe I'm sharing this,but psoodOnym has a good point. I always use the front to back,then back to front method for a regular bowel movement.But if things get a bit messy and nasty,I'll do front to back,back to front (as much as needed) then finish off with the clockwise and counter clockwise using one of those flushable fresh wipes.No skid marks for me %)

I stand like this aLLLL the time! And perpetual, thats my most common position of sleep too..
I think you and Neko should think about trying to stop this standing on one leg habit. It seems innocuous enough, and maybe for you both it really won't have any consequence, but the fact is you're doubling the pressure on your knee when you stand this way. Overweight people are far more prone to knee pain, and you're multiplying the weight your knees need to support by two and shifting the angle of pressure to one that the knees have not developed to sustain for as long as you're making them. And I don't think it's a "double the pressure but half the time so they cancel each other out" sort of situation. Just saying in case you hadn't considered because I wouldn't risk it personally.

^ I talk to myself a lot, also, but I'm (in)sane enough to know not to answer myself.

There is a fine line between looking like a genius talking to yourself and looking like a maniac talking to yourself.

I vocalize one side of the conversation and think the other side. :p Doesn't make me sound less like a maniac though. People would be looking for a bluetooth headset and not finding anything...

I used to have this one customer who would be having conversations with herself while she orders, and I'd say excuse me thinking she was talking to me, and she'd look at me like fuck you I wasn't talking to you, asshole.

My thing is analyzing simple behaviors for improvements in efficacy, weighed by convenience, and making hypercritical yet crude posts on the internet about my discoveries with an air of superiority.

I don't necessarily post it on the internet, but I analyze the strangest things sometimes, and have always been too analytical in general by most people's standards. I'm pretty sure I share my strange observations with my friends via text or MSN though.

I sit with my legs crossed almost lotus-like, but with my feet tucked in my knee-pits to keep them warm.

I have a bath every morning though I'm a grown man. I don't like showers as I don't get to spend a few minutes just laying down soaking in hot water. when I lived without a bathtub for several months, I missed baths intensely.

I like to wear long striped socks of varying colours, even in the summer.

I always found it sad that men's underwear rarely comes in bright colours, and women's underwear doesn't uhhhh fit properly for anatomical reasons. (I may tie die some white boxer briefs some day to get around this)

When ever I am not sitting down or in motion I stand like a flamingo. Meaning i stand on one leg with my other leg bent and my other foot rested on the standing leg. Its very similar to the tree pose in yoga only i just do what ever with my hands. I do this like anytime im washing dishes, or cooking, or if Im at work where i cant just sit around, i take up this stance.

I find myself standing this way from time to time as well, but only if I've been standing for a while and my feet get tired. Whenever I notice myself doing this though I make a conscious effort to stop because I assume it looks really weird and feminine.

I hate having greasy/food soiled hands for more than a short period of time. Halfway through eating a messy finger food, sometimes I'll give my hands a quick rinse then come back to the meal. Meaning hands go right back to being as greasy as they were anyway, and still requiring a rinse at the end.

I get like this sometimes. I don't necessarily get up to go wash them but I can't stand getting really greasy from eating food. Hate getting it on my face too. I'm not bothered by grease in general, it doesn't bother me to be covered in grease and oil from automobiles (I have never worn gloves when working on cars even when i worked as a dismantler at a junkyard), but food grease is a no. Greasy pizza or a sloppy greasy burger I can't eat unless I have 1000 paper towels nearby. And those are the best foods too.

When I am at work (or anywhere that I am not there by choice w/ some form of responsibilities) if I am walking somewhere I tap the backs of my fingernails on vertical surfaces as I walk past them (door jambs, shelves, random walls that jut out) even if I have to reach a little. It's always from the pinky finger up to the pointer finger quickly (the same way you may tap your fingers on a desk when impatient but with the back of my hand so like the top of the fingernails not the tips and my hand down at my side).

I also hit the end button on my cell phone like 5-10 times quickly after I'm done making a phone call, 1 just doesn't end the call good enough.

If I catch myself doing something really stupid I will give myself a 'wtf' look and laugh at my reflection if I see it in a mirror shortly afterwards.

I do too many weird things to list them all

Last edited:
I can't sleep without a fan near me. In fact, I always have a fan on whenever i'm at home.

I use kleenex to dry my ears out after a shower and never use q-tips.

I put a 45 gallon garbage can in the kitchen of my apt so I don't have to take out the trash as often. (smells fine too)

Often when I go on a walk, I make swishy sounds with my saliva in intricate rhythms to the beat of my footsteps.

When I'm in a place I care about keeping clean (friend's houses and such) and I notice the bathroom faucet has a bit of gunk on it, I'll wash it off with my hands while washing my hands.

when i go for a piss i find myself leaning on the edge of my feet. its hard to explain but basically for some reason i use the outer edges of my feet for pissing for some unknown reason. i dont even realise im doing it most of the time

If I'm looking for something, I have to pause my music.
Oh and I don't think in words. It's hard to explain but if I have an idea or whenever I'm thinking of something or want to say something it comes to me in pictures/'concepts' but I'll never be saying whole sentences in my mind. Does anyone else get that?