• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Odd things you think only you do vs. WAIT, YOU TOO?

sitting while i pee. i've tried explaining to people why it's so much better but they just don't get it.

Hah! I stand when I pee (I am female), through an all-purpose funnel. I live in rural alaska, and i'm pretty outdoorsy, so it's usually much easier than squatting like a bitch.

I am organize the dishwasher and how the dirty dishes are arranged in there so that it looks neat.

Ditto for me. My roomies drive me crazy with their haphazard arranging of dirties into the dishwasher (and in fairness I'm sure I do things they go nuts over too).

I have to reset the trip odometer every time I buy gas.

Same for me!! =D

I initially did it to compulsively check my gas mileage but now it is a "must do" after a fill up. And it drives me nuts when I forget to do it or people are waiting to fill and I am rushed to zero it. hehe

I like to keep my television volume at a multiple of 5.

My one roommate demands the volume number be an even one unless it is 15, 25, 35, etc.

That shit is evil.

Why do people use that stuff anyway? I've never used fabric softener.

Quick tip: when traveling, a fabric softener sheet placed in your luggage will keep the odor of dirty clothes from invading your clean/not so dirty ones in said luggage. Granted, I typically run a couple times while at my destinations so my dirties tend to be quite stinky but the fabric sheet has made for a nice odor barrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm walking with friends or whoever and there's more than two of us, I never walk in the middle. Hate it.

Always put a few pieces of toilet roll in the bowl before taking a shit. Prevents back-splash.

Try to avoid eating cereal in other people's houses. I love cereal, but when milk is used from someone else's fridge, I go totally off the idea.

Have to listen to music whilst shaving.

When I'm depressed and bored, I usually resort to watching tv and shout at everyone on televison. Being really abusive and laying into whatever's on; whether it's the Godfather or a laundry detergent ad, it's going to get it in the neck from me.

Piss out my bedroom window when I can't be bothered to leave my room. Happens more than I'd like to admit.

If I'm looking for something, I have to pause my music.

Oh I completely get this. Also, I absolutely must turn off the music in my car if I get stuck in a traffic jam. Bumper to bumper traffic consistently makes my top ten list of least favorite things in life, and rather than good music making it more bearable, I find the rage and frustration tends to spill over into the associations I have with the music that's playing. There are now songs I can't listen to anymore, because they're so tainted by memories of times I listened to them in endless backed up traffic when I really had somewhere to be, on time.

It sometimes takes me 15 minutes to listen to a 4 minute song just because I keep rewinding and listening to the same parts that I love over and over and over and over again. I will also go out of my way or just be late to something if I need to get out of the car before whatever song I'm listening to is over.

If my hands are clean I'll sometimes scrape plaque off my teeth with my fingernails, then judiciously slather it onto the tops of my thumbnails, being sure to keep an even keel in distribution. There it dries to bumpy "plaquester." Later, I shave it off the top of my thumbnails with my other nails. Depending on the moisture and age of the plaque at the time this process may produce little rolls, shingles, sheets, or hard-cemented dust clouds of what amounts to bacteriological shit from my teeth. I imagine the scrapping polishes my thumbnails.

i totally love the ways my balls smell. i'll intentionally scratch them to gather scent then take a whiff. sounds weird as fuck but i dont think im the only one. btw its not even like they smell like anything. its hard to explain their just musty haha.

I lose things. Keys, chapstick, bank card, bra, left slipper, lighter, toothpaste cap, etc.

When I find a thing I'm looking for, I say "Thank You."

I say "thank you" out loud, to God, every time I find what I'm looking for.

I don't know when I started doing that, and I have never thought that much about it until I read the first four pages of this thread.

I do a lot of things in this thread too, and some other odd things I might post later but this one stood out the most lol I do this too and while Im looking for something I always imagine holding the thing im looking for and feeling it trying to make it as vivid as possible. Also, If im looking for a person Ill try to yell there name telepathically i try to "connect" with them and then yell there name inside and try to pull them to me haha...might be coincidence but seems to work more often then not

Hah! I stand when I pee (I am female), through an all-purpose funnel. I live in rural alaska, and i'm pretty outdoorsy, so it's usually much easier than squatting like a bitch.
You go Girl!!!!

I let my snakes sleep in bed with me

I leave the radio on when I leave the house so my dog thinks someone is still there.

If anticipating an explosive torpedo turd, I will layout some toilet paper at the bottom of the toilet bowl as a cushion, eliminating any possibility of powerful backsplash.

Backsplash-free existence > saving paper/ the planet any day.

Anyone? Anyone....?

... oh.

I take baby wipes everywhere I go.

If a bar of soap isn't perfectly white, I wash it.

I never use the same towel twice.

I have quite a poor attention span and sometimes if i'm really comfortable with someone and there talking to me about something. I try my best but sometimes get a bit bored like for example if there talking about there work. So to entertain myself I just start adding my own sound effects to everything they say :D :D :D

I always say 'bye' awkwardly on the phone.

like, I always accidentally say it even when it's unnecessary.

to everybody :|

I secretly eat spices and condiments when none is around.

I can astral project on command using my hands.

I always put a kleenex in my pocket before I leave the house.

When walking up or down stairs, I try to do it without making any noise...
Whenever I enter the house, after being away, as I come in I yell "hi honey, I'm home" even though I live alone

I used to always try and think interesting thoughts just in case someone was reading my mind.