• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

haha! i was just reading last year's thread and thinking how much better the discussion is w/ jefe in the mix.

cravNbeets said:
huntmich~ you really feel confident in michigan's chances with henne behind center? that guy is a fucking choker and michigan's passing game only seems to flourish when the run has already been established. i think it'll be a close game but henne sucks.

Henne had a really terrible season last year, but if the ND game is to be any sort of metric, he has matured tremendously. He recovered from having his first throw intercepted. He went on to throw 3 touchdowns with IMPECCABLE passes to Mario Manningham. They were perfect. And let me remind you that Michigan's running game was hardly stellar at ND, only 120 yards. As I said before, I think the offense is multi-faceted and much stronger than even I had anticipated preseason.

And Michigan's D-Line is going to TEAR Smith up. Look at pretty boy Brady Quinn this past weekend: 3 sacks, 12 times hit. I think its going to be a tough, good game. I just hope Michigan can avoid everyone trying to play spoiler between here and there (wisconsin, MSU, PSU, Minnesota, Iowa).

Huntmich, UM's D-line will not tear TS up. Their is a big difference between OSU's O-line and ND's O-Line. The Buckeyes terrorized Brady Quinn, so did Georgia Tech - it's no big accomplishment. But I'll give credit to Michigan, they looked much speedier and hungrier than they did all of last year. It should be a classic when they meet.

With that being said, GO BUCKS!

i dont think that having troy smith under pressure really works out to an advantage for the wolverines. he can beat you while being flushed from the pocket just as well as he can with adequate protection. as long as he keeps his head, pressure isnt neccessarily a bad thing

But can he keep his head with a bruised rib? I'm not willing to pick a winner yet, its far too early. But I think its going to be a fantastic game.

huntmich said:
I'm not willing to pick a winner yet, its far too early. But I think its going to be a fantastic game.

+1

it's always a great game. so many season the lesser team has been able to play the spoiler. i want the buckeyes to win it all this year, but i'll enjoy this game a lot more if they have a couple losses going into michigan week

Originally Posted by Hypnotik1
USC - Neb.....ummm....what can i say....FUCK USC!!! God i fucking hate them....Several of the ESPN guys when asked ' Who are the Top 5 teams?' they replied 'OSU 1, USC 2, , AU3....ect WTF??!?!?

How the fuck is AU gonna stay the same in the polls, and USC move ahead, after AU beating a #6 team....and USC only beating a #19????!? Granted the AU - LSU game wasnt pretty but im sure most everyone would agree that LSU would blow the fuck out Nebraska.....The LSU - AU rivarly is infamous for offensive sloppiness, defensive superiority and just a few big plays deceiding the outcome......which is always just a few points...

So again....FUCK USC w/ their fucking media bias (Thank God ND is out of the picture for the moment)....Even though the Bush thing doesnt necessarily reflect on the program (and really shouldnt)...I hope the NCAA comes down so fucking hard on them for the whole it....

uhh....haha...Yea i was a lil drunk and still fresh off of that LSU loss to AU on Sat night....(yea im a LSU fan....but usually LSU/AU fans root for the winner in the national title picture)

I know what yall are sayin.....Im just a lil frustrated w/ the medias bias for tradtional programs like ND and USC....and that goes for others as well...

ND is a good team....maybe a Top 10....but most def not a #2....As for USC i dont know...havent seen them really play some quality teams....I just dont think they deserve the ranking over AU....

Hypnotik1 said:
As for USC i dont know...havent seen them really play some quality teams....I just dont think they deserve the ranking over AU....

they're not :)

huntmich said:
Its looking like the UM OSU game is going to determine the national champ contender out of the Big Ten, and if you OSU fans think its going to be a rollover, best think again. Michigan really proved that its offense is truly multi-faceted this weekend. 2 competent running backs and 2 (maybe 1 1/2, considering Breaston) competent WR. And with that D-Line constantly pressuring the QB, there will be no pocket to throw from. Its going to be a good game, I can assure you.

although Ohio State has beaten Michigan and beaten them fairly solidly - the Buckeye would be stupid to think Michigan will just rollover for them. that game is the best rivalry in all of sports (undisputed) and the match-ups often prove my statement.

however, I still like OSU's chances because the game is at the Horseshoe and Jim Tressel is 4-1 against the Wolverines. we just have to be wary of Mario Manningham and we have to beat up Chad Henne like we have done in the previous years. no doubt it will determine the Big Ten champ (although Iowa looks scary) and no doubt it will determine who goes to the BIG DANCE.

OSU got a decent scare today by Penn State. their linebackers are still solid. I hope Joe Paterno is ok? the guy ran across the Buckeye's end zone right before the half. I don't hold as much as respect as anyone in college football as Joe Pa. OSU convincingly ran away with the game the last quarter, something they are making a habit of doing.

GO BUCKS!!

that irish v. mich. state game last night was fucking intense. driving rain, the notre dame team down by three possessions in the second half, and brady quinn steps up HUGE! a lot of good games this weekend, actually.

AxL BLaZe said:
that game is the best rivalry in all of sports (undisputed)
It's definitely going to be a great game!

And Joe Paterno is certainly a great coach. He's a tough guy, and I'm sure he'll be fine.

Here's something for you Michigan fans ;)

"Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius
(Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan (Mr. Delusional Michigan Faaaaaan!)

Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high preseason ranking (clutching at straws!)

Season after season, year after year, you scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Wolverines lose to a grossly inferior opponent (How'd Northwestern score fifty fouuuuuur?)

Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of National Championships won 40 years before you born (those were the daaaaaays!)

You will point out that you have more wins than any other program as though that is relevant to the current season (been playing since the 1870s!)

Go on, ignore that home loss to your arch rivals in the regular season finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat your bowl opponent with striking ease (we'll win by thirteeeeeeey!)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you finish ranked number twenty, you'll be back to number three when the preseason polls come out next year (Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan!)"

hey hypnotik those cocks are given your boys all they want right now ;)

pretty stoked to see how osu does in their first big ten game on the road this season. iowa doesnt impress me in any regard whatsover, but its the big ten you never know.

msu notredame last week was one of the best/worst games i've ever seen. tremendous tank job state! bill buckner thinks you guys choked ;)

^ that was no help to my situation, which is the most important

I can't do it, I don't feel like giving some bloody brit my money, when I know it's a scam.

haven't the time at the moment to see the entire thread, but

GO AUBURN!!!!!

yeah, spare me last night's match...thought it was gonna be a blowout after the SC QB was sacked on the opening drive. they owned us first half but what a play-call from tuberville to chip that kickoff and recover.....came outta nowhere!

if auburn doesn't make the national game this year (presuming they maintain their play) i'm gonna shoot everyone involved in the BCS.

Buckeyes dominate, as is the norm this year. Dre Tate got terrorized by the Silver Bullet D, and Troy Smith looked like a stud! Did anyone hear his postgame show comments. The very first thing he said was "First off I'd like to thank God". What a playa!