• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

hokies are gonna tear it up this year. theyre defense is one of the fastest in college football

smotpoker said:
Oh Well. I think TE is the least important, check that, the easiest position to replace on the offense.

generally running backs are considered the easiest to replace/most interchangeable. there are some top guys who stand out, but in general...

Looks like the SEC will be much stronger this year w/ LSU, FLorida and Auburn leading the pack....

I was reading on www.collegefootballnews.com that they think USC will make it back to the NC this year.....I really dont see that happening w/ 2 NCAA hall of famers departed from last season.....

My beloved Tigers of LSU look like they might be able to pull together a NC year but there's some big questions on the OL and DL....They have a ruthless road schedule also w/ Auburn, FL, Tennesee, and Bama on the road....all of their home games look like a cake walk though

LSU.jpg

SI rates the SEC as the toughest conference, as I believe they will have 5 teams in the top 20. Good call that I would agree with.

To be honest, I think it's anyone's year this year. I think USC has lost too much firepower to win it all, but the fact they play in the weak PAC-10 helps their chances. Texas scares me too, even without Young they will be able to run the ball with ease with their fat O-LIne and Benson running behind them. And that will make it easier for whoever their QB ends up being to throw some saftey passes.
West Virginia could win it all also, but I think they will choke under the spotlight that will be on them.

I will have to go with OSU for two simple reasons: Their offense will be the best in the country, and I'm a a Bucknut.

O-H-I-O and Go Mounties!

I hate to say it. I really do. But if the Hurricanes o-line and recievers show up this season...... we could win a championship.

Flame on. Go Canes.

Did anyone watch the game between Temple and Buffalo? I didn't, but looking at the score it was 9-6 in 2 OT's. It was a game between the two worst division 1-A teams. And looking at the scoore, I bet that will be the only game UB wins all year.

i almost had a heart attack in the first half of the irish game until brady quinn finally punched through for the rushing TD. what a weird game, but i give a lot of credit to georgia tech for running an awesome defense.

notre dame made some adjustments at half time and came back out and took control of the game, but not before taking five years off my life span.

^^ notre dame is damn lucky to be 1-0 right now... credit due to their defensive coaching staff for making some key adjustments @ halftime which kept the GT offense off balance. brady quinn is a straight up fuckin g! im not entirely sold on ND as a whole, but that guy is the real deal.

cant wait for osu ut next weekend!

Wow....USC looks as if....I t hasnt lost all that much after blasting (again) a much improved Arkansas team from last year....

Once again the over-rated Cal team gets put in their place by an underrated Tenn team.....That was great to see....

And yea ND did struggle against an lesser team but GT has always been a big time spoiler team....I thought it was a good thing to happen to ND to bring them back to reality ater all of the off season hype....however the true test will be against Penn St next week.....Then we'll see if they can live up to that #2 ranking

And oh yea....how do yall think the FSU - Miami game will turn out.....

I say Miami 21 - FSU 17

Last edited:
the only reason Notre Dame won that game is because Georgia Tech was out-coached. GT has the better athletes and a superior defense. they were in Quinn's face ALL game.

I love seeing Quinn getting hit like he did :) I hate to be like that but I really despise ND

I think GT got screwed. They were on their way to winning until the refs gave it away to ND when they called that awful call against GT's D for hitting Brady Quinn. He wasn't out of bounds at all, and they gave them the penalty because they said it was a helmet to helmet hit. That is bullshit. They would've never called it on ND if someone would've hit Reggie Ball in the head. ND's presence causes officials to give them the edge when it's in doubt. Oh well, we all saw ND's flaws and after seeing it I would reckon they will lose 3 games this year.

you dont think the tech defense's arm tackling and general fatigue played a larger role than the officiating? if we're nitpicking at the calls i'd say that the first down catch overturned by replay was a bigger blow. it ended tech's one promising drive of the 2nd 1/2

I didn't really see anything on a fatigue level from GT. you are correct in noticing a big difference in their first half defensive play and second half defensive play, but like I said before, I think that has to do more with the half-time adjustments ND made and GT did not. oh well, I don't really care about GT or ND and it's all moot to me.

what I do care about, and I know you care about (cravn) is the OSU VS Texas game! the electricity in the air over here on campus is exciting, and the game isn't even at the horse shoe this year.

any predictions for the big No. 1 VS No. 2 game? I say 28 - 17 OSU.

OHIO STATE!!!!

Whooped ass all over Texas by 17 IN texas!! Suck a dick, longhorns. Talk all that shit now, bitches!

If you don't agree OSU deserves to be #1 in the nation, you belong in a straight jacket.

O-H!!!

And while I'm on a roll, Lee Corso can go suck a long horn, too. Picking TX to win by more than the spread.

Anthony Gonzalez is THE SHIT!! Troy Smith for Heisman!!

1157863714798iq1.jpg

Last edited:
i agree with everything but that hokey pic you posted BA. ;)

It was really swell to see Spurrier get skunked by my beloved bulldawgs, too. :)

its sucks that colt mcCoy had to face the nation's best for his debut. I hope we meet again for the college championship so that he'll have a season under his belt.

Texas shouldn't face that many ranked teams from here on out. and the loser of the 1 vs 2 game has gone on to win the national title the last 3 times it's happened