• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Predictions: ND vs. Michigan. Lets have em!

Michigan's air attack is as of yet non-existant, and ND beat the shit out of Penn State. But Michigan's defensive line is going to put a lot of pressure on Quinn, and ND's defense won't be able to stop Michigan's running game (Hart, Grady).

My prediction:
Michigan: 23
ND: 13

prediction:

Irish = 28
Mich. = 14

The Irish are a solid fucking team, rather than knocking them for week one's struggle why don't we credit a better than advertised Georgia Tech? And how about that thriller in Syracuse? They lost in double OT, but goddamn what a game.

big time win for the bucks last night! i was pleased with every aspect of their performance. troy smith's performance was nearly mistake free and would've looked even better if not for a few dropped balls. d completely sacked up. they bent but didnt break and took advantage of the big time mistakes by texas. anyone wanna tell me why the announcers insisted on ball-washing mccoy. who exactly did he prove himself against to deserve all this hype? excellent game plan by tressel; rotating offensive players in the first half to keep everyone fresh for the second half. the o line was penalized a little more than i'd like to see, but all around everyone looked good.

i'd like to see UM knock the irish off next week but im not sure it's gonna happen.

Man i was pretty drunk when I wrote that last post last night. ;)

Blue Adonis, I couldn't remember the last quarter of the game last night...But what I do remember was a an old fashion schooling by the Buckeyes. OSU dominated on every aspect of the game last night. TS looked like a stud, and little Colt Mccoy found out what the Silver Bullets do regularly.

And with the weakness of the rest of the Big 10, I like their chances of running the table this year. The only Big 10 team I'm even slightly worried about is Michican't. But look for OSU to shred UM's suspect D.

O-H-I-O baby!:) :D ;)

there was one drive, the one where it all started going to shit, when texas RB's were getting gains of 10-12 yards every time. Then the long fumble recovery at 1 yrd line fuckin screwed up the momentum for the entire game

I was pretty impressed by the quick score at the end of the half. ohio flew down that field. i would have predicted a halftime score of 7-7, and then they got a touchdown in like 4 plays. well number 7 is a playmaker :\

and since when has texas not been the underdog? dont forget buckeyes fans, you were supposed to win this one

bowdenta said:
and since when has texas not been the underdog? dont forget buckeyes fans, you were supposed to win this one

Pre game the spread was texas by 2 1/2 points. ;)

bowdenta said:

texas was favored by 2 1/2 werent they>?

My very first post here on bluelight is to say......GO L.S.U Tigers. Baton Rouge is where I am from and I love the partying that goes on at the home games. The Tigers are a great team, but they have a tough road schedule this year. The chicks that jog around the lake in the evening are so hot. The southern humidity makes their shirts stick to their skin......oh wait....back to football...I love the tigers! GO L.S.U........Party on!

texassucksdl0.jpg

I've been avoiding even looking at this thread after I saw OSU ranked #1 preseason.

But after watching the texas game I have to admit that OSU played really well, I rarely get to see them due to regional coverage.

Texas is a joke

USC shocked me, I really thought they'd have a couple rebuilding years, but man they are DEEP. Contender for sure. I'd love to see OSU/USC Big10/Pac10 the only way to determine a champion... *hides*

bowdenta said:
I was pretty impressed by the quick score at the end of the half. ohio flew down that field. i would have predicted a halftime score of 7-7, and then they got a touchdown in like 4 plays. well number 7 is a playmaker :\

man Mack Brown got out-coached that game. Texas undoubtedly had the superior rush offense. they would haul out two 4-5 yard run gains and then go back to their foolish side-to-side passing game. and that one play right at the end of the second half where Troy Smith threw a long ball out to Teddy Ginn, Ginn was against SINGLE COVERAGE. did Coach Brown want to put a KICK ME sign on all the defensive players or something? from what I understand about football the safety to that side should have switched over for coverage help. but he didn't. wow.

some buddies in Austin tell me that there are whispers about Brown saying he can't win the big game, unless he has names like Vince Young in his corner.

Kyle - USC is looking like the official No. 2. I think that they should be ranked ahead of Notre Dame. teams like USC might lose some studs, but they reload pretty well.

since OSU is replacing the Texas game, next year, with USC for two more years - it would be awesome to see a OSU VS USC Nat'l Championship and then have rematches the following two years!

cravNbeets said:
texas was favored by 2 1/2 werent they>?

i know this is going to sound like bullshit, but the lines at the start of the season are designed to get people betting for the rest of the season

considering they are ranked number 1 preseason and every sports analyst predicted an ohio state victory, i dont think there is any doubt who most people thought were going to win

dude thats a pretty whack take.... i was *very* concerned that texas would be able to score on osu at will... and you know what- if they had stuck with running the ball and not turned it over, this game would've gone down to the wire..... a lot of people picked texas to win that game

Anyone stoked about this weekend....I think theres something crazy like 7 or 8 Top 25 match ups

Any predictions?

ND edging Mich
FL over Tenn
Nebraska over USC (maybe im going out on a limb here....USC is damm good...but due to inexperience they're bound to lose at least 1 game this season...)
Texas Tech over TCU

And then there's my beloved Tigers of LSU @ Auburn

Im not trying to be biased her but....I really think LSU has the edge here...especially coming in as the underdog w/ the pressure on AU at home...I dont necessarily think that LSU's running game will really get going (which is one of the key factors for an LSU win)....If anything they will just pound it anyway...just like the Vikings did to the Redskins on Monday night....only getting 1 - 3 yrd gains thru the 3rd Q.....eventually around the 4th they will get some meaningful gains....after tiring out the AU D....but its all meant to take pressure of off Russel who will ultimately be responsible for LSU's fate....If LSU loses...it will be something equivalent of why AU lost last year due to Vaughn's missed FGs

Predictions for this weekend:

Michigan 31 ND 30

Florida 21 Tennessee 13

USC 45 Nebraska 24

TCU 27 Texas Tech 20 (I really don't know anything about these 2 teams except that TCU is infamous for beating teams they shouldn't)

What does everyone think of West Virginia as a possible #2 ranking? I think they might be better than USC, I know they play in the Big LEast but Steve Slaton is a machine at RB. I think tonight we will all get a good idea of if WV is for real, as they play rival Maryland. Even if Maryland isn't exactly top 25 material, I think it's hard to say anything about WVU after their yawners against Marshall and DII Eastern Washington, both of which WV made it look like a video game with video game-like stats.

And Hypnotik I agree USC will lose a game this year but I just don't see it happening against Nebraska, maybe against Oregon...actually now that I think about it Nebraska probably DOES have the best chance of anybody beating them...The Pac 10 IMO is a weaker conference than the Big East, from Top to Bottom anyways.

And The Big East so far has looked pretty damn good. Syracuse took Iowa to OT, Rutgers pounded Illinois, we all know about WV, and Pitt, Louisville and Connecticut are all serious bowl contenders.

The Big 10 I must say is down this year. NW lost to DII New Hampsire, Illinois is lousy, Iowa is overrated, Purdue's defense is easily one of the worst in the country, and Penn State got absolutely embarrased against ND. I think it will come down to OSU vs UM, the way it should be.

smotpoker said:
What does everyone think of West Virginia as a possible #2 ranking? I think they might be better than USC, I know they play in the Big LEast but Steve Slaton is a machine at RB. I think tonight we will all get a good idea of if WV is for real, as they play rival Maryland. Even if Maryland isn't exactly top 25 material, I think it's hard to say anything about WVU after their yawners against Marshall and DII Eastern Washington, both of which WV made it look like a video game with video game-like stats.

wv's corny ass schedule is their worst enemy. i think they're for real but even if they go undefeated they're pretty unlikely to see a ranking that high bc they play nobodies every week.

smotpoker said:
And The Big East so far has looked pretty damn good. Syracuse took Iowa to OT, Rutgers pounded Illinois, we all know about WV, and Pitt, Louisville and Connecticut are all serious bowl contenders.

i'd take the top 4 teams in the pac 10 over the top4 teams in the big east any day

^^^

I dont know about that.....if u take the top 2, USC & Cal vs WV & Louisville (even w/o a healthy Bush).....I think the Big East would take it...hands down...

But w/o USC....Pac 10 doesnt really have much esle going on for them.....especially this year