• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

cant really say for sure unless the bowl schedule plays out that way but i dont think either wv or louisville would stand up against USC... and i'd take oregon and asu over any 2 teams in the big east (save for the obvious top 2)

just my opinion, the big east is a fucking joke

No points given, it's a fair bet to assume Notre Dame will kick Michigan's cock in this weekend, right?

Take away USC, who is left in the Pac 10. Louisville could beat ASU (they struggled against a DII school, so until they get a quality win against a quality opponent, I'd give Louisville the edge over ASU), I think either Rutgers or Pitt could be a good game against Oregon, and the rest of the PAc 10 sucks. Oregon State, Washington, Arizona- they all all pretty shitty.

If the Pac 10 didn't have USC, they would be straight up awful.

Last edited:
cravNbeets said:
just my opinion, the big east is a fucking joke

Im not saying The Big East is anything in the class of the other BCS conf's....Im only insuinating that the PAC 10 w/o USC is not really that much better than the Big East....

Top 4 teams.... Pac 10 i think would take Big East....but Top 2....No....Cal got creamed by a not so hot Tennesse team

BlueAdonis said:
No points given, it's a fair bet to assume Notre Dame will kick Michigan's cock in this weekend, right?

This game will be the true test on ND's legitimacy as a BCS contender

again it's all academic w/o head to head match ups and it's difficult to bolster your opinion with fact this early in the season... i say usc can beat either louisville or wv and i'll take oregon and asu over rutgers and uconn ( i love the fact that uconn is even in this discussion)

smotpoker~ watch oregon lay a beat down on oklahoma this weekend and then let me know what you think.

anyhoo... good weekend of football comin up. im stoked for auburn lsu. two teams with great rushing attacks and great defenses. it's gonna be a bruiser.

notre dame v michigan is gonna be lot closer than people think. thats a historically close game and i feel like nd hasn't really been tested. they have a superior offense and superior coaching, but michigan isnt going to fall to pieces and squander opportunities the way tech and psu did.

ditto on auburn/LSU

also interested in seeing how soundly Florida beats Tenn.

West virginia looked pretty damn good tonight, too.

cravnbeets, with all due respect, oregon might beat oklahoma. I think Oklahoma will win, but Oregon is pretty good. But take away Oregon and USC, the pac 10 is weak.

And yes WVU, or just Steve Slaton rather, is for real. HE is the best RB in the country IMO.

smotpoker said:
And yes WVU, or just Steve Slaton rather, is for real. HE is the best RB in the country IMO.

Michael Bush of Louisville (if still healthy) would give him a run for his money....Would have been a great RB matchup...I hate injuries :p :p

yeah bush was probably better than slaton i think. injuries are a bitch. that will probably be the reason WV goes undefeated and louisville doesn't. That and the fact that Louisville plays Miami tomorrow.

Oregon 34, Oklahoma 33.

Bad calls, blocked field goals, great plays.

I love college football.

Notre Dame sucks! Knock em' out the block Rick!

smotpoker said:
Predictions for this weekend:

Michigan 31 ND 30

Florida 21 Tennessee 13

USC 45 Nebraska 24

TCU 27 Texas Tech 20 (I really don't know anything about these 2 teams except that TCU is infamous for beating teams they shouldn't)

Good calls there man....I was way off.....

LSU - AU game was some good ole smash mouth football.....IMO a macth up b/w 2 of the Top 3 teams in the nation....

Remember John Vaughn's 5 missed FG's last year? Well LSU 5 trips into AU territory = only 3 points....:\

That Oregon - Ok game was a shoker....OU got screwed on some calls....especially that onside kick at the end...

Clemson - FSU....I love watching Tommy beat out Daddy...

FL- Tenn....Great game....Leak desrves all the credit for that one...

Mich - ND.....Im glad fuckin ND finally is proved its 'overrated' status...

USC - Neb.....ummm....what can i say....FUCK USC!!! God i fucking hate them....Several of the ESPN guys when asked ' Who are the Top 5 teams?' they replied 'OSU 1, USC 2, , AU3....ect WTF??!?!?

How the fuck is AU gonna stay the same in the polls, and USC move ahead, after AU beating a #6 team....and USC only beating a #19????!? Granted the AU - LSU game wasnt pretty but im sure most everyone would agree that LSU would blow the fuck out Nebraska.....The LSU - AU rivarly is infamous for offensive sloppiness, defensive superiority and just a few big plays deceiding the outcome......which is always just a few points...

So again....FUCK USC w/ their fucking media bias (Thank God ND is out of the picture for the moment)....Even though the Bush thing doesnt necessarily reflect on the program (and really shouldnt)...I hope the NCAA comes down so fucking hard on them for the whole it....

agh i'm disappointed. notre dame isn't likely to remain in the national title picture anymore barring some sort of miraculous turn around/failure on the part of other teams. ah well, its still early in weiss's remake of the program.

big props to a strong michigan squad, though.

I took a beating in this week's work football pool. I figured ND vs. MI would be a close game, but like 25 out of 30 people in the pool I picked ND to win. :( And who would have thought Louisville would have handled Miami the way they did! Michigan really looked good, that, or Notre Dame is incredibly over-rated as many have said.

Ohio State continues to steam roll their way to the national championship, that's all that matters here, isn't it? ;)

Yesterday's UM v ND game was sick! Michigan spanked ND hard. It wasn't that ND isn't a good team, it was just that Michigan outplayed them hardcore. They lost some momentum in the second half, but they were obviously out to embarras ND at home.

Hypnotik1 said:
USC - Neb.....ummm....what can i say....FUCK USC!!! God i fucking hate them....Several of the ESPN guys when asked ' Who are the Top 5 teams?' they replied 'OSU 1, USC 2, , AU3....ect WTF??!?!?

How the fuck is AU gonna stay the same in the polls, and USC move ahead, after AU beating a #6 team....and USC only beating a #19????!? Granted the AU - LSU game wasnt pretty but im sure most everyone would agree that LSU would blow the fuck out Nebraska.....The LSU - AU rivarly is infamous for offensive sloppiness, defensive superiority and just a few big plays deceiding the outcome......which is always just a few points...

So again....FUCK USC w/ their fucking media bias (Thank God ND is out of the picture for the moment)....Even though the Bush thing doesnt necessarily reflect on the program (and really shouldnt)...I hope the NCAA comes down so fucking hard on them for the whole it....

I'm glad after like 4 years of these threads we've all grown up so much.

Give it a break, if you want to hate anything regarding media bias, get your aim on the right target... the MEDIA!

If OSU and USC win in commanding fashion that's your #1 #2 this year.

But since I haven't been to a game with Pete Carroll as coach, and I'm going to Wash & ASU, they'll most likely lose one or both of those, just for me. Thank god for stubhub and ebay, cuz holy crap there's some expensive tix out there.

And what good would it be for an SEC team to win a nat'l championship? You are 100x better by far than any other conference, so shouldn't SEC fans just enjoy the SEC championship game and ignore the rest of the country and their subpar overrated #1vs#2 BCS championship game?

;)

Its looking like the UM OSU game is going to determine the national champ contender out of the Big Ten, and if you OSU fans think its going to be a rollover, best think again. Michigan really proved that its offense is truly multi-faceted this weekend. 2 competent running backs and 2 (maybe 1 1/2, considering Breaston) competent WR. And with that D-Line constantly pressuring the QB, there will be no pocket to throw from. Its going to be a good game, I can assure you.

Hypnotik1 ~ relax bruv. as long as auburn handles their business in the regular season they'll have a shot at the title. unfortunately they play in the undisputed toughest conference in the country so that's unlikely to happen. however, they're only ranked # 3 in the usa today poll; they're # 2 in the ap and espn polls. auburn gets a lot of love nationally but you're not gonna turn heads with a final score that so closely resembles that of a water polo match;)

i ate shit on a lotta my calls. i love seeing the big ten take off a top dog even if it is michigan. keep a close eye on their game this week. not uncommon for a big win hangover to allow a lesser opponent to sneak one past a better team.

osu's offensive line needs to get it the fuck together. way too many penalties last week and way too much pressure on smith. i like that they poured it on at the end but that game was close for almost 3 quarters.

Last edited:
huntmich~ you really feel confident in michigan's chances with henne behind center? that guy is a fucking choker and michigan's passing game only seems to flourish when the run has already been established. i think it'll be a close game but henne sucks.

Kyle said:
And what good would it be for an SEC team to win a nat'l championship? You are 100x better by far than any other conference, so shouldn't SEC fans just enjoy the SEC championship game and ignore the rest of the country and their subpar overrated #1vs#2 BCS championship game?

;)

:D

Go Bruins.