• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My brain can't handle psychedelics!

So happy to hear that you have worked through your problems and are now able to freely voyage into inner space :)
Keep up the good work, take it slow and good things will come!

Try less shrooms and weed next time. DXM is a whole different kind of drug... you can't really compare it to mushrooms or weed.

2g is a strong dose IMO, I'd try maybe 1.5 and see how that does for you. A light psychedelic experience is not a bad thing. With weed, smoke sparingly, small hits and spread out over time so you don't get too high. Many people underestimate cannabis, I'm not sure why...

I think you'll find that LicktheShade is well aware you were responding to the OP.

I agree with LicktheShade - you need to read the whole thread before weighing in with "psychedelics obviously aren't for you". Flickering has been on a bit of a journey here and other BL'ers have helped a little bit here and there.

Imagine what BL would be like if everyone just said - "nah, not for you, leave it" without bothering to look at what the deeper meaning of something might be.

Regardless, good luck on your journey my friend. Hopefully if you need any help, of any sort at, any point, it will be forthcoming in whichever way the universe might present it :)

Peace

yeah but the thing is, I just read the origional post (because I was in a rush and couldn't be fucked reading 4 pages) and with what was posted, it sounded exactly like he/she got anxiety and it came out with different psychedelics...

btw @ OP, smokin buds DOESN'T help when taking psychedelic drugs...

Grats on your successful trip :)
As far as the visuals go, I've found that it's all up to me. I once spent a night disappointed about the lack of visuals, sometime shortly after that I was staring at a static picture on a monitor and noticed that it looked stranger and stranger as my eyes unfocused, a few seconds later and the picture of a mountain was a three dimensional mess of thin black lines about three foot in front of the monitor... Ever since then I've never had a problem with a lack of visuals.

seems like you enjoyed your trip, are you still feeling the urge to dive in deeper? id recommend taking two hits next time or a full eighth of mushrooms. now that youre a little more aware of the action that these substances take in your mind, you will be more prepared for it. letting go and not taking things so seriously is the key for me. ive tripped about fifty times or so with only a section of one trip that i consider went awry.

do what your heart tells you to do, whether thats seek more acid or to stop doing it entirely. id certainly recommend MDMA/MDA to you. the come up often times can be rocky, not unlike a typical psychedelic but right when youre about to lose your cookies the drug kicks in and overwhelming euphoria and love take over. this is an experience that hardly anyone has the urge to fight.

tripping is like dancing, the more you worry about what people think, how bad at it you are, etc the less fun youll have. if you just jump into it and groove out im sure youll have a great time.

i recommend LSD/mushrooms first, then a bit of MDMA/MDA once you get a good experience or two in...the possibilities really are endless! 2C-B is a favorite of mine, very gentle IMO, but i dont think you should be seeking out gentle substances, you should seek the ones that teach you they dont NEED to be gentle, its all in the attitude you approach it with. also you should be aware that nothing you are describing sounds psychotic at all, all very normal you are just having more of a defense mechanism response to it, but im glad youre starting to groove on it more!

seems like you enjoyed your trip, are you still feeling the urge to dive in deeper? id recommend taking two hits next time or a full eighth of mushrooms.

Come on, man. The OP is actually exhibiting a reasonable level of caution and respect for psychedelics. Don't undermine that by telling him to take four TIMES his previous dose of acid, and nearly DOUBLE the amount of fungus that gave the poor guy a psychotic break! 8(

You have got to take these things slooowly. Maybe that's why most people just give up on psychedelics before discovering their true depth and power. They take more than they can handle because their unwitting buddy told them to, have a bad trip, and swear off the stuff for life.

DXM is a whole different kind of drug... you can't really compare it to mushrooms or weed.

I absolutely agree. I reckon a DXM veteran could try a psychedelic for the first time (DXM is usually considered a dissociative, and for me at least it has no psychedelic effects) and get completely blind-sided.

GreenMachine said:
seems like you enjoyed your trip, are you still feeling the urge to dive in deeper? id recommend taking two hits next time or a full eighth of mushrooms. now that youre a little more aware of the action that these substances take in your mind, you will be more prepared for it. letting go and not taking things so seriously is the key for me.

I am, but like AppleCore said, I'm not going to quadruple my dose, especially after three consecutive bad experiences. The mushrooms in particular traumatised me for a week and I'm not about to leap into an experience several times more powerful than the most horrible thing I can remember that I've ever experienced. One of the things I gained insight into while on LSD, which served as a wonderfully clear-headed mental stimulant, was that I do indeed need to take things slow and careful. I'm only going up to one tab in a few days because one tab is often where people start, and I now have some base experience so I sort of know what to expect. I definitely wouldn't do more than a tab yet.

Someday, but not yet. :)

what kind of DXM? Hbr or Polistriex?? and you are explaining hallucinations- of dissotiative states of mind, but not visual. iv had many times where iv had tactile, auditory and visual hallucinations, i tripped alot on this drug, you do not get every sensation you expect every time due to metabolic rate and or food eatin, try eating jelly and then trip it lowers threshold cuz jelly and DXM metabolize the same way. odd aint it but very true!

I'll be sure to try that if I ever take DXM again. It was Hbr. It's true that I've had what you might call tactile hallucinations, especially on weed and mushrooms. Very difficult to describe, though. It's as though my body and emotions merged, and I experienced everything not in physical location but as a zero-dimensional, well, experience. I wonder what will happen on Saturday with the full tab of acid.

Flickering, I'm pleased to hear that you're still treading with caution- it could be easy for you to think 'oh that experience was fine, lets go in the deep end'. And i'm sure on Saturday you'll have a great time too, be sure to let us know how that goes too!

Also, in my opinion DXM is fucking lovely, but I hear tons of people hate it. Ketamine might be a good drug to try, in small amounts, but if you're not from the UK I hear its more difficult to get a hold of

So guess what, I took the full tab of acid, and then I followed it with some weed, even after what happened last time on weed.

I did it deliberately to invoke the flashback experience I had on weed. It worked. Following advice from here, I simply rode it out, reminding myself that it was only a trip and nothing was going to happen to me. And it was great. There's more to say, but I'm going to write a full trip report and put a link here - needless to say it was exactly the experience I needed.

It started off with the usual euphoria and then suddenly became unsteady - I think I wavered on the edge of yet another bad trip, but I pulled myself together. From then on, I actually did get decent visuals, I had a lot of fun, I had a profound experience of peace and contentment that lasted hours, and I made the gutsy call of smoking a joint, just after the peak, for reasons I'll explain. The crux of it is that you guys were right yet again: there truly is a lot to be learnt even from bad trips, and I hadn't finished learning the lesson from the mushrooms. I now feel that I finally 'get' psychedelics at their basic level, and it was amazing.

One last thing though is that the trip kept right on going past the twelve hour mark. Possibly it was the weed, but looking back on the half-tab trip, I actually think it's just my brain's reaction to acid. Because that time I was working the next day and I was still tripping mildly, unfortunately. This time, when I felt the trip had outstayed its welcome and I needed to get some sleep, I knocked it out with some valium. An unfortunate thing to do, yet I woke up next morning with no hangover, and a beautiful afterglow from the whole experience which it's sad to say only lasted so long - though it's still sort of there.

I'm going to give acid a break for quite a while, it's time to move on to san pedro, in a few weeks after I've fully assimilated this experience. And I was thinking maybe after three or four san pedro trips (see how it all pans out) I might start exploring DMT and ayahuasca. Heavy stuff - so what do you guys think?

To LicktheShade - DXM is lovely in its weird way, and I can understand both loving and hating it, but ultimately I just don't feel it serves my purposes. Ketamine, though, I'm interested in trying some day.

nice report, glad you finally got to experience the wonder of psychedelics. For once with drugs, determination pays off lol. The more happy/fun experiences you have the easier it will be to control your trips in the future. It seems that you still have a bit of fear of losing control like you did on mushrooms, I get that feeling on really high doses, the key as you mention is just to push through it. If you enjoyed LSD, DMT is going to blow your mind when you get to try it :D

When I trip I usually don't get back to baseline until after i sleep, if your acid was lasting longer than 12 hours you probably were experiencing the afterglow. For me usually around the 8-9 hour mark i start to come down and get sad lol. Smoking cannabis will usually kick it back in for a little while, even the day after it can feel stronger than usual. Your description of your LSD visuals makes me crave the experience, it's been a while since I had LSD.

San pedro tastes disgusting but mescaline is a very nice psychedelic, if you can pull off the a/b extraction you won't have to eat that disgusting cactus. If it's too much work/don't have space to perform one, then making a cactus tea is very effective. It takes a long time, but it is far easier to ingest. If you have san pedro cactus powder, you can put a few drops of water on a little pile and roll it into dough and swallow them like pills or just cap them up. You mention somewhere that your san pedro was inactive? what was your dose? I usually need to eat at least 20 grams, and that is a LOT of gross cactus.

Good luck with your future experiences.

It sounds to me that you are succumbing to panic attacks which arise in part probably from the set, setting, yourpreviopus experiences, and your expectarions of what is to come. Its true that tripping is not fun and games, it will let you on on parts of yourself you'd never imagined were there, and that in combination with the strange sensations will make you very uncomfortable. The "trick" is to ty to accept those things about youjrself and those feelings foor what they are (easier said than done but practice helps). Also, remember that u r tripping, and don't fight the experience even if unpleasant, that only males it worse. Don't be afraid to relinquish control of your ego and give in. To the experience! Peace

nice report, glad you finally got to experience the wonder of psychedelics. For once with drugs, determination pays off lol. The more happy/fun experiences you have the easier it will be to control your trips in the future. It seems that you still have a bit of fear of losing control like you did on mushrooms, I get that feeling on really high doses, the key as you mention is just to push through it.

There is still some trepidition for sure, simply because those bad experiences are so damn bad, and I know that every time I'm putting something into my body, I'm going into unknown territory and risking it again. But I'm certainly much less worried about it now, after those two brilliant acid trips. It's two days later and I still have this lovely warm glow like I've learnt to appreciate life a bit more, permanently. :)

When I trip I usually don't get back to baseline until after i sleep, if your acid was lasting longer than 12 hours you probably were experiencing the afterglow. For me usually around the 8-9 hour mark i start to come down and get sad lol. Smoking cannabis will usually kick it back in for a little while, even the day after it can feel stronger than usual. Your description of your LSD visuals makes me crave the experience, it's been a while since I had LSD.

I've heard that about sleeping. I was still tripping 14 hours in though. "This sleeping bag feels so warm and glowy... my thoughts are so relaxed... everything is great... ooh, pretty visuals..." I downed two caps of valium because I needed the sleep (I'd accumulated about eight hours' sleep over the past three days) and woke up feeling great. But even the next day, there was some subtle alteration of consciousness lingering. Kind of halfway between hangover and afterglow. It's gone now and I'm just in a sober good mood.

San pedro tastes disgusting but mescaline is a very nice psychedelic, if you can pull off the a/b extraction you won't have to eat that disgusting cactus. If it's too much work/don't have space to perform one, then making a cactus tea is very effective. It takes a long time, but it is far easier to ingest. If you have san pedro cactus powder, you can put a few drops of water on a little pile and roll it into dough and swallow them like pills or just cap them up. You mention somewhere that your san pedro was inactive? what was your dose? I usually need to eat at least 20 grams, and that is a LOT of gross cactus.

First I ate a 10x3 inch fresh cutting, which would be about 250g, I guess? No effect. It also didn't taste bad, just plain. So my roommate dried a branch about twice as long, dumped it all in a blender and chugged the entire thing. No effect. We were both very disappointed.

I can handle the bad taste, I've taken DXM and honestly, nothing could be worse than hundreds of mls of cough syrup. The only problem with san pedro is its ultra-bitter, ultra-sour taste combined with the sheer quantity. I don't want to put it in gel caps, as this increases the nausea, and I don't trust my knowledge of chemistry (zero) to safely perform an extraction. So I'm just going to boil it into tea. In my philosophy, somewhat similar to Shulgin's, the bad taste and difficult ingestion, and even nausea, is part of the experience. It's the tribulation and price you pay for the experience. Ooo spiritual!

It sounds to me that you are succumbing to panic attacks which arise in part probably from the set, setting, yourpreviopus experiences, and your expectarions of what is to come. Its true that tripping is not fun and games, it will let you on on parts of yourself you'd never imagined were there, and that in combination with the strange sensations will make you very uncomfortable. The "trick" is to ty to accept those things about youjrself and those feelings foor what they are (easier said than done but practice helps). Also, remember that u r tripping, and don't fight the experience even if unpleasant, that only males it worse. Don't be afraid to relinquish control of your ego and give in. To the experience! Peace

Hey man, your inbox is full too! Here's my reply to your last message.

Flickering said:
Awesome, I'm relieved to hear it! [That san pedro cuttings last a long time in the dark without rotting.] Thanks.

I also wonder - acid made me very expressive, and I think it would have been a shame to be out there in the bush, on my own, with no way to record the experience. So I'm glad I was with friends. Would you say the same might be true for san pedro? I'm planning on going alone; perhaps I should take a video camera, or at least a voice recorder?

I can handle the bad taste, I've taken DXM and honestly, nothing could be worse than hundreds of mls of cough syrup. The only problem with san pedro is its ultra-bitter, ultra-sour taste combined with the sheer quantity. I don't want to put it in gel caps, as this increases the nausea, and I don't trust my knowledge of chemistry (zero) to safely perform an extraction. So I'm just going to boil it into tea. In my philosophy, somewhat similar to Shulgin's, the bad taste and difficult ingestion, and even nausea, is part of the experience. It's the tribulation and price you pay for the experience. Ooo spiritual!

I dunno, i've chugged lots of cough medicine in my time and it tastes wonderful compared to san pedro lol. I was using powdered san pedro flesh and it was insanely bitter. The tea was the most effective method for me, as your body doesn't have to deal with all that sludge. And you can boil it down to a glass or two and chug that, i still say it is worse than cough syrup though. Even CWE codeine tastes great in comparison. I've also had my fair share of kratom tea and I'd rather drink that than cactus sludge. Tea is the way to go however. I'm not sure where I even got the san pedro powder but it wasn't too expensive and worked great for making tea. I prefer RC's nowadays though, taking 20mg of a bitter powder is far more pleasant than gulping down anything gross. There is something to the whole bad taste/nausea being the price of the experience but after using lots of 4-aco-dmt I can say that there is no price for a great experience in certain cases :D

^ Would you believe it -- by the time I'd taken my 15th dose of LSD (this has been verified by my official records), I had gone from getting terrible hangovers and post-LSD depression, to being able to come down with absolutely no negative effect, and even a slight mood lift and mental stimulation!

I would never have believed it back in the days of my early trials with LSD, but you can learn to work with the substance in a more and more healthy and beneficial way, until the chemical starts to fit your mind like a key in a perfect lock!

Acid has never made me hungover. In fact, I feel good for pretty much the entire week following acid ingestion.