• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My brain can't handle psychedelics!

I'd believe it, sure. After the half tab, I couldn't sleep, and I had an awful hangover the next day (or was I still tripping? It's hard to tell). I was dissociated and having trouble with conversation; people kept looking at me weirdly, especially customers at work. Everything felt bland, music sounded static, it was exactly like being depressed again. I knew it would pass, though, and next day I woke feeling completely fine.

This time, I had a beautiful afterglow as we left the campsite, but it faded to dysphoria as we entered civilization. I think I was just hyper-sensitive to the unhealthy ambience of it all. I remained dissociated and a bit disoriented until the next night. Afterglow or hangover, hard to say. I suspect your environment strongly influences which way it goes.

This time, I had a beautiful afterglow as we left the campsite, but it faded to dysphoria as we entered civilization. I think I was just hyper-sensitive to the unhealthy ambience of it all. I remained dissociated and a bit disoriented until the next night. Afterglow or hangover, hard to say. I suspect your environment strongly influences which way it goes.

"Vibes".

I never really understood what "vibes" were until I took acid for the first time. Every environment has it's own "energy" or aesthetic that resonates with people on an emotional level, but most of the time it's so subtle that we never really notice it. Acid takes those subtle emotional cues and brings them the forefront of whatever space you're currently occupying. Something as little as turning on another light in an already well-lit room is enough to make those emotions shift. So certainly moving from a natural to urbanized environment would arouse some strange feelings. It can be annoying at times to all-of-a-sudden change moods just be moving from one room to the next, but I think its one of the most interesting aspects of an acid trip.

Hey man, your inbox is full too! Here's my reply to your last message.

Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get your message earlier! For me the cactus is very introspective (whereas on mushrooms I have preferred some company). But I have enjoyed San Pedro together with my husband too. The one time I managed to get some acid, it was weak and I didn't really trip :\ but I liked being around people very much on low dose acid. But out of all my psychedelic experience, for me the cactus has been most introspective and yet gentle (although physically not very gentle sometimes).

Have you used the cactus yet?? I;m eager to hear some trip reports on the classic psychedelics. I hope one day to be able to really try LSD too. Anyhow, no tripping for me till break from (grad)school in December... My cacti are growing nicely though... Peace

Yeah I've tried it, it's now my favourite of all substances. It makes LSD seems superficial by comparison. (Though of course the better way to see it is that san pedro gives me a profound experience, LSD gives me a creative euphoric one.) I took a test threshold dose, then a full dose a few days later... one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the fortune to experience. I agree it's very gentle. It's makes me completely understanding and tolerant of my own flaws and shortcomings, so I can see them objectively and decide rationally what I should do about them. Whereas LSD is more like, "Flaws? Are you kidding me? Look at how incredible I am! And how incredible you are! Flaws? Pfft."

I never really understood what "vibes" were until I took acid for the first time. Every environment has it's own "energy" or aesthetic that resonates with people on an emotional level, but most of the time it's so subtle that we never really notice it. Acid takes those subtle emotional cues and brings them the forefront of whatever space you're currently occupying. Something as little as turning on another light in an already well-lit room is enough to make those emotions shift. So certainly moving from a natural to urbanized environment would arouse some strange feelings. It can be annoying at times to all-of-a-sudden change moods just be moving from one room to the next, but I think its one of the most interesting aspects of an acid trip.

I also think there's a lot of information and way too much happening in urban areas. Out in the bush, it's peaceful and you don't have to worry about social protocol, getting hit by a car or mugged, etc. But I think the aesthetic in and of itself does, as you suggest, influence things. I'm sensitive to fluorescent lights. I try to ignore it, but I hate the fucking things. Post-acid, it's as though they've sterilized my brain. I also went to a shopping centre the day after san pedro - everything was overwhelming and I just wanted to get the hell out.

I also went to a shopping centre the day after san pedro - everything was overwhelming and I just wanted to get the hell out.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think this is just the natural human reaction to commercial bullshit but we are all desensitized

I think I see what you mean about creative euphoria and liking everything on lsd. On low dose lsd I used some art supplies I had and was perfectly content coloring and blowing bubbles.These supplies were bought for the acid trip and although I wasn't really tripping I felt a light shodow of (extreme contentment?), a very clear-headed, un-trip-like fascination with ordinary objects... I guess I just broke threshold.

Glad you enjoyed the cactus, it's really one of nature's gifts so to speak...