• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My brain can't handle psychedelics!

^ no idea, strange that you can find 2c-b though, I wouldn't think there'd be much of a market for it. Just wanted to tell you that i've used the iboga alkaloids to trip before (pure ibogaine is rather pricey) and the trip was insane, like a waking lucid dream. Not sure I'd ever do it again (kind of scared me) but for psychonauts, it's a must try.

I got lucky. I even got access to salvia, which is rare over here, but I'd be crazy to try it.

Absolutely, ibogaine sounds like a must try for psychoanuts, and if I can trip at all, it's my holy grail. Both impossible to find, and a very physically and mentally intense trip.

flickering said:
How did I fight it? I simply kept second-guessing myself. Every time I followed a crazy train of thought, I'd give myself a mental slap and say, "You are not 'a dream'. You are not 'the night sky'. You are _____ and you're a human and you took a drug." Then the rest of my addled mind would reply "Are you sure? Because it really seems like I'm blkeijihthkahetc." And it was like falling asleep; every time I thought about my new marijuana reality, I'd slip back into it, and then I'd pull myself back out.

The bold is how you were fighting it, you just described fighting it. You need realize that there is nothing going wrong, and embrace the confusion and minor delusions. That's a sizeable part of the psychedelic experience.

I'm not sure you're ready to delve into the deeper psychedelics, so for now if you must trip I'd stick to PEAs, the mild ones like 2c-c , 2c-d, and maybe 2c-b would be good choices for getting your feet wet without too much risk. Mescaline may also be auspicious, given its reputation for gentleness and enjoyability. I'd advise against using tryptamines for now, since they tend to have a greater confusion factor and you are unable to handle that at this point in time (nothing wrong with that, I myself have to be pretty careful around them).

adder said:

Your journal of arylcyclohexylamine testing is the only place I've ever heard of this being used (er, I think that was yours, wasn't it?). I'm pretty sure that such things are unattainable for laypersons, unless it's found its way to the market without my hearing about it.

I'm not sure you're ready to delve into the deeper psychedelics, so for now if you must trip I'd stick to PEAs, the mild ones like 2c-c , 2c-d, and maybe 2c-b would be good choices for getting your feet wet without too much risk. Mescaline may also be auspicious, given its reputation for gentleness and enjoyability. I'd advise against using tryptamines for now, since they tend to have a greater confusion factor and you are unable to handle that at this point in time (nothing wrong with that, I myself have to be pretty careful around them).

I'm going to try out a half tab of acid, candy flipping if I'm still okay five or six hours in. I really hope I have a normal reaction to it. If I don't, I figure the dose of the (fairly potent) blotters won't be enough to completely drive me over the edge. However after that, I'm following your advice and sticking to phenethylamines; I just really want to know now, and acid is closest at hand.

triplies said:
Never tried dxm at a lower dose, I'm not very into dissasociatives, and only consumed the one bottle of robotussin forte because of curiosity

If you ever do, let me know how it goes.

I am well past my exploring stage and am thinking of waiting until I'm a little older and wiser, and have cleared some of the issues in my head before delving into mind exploration. Please do keep me updated on your findings.

That's wise. And I will, as of next week.

I'm going to try out a half tab of acid, candy flipping if I'm still okay five or six hours in. I really hope I have a normal reaction to it. If I don't, I figure the dose of the (fairly potent) blotters won't be enough to completely drive me over the edge. However after that, I'm following your advice and sticking to phenethylamines; I just really want to know now, and acid is closest at hand.

Go into it without expectation. It could go like you want, or not ... 50/50 Chance. If you expect one or another, you eventually get disappointed. Or maybe you go like "What? I wanted something other than this, what is happening to me, what should i do"
Without expectation its more like :"hmmm lets see what happens...." Then you don't have the time to think, that something other could have happened, because each moment fits perfectly -> Flowing tripping ;)

You should get a PM from me soon, if I find enough time :)

Last edited:
Swallowed half a tab eight minutes ago. No idea what to expect. If you guys never hear from me again, I went insane and am in a mental ward. And I'll be the first person to ever lose my mind on half a tab. Okay... disabling internet access... I don't want to leave tripped-out status updates on Facebook for my family to see...

Fingers crossed.

I wonder how its going. Just felt like saying I've had these sorts of feelings on psys, I had loads of really good trips and one time I smoked weed on 4-ho-mipt and thought I was going crazy, it took me a few months to realise it was just anxiety. Horrible, horrible. But about a year later I realise that you really have to just go with the feelings, literally just let them happen without reacting to them. Then they pass like no big deal

So I figured if I was sane enough to turn the internet back on, why not post a status update, haha. I know there's a rule about this, and I'm sorry, but it really was a small amount of acid and I feel like I'm fine and coherent enough.

I can't thank you guys enough for talking me back into this. I also have my own obsession to thank for letting me be talked into this. Basically, I'm not even hallucinating but I'm sorting through a lot of crap in my mind, I've written about twelve pages in the last two hours and I've answered all my questions about why the last three trips went so badly. Okay that's all I wanted to say... peace out... :D You guys are the best, if I ever publish these trip notes you'll see what I mean. ;)

So I figured if I was sane enough to turn the internet back on, why not post a status update, haha. I know there's a rule about this, and I'm sorry, but it really was a small amount of acid and I feel like I'm fine and coherent enough.

I can't thank you guys enough for talking me back into this. I also have my own obsession to thank for letting me be talked into this. Basically, I'm not even hallucinating but I'm sorting through a lot of crap in my mind, I've written about twelve pages in the last two hours and I've answered all my questions about why the last three trips went so badly. Okay that's all I wanted to say... peace out... :D You guys are the best, if I ever publish these trip notes you'll see what I mean. ;)

Pleased to hear that :)

Enjoy......

Does anyone else Agree with me, that A Psychedelic Trip,
and a workour session (or weight lifting) BOTH require the right frame of mind to be Succesful/Positive/Effective

?
Its all about the Mindset with Both, it really is.

So, I'm on the tail end, and I can't sleep, thought I'd finish off that update.

I only ever got very mild 'visuals' which might have been my imagination, and I was able to see patterns in things, alike shrooms only not as powerful (half a tab is obviously not nearly as intense as two grams). The real experience, per se, was in the consciousness-expansion and the sheer euphoria. Which is what you all told me and I told myself, but I think this helped drive that message home. This isn't about pretty colours or music euphoria. (The music was pretty good, but nothing beats shrooms in that field.) It's about warping your consciousness until you find an answer. And that's what I did. First with a little LSD-assisted imagination, I figured out what everyone here was telling me was entirely correct, and I have no neurological condition that fucks up my trips. They really were as bad as they were because my mind made them that way. Nothing more to it. A little elaboration...

DXM, I simply wasn't ready for the third plateau. It's a messy drug, it makes you feel like you're broken, and it was such a confusing and ego-dissolving experience and I wasn't ready, end of story.

Shrooms, I had a mild blackout, and I freaked out in reaction. I dismissed my trip sitter. If he'd stayed, I would have been fine. People told me shrooms are intense for first timers and I didn't listen. They have a very particular and strange character. And the reason I stopped hallucinating? I don't think my mind is particularly visual. That simple. The real hallucinations were in the awful, full-body-contorting synaesthesia I felt. I'm psychologically sensitive to this substance and next time winter rolls around, I'll be starting with one gram.

From my notes:

Those bad trips? Those were just the thought that’s me, having thoughts about the thoughts that are me, and getting REALLY confused by them, because it is confusing.

The bad weed trip? Yeah, simple: don’t do weed. You never wanted to anyway.

I have a theory that the weed actually triggered a mushroom flashback. The physical and mental effects were very similar, just less intense. Perhaps if I try it again, I'll react normally. But I'm not inclined to risk it. It really wasn't a pleasant experience and I don't feel pot is worthwhile.

And there you have it... you were all spot on... I made it through my three consecutive bad trips and I have a new appreciation for this psychonautics thing. About which I wrote,

Now, a word on psychonautics. This is a seriously cool discipline. This is a field where you don’t have any ‘masters’ or a strict code to follow. This is a realm where you’re not gonna get sneered at or spat at for not listening, or not learning the lesson. And isn’t that the real nature of enlightenment (or a portion of it) when the student can go “Yeah you guys were RIGHT, I GET it now!” and the OTHER STUDENTS can go “YEAH, rock on!” Aaaww, bliss.

I now better respect what substances can do to you if you're not ready. I thought I could handle it, but I need to start safer. Those who recommended phenethylamines, I think you're right, from what I hear, you're clear-minded through those trips and aren't as likely to get confused.

I spent the rest of the trip reflecting on what I needed to do to fix my life. I wrote out four easy steps and I know I'll be able to follow them. I'm amazed half a tab of LSD could go this far... it was definitely a very light experience, lighter than 2nd plateau DXM for sure, yet far more brilliant than that ugly shit. And just as importantly, it proves to me that my brain can cope with psychedelic drugs; I don't have some disorder. So the depression of the last week has swung back and I'm very, very happy right now.

(Hey triplies, sorry but you must have incoming PMs disabled, possibly because you're still a greenlighter? Anyway I messaged back, but most of it's in this update anyway.)

Finally, let me elaborate on what I said before, about how very awesome you all are.

The guys at Bluelight were right. Yeah you guys. You’re fucking legends. Holy like HOLY shit. THANK you. Thank you for convincing me to not screw up my life. Because that’s what I would’ve done if you guys hadn’t totally kicked my ass into shape with what you said on the forums.

Last edited:
I take methamphetamine 6 days a week, i'm on SSRI's, i drink heavily

Hmmm.... you connect the dots. Your brain is a swirling mass of unbalanced confusion due to the meth, SSRIs and alchohol. Add a psychedelic, even a mild one like weed, and things go haywire. Really is this much of a surprise?

Just glancing at your post Flickering it seems with psychedelics you sort of tried to use hallucinations as an indicator to how hard your tripping, and I just remembered that when I hadn't taken many psys, the visuals were always nothing astounding. For me it took a few trips to kick in at the sort of intensity that I was expecting, but at first I was disappointed that the visuals weren't pretty enough lol.

Also I'm glad to hear that the acids helped you realise that its all in your head. I guess you have good times ahead of you :D

Does anyone else Agree with me, that A Psychedelic Trip,
and a workour session (or weight lifting) BOTH require the right frame of mind to be Succesful/Positive/Effective

?
Its all about the Mindset with Both, it really is.

In retrospect, I actually don't think I was in the best state of mind. This became abundantly clear to me as I entered the introspective phase of the trip. I had just spent the week depressed and inactive. I had ditched out of an appointment to race home and take acid to sate my obsessive need to know what would happen. I saw two of my roommates were home, one of whom would not take kindly to drug experimentation, and I did it anyway. And I knew I had work the next night. As the trip progressed, I was thinking, "Okay, now you know. Now never do that again."

At the same time, I feel confident that I could have handled a full tab under the same circumstances. Obviously I wasn't quite foolhardy enough to try that, though. But I will be doing it in a week's time, this time out in nature, with two good friends on the same kindly substance. :)

LicktheShade said:
Just glancing at your post Flickering it seems with psychedelics you sort of tried to use hallucinations as an indicator to how hard your tripping, and I just remembered that when I hadn't taken many psys, the visuals were always nothing astounding. For me it took a few trips to kick in at the sort of intensity that I was expecting, but at first I was disappointed that the visuals weren't pretty enough lol.

It's odd. I would like it if the visuals were a bit more pronounced, but it doesn't really matter. I'll save it for the DMT trips down the road.

On shrooms, the visual effects were pronounced but non-intrusive (until they stopped). I saw spinning patterns, surfaces changed texture altogether, that sort of thing. On the half tab, I was noticing little things like how that rock formation kinda looks like a medieval warrior, and the lights on the ceiling fan moved slightly, like the eye of GlaDOS swivelling to look at me, and the U-shaped rims on the blades were smiling at me to reflect my mood. But who knows, perhaps like you the visual intensity will amp up as I get more mileage.

Well I'm very tired, I only managed to get a couple of hours' sleep, and now I have a night shift. I'm going to sleep for twenty hours straight after this.

I wonder who that would be?! 8o8:)?

I was responding to OP brah

I think you'll find that LicktheShade is well aware you were responding to the OP.

I agree with LicktheShade - you need to read the whole thread before weighing in with "psychedelics obviously aren't for you". Flickering has been on a bit of a journey here and other BL'ers have helped a little bit here and there.

Imagine what BL would be like if everyone just said - "nah, not for you, leave it" without bothering to look at what the deeper meaning of something might be.

Regardless, good luck on your journey my friend. Hopefully if you need any help, of any sort at, any point, it will be forthcoming in whichever way the universe might present it :)

Peace