• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

If their potent shrooms 1 gram can be the perfect amount sometimes for a light but very worthwhile trip. Mushrooms get me really tripped out so I only go heavy on them occasionally. Most of my trips involve me eating between 1.5 and 2 grams lately , usually in chocolates =D

That looks like about a half eighth.

That said, I've taken a gram before and it was uncomfortable and pretty much a waste of time. Weigh it and take more if it's less than 1.5 or so

I've eaten low doses before and had good times. For me at least, I lose almost all the visuals, but get the awesome body feelings and mental acuteness that mushrooms cause.

For some reason as of late i've been getting spun out on only 2 grams. I've had several trips involving only 1 gram and it was a very consuming experience. Not as many visuals involving morphing/moving/bending but it was a mindfuck and everything else was included such as brighter colors and wider vision. I can even feel a 0.5g if my tolerance is down completely, heh. [edit] I just saw the pic and that looks like at least a 1/16th maybe even 2g so that would definitely have me going strong for 5-6 hours, especially if they're at least medium potency. Have fun, safe travels.

Thanks guys. Looks like I can expect to have a good time.
Can someone point me in the right direction of how to tell if they may have gone bad? They'll have been sitting for a good 3 weeks + by the time I get to them.

Dried mushrooms won't spoil, although the psilocybin (the main drug that gets you high) may degrade if they're not stored properly....a cool, dark place is best for those lil' guys!

keep in mind mushroom dose-response is NON LINEAR. that means, 3.5g (1/8th) is not twice as much as 1.75 (1/16th), but its exponentially more. 4g is a much higher dose than 3.5g. Once youre up in the 5g range, youre headed for some really intense action. Dont be foolish and think that 7g (1/4th) is double the strength of 3.5g. 7g of shrooms is getting close to superhero strength!

So with that, yes 1g will produce a trip. even .75 will give you some action. You wont be sober. 1.75g is a full on trip imo, albeit without visuals or much of a chance of ego loss. 1.0g will send you out of sobriety, but dont expect anything nearly as interesting as your 4g dose.

As mentioned above, the size of the pile isnt as important as its weight. Assuming the mushrooms are dried, its difficult to judge their density while just being looked at. Weigh them so you know what youre dosing yourself with (All above weights are assuming mushrooms are dried as well - fresh or 'wet' mushrooms require much higher doses and usually result in less accurate assessments).

Be safe!

keep in mind mushroom dose-response is NON LINEAR. that means, 3.5g (1/8th) is not twice as much as 1.75 (1/16th), but its exponentially more. 4g is a much higher dose than 3.5g. Once youre up in the 5g range, youre headed for some really intense action. Dont be foolish and think that 7g (1/4th) is double the strength of 3.5g. 7g of shrooms is getting close to superhero strength!

So with that, yes 1g will produce a trip. even .75 will give you some action. You wont be sober. 1.75g is a full on trip imo, albeit without visuals or much of a chance of ego loss. 1.0g will send you out of sobriety, but dont expect anything nearly as interesting as your 4g dose.

As mentioned above, the size of the pile isnt as important as its weight. Assuming the mushrooms are dried, its difficult to judge their density while just being looked at. Weigh them so you know what youre dosing yourself with (All above weights are assuming mushrooms are dried as well - fresh or 'wet' mushrooms require much higher doses and usually result in less accurate assessments).

Be safe!

I really like a single gram of mushrooms for going out on. Usually produces a nice trippy headspace, and some nice stimulation, without anything really going on visually. YMMV of course.

Mega-merged thread and added recent one. Feel free to browse for anwsers.

i love doses like 0.7-1.5g for club parties - I simply enjoy talking with people and just watching them, music sounds bigger (but I get a bit too lazy to dance) and vision gets softer and more pleasant
but 1g and above often makes me feel nusea for about half an hour, it's ok before trip, but makes me feel uncomfortable and dumb around people

Guys, I'm not entirely sure where to put this so I'll put it here. Been looking to start trying mushrooms, with a low dose at first adn then work my way up. But I have no idea where to start - noone I know knows anyone who has any, and I'm based in the south west of england. What about these ones you can buy online? What are peoples thoughts?

^If you're talking about fly agaric, it's not the same thing as a psiloscybin trip at all. Not even close, and it's pretty dangerous.

^If you're talking about fly agaric, it's not the same thing as a psiloscybin trip at all. Not even close, and it's pretty dangerous.

What gives you that idea exactly? Anything regarding toxicity on this substance is only speculation. Also, I would be careful about what sources you choose to trust when researching this entheogen, much still remains a mystery, even more so than Psilocybin

I know my thread got merged into this one so it might not be precisely the right place to post this..but do these seem to have gone bad?

img00321201001070119.jpg

img00322201001070119.jpg

Some definitely look great but should I avoid the ones that aren't bright anymore? Some parts seem pretty black..any help? thanks.

^ Dunno.... did they get wet?

Also, I once had a bag of mushroom dust (got the last 1/8th from a big batch at the time) back in college. I loved taking a pinch or two and going to parties. Just the right amount of alteration, without anxiety or distraction. Great energy for dancing too. It helps if you don't try to focus on knowing if you're feeling it and just go about what you are doing. You'll notice it later and won't waste time thinking about if you're feeling anything or not.

A few hours ago, I ate between 400 and 500 milligrams of Psilocybe galindoi and enjoyed about five Volcano vaporizer bags while I waited for the onset. I didn't think the effects would be noticeable, especially with the strong cannabis high. However, I definitely picked out the unique mushroom feeling, and was able to slightly drift to and from different psychedelic mind states. It was really pleasant and a fantastic way to add a little psychedelic flavor to your cannabis high, or just a normal sober day. More specifically, I noticed that the way I spoke to people and the things that stood out to me in my general awareness were quite strikingly psychedelic.

I really enjoy experimenting with low-dosage psilocin and over the next few weeks, I plan on taking note of exactly when P. galindoi's character seems to turn to an actual psychedelic trip for me.

^ ^ Those look great. :p

PS- This is the "Low Dosage Trips" thread, so I will say that low-dose mushrooms is one of the best anti-depressants ever. Nibble in the morning and the day goes fantastic.