• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

I've never taken a low dose of mushrooms or just a few stems/caps, 0.75g-0.5g dried. I have one friend that told me how he did have a low dose of mushrooms just a large one and how he didn't see visuals or have a proper trip but how he got a lot of anxiety and got panicky. My friend has issues with panic/anxiety and maybe low doses just make him nervous or like something's missing like the do to other people who wrote about this in the thread?

Like this guy Xorkoth
My first trip was with 1.75 grams and was a complete and total +4, religious experience.

I had a ++++ experience on 2.0g of mushrooms. 1.5g of the same type gave my friend and I +++ experiences when we split an eighth of them. I would not consider 2.0g to be a low dose or even 1.5g to be a low dose.

Are mushrooms usually not potent or am I ultra-sensitive to them? I've only had P. cubes.

A friend of mine ate a gram or even a gram and a half of mushrooms and he said how everything got brighter, he felt sort of floaty/had a body buzz, and things started breathing but not too intensely, and he said he threw up on them but he probably didn't eat them on an empty stomach. He took them while in a college film class with friends where they'd listen to a lecture and watch films for hours in the summer.

anybody know what 2 dried caps might feel like?

they are fairly large, about an inch in diameter, give or take

i dont think we'll know for sure. i have had caps that weigh 3.5gs dry that didnt look like a eighth at all i would weigh those if you can and then you could possibly determine what you might feel like once you eat them. iv ate mushrooms quite a few times and i still dont know how ill feel once they kick in, its kinda like a coin toss every time i eat them iv noticed.

hey guys. Never done mushrooms but live in the country with a good few fields about so think il be able to find some lib caps no bother in a few weeks time. What would be a good recommended dosage for a first time. When i go out and pick them il post pics up here just to be safe.

I've recently been playing with low dose shroom tea.

My first batch was 1.37 grams. I cut the shrooms up into small pieces along with some ginger root (for nausea) and put them in a batch of raspberry-lemon riot matte from teavanna. That night I hung out with my roommate and one of her friends (they weren't tripping) we got in the car (my roommate was driving) and went to a beautiful park on a hillside as the sun was setting. While playing catch in this park, I was coming up the sky and nature were mind-blowingly beuatiful (this was my forth time taking mushrooms, the first times being 3.5-4 grams eaten raw) we then got back in the car and I sat indian style in the backseat tripping out to the surroundings/sunset out the window. We ended up at the drive-in and watched Ted I had already seen the movie before so for the second half of the trip I layed in the backseat enjoying the CEVs until the trip wore off. Total duration, 5 hours. It was extremely enjoyable and euphoric.

The next time I took close to 3 grams in tea (while not that low of a dose) and made 4 of my friends each 2 gram batches. This trip was very enjoyable for all. The comeup was quite smooth for everyone via this method, and the 2 gram dose seemed to be a perfect dose for a good visual trip without to much risk of becoming too intense.

EDIT: First post :) been lurking for awhile now.

Before reading this thread I had no idea every one of my handful of mushroom experiences were "low dose" (1.5-2g) bc they rocked my world in such a great way, I would be wary of expecting a dose in this range to be mild if you aren't experienced

Before reading this thread I had no idea every one of my handful of mushroom experiences were "low dose" (1.5-2g) bc they rocked my world in such a great way, I would be wary of expecting a dose in this range to be mild if you aren't experienced

Without experience I would suggest 0.25 - 0.5gr dried.
I have some psychedelic tolerance (I take a psychedelic low dose every week and high dose a few times a year) and 0.5gr is definetly a + bordering on a ++.

Hey, old-thread, but keen to add my 2c as low-dose mushroom trips have meant a lot to me and comprised the bulk of my experiences.
Low-to-medium doses often seem to be anxiety riddled, what do I do with myself, no breakthrough experiences for me.
We all know what to expect from high doses, usually heaven, sometimes hell, often phasing between.

1 tiny cap + shady fishing spot watching the turbulence of the creek = lovely trance (thought forms on the edge of running-water)
1 medium cap + light beers and pingpong tournament = amazing, disproportionally excellent playing ability, visual acuity and comedy of competition
1 tiny cap with no stem @ bedtime when a little tired = fantastic dream adventure experience, restive OR awake all night with thoughts, visuals, even an intense trip.

Always surprised me how many times 1-2 tiny mushrooms was an infinitely more intense experience than 5-6.
The world can indeed dissolve with .1-.2g, but rarely.
NJoy!

Can anyone share any knowledge on the physical effects of low-dose mushroom trips compared to medium/high doses? I'm particularly interested in what to expect for pupil dilation on doses in the .5g range. LSD and mushrooms at med-low doses (1-2 tabs of decent acid or 1.75g shrooms) always give me saucer eyes so it'd be nice if that wasnt an issue

Can anyone share any knowledge on the physical effects of low-dose mushroom trips compared to medium/high doses? I'm particularly interested in what to expect for pupil dilation on doses in the .5g range.

Pupillary dilation is probably the only thing that can give it away. When I take 0.5gr they are definetly saucer-like in the dark/semi-dark. I have LEDlights at home and when I check the mirror my eyes are definetly dilated. That being said, if you go out into the light your pupils will react to the light, thus shrinking.
It's the same for me with low-doses of aMT and 5MeOMiPT. When I ask my GF if she sees something irregular, she really has to check and even then she fails to notice, except when it's really dark.

If you're afraid about someone noticing you're tripping, I wouldn't mind. Try the mushrooms at home first in a larger dose, as to gauge them. Then use 0.5gr at home alone, to get the feel.
When you go out you won't have to worry about people noticing you're tripping.

Great contributions, all.

I think it's social psychology that discovered that Absolutely Everyone is so worried about their own appearance, that they don't notice much about anyone else, physically, visually, at all. Yet we are all paranoid of our look, speech, pupil size, redeyes etc.

Large pupils are a lot less noticeable than say, red-eyes from ganja. Your eyes *feel* huge just because of the trip, but they are usually only enlarged in low light, where no one could notice it.
Who lives in ambient-lighted houses? Who has ever noticed anyone else's pupil size?
You'd simply Have to be looking For it.

It's more undermining that you lose confidence worrying, trippingly over how your behavior/actions look to others. It's just like being stoned imo - you get used to it, you feign confidence, stay relaxed, act normal, try to keep your eyes wide and focused and watch out for tangents. =D

You can really Control that off-with-the-fairies tripping look if you put your mind to it. When you focus your eyes on something right in front of you (well lit, close-by) your eye-lens goes from curving inwards to outwards ... focus on an imaginary object a foot in front of you or better still look at the person who's gaze you are avoiding, blink and tilt your head a wee-bit to the side (like your considering something a bit profoundly, but not too much!) and no one will Ever suspect a thing ;)

FFS, enough paranoia. it's just a microgrammage increase in serotonin levels, your uncle is probably on Prozac, same diff, no one should care and few enough are even capable, let alone interested, in noticing your alteration. Relax. Also, try infinitely small doses and the subtle effects are much easier to integrate naturally and you can return to normal state of mind with ease when needed.

You can always taper up, but never down, you can always get to That State slowly and securely, peaking well-prepared during the quiet times in your quiet places. Others might advise you take it more seriously and only ever take 8grms and make sure you sufficiently warp your Entire perception of reality, but don't feel at all bad for taking it gingerly, this is serious and potentially disturbing stuff, also the substances involved can carry severe punishment if your caught out - trip carefully chums; you have a whole lifetime to explore and integrate endless possibilities. No need for rushing into too many mad demented trips and unwelcome trainwreck experiences - slow and steady, get to understand the alteration. <3

You can always taper up, but never down, you can always get to That State slowly and securely, peaking well-prepared during the quiet times in your quiet places. Others might advise you take it more seriously and only ever take 8grms and make sure you sufficiently warp your Entire perception of reality, but don't feel at all bad for taking it gingerly, this is serious and potentially disturbing stuff, also the substances involved can carry severe punishment if your caught out - trip carefully chums; you have a whole lifetime to explore and integrate endless possibilities. No need for rushing into too many mad demented trips and unwelcome trainwreck experiences - slow and steady, get to understand the alteration. <3

Awesome response, just what I needed to hear, even if I didn't seek it :)

does anyone ever pass out on shroom? i dosed 2 grams first time and i got really sleepy after peaking i almost passed out.

I am interested in Low dose LSD/MDMA/PSILOCYBIN/LSA use.
Not at the same time... Just on weekends of course.

Just kidding, but I was thinking about trying to replace my benzo addiction with one HBWR a day... That was my thought of the day. Natures pill.

I also believe that studies are being done right now on low dose Psilocybin intake.

What gives you that idea exactly? Anything regarding toxicity on this substance is only speculation. Also, I would be careful about what sources you choose to trust when researching this entheogen, much still remains a mystery, even more so than Psilocybin

It is a mystery because nobody cares, they label Amanita muscaria as an "entheogen" because it is sold in stores.
DUH.

The word "entheogen" translates to - PSYCHEDELIC THAT WE CAN SELL LEGALLY YIPPIE!
The whole god from within is kind of bullshit, anything labeled entheogen is getting sold on the legal market

I mean that with all kindness.

Last edited:
does anyone ever pass out on shroom? i dosed 2 grams first time and i got really sleepy after peaking i almost passed out.

some people find some tryptamines particularly sedating, while others stimulating. 4aco-dmt makes me yawn like crazy, while 4aco-mipt will have me more manic than coke...
so if by passing out you mean sleeping, i think its entirely possible. i think i read somewhere on the interwebs that some peope fall asleep on 2cc

What are low doses of mushrooms like? When I would take them 1.5g would produce a +++ experience or trip, and 2.0g produced a ++++ experience for me. So I never really had an actual low dose experience.

I don't use anything now, and I never have taken any research chemicals like 4aco-dmt, or even MDMA/MDA.

Can you compare a low dose of mushrooms to smoking/vaporizing cannabis, or eating a moderate or large dose of cannabis in food?

Last edited:
I have about 4.3 grams of shrooms ! But don't want to eat them all lol , should I eat an small
Dose ? Like 2.5 or lower ?

Hey, I hid your other thread, since it's the same question, thanks for posting here.

2.5 grams of mushrooms isn't even that low of a dose, but yeah, I think it's a good dose. You could also take a full eighth if you want to trip harder. Even 1 gram of mushrooms can be a nice threshold sparkle. If you ate 2.5, then you'd have 1.8 grams left which is certainly enough to have a nice time.

Also eat them on an empty stomach, they will go farther.

I'm thinking I might start microdosing mushrooms. I took .4 grams tonight after dinner with some weed just to spice up the night, anybody have any experience with microdosing mushrooms? And if so what were the benefits?

Hey this is my first post in this thread and I haven't had the chance to read through it all but I'll give my opinion on low dose experience. I've had slightly limited experience with shrooms but I'd say some of mine have fallin into the low doses range, with experiencing sublime effects of a nice warm pleasent head space which added a very good twist to a night of blazing , very mild visual distortions in a darkened room (4 fresh semilanceia ) and ten of the same species , not sure if this would be considered a low or medium dose as I experienced quite a strong come up and a good level of head psychedelia as well as breathing walls brighten colours and tracers of some stuff . So basically what I'm trying to say is that low doses are great , so much potential to use it as a therapeutic tool although sometimes a stronger dose is what the mind needs to truely show what this sacrament has to offer . My highest dose was 25g of fresh semilanceia which had me at a level 4 (going by Timothy leary's scale)