View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

LSD - First time + storage question.

Hey Psychedelic peeps.

I just have two quick questions. Assuming I had the right setting, would it be a bad idea to do LSD alone for the first time? I'm just considering this for the moment, I'd prefer to do it with a sitter, but it might not be a possibility for a long time.

Second, what's the best way to store tabs and how long would they last? A friend told me something about the liquid evaporating, would this happen?

Thanks in advance :)

My first time was alone .

But make sure it's in a environment u are farmiliar and comfortable with .

And things in ur life and outlook on it should be generally good. Especaillly when doing it by yourself . (e.g - don't do it if someone close to u died recentley , or u are not looking forward to something in upcoming weeks - but u might be able to do this if u were tripping with friends maybe )

and store it in ur fridge wrapped in foil . And if u can't put it in a fridge cos of rents , etc , put it In foil in a book , and u can also put it in a dark dry ro temp box

Nevertouch the blotter with ur fingers . Use tweezers .

Hey Psychedelic peeps.

I just have two quick questions. Assuming I had the right setting, would it be a bad idea to do LSD alone for the first time? I'm just considering this for the moment, I'd prefer to do it with a sitter, but it might not be a possibility for a long time.

Tripping alone should be fine as long as your dose is not too high.
But if i were you id wait tillu had someone there with you so you wouldnt get lonely.

Second, what's the best way to store tabs and how long would they last? A friend told me something about the liquid evaporating, would this happen?

Thanks in advance :)

i keep mine wrapped in foil in a altoids container with dessicant in the freezer or some other cool dark place.

Also I would like to add that with me I always have the urge to be with/talk to someone when I'm tripping .
It's more fun

It's only been a week, and I'm going to take it tonight. I have four tabs of acid wrapped in foil, but not too tight because I didn't want to break the papers lol. I have that stuck inside the plastic from a cigarette bag, that's wrapped with a little saran wrap to keep it from opening, inside a zip lock bag which I squeezed the air out of and folded it and stuck it in the freezer. It should be fine, right? Seems as if I can see some condensation inside the bag. My other question is, how long should I leave the zip lock bag out of the freezer before I open everything and take out the blotters, or what steps should I take?

Thanks!

[EDIT]

Doesn't matter now, they're gone. Tasty!

Last edited:
I keep mine in freezer, and in a plastic baggy, and then in a weed tin, then in a plastic tub. works fine! not much loss in potency, usually a bit better if you eat it as soon as you get it

Mushies and Caffeine

I remember seeing somewhere, I just do not remember where, something about shrooms and drinks with caffeine in them. I kinda just grazed over it and didn;t really pay attention cause I k new I wasn't gonna have any caffeine that night when I tripped.

But anyways, what exactly is the deal with mushies and caffeine? Is it bad? Good? Not good, but also not bad, therefore neutral?

I need to know because I'm cycling Lipo-6 Black which is extremely potent with caffeine.

It isn't dangerous or anything but it could be uncomfortable IMO, but I'm very sensitive to stimulants and hate feeling overly stimulated while tripping.

I always avoid ingesting caffeine with any psychedelic.

You probably are better at knowing the particular effects on your body & mind than anyone here. :) I basically drink every day from one to half a dozen cups. Any psychedelic quickly overrides the affect of caffeine for me. Even if my caffeine tolerance happens to be zero at the time, at most I get a bit more speedy trip, which is good now and then.

Remember that last time on 4-aco-dmt (which, basically, should metabolise straight into psilocin) I had some cans of energy drinks and alcohol. Didn't feel much either, except the alcohol made me slightly more relaxed.

I avoid caffeine and psychedelics, unless I'm feeling really energetic and in the right state of mind for it. I've taken MDPV with 2C-B and it was nice but 2C-B is a pretty easy, simple psychedelic.

I would never take a stimulant with something like mushrooms. Seems like it would precipitate an anxiogenic reaction.

I would never take a stimulant with something like mushrooms. Seems like it would precipitate an anxiogenic reaction.

Mmh.. Wonder how closely this is related to the level of caffeine-junkiness of the person in question.

Well, OP if interested might try to take a slow start to check the waters out. :D

It isn't dangerous or anything but it could be uncomfortable IMO, but I'm very sensitive to stimulants and hate feeling overly stimulated while tripping.

I always avoid ingesting caffeine with any psychedelic.

Hmm its weird with caffeine. Did that once not even thinking about my consumption of coffee slightly earlier. It made me feel sorta twitchy and made me oscilate between feeling awesome and creeped out. I would avoid. I've been on amphetamines for shrooms to. IMO caffeine bothered me psychologically. When I was tripping I got uncomfortable with the way caffeine made me think. Amps don't do that for me but even though I don't mind stimulation, Amps and shrooms kills apetite too much and if you don't eat at onset of trip, By tail end you feel really shitty bc low bloodsugar and comedown and that makes the trip take an edgy uncomfortable turn too. Plus U can't sit still and don't know what to do while u trip the fuck out and time slows so it can be weird. My advice, psyches are better without other stimulants...

Hmm. Well I don't have a low threshold for caffeine at all. It's very neutral to me, maybe even less. But I'm taking Lipo-6 Black which contains extremely high amounts of caffeine and is really potent.

Well, I liked it back when I was addicted to caffeine and drinking large amounts regularly, now it would probably give me a panic attack 8o

I keep my blotter in a ziplock bag, inside a book, and again inside a plastic ziplock bag which is then inside a wooden box.

The box keeps relatively cool, however being Summer here, outside air temps tend to be anywhere from 25-40celcius (77F-104F). Inside room temp tends to be (without air conditioning) anywhere from 28-32Celcius.

Just wondering, should my blotter be relocated? Its pretty much in the coldest part of the house and I cant see it getting any more than say 27celcius within the wooden box that the blotter is stored.

I think I'm over reacting, but hell may as well make sure. I want to keep my blotter for atleast 4-6 months. Bit scared of the freezer/fridge due to moisture and my lack of any real air tight containers/amber glass bottles.

Any input would be fantastic!:)

Very recently I got to test a two year old hit that had been stored in tin foil, in a zipper bag in room temperature (average 20 degrees C). I noticed nearly nó decay at all, I even took some extra ('fresh' lsd) because I thought it might've gone weak; well it didn't.

I read somewhere in some link I found on erowid that the decay of LSD goes faster when its above 25 degrees, so if you live in a moderate climate with practically no heat waves, it can stay good for well over a year. A few months never made a significant difference for me.

I remember also one person testing how much LSD was lost in room temperature compared to in the freezer. (In the netherlands you can have your drugs tested, so the amounts are real). In the freezer over the course of a full year 15 ug was lost, in the room temperature 20 ug was lost. If you have decent blotter it should be fine.

As long as you keep it under 25 degrees decay is little, if it goes above for only a few days it is supposed to be fine too, but a few weeks of 25+ will probably still kill your LSD. I'd say find the coldest darkest part of the your house and store it there if you want to be sure / not live in a very moderate climate.

Strange, i've heard of LSD that's many years old still working just as well as when it was fresh. Mine certainly doesn't seem to have decreased in potency over 2 years at room temperature.

At room temperature I never noticed decay in my own hits either; just mentioning someone's results. The two year old blotter was still very, véry potent.