• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

^ What he said.

I scored quite a bit of very good blotters in Nov. of '06. I've given them away, shared them, and eaten them over the past 3+ years and as recently as a couple months ago. They have been stored the same way the entire time, wrapped in foil, in a small ziplock, inside a medicine bottle in the freezer, and as recently as January (over three years old), I've noticed very little degradation at all, in fact I'd call it negligible.

There is no problem with foil, no problem with freezers, and as far as I can tell, no real limit on how long they can be stored. :)

in the blotter form, just wrap the acid with a strech lucid film and then with a foil. keep the stuff away from the light and heat and moisture. that's all!

when you fry mushrooms they are best cooked in oil :)

What a stupid term... "Frying"... retards.

Heres your info tho...

To increase a shrooms trip I'd recommend smoking some cannabis and taking passiflora extract or some other MAOI

Dark room. Music. Meditation.

Try those. Should work fairly well.

I've also heard of the lemon juice method but have never tried it myself.

Dark room and meditation is good, but IMO especially on higher doses music does nothing but distract you from the trip. Unless it's ambient, then that's fine.

Otherwise I find mushrooms are best done in silence, while LSD can be done however you want. On LSD you're the master of your mind, on mushrooms you are at the mercy of the spirits that come before you on high dose mushrooms. They don't want you listening to pop music, drums...sure. They only want music that will aid you in bringing on the effects such as druming/theta ryythms and shit.

MAO inhibitors will double or quadruple the potency of your shrooms. Some 'ayahuasca' vine, species B. caapi, is a traditional one. Moclobemide is a pharmaceutical MAOI. Esphand, harmala, syrian rue seeds are the most widely available MAOIs. I think you can find pure THH (tetrahydroharmine) easily nowadays too.

If you take an MAOI before the shrooms, 1 gram will be enough.

LSDMDMA&8162771 said:
eating more? Maybe SSRIs.

Eating more yes, that's the best way to increase the effects.

Honestly lots of people don't eat enough mushrooms to really trip out. I hear about people and their stories while tripping and I'm thinking "Ok you didn't take enough if you were able to talk like that".

NO ONE from western society can eat 5 grams of decent mushrooms and keep a straight face or "hold a conversation".

And yet on 3.5 grams I find that easy to do. 1.5-2 grams more makes all the difference.

I hear about people saying YOU MUST HAVE NITROUS TO TRIP. I think that's rubbish, just eat more acid or mushrooms at a time and stop being a poonany!

oops. mAOIs then. 2g didnt do anything to me compared to 2 hits of decent acid. But ive only shroomed once and dropped once so..

Dark room and meditation is good, but IMO especially on higher doses music does nothing but distract you from the trip. Unless it's ambient, then that's fine.

Otherwise I find mushrooms are best done in silence, while LSD can be done however you want. On LSD you're the master of your mind, on mushrooms you are at the mercy of the spirits that come before you on high dose mushrooms. They don't want you listening to pop music, drums...sure. They only want music that will aid you in bringing on the effects such as druming/theta ryythms and shit.

In someways I agree with this. I am not that experienced with high doses of mushrooms (never gone above 4.5 grams which was pretty strong but not ego destroying) but it resonates with my DMT experiences.

I prefer silence on DMT, Music is just a distraction that keeps you grounded in reality. It stops you from venturing deeper into you're own mind and inhibits the process of constructing a new perceptual reality.

I find the same to be true of ketamine (in a slightly different way) which really rewards sensory deprivation.

On a side note: I don't listen to pop music when I'm tripping. I generally only listen to instrumental music (particularly jazz). But once you get past a certain point you do not need any external stimuli and it can actually take you out of the trip.

Mushrooms aren't one of my favorite psychs because it is a particularly anxiogenic substance (and sometimes nauseating) for me but I have a lot of respect for the experience. I prefer 4-aco-dmt which is IMO one of the best psychedelics.

Last edited:
Yes ^ most definitely! Try eating the mushrooms with orange juice or a fruit juice equally acidic (I used to use multi juice for this - a sort of tropical mix), much easier and safer than combining with something like MAO inhibitors or nootropics to potentiate / make it more intense.

For making it longer lasting you could just try smoking some cannabis when you notice you are coming down, tends to bring me back up again and put the trip in a sort of persisting haze.
Something about the haziness is not preferable but ok.

i find making a tea and chugging it to increease the intensity but shorten the duration.
also MAOi's are commonly used, but be sure to take all neccessary precautions if mixing with MAOi's/

Should this be merged with the big and dandy mushroom thread or does it warrant its own thread?

Magic mushroom potentiation

I have cooked some magic mushrooms into jam.
However, I probably over-cooked it as the produced effects are weak.

How can I potentiate the mushroom trip?
I have searched here and found different suggestions.
I'm interested about 5-htp, if someone tried it to potentiate mushroom trip.
Then piracetam and maybe gabapentin.

How about kava kava?
How about valerian root with passion flower (which is very mild MAOI)?

Another thing, my second bottle of the magic gem got molds. How can I remove them? Since I wouldn't like to throw it away, lots of work to find the magic mushrooms and cook them.
(I cook them because the type of magic mushrooms I have locally is very difficult to dry).

The most common way I have heard of is to use an MAOI, most commonly one of the shorter acting harmala alkaloids. Be very careful with the MAOIs especially since you don't seem to know how much jam you need for a strong trip without the MAOI. Other then that you could try one of the simple alcohol extractions which most people say work reasonably well.

I've never tried 5-htp with dried mushrooms though I have tried it with psilacetin with no noticeable increase in trip intensity.

MAOI would work but it makes the trip much more intense in a different way. I speak from P. Harmala + P. Cubensis experiments.

Seems like you're really pulling at straws to make your cooked, moldy, mushroom jam work. It might be best to just grow your own shrooms. ;)

I doubt you will have a problem with low potency if you were to grow your own but if you have access to the mushrooms while they are growing you can also add precursors to the substrate/mycellium to also increase potency. If you find the mushrooms early enough this may even be possible in the wild. Though I am not speaking from experience, i'm sure plenty people here have experience with wild mushrooms.

Also, are the mushrooms you pick naturally weak(assuming fresh is about 10x more weight then dried) or is it only after the jam that they lose potency?

Imho, the easiest way to potentiate mushrooms is to just eat more of them .. they are relatively cheap, and plentiful. If you disagree with this, just consider growing your own and you'll have all you could ever want.

I wasn't exactly sure what you were saying with the mold, and I'm not familiar with the cooking process to make jam. But if you see mold I hate to tell you but you might want to throw it all out. The visible mold when it comes to mushrooms is actual mold spores.. meaning the mold that isn't releasing spores yet is still there, and you won't have anyway of knowing visibly where it is exactly.

That being said, most types of mold that grow in mushrooms substrate is ok (it wont hurt you) to eat mushrooms from that substrate. In your case however, you are saying the mold is in the actual jam you plan on eating? I would play it safe and not do that..

^everything everyone else said and more.

if you want to try shroom-huasca, get hold of banisteropsis caapi vines or peganum harmala seeds. these have active levels of MAOI alkaloids that WILL potentiate a shroom trip, but they must be used with CAUTION and in the presence of a sober sitter.

DO NOT eat moldy food, unless it is sourdough bread, yeasty beer, or blue cheese. those three are DELICIOUS, especially together :)

the next time you get your hands on any booms, i suggest you put them into honey. there are many recipes, but the general idea is:

1. dry mushrooms until 100% cracker dry. crush, grind, or cut shrooms into smaller pieces.
2. in a wide-mouth container (not a squeeze-bear) measure in some plain honey. try to aim for 1 spoonful per 1g of shroom you want to add.
3. heat plain honey in microwave a few seconds until slightly thin. DO NOT BOIL.
4. add dry shroom pieces to thin honey. stir well to incorporate.
5. add spices as desired. good choices are cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove (A TINY BIT GOES A LONG WAY). ascorbic acid crystals (vitamin c) are also good for acidity.

this shroom honey should be stored tightly closed in the fridge and used within a couple months, or it can be frozen for extended periods of time. simply scoop out a spoonful, add to hot (not boiling) water, stir, and enjoy instant blue tea.