• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

Cannabis + Mushrooms

Hey guys, Ill be indulging in my 2nd mushroom experience tonight! I got 2 grams of mushrooms in a chocolate treat that I'll be eating with a friend tonight. I had my first trip on mushrooms at the beginning of this year, and managed to get mushrooms again fairly easily. I had a very good trip during my first experience, that I wrote a report on that can be found here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=359916&highlight=Spiritual+in+rainbows

Ill be taking a bit of a higher dose this time, and was just curious as to how smart it would be to mix cannabis with mushrooms this time. Ive got a low tolerance to marijuana, smoking just once or twice a week over the last few months. During my last trip, I got nothing as far as visuals go, and everything as far as having a great deal of insight and mental revelations. Of the 2, the mental aspect is much more important and enjoyable to me, and if smoking would take away from this aspect of the trip, then I'd like to stay away from it. If it increases this, I'd probably like to indulge in a few hits. I'm also curious as to whether or not smoking would increase the likelihood of encountering some visual elements during my trip.

Thanks!

Especially with a low tolerance, take care to not underestimate the potential of weed to significantly add to/alter a trip. If you're pretty experienced with weed and know how it afects you (hopefully well), then do what feels right! If pot has a tendency to be unenjoyable or paranoia-ridden for you, then tread lightly.

Nice report btw! Happy tripping

[Mushrooms Subthread] Combinations

Shrooms with weed can blast you right into orbit, so approach with care.

If this is only your second shroom trip, I'd recommend skipping the weed this time - especially if you're taking a higher dose than before. The combination is well worth trying (it can be amazing), but only with a shroom dose that you know you're comfortable with.

Thanks for the replies! I am quite experienced with cannabis, having been a toker for about 2 years now, and smoke it in combination with pretty much every other drug I've tried. I never get anxiety or paranoia, just a nice mild psychedelic high. Ill definitely be careful, and if I do choose to smoke, Ill take it lightly, smoking one or two hits and going from there, and saving it until after the peak.

as long as you're in a safe and secure setting then BLAST AWAY

I have never found a psychedelic that I don't like good bud with. None!

ketamine, LSD, shrooms, MDMA, AMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, MET, DMT, methylone, 2CE, 2CB, 2CD, 2CT7. These have all combined beautifully with cannabis indica. I generally prefer to smoke only pot that stones me, I steer clear of sativa strains since they make me very antsy and twitchy (my muscles will literally spasm on it).

Smoked weed with my second mushroom trip. When eyes started popping out of the rainbow colored smoke, I knew I'd messed up.

KingKoopa said:
Smoked weed with my second mushroom trip. When eyes started popping out of the rainbow colored smoke, I knew I'd messed up.

Don't you mean, thats when things got interesting? %)

At the point where I started smoking, I was convinced that weed was either a date rape drug in use by my ambiguously gay friend or the key to time travel. It probably would've been better to smoke it before the peak of the trip. It was too intense during.

If this is only your second shroom trip, I'd recommend skipping the weed this time - especially if you're taking a higher dose than before

This is what I tell people. At this point the original person that inquired might've already made the choice, but for anyone looking here without such an experience under their belt... Approach with a reasonable degree of caution. Smoking in the heat of a psychedelic experience tends to be ambiguous about whether it was a good idea or not, from my experience, because it really does tend to put a more confused edge on things. Particularly with shrooms, I almost always feel like I have everything all figured out for the first time in my life when I do 'em... This is not the case after a bowl or so, when the floor starts swimming around the room and I can write my name in neon fractal tracers. I'm a bit curious about other folks' experiences with all of this... Ever particularly gotten anything out of it mentally? The times I've done it, what I really enjoyed was the beauty of the visuals and the sheer level of absurdity that went with it (I could sense clocks and keys within objects, time would seem to switch directions, things would inflate and deflate completely, and I couldn't qualitatively figure out what the difference was between then and the '60s)... Not particularly similar in terms of the vibes and feel to normal(hah!) tripping or just cannabis other than the presence of visuals.

The phrase "blast away!" is particularly relevant to this combo... As soon as I notice the blades of grass interlocking with one another and dancing with me, and try to assess my current mental state it's blast-off time.

KingKoopa said:
At the point where I started smoking, I was convinced that weed was either a date rape drug in use by my ambiguously gay friend or the key to time travel. It probably would've been better to smoke it before the peak of the trip. It was too intense during.

I smoked some nice local primo right smack in the middle of the peak from 3g of freshly dried cubes, and man....that was so nice, so deep, and so dreamy.

I LOVE some good herb while tripping, it combats anxiety from moderate to higher doses and as you all know, combats nausea too (although I rarely get that).

If you are an experienced herb smoker, I say GO FOR IT when shrooming.

i was wondering that if i bought acid does it lose potency over time? if i keep it away from moisture light and heat will it be able to last 3-5 weeks and keep its potency?

^ if we are talking about blotter it should keep for quite some time. there will be some degredation but you should definitely be able to get a nice trip as long as you keep it well (there are lots of threads on the specifics). if it is gels, all the better, if it is liquid dropped on candy/sugarcubes/what have you, not so much, but even then it can last a while

I have a question about LSD going bad:

I've had a tab of acid stored at room temperature for about 11 or so days, it is wrapped tightly in clingfilm (clear plastic wrap) and tucked between the pages of a book. I have just been reading online that temperature is also a factor in LSD degrading and blotters should be stored in a fridge or freezer to keep them nicely, I'm just wondering if my tab will have gone bad over this time period, going to put it somewhere cold now, will it be ok?

Answers appreciated, silly me for not finding this out before hand.

It'll probably be fine. Has it been kept away from moisture? I gather that the book was closed, so light is not a factor. My guess is it would have degraded very little if it degraded at all. Of course, unless you plan on dosing it now, you should transfer it to a cool place like a refrigerator (inside a jar with some dessicant... refrigerators are damp places if it's just in there unprotected).

^it is wrapped very tightly so it hasn't been exposed to any moisture and the book has been closed too, so light isn't an issue. Going to do it this weekend I think, never done it before, wish me luck ;)

[Mushrooms Subthread] Combinations

So I plan on Shrooming at a Rave sometime soon..its a Rave/Carnival. So I will be going on many rides..which for means motion sickness.

I have a couple of questions..

I am really prone to throwing up when I shroom, almost every time I have shroomed I have gagged or almost thrown up. I am pretty sure if I go on carnival rides while shrooming that I will most definitely throw up.

I heard that taking Dramamine may help...

What are your thoughts? I plan on dropping some x later on too.

Its the "less drowsy" formula.

ive done it like four times, worked out fine every time and i had no nausea, but im not really prone to nausea. didnt really notice being very drowsy vs shroom trips were i didnt use dramamine.

For a second I thought you were going to be talking about a deleriant dose of drammamine whilst on shrooms. I thought you were fucking crazy.

100 mg one half hour before mushroom ingestion should do the trick. :)