• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

ebola! I'd love to know how many grams of mushies you consumed and how much syrian rue you consumed. Thanks in advance.

To anyone who's done the mix, please list experiences, doses of each, and how it was different then a normal shroom trip of the same dosage.

Nitrous being that powerful with shrooms eh? I'll buy a can of duster and take it for a spin. It lasts so short so I can't see it ruining the duration of the trip if its not that great. There was a short phase around here with alot of people being dustbunnies...

Thanks for the info.

Plain ol' amphetamine

I've had a few experiences involving combining psilocybin with amphetamine. It makes the going up into a bit of a white knuckle ride, but it does extend the length of the trip by anything up to 25%. It also alters the quality slightly, giving the psilocybin more of that "clinical, analytical" feel that LSD has.

As long as you don't go overboard with the amphetamine, it's well worth giving it a try sometime (I just dissolved some amphetamine the mushroom tea - can't really make it taste any worse)

Meth isn't available around here. What kind of amphetamine? Should I try using adderalls?

Duster isn't particularly great at all, I don't really enjoi it as theirs nothing to enjoi but feeling funny. But why not, it lasts a few seconds.

eighth of shrooms+bong rips of good nug+hit of nitrous= complete and total euphoria...... best moment of my life...

I think that grinding shrooms up into fine powder will ensure that more is digested. If you dump the powder straight into your mouth without mixing it with liquid, you will hit enzymes there. The heat in tea will neutrilize the psilocin, so avoid that. Gelcaps force the powder to bypass the digestive enzymes in your mouth.

Ginger tea a half hour before injestion and fasting a day or two before you trip will help ensure most effective injestion.

Three grams of syrian rue a half hour before injestion will more than double the trip potency. Passion flower extract may help a little, but it contains approximately 1/80th the amount of mao-i as syrian rue does. Also ingredients in passion flower get converted to cyanide in your body, which is toxic.

Digestive enzymes

The only enzyme associated with digestion that occurs in the mouth is amylase, which specifically breaks down starch - that will make no difference to how fast you get the psilocin/psilocybin into your system (unless you meant by the sublingual route, but it has nowt to do with enzymes)

Creative Random

Any amphetamine will boost the effects, just keep the dose below what you would normally take of amphetamine on its own, or the anxiety can become really bad during the 1st hour

How well would coke mix with mushrooms? It's easier to get then amphetamines of any kind anyways.... I would imagine it would be the same effect if I redosed every 30 minutes considering coke is so short lasting.

Ginger I hear is to help the sotmach, but mushrooms don't hurt my stomach. I have yet to try syrian rue (which is available to me) to see how that works on my stomach.

And would 3g be nice for 1 g of shrooms? Or would this just end up being a syrian rue trip? That's the last thing I want to end up happneing, is to end up just being wasted on syrian rue and the mushrooms kinda being wasted.

Could someone give a good syrian to mushries ratio to increase the potency of the mushies as much as possible without having very different qualitative changes, or/and end up tripping syrian rue style?

If there is no consistent ratio, could you give some kind of set list? (1 g of syrian best for 1 g mushies, 1 g SR best for 2 g mush, 3g SR best for 3g mushies, et cetera, and of that kind of nature)

oh and when is the best time to take the syrian, relative to the time the mushies are ingested? (chewing them as much and long as possible and fasting 1-2 days prior, and that day, are usually what I do)

I'm still sort of puzzled as to whether the syrian will make me trip, and synergize great with the mushies(like mixing opiates and alcohol, as an example. this may not apply to everyone but you get what i mean), or not be psychoactive but be like a vitamin of some sort that will just enhance the mushies (like fasting).

the best time to take syrian rue is about 30 minutes before you injest mushrooms. You cannot really trip on syrian rue alone, but it does have some small psychoactive effect. Syrian rue contains MAO Inhibitors which prevent the breakdown of certian chemicals (DMT, neurotransmitters, mabye psilocin, but im not sure). That is why the trip is enhanced. From what I have read, 3g of rue will more than double the potency of any shroom dose.

I advise against the use of stimulants with shrooms, because it is best to have a clear head when you trip.

^ I don't know about that. People seem to trip on it. You can find reports of such.

I've found alot of experience reports on tripping on just syrian rue alone, at doses beginning at 3.5 grams to 25 grams (that guy wasn't happy). Average was around 6.5 grams, and saying it was too much.

And why no stimulants when you trip? Usually people associate being "clear headed" with being on stimulants.

And why be clear headed? Don't you find the trip helps you alot when your head is most unclear? I like it that ways anyways...

well 10 minutes after ingesting syrian and i feel weird already. Usually oral things take 2 hours....

werd, let me know how it goes. Are taking this syrian rue in combination with anything?

As for stimulants, they do not allow your brain to function correctly. For example, you can try to fix something that wasn't broken for hours straight on meth. Also, why would you put your mind in fight or flight mode while trying to trip?

well after that 10 minutes i didnt feel weird anymore. Sorta drowsy. I'd HATE to be drowsy on shrooms! Dramamine....BLEH.

I think i need to experiment with higher doses (above 4g).

Maybe it was because i had quite a bit to eat a few hours before.

And i dont know about your question, to experience it? Try something new? I dont see anything bad about it.

It was just straight syrian by the way.

fizzacyst said:
I've not experienced this, but I don't work with cakes either. Sometimes I suspect the 4th-8th flushes are a little weaker, but nothing like 1/4 the strength of the first couple flushes. I rarely let them go past the 3rd flush though, as the low(er) yeild is not worth the increased risk of contamination or use of my limited space.

I would not recommend adding manure to cakes. Some people do with success, but I've never seen them produce larger yields or more potent mushrooms. I would be concerned about thinning the available nutrients.

If you are looking for potency and much larger yields and have successfully completed a few cake grows, it may be time to start looking into the liquid culture->whole grain->cased manure methods.

This might be, to be honest I'm flying to high to check the date, I'm assuming your casing is peat/verm? coir/verm 40/60? coir/spent coffee grinds/verm?

I know this is shroomery talk and frowned upon, but I AM curious (natural cat)...

singularity said:
SWIM is newish to growing and has had a few grows under their belt on brf cakes. During each grow, the mushrooms from the 4th-5th flush have felt 1/4 as potent as the mushrooms from the first few flushes, regardless of mushroom size(ie usually the bigger mushrooms are weaker and typically come from later flushes).

Could this be caused by the nutrients in the cake being depleted? If so would casing with something like dung counteract this? Has anyone else heard of this loss of potency? I know this question is more suited to the shroomery but I just want some input here.

SWIM need to die btw, embrace yourself.

flyingbanana said:
Loss of potency is normal in later flushes. (3+)
You could try to counteract this by not letting the mushrooms grow as big (so more alkaloids per gram, same principle as picking the mushrooms before the caps open because alkaloid content doesn't increase, but mass does)
or maybe try injecting the cake with DMT?

If your lucky enough to have dmt than smoke it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the later flushes were a little less potent, but at the worst they were 2/3 as potent... nothing like 1/4 !

Well, it depends!

Depends on your growing climate, depends on your substrate, depends on the strain, it depends, depends, depends!

But, as a general rule the later strains will be weaker and usually have more deformities (the layer gets torn up, they get exposed to the odd dryness now and then the longer the chance to it is open, etc)

but yeah theyre still good and strong :)

I used to only trip on aborts from the first and second flush, talk bout potent mushrooms 1 gram would have you flying!!!