• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

I've always found the opposite. Later flushes produced more potent fruits. Its subjective, my opinion surely being influenced by internet chatter:)

I doubt anything with poo in it is going to lose potency over time. Maybe straw or rye or the like.

I used to only trip on aborts from the first and second flush, talk bout potent mushrooms 1 gram would have you flying!!!

So is it true that aborts are more potent by weight? I'm more a mushie-hunter, so I am prepared to accept that there is major flucutuation even in one species of potency (well, majorish), but I tend to leave smaller, already unveiled shroomies in the ground; I don't know why, save the children and all that....then again, I don't know if these principles apply to wild mushrooms.

Merged in a thread about later flushes affecting potency.

is it true that preloading on 150-300 mg of Moclobemide is a great potentiator for a mushroom trip? that it makes the experience more visual, euphoric, insightful and longer lasting. would preloading on Moclobemide as a Psilocybe potentiator be superior to preloading on Rue/Caapi/Harmaline as a potentiator? Moclobemide feels cleaner with mushrooms than these plants?

Thanks guys :p

well moclobemide is indeed a MAOI, however i don't know if it's superior to that of syrian rue or the other ones you've mentioned.

[Mushrooms Subthread] Combinations

Here I am with about an eighth in my pocket.

The only dosages I've taken thus far are 1.5g and something around the ballpark (if not less) than this.

Tomorrow I wake up a little early to go hike with my friend. What say you of all this?

S2K said:
Here I am with about an eighth in my pocket.

The only dosages I've taken thus far are 1.5g and something around the ballpark (if not less) than this.

Tomorrow I wake up a little early to go hike with my friend. What say you of all this?

Judging by your avatar.... WWHSTD?

[Psilocybin Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

General Patton said:
Judging by your avatar.... WWHSTD?

Eat em all and wash em down with a slug of ether.

I'm not quite Dr. Gonzo, though ;)

Would I be able to take a smaller dose and bump it with more if I find it to not be strong enough?

S2K said:
Eat em all and wash em down with a slug of ether.

I'm not quite Dr. Gonzo, though ;)

Would I be able to take a smaller dose and bump it with more if I find it to not be strong enough?

True, sometimes thinking what Hunter S. would do is a good way of deciding how NOT to behave. What I would do is eat half dry, than later if the trip isn't strong enough blend up a shake with something acidic to break up the shrooms and speed up digestion... I've heard Gatorade is good but I prefer fruit juices for vitamins and ginger to combat nausea :)

General Patton said:
True, sometimes thinking what Hunter S. would do is a good way of deciding how NOT to behave. What I would do is eat half dry, than later if the trip isn't strong enough blend up a shake with something acidic to break up the shrooms and speed up digestion... I've heard Gatorade is good but I prefer fruit juices for vitamins and ginger to combat nausea :)

Sounds good, but would eating the other half dry have similar results? I ask only because I really can't make a shroom shake while out on a hike. :p

S2K said:
Sounds good, but would eating the other half dry have similar results? I ask only because I really can't make a shroom shake while out on a hike. :p

Sure, but a quick soak in some orange juice would similarly help absorption as well as be tasty.

i have a little dillema ... i'm gonna get abot ~100g of fresh cubensis mushies and since i've never done em before and don't know a lot of ppl who did i was wondering about a adequate dosage
i did some reasearch but results were inconclusive
some places sed 25gr is an optimal dosage
but i found ppl who sed up to 45gr just to trip strongly...
what would be a ok dosage for a pretty strong trip in your exp?
and...would dried mushies be better than fresh?

thx

10 grams fresh mushies = 1g dried iirc

I'm not really sure though since when I ate fresh mushies I was in a field picking them with friends and we just ate as we went and started tripping (not recommended).

so if its your first time eating mushies I'd eat 20 grams fresh (actually I'd dry the mushrooms out to a crisp (without heat) then eat 2g dried).

^ I have some dried ones left over from last season.

Just had some now (again, for an odd reason).
I like to grind them up into powder and then put them in a rizla with a little ground up ginger in the wrap for tummy aid.

Not sure how many I've had... small dose I'd imagine. I just want the body feelings tonight so I can sleep lol... waking up with visuals is a bonus really.

Amazonian p.cubensis

Can anybody give me some information on whether the Amazonian p.cubensis is in fact indigenous to the Amazon?

I have tried looking everywhere but i cant really find any information as to the origins of this species.

thanks in advance,

[LSD subthread] - Storage

Hello, i wanna ask a simple question.
I have a few blotters kept in a dark place and covered with tinfoil. They lied there for about 9 months now and my friend is gonna take one of them (never done it before). I have no idea how much those blotters degraded so maybe my freind needs more than one. How long should he wait after consuming first blotter for the come-up? I mean, when he can safely consume another blotter if first one wasn't enough? T+1, T+1.5?

Last edited by a moderator:
The blotters shouldn't have degraded much at all, but if you feel he needs 2 just give him 2. Splitting up your acid dose is just a waste IMO.

^ Probably hasn't degraded much considering the storage method. But if you're unsure of potency you could re-dose an hour and a half later after you feel the initial effects, you should be able to gauge if you need more or not (this is what I usually do).

Merged in a question about Amazonian P. cubensis's origins.

Immortal Teknique said:
Psilocybin/Psilocin/Baeocystin/Norbaeocystin are all produced up until the veil breaks, after that the mushroom will not gain potency. So yes, by weight i would say the smaller mushrooms that still have a veil intact or one tjay has just opened would be more potent.

I have found this anyway....

I have got to agree on this. I have eaten 3g of larger, dried cubes before, had a nice level 3...easy as pie, and fun.

Another time I had ~2.3g dried, of some fresh, small, young ones I picked myself, dried them and ate them the next day....I got kicked into a high level 4 that caught me completely off guard....=D

I pick my own, and the small ones that have just opened, kick my ass so exquisitely <3 with just 2 to 2.5g of dried....