Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, quick question, might sound dumb. Can you pick mushrooms are night? Is it ideal to pick during the day? (obviously aside from being able to see them more easily)

After hunting over the weekend, my girl and I spotted these things in a garden bed.

Freaky stuff, looked like it was going to eat my face.

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

Sorry guys, I just reread my comment with fresh eyes, intended black humour was totally cancelled out by CAPITALS.

Busy.Stressed. :!

<3

I love('d) psychedelics... I discovered them when I went to Peru! Ayahuasca and DMT were my drugs of choice... I heard to many horror stories regarding mushies, so I never went down that particular path...

Nah man, Just make sure you have a safe person, research your doses...Same as DMT really. I've done DMT...Scary and fantastic and awe-inspiring. Like someone rolled the universe up into my cone piece and then fired it into my brain.

Research was done on Psilocin mushies and the majority of people after the trip said it was the single most significant spiritual event they had ever experienced.

Like everything, do your research first. If you've just heard peoples reactions, well it affects everyone differently. I think you personally will find value in mushies AND they're arent as hard to obtain as Ayahuasca preparation OR DMT. Well in Adelaide it's hard to find. SWIM has attempted to extract from Phalaris grass. Not enough content in the grass BUT I could smell it at the final stage.

Thanks Dm, guess could be possible cause identical in every way.....Unfortunately the bin wants em more than me

I'm calling bullshit right now. I'm wondering if he has a pet cow. A pet cow that lives in an acclimatised green house for the warmer temperatures NECESSARY for cubes.

Ok, pics of cows wihtin a greenhouse propagating P. Cubensis.

Fuck that sounds ridiculous.

SoWhat! Awesome vid dude!!

Maybe if i can be bothered next weekend while i go picking i might make a vid :D

How is SE QLD doing? Im looking at going for my first farm sometime soon if they are still around.

Guys, quick question, might sound dumb. Can you pick mushrooms are night? Is it ideal to pick during the day? (obviously aside from being able to see them more easily)

You sure can pick at night! I would! But im a little worried ill get attacked by a weirdo at night - my husband isn't keen on me attempting it. I recommend a head torch, a decent bright one. But yeah they don't close up and go to sleep at night, you will still find them :)

Let us know how ya go! And be careful.... a flash torch might also draw more attention maybe, but also just be careful of any weirdos :\

i have a giant jizz stain on my pants after today... smoke-o, me and a friend, 20minutes. wow. 5 days ago, we found 2, and a few pins, today, we found heaps, 2 beanies full actually. best 20min i reckon i could have spent in awhile
i cant wait to hit my other patches this weekend, im so damned keen im thinking about a RDO/sickie on friday!

Anyone? :/

Id say 3 days to a couple of weeks - all depending on the weather conditions.

The mushroom you picked may not necessarily re-grow i don't think... (this is where my knowledge is a bit strained ) but from where the shroom you picked dropped it's spores, then yeah ...3 -7 or even 3 - 14 days.

I say if there has been cold, rain and some sun then yeah - from when you went picking if you go in about 3-5 days time there should be some more that have popped up.

If i am incorrect anyone feel free to correct me and if possible provide links to your info as i am really keen to learn more about this myself if required.

Last edited:
all depending on the weather conditions

I always just focus on the weather. This year I picked after the first rains followed by a cold snap about a week into April, and then again on the weekend just past after repeat of the same conditions.

If I had to guess at temps, I would say that the best conditions are a good rain, followed by a few days where the overnight temps get below about 7-8° with days below around 14-15°.

Whenever these conditions are present, you can find subs in my experience.

I'm not sure about ^^ the spores, I've always thought spores that have fallen on the right substrate will create a network of mycelium from which the fungi will fruit. So while the propagation of spores is the beginning, time is a large factor in the process. I think?!?

I would also like to have clarification on the issue - it's really interesting!!

I also think that after a few years picking, you just "know" or intuit that there will be shrooms in your spots.

The first time of the year when I can really see my breath is always a good moment for me ;)

i find that a week after the first frost is where seasons first at. this year, i was spot on, 7days and today i got my first real pickings.

as for re-growth of the mushrooms, i head back to a patch every 2-3 days, and i have good luck, but i leave all pins or young-in's [mushrooms under 1.5"] and they've usually grown by then.
keep your patch healthy [dont litter], watch where you tread, wear softer soled shoes like runners instead of boots so you dont tear a path through a patch.
if your not cutting the shroom from the base, pinch and snap it, id like to think by doing this you dont disturb the mycelium below, and regrowth will come back more quickly. im only presuming though, iv got no science behind me.

and my quick tip for pinchers, grow your thumb nail a couple mm's for season, works a treat for me. doesnt mean you cant clean it though ;) lol

oh while im at it, what good mushroom movies or doco's are there? tripping movies?
iv got about 100gig to download left in the next 36hours before the end of the month.

Download the movie - Shroomz.

It's a dark twisted thriller about a group of friends that all camp out together in an Ireland forest and go mushroom picking and then consume them. It's awesome! Has a great twist in the end.

got it lol... i should say, iv had real broadband when i moved into the new house, with 500g a month, iv got alot of movies up my sleeve...

i was a good movie, predictable, but still a good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.