Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SoWhat, that gives me a much better idea on what to look for.

It's good to see another reincarnation of Immortal Tek, thanks for the pics and short video mate ;)

That is some classic SE Melb substrate right there.

Great video Sowhat, excellent specimens. You mentioned you have never found any subs growing in grass. I'm in SA and find most of my patches hidden in clumps of grass, obvioucly with decaying wood underneath, just a thought.

Also, you said you don't pick any more, is there a specific reason for this, eg. had enough experiences with psilocybin to stop? Just interested.

Cheers

230867_10150176588137471_650412470_7347367_4169789_n.jpg

adelaide hills
today
:D :D :D

just counted, theres bout 50 there :D :D :D enough for 3-4 decent dose trips. can't wait til they are dry :)

P.S. (beat u to the photo op sexxy mistee) :D

Dude, nice find...I am so frustrated right now. No patches in Adelaide that I can find cause I'm new to this, I have the right locations/conditions for them to grow...but it seems everywhere I go...bloody KANGAROOS are eating them first and then vomiting them up....I see lots of patches of spew with what looks like material that could be subs.

I really need some help, I dont want to buy them because they wont be super fresh and I dont want to cheat that way but I desperately want some of this knowledge (on how to find/where to find) everyone keeps saying to pass down to younger generations...even old patches that maybe dont produce many...I want to have mushrooms for spiritual reasons so my requirement would be minimal. I also have a high metabolism so the effects I assume would come on very quickly.

I especially dont want to miss out this season because most arent aware that these next 5 months may be the last we get to experience as life as we know it.

I am trying to elevate to a higher dimension in order to make contact with benevolent beings. I know it can be done.

^many of the patches in Adelaide area wouldn't even be fruiting yet. There are still plenty of rural area's in Vic that wont fruit for the next week or more so don't give up just yet. Bush patches tend to come up well after garden beds patches where the mycelium is mush more abundant. Keep at it over the next few months and you're sure to have some great finds. Persistence is the key

You mention garden beds...

I live in the Western suburbs close to the beach. Am I wasting my partners time telling her to look here?

I'm doing the hills trekking, she's doing the local...BUT I just, and I have really read a lot of stuff on shroomery.org, don't precisely know all the factors like salinity levels in soils and the like.

It would be nice if a mycologist could contact/PM me and take me out for a trip just to give me an idea of what I am looking for, other factors too that are only learned through experience.

It's literally like someone saying 'It's long, silver, pointy, found in haystacks...now go find one'

Someone also has been picking at the patch I found and has destroyed it a little :<

A few other patches I checked had pretty much zero subs, a few pins here and there but nothing substantial. Weird because it had been raining all week.

Gona have to get in there early next weekend >:)

Great video Sowhat, excellent specimens. You mentioned you have never found any subs growing in grass. I'm in SA and find most of my patches hidden in clumps of grass, obvioucly with decaying wood underneath, just a thought.

Also, you said you don't pick any more, is there a specific reason for this, eg. had enough experiences with psilocybin to stop? Just interested.

Cheers

Obviously grass with decaying wood under it is a different story, however the grass in the vid was growing direct from soil and i've never seen a sub grow out of soil before.

I don't eat them anymore because i've tripped enough in the past 7 years to last me a life time. Thats a semi-lie, i'll trip maybe 2-3 times a year tops, but when i do its on for young and old. None of this 2-3g bullshit, more like 6-7g with DMT in the mix.

%)

True true.

Shitballs, how do you handle that kinda dose, do you have some sort of structure to your trips or do you just throw yourself in the deep end and thrash your arms around.

I recently had my second trip, on 4 dried grams of Amazonian home-grown cubies, fucked me up no end. Held my shit together, but it came on after 15 mins and between the 1-2 hours mark I vommed and was shivering in a ball. I luckily have a strong enough mind not to freak out. I did learn some very useful lessons from this trip but fuck was it hard.

Could I be a sensitive pansy or is there another reason???

Some pics: subs from my sunday hunt in the Adeliade hills and last years home grown cubies.

Attachments

• subies.jpg
    subies.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 71
  • cubies.jpg
    cubies.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 68
ShroomAssassin,

Last year was my first season, and as I mentioned before was lucky enough to receive guidance. However, the best information that I can give you on this forum for the Adelaide Hills is look for creeks that run through areas with low vegetation (such as grass, ferns, acacias), bordered by either euc or pine forests.

Even though we have had some decent rain and chill, we need more for ongoing flushes. You still may find some juvie and dried out old fellas, but most of my oldies had maggots. I say check it out anyway!!!!

Walk along the creeks edge up and back targeting areas with underlying decaying wood, prefereably places were the moisture can get caught and slide down to the ground.

I never have to venture too deep from the roadside, still unfortunately in earshot of cars, making a little foray meditation annoyingly difficult. As psilo said persistence is the definately the key!!

Unfortunately I cannot give away specific locations, but hopefully I see you around. Peace

This is from the weekend past, which was the second flush for my patch.

Last edited:
How long does it roughly take for the shrooms to regrow after being picked?

I ask because my patch is a good 2 hours away and isn't all that huge.

Funny SoWhat I have seen shrooms growing in soil before, always tended to be on the outskirts of a woodchipped garden bed that had subs on it but yeah, I have noticed this happen semi regularly at a couple of my patches over the years.

Stop posting photos :( I'm getting depressed lol

Im starting to think my patches have been destroyed :( Surely they would be blooming by now

Funny SoWhat I have seen shrooms growing in soil before, always tended to be on the outskirts of a woodchipped garden bed that had subs on it but yeah, I have noticed this happen semi regularly at a couple of my patches over the years.

Well i'd hazard a guess that being in the vicinity of woodchips meant that some decaying wood was present in the soil. They simply dont grow out of plain soil, im sorry.

True true.

Shitballs, how do you handle that kinda dose, do you have some sort of structure to your trips or do you just throw yourself in the deep end and thrash your arms around.

I recently had my second trip, on 4 dried grams of Amazonian home-grown cubies, fucked me up no end. Held my shit together, but it came on after 15 mins and between the 1-2 hours mark I vommed and was shivering in a ball. I luckily have a strong enough mind not to freak out. I did learn some very useful lessons from this trip but fuck was it hard.

Could I be a sensitive pansy or is there another reason???

Basically i've had my years of partying with them, using them for recreation etc. These days its all about exploration for me. Don't get me wrong, its fucking intense! But im one to enjoy that kind of thing, with most psychedelics i like to push the boundaries. I don't enjoy being "kinda there", i want to throw myself into the thick of it and see how far i can go. I know myself well enough that i can handle it however some people just aren't made for high doses. I've seen what can happen when these people try and its a fucking disaster to say the least.

I wouldn't say your sensitive or a "pansy" at all. Everyone is different and everyone is looking for different things out of psychedelic experiences. It used to be all about fun for me but now it has a bit of a deeper meaning. I do know that respect must be given to every trip because even on small doses, mushrooms will chew you up and spit you out if you aren't in the right headspace.

Basically i've had my years of partying with them, using them for recreation etc. These days its all about exploration for me. Don't get me wrong, its fucking intense! But im one to enjoy that kind of thing, with most psychedelics i like to push the boundaries. I don't enjoy being "kinda there", i want to throw myself into the thick of it and see how far i can go. I know myself well enough that i can handle it however some people just aren't made for high doses. I've seen what can happen when these people try and its a fucking disaster to say the least.

I wouldn't say your sensitive or a "pansy" at all. Everyone is different and everyone is looking for different things out of psychedelic experiences. It used to be all about fun for me but now it has a bit of a deeper meaning. I do know that respect must be given to every trip because even on small doses, mushrooms will chew you up and spit you out if you aren't in the right headspace.

I agree SoWhat, the old cliché of set and setting will always be true. I just use them for guidance, but at the same time I can appreciate they are capable of being a whole lot of fun, or hell!

I think both my experiences were with moderate doses for a newbie, I am thinking of starting with 2gs next trip and going from there. Is it true that fast metabolism will intensify the trip, but decrease the duration?

It would make sense, hence my comment about metabolism earlier. It goes the same with most foods we (people with a high metabolism) eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.