Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
fark it was years ago, a mate gave me a spore print (on a metcard lol mad ghetto), so cant remember to variety.
i used PF tek, vermiculite and brown rice - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PF_Tek

i experimented with shit like bird seed and what not and had mad results, but anything experimental went moldy as i had no pressure cooker, just boiled in a pot with a lid.

this was with PF tek:

IMG_2194.jpg

sorry to go off topic slightly :)

i went up to my spot on thursday morning and the weather has been probably a tad too dry and warm, but i still struck luckk :) ended up getting a nice 20-30 odd, when i find my SD card adapter ill upload them... :)
adelaides season has definately kicked off :)

Sweet as misk,

I may have to give that a try one year :p

Is there a difference in potency between home grown and outdoor ?

i went up to my spot on thursday morning and the weather has been probably a tad too dry and warm, but i still struck luckk :) ended up getting a nice 20-30 odd, when i find my SD card adapter ill upload them... :)
adelaides season has definately kicked off :)

nice work

im headed to phuket for two weeks. when i get back im hoping the rains have basted adelaide and i can hit my spots up and get a decent yield.

i just had a sneaky line of some 2cb that my older cousin just gave us (he said it was 2cb and i tested it it went bright yellow then very green (he said hes had it for years)) could be another 2c but i trust him. took low dose for now 10-12mg good so far.........

well yesterday, i went for walk, and my usual spot was a little dry and in need of rain [its raining right now :)], and i found a couple handfuls, but i also found a pair of yellow 'rabbit brand' scissors!
i left them in an obvious spot for the next picker. i love the idea of a communal pair of scissors.

i also found a pair of pink with black lacy nickers hanging on a tree... that made me laugh.

so, i went picking with the intention to try and spore print a few. pretty simple, but i used little 100ml clip seal containers, with a sheet of foil sitting in the bottom, all rubbed with alcohol to sterilize [about 10 of them].
i put a pin the the top of the mushroom, snipped it off just under the cap, and placed it into the container on the foil, and clipped it up. when i got home i brushed a little water on the cap to stop them drying and encourage them to keep dropping spores.
that was yesterday, and iv been drinking at the in-laws so ill check them later tonight

Last edited:
Going for a hike today to see if I can find my own network. Given the recent warm weather I fear I may be out of luck, but it rained last night and is coldish today so who knows, I may get lucky.

Im planning to go for a hunt next weekend. Forecast says there will be a couple of showers over monday to wednsday. Im just wondering how long do mushrooms usually stick around before completely dying and shrivelling away?

Im just wondering how long do mushrooms usually stick around before completely dying and shrivelling away?

It really depends on the environment. Mushrooms that grow in a lower/wetter area will last longer because they'll continue to be nourished even without rain. This is also true of a patch that is covered by a canopy of trees - if they're out of the sun they take longer to dry out.

There are a lot of factors involved.

Even if you have perfect conditions, you might get to your patch only to discover that it has been pillaged anyway - next weekend should be alright for a hunt, but the week (starting monday-tuesday) after looks better ;)

Thanks. Im going hunting in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney temps are between 5-12 this week.

In that case ^^^^ next weekend should be good, I'd think. Everything I say is based upon experience in Vic, but if you have had decent rain by next weekend, those temperatures look good!

Good luck man!

Going for a hike today to see if I can find my own network. Given the recent warm weather I fear I may be out of luck, but it rained last night and is coldish today so who knows, I may get lucky.

Got some, unfortunately they are similar coloured BUT showing no signs of blue or blue streaks....ffs. Frustrated.

Anyone here from Adelaide wanna take me out this season some time, please pm me. I got a few tips and they seemed on the mark, now I have shrooms that are almost identical but as mentioned...NO BLUE.

Damn, have to say, seeing a pine tree falling in the distance, and the large amount of orb-weaver spiders, Nature can be quite intimidating. The Mrs. and eldest son had fun though, but their eyes were certainly not fixed just on the ground after that.

[snip] National Park photos
NSFW:
Psilocybe_subaeruginosa_b.jpg

Mine look similar BUT

So do these
Galerina_marginata_61108.jpg

Seriously...

But, given absolutely no blueing even after an hour or two...I'd say Gallerina Marginata...FUDGE. I hope all are enjoying the entertainment. Hehe. Maybe need colder weather. Or I need to go south rather than north at this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be willing to take you out if you have been around the board a lot longer yo.
Join date Mar/11 and only 16posts.

Ask me again next season :)

iv seen allot of similar non-actives growing in my spots this season too, and i can just see a noob coming along and eating the wrong one.
the caps are similar color with a pale center, stems are thinner, darker and hollow. they also don't bruise. the gills are also darker, and the pattern is diffent

i'd be willing to take you out if you have been around the board a lot longer yo.
Join date Mar/11 and only 16posts.

Ask me again next season :)

I'm disappointed man, I just want to learn and experience (Along with teaching my 7yr old, and partner, who would most certainly accompany me on any field trip so they too can learn). Given today is the first time I've learned about possible look alikes, then this is not something you can just read a few posts and go out and start picking. One over excited younger mind and.....'Earn their stripes' isn't really the greatest attitude to have and it may get someone less mature than myself in to a world of trouble.

As far as I can tell you can only truly learn by being with someone experienced...and I guess knowledge like that is sensitive, even though it seems all claim to wanna 'share the knowledge'.

We all, also, may not truly have another season, so I'm kind of desperate.

the knowledge is always shared in this forum. But the trust has to be earned first. Maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe i'm not. but yeah like i said, 17post count is really not enough :)

In that case ^^^^ next weekend should be good, I'd think. Everything I say is based upon experience in Vic, but if you have had decent rain by next weekend, those temperatures look good!

Good luck man!
Cheers mate. I'll post up any finds I may come across :)

^ also check out shroomery.org. Wealth of knowledge there :)

Yep, been there, done that. Thanks.

What I'm looking for is a practical lesson, in the field, so for the rest of the season, I know where and what to look out for. I already have a fair idea thanks to a member here, but I am after more experience in less time. I understand that some feel this should be gained from learning yourself, but I'm 27, my partner is 24, I have 3 children (boys) 7yrs, 5yrs and a 17 month old, and time is running out to try and learn something so I can experience this without making a purchase.

I could elaborate on why I am desperate, and the evidence I have is unquestionable BUT this is knowledge I have and I have to be careful who I tell and what forums I share this info on.

Status
Not open for further replies.