Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Most Disturbing Movie(s)?

crackpot
I'm a cult film freak ill check it sum time deff sounds cool,
Nails and
tetsuo the iron man is some of my favs
blue velvet is also sick, David lunch at it's best...

Last disturbing film I saw was Hereditary. Psychological witchcraft occultist stuff. The atmosphere of the movie is dark &creepy. Some of the scenes are very unsettling.

Last disturbing film I saw was Hereditary. Psychological witchcraft occultist stuff. The atmosphere of the movie is dark &creepy. Some of the scenes are very unsettling.
I can also agree with this, totally. There were some scenes that made me look away and that's something for a movie to make me do. I was kinda disappointed when the directors latest movie came out, Midsommar. I could'nt relate to the characters in the same sense I could with Hereditary characters. It's kind of odd really, the (main) characters in Midsommar were the in the same ballpark with their age and social status as me but they were so shallow - compared to hereditary.
Even the mushroom trip was really meh, I was hoping longer scene with spooky elements but no. I don't know why they kept that scene so pointless... :/ the whole story was really unexplored...
but hey, if you haven't watched it yet I still recommend it, much better than your usual "horror" movies.

I can also agree with this, totally. There were some scenes that made me look away and that's something for a movie to make me do. I was kinda disappointed when the directors latest movie came out, Midsommar. I could'nt relate to the characters in the same sense I could with Hereditary characters. It's kind of odd really, the (main) characters in Midsommar were the in the same ballpark with their age and social status as me but they were so shallow - compared to hereditary.
Even the mushroom trip was really meh, I was hoping longer scene with spooky elements but no. I don't know why they kept that scene so pointless... :/ the whole story was really unexplored...
but hey, if you haven't watched it yet I still recommend it, much better than your usual "horror" movies.

The group who showed up to Midsommar were dumb dumbs. They immediately began consuming random drugs from a bag offered to them by a stranger as soon as they got there. Moral of the story is bad decisions over and over again lead you to being sacrificed.
Actually it might be a deeper meaning about how copious amounts of hallucinogens dumb you down. They were led right to the slaughter high as fuck. I just changed my mind. It's worth a watch.

I'm going to watch Green Inferno again because I can't really remember it from years back when it first came out. These movies with different rituals in them are interesting because I do believe they expose certain things going on these days.

Last edited:
Yea that scene when the protagonist was hovering, banging her head on the attic door creeped me tf out. The decapitated child with her decayed head being eaten by ants shocked Me. Definitely one of the most obscene imagery I've seen on film. The emotional-psychological atmosphere evoked was that of a high dose DXM trip: steadily, eerily terrifying but calmly dreadful. I feel like the movie is underrated.

I haven't heard of midsommars. Im going to read some reviews even though I take your word for it

The group who showed up to Midsommar were dumb dumbs. They immediately began consuming random drugs from a bag offered to them by a stranger as soon as they got there. Moral of the story is bad decisions over and over again lead you to being sacrificed.
Actually it might be a deeper meaning about how copious amounts of hallucinogens dumb you down. They were led right to the slaughter high as fuck. I just changed my mind. It's worth a watch.

I'm going to watch Green Inferno again because I can't really remember it from years back when it first came out. These movies with different rituals in them are interesting because I do believe they expose certain things going on these days.

I found the drug thing dumb, too. I'd NEVER take something if I didn't know exactly what it was. I wouldn't even take a drug without researching it first. Same with any meds I'm prescribed. I wanna be as informed as possible. Then again I wouldn't take hallucinogens, period. I can't imagine hallucinating to ever be a pleasant experience.

I did think the scene where
the old man commits suicide by throwing himself off the cliff and his head splitting open on that rock
was the most realistic and unflinching scene of violence - without the camera ever cutting away - since the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible.

I found the drug thing dumb, too. I'd NEVER take something if I didn't know exactly what it was. I wouldn't even take a drug without researching it first. Same with any meds I'm prescribed. I wanna be as informed as possible. Then again I wouldn't take hallucinogens, period. I can't imagine hallucinating to ever be a pleasant experience.

I did think the scene where
the old man commits suicide by throwing himself off the cliff and his head splitting open on that rock
was the most realistic and unflinching scene of violence - without the camera ever cutting away - since the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible.

Yes, I'm very anal when it comes to checking out drugs before taking them. There's really no excuse for just accepting anything. You can easily do a search on pills these days.

Oh yeah! Shit got real when that happened at the festival. That's exactly when I would have left. They were so trapped. Gotta be careful what you're getting into.

Yes, I'm very anal when it comes to checking out drugs before taking them. There's really no excuse for just accepting anything. You can easily do a search on pills these days.

Oh yeah! Shit got real when that happened at the festival. That's exactly when I would have left. They were so trapped. Gotta be careful what you're getting into.

To add on about the hallucinogens: When I discovered more things, there is a common theme that LSD is a major tool of the darker forces. They even put it in people's drinks unknowingly. It helps them to be able to manipulate and control people. Think about how LSD was constantly given to the Manson Family so they could murder people. I would never take that shit.

The group that attended the festival in Midsommar were constantly drinking some liquid at every meal that was a hallucinogen. Their defenses were weakened and we know what happened in the end.

A friend of mine gets high watches Eraserhead for fun and I worry about her sometimes.

It takes a lot to disturb me but the Cube series freaked me the fuck out. Especially the 2nd film. Just so claustrophobic and a thorough psychedelic mindfuck. The early 2000s special effects make it extra creepy.

When Justin Long starts fucking the one chick in the zero gravity accelerated time room in the 2nd movie and they both die of old age and become stiff mummies floating around the room inside each other...I was too high for that.

Last edited:
A couple of Korean movies like "I Saw The Devil" and the "Art of Black Magic 1-2", there was another by the name of "Itchi The Killer", not sure if that is also Korean or Japanese.