• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

How about effectiveness with oral administration?

Say 30mg in a cap were to be taken... what would that be comparable to nasally?

Erowid reports on dosage:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methoxetamine/methoxetamine_dose.shtml

Methoxetamine
Dose
by Erowid
DOSAGE DESCRIPTION #
Caution : Dose information should not be taken as recommendations. [see below]
Methoxetamine Dosages

Insufflated
( very tentative )
Threshold 5 - 20 mg
Light 10 - 50 mg
Common 20 - 60 mg
Strong 25 - 100+ mg

Methoxetamine Dosages
Oral
( very tentative )
Threshold 8 - 20 mg
Light 10 - 30 mg
Common 40 - 60 mg
Strong 50 - 100+ mg

Methoxetamine Dosages
Sublingual / Buccal
( very tentative )

Threshold 5 - 10 mg
Light 8 - 25 mg
Common 15 - 50 mg
Strong 40 - 100+ mg

Doses reported by different users vary by a large amount, with some users reporting very strong effects from 50mg insufflated (heavy motor impairment, out of body experiences, etc), while others report 50mg insufflated causes much lighter effects (able to walk around mostly unimpaired, able to carry on lucid conversations, etc).

Many users find themselves taking two or more doses in a session/day.

Methoxetamine is a dissociative ketamine analog. It is most often found in powder form that is taken nasally, orally, injected intramuscalarly (IM), or used sublingually/buccaly. We have received two descriptions that sublingual is more potent than insufflated/intranasal, which is unusual for a drug, so we have updated the dosages to increase insufflated dosages, but this is all very tentative.

A number of reports indicate that oral dosages are similar to insufflated and buccal. Oral dosages for most drugs are normally higher (requiring more material to achieve the same effect), so this is an unusual result that will need to be confirmed over time and a larger number of uses.

Taken from the DF wiki:
Oral

Light 10-30mg
Common 40-60mg
Strong 50-100mg

First effects: ~5 min
Peak begins: 20-40 mins
Peak lasts 2-4 hours
After effects 4-8 hours

Oral consumption of methoxetamine can be acheived by either allowing it to dissolve under the tounge, or swallowing. The onset is much slower and smoother making it ideal for inexperienced users and the nausea is minimal. The taste however is unpleseant.

Insufflation/Intranasal

Snorting is reported to be easy, with minimal discomfort.

Light 10-20mg
Common 20-50mg
Strong 50-90mg

First effects: ~10 min
Peak begins: 20-25 mins
Peak lasts 1.5-2 hours
After effects 1-2 hours

The duration, especially the after effects, or 'comedown' will lengthen as the dose increases. The after effects are similar to the main effects, just lessening in intensity as time goes on. The length of this period can be uncomfortable for some.

No hangover effects reported

Rectal

Light 5-10mg
Common 25-40mg
Strong 40-70mg

First effects: ~2 min
Peak begins: 5-10 mins
Peak lasts 1.0-2 hours
After effects several hours

Plugging methoxetamine produces very quick onset coupled with a fast descent into dissociation at mid to high doses which could prove overwhelming to inexperienced users. It is also easy to accidently dose to high so starting with lower than usual dosage is advisable.

Achieving total dissociation is easier through this ROA than with oral or insufflation but considerably more nausea may be experienced.

Also methoxetamine has a reputation for not dissolving in water very well. Usually it will dissolve very slowly if stirred, although some have found it impossible with some batches

Intramuscular

Light 5-10mg
Common 10-20mg
Strong 20-40mg

First effects: ~5 min
Peak begins: 5-10 mins
Peak lasts 1.0-2 hours
After effects 1-2 hour

Less hangover than, say, ketamine, but tolerance builds up fast. Effects are cumulative when doses are repeated. Repeated dosing too quickly (say, in less than 1.5 hours) can result in anxiety and discomfort.

Try some google :)

Agreed. Perhaps the mucous tissue is thinner sublingually than intranasally but there is a much bigger unavoidable factor of 'body fluid dilution' in the mouth.
However, with exceedingly hydrophobic drugs the nasal membrane seems less likely to absord much while sublingually there might be less of a problem. I can't quite explain how aqueous saliva helps absorb hydrophobic compounds but consider how most benzo's that are hydrophobic work amazingly sublingually while insufflation is often recommended against. Even if it is bound to end up as drip anyway, eventually functioning orally.
MXE doesn't seem nearly as non-polar, but I think this does put in perspective that nasal and sublingual may not have fixed priorities?

That's interesting...maybe this also has something to do with differences in NBOMes taken nasally vs. buccal/sublingual? Reports of snorting NBOMes seem to have a huge amount of variance in dosages, but NBOMe blotters are more consistent in effects from what I've read (factoring out all of the issues with blotters being laid unevenly etc).

Sorry, I have no idea about NBOMe's - couldn't compare log D of that to log D of benzo's.
NBOMe's may be more ionizable? I mean: benzo's are pretty crappy for absorption but NBOMe compounds are rather similar to their 2C-X counterparts which are water soluble. That is probably why NBOMe's can get across in the nose where benzo's are a bit hopeless. At least half of the molecule can lend some 'grip'. The secondary amine is not as likely to be protonated as the primary amine of the 2C-X but it is still a feasible target so to speak.
MXE is similar to ketamine so even though water solubility may not be ideal, it is still 'pretty good'. Not nearly bad enough to suggest putting it up the nose is as pointless as with benzo's.

But yeah, extra pointers from others would be helpful as I am curious myself to getting to the bottom of this, rather than suggesting things.

i tried every RoA except IV and must say dosagewise oral is not very far behind nasal for me. if you wanna save material go for plugging or IM and i agree with a poster before, those 2 roas are nearly impossible to distinguish. very fast and psychedelic turn over of your world. nasal (especially bumped in small doses) stimulates quite a bit and lenghtens the overall experience (if you bump in 30 minutes steps until hole). oral is a slow onset but i didnt find this route a waste. you can hole with 100mg oral just like with 100mg nasal if you dont have a juggernaut tolerance.

mxe feels a slightly bit different with each roa. some ppl dont like the stimulation & mania of nasal and go for sublingual which is way smoother. some ppl like the fast psychedelic twist of worlds and go for IM or plugging. oral has a bit of all for me except the mania. its slow, smooth, yet trippy. if you goal is to safe material then go for IM & plugging since you'll need only a bout 75% of what you'd normally need to archive similar effects

If you've never tried it why are you trying to contradict someone who has literally tried every ROA, numerous times?

Anyway Erowid agrees so put that under your tongue and hold it.

No hard feelings I'm just joking.

Heh, sorry, I just thought maybe you'd made a typo or something. It's pretty unusual for a substance to have sublingual be more effective than nasal. I didn't know the same thing was true of benzos until Solipsis mentioned it.

I always found oral and intranasal to be about the same, I just don't like waiting.

i forgot to mention something about the comeup time. i found that the fast er the comeup the more you are dependent on your environment the moment you coming up. for instance, if a person is present during an IM shot my world gets twisted so fast that this person or something related to him/her will manifest in my experience in some way. same goes for an activity you do or if you watch a movie or play a game. if you shift slowly (like with bumping small doses every 30-45 minutes) it feels like as if your mind has enough time to get comfortable with each plateau and the experience will be more detached from the current set & setting resulting in a way more abstract and surreal ride.

maybe thats subjective, but if i intent to go into a really deep & surreal hole i bump 2 times 25 mg nasally about 45 minutes apart and 30 minutes after the second bump (cross eye vision and motoric skill loss already happening) i plug around 50mg (without tolerance i'd do 20 - 20 - 40) and shove myself directly into outter space. i've had more intense holes by slowing the onset that way. the all in one go (especially IM) tends to get so chaotic that you cant really let go of your surrounding fast enough to enjoy a hole without extremely cose references to current reality.

In my experience, Oral<Sublingual=Nasal. Obviously IM would be more effective than anything except IV.

I'm one of those people that has a semi-addiction to snorting things, so nasal appeals to me the most. Sublingual and oral hit quite a bit slower, which I'm not personally a fan of. Usually once I rail a line, the effects start to really kick in once you can taste the drip. The MXE drip also reminds me of cocaine in taste so that's also a plus.

i find snorting mxe a more easy way to dose but the expirience is less emersive , but sublingual seems to provide the most full spectrum/potent effects, this was a chronic administration over months, snorting just eems more fun but a waste if that makes sense

I've recently come across some MXE having never tried it before I was curious as to a few things. I have prior experience with Mushrooms (up to 4 grams), and 2cb (in pressed pill form 20mg), this time however I have the powder. I have acquired an AWS Gemini-20 milligram scale and some gelcaps for these experiments. Now to my questions;

is swallowing the gelcaps a good ROA for this?
and what would be a good starting level to get my feet wet with this substance? any advice on where to go from that initial trial would be appreciated as well. My apologies if these types of questions arise frequently.

Gel caps would be fine, but MXE doesn't taste that bad as far as these things go. My girl likes 20-40mgs in a cup of sweet milky coffee, can't even tell it's in there from the taste, the higher end of that makes her see double and she doesn't like that much and doesn't want to take it further.
If I was doing gel-caps with no tolerance, and my product was top-notch I would make three 20mg caps, take one wait an hour and a half, and take a second one if I feel like it, wait an hour or so, and take the last one if I wanted.
oh and with that scale, my I suggest caliberating it every time you weigh something, mine drifts real bad if I don't.

My way for myself (with perma tolerance), is start the night by plugging 50ish mgs, and doing 20-30mg bumps as wanted. Normally do 100-200mgs in a session, a session normally lasting at least 6 hours of dosing, and I tend to do a few sessions a month.

Thank you, quite helpful. One further question though. What exactly do you mean when you say to calibrate it? I've been putting the tray on. Tareing it then weighing the 10 gram weights it came with( which both seem to be just under 10 g)

Sure,
Press and hold the on switch till it says CAL , press and hold the on switch again till it stats flashing 10.000 at you, put on weight on. then it'll flash 20.000 at you, put the second weight on top of the first, it will then say PASS, at which point it is ready to go. You want your weights to be exactly 10grams, or maybe 10.001 if your tray is a little dirty and it doesn't really hafta be exact...(well like with MXE).

Thanks so much! Can't wait to try this out tomorrow :) after some light reading around the forum it seems that sublingual may be the roa to go with. So if I were to take the 20 mg and hold it under my tounge that would work?

Do you still have the manual? If so use that, but try turning the scale on, then pressing and holding the on switch for 5 seconds until it says CAL, then following the rest of my post above.
When you hit Tare, it just sets the weight to zero, but it doesn't balance the scale, so if it's off (which it is if your weights are weighing less than 10g) it'll weigh wrong, so you could be off by quite a bit more than you have to be.