• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

MXE Oral Dosage

I have used MXE before, the dosage being about 10-20mg sublingually. I will be receiving about 80-120mgs (depending on how much money i have) soon, and i was wondering what would be a good dose to take orally that will induce a more classic dissociative/psychedelic experience, with visuals. The erowid dosage section doesnt provide oral dosages. Don't give me a "hole" dose, just a beginner's dose for the first "strong"-ish experience. I have a little experience with K, only holed once and can barely remember, as well as a plethora of other psychedelic substances.

I'd say 25-30mg for a first time oral. I have tried MXE orally, nasally and sublingually and I like the oral experience by far.
5mg for a nice, productive mood lift
10-25mg for watching Lost or sth
30+mg for inner dreamquests

Combines wonderfully with cannabis !

without tolerance 80mg should be a pretty deep flight. for me oral its always beyond 100mg up to 150mg to reach a hole. its just not such good BA. i think even nasally is better than oral for this substance. i can hole with about 100mg nasal.

I'd say 25-30mg for a first time oral. I have tried MXE orally, nasally and sublingually and I like the oral experience by far.
5mg for a nice, productive mood lift
10-25mg for watching Lost or sth
30+mg for inner dreamquests

Combines wonderfully with cannabis !

just curious, does mxe in higher doses cause you to feel anxious or fearful like traditional psychedelics?

i've had the fear on MXE
was a low dose so i didnt go nuts....but it was enough to put me off, it has the potential to be worse than a bad acid/shrooms/whatever trip IMO because of the added "where the hell am i?" factor.
but tbh me and mexxy never really clicked...

just curious, does mxe in higher doses cause you to feel anxious or fearful like traditional psychedelics?

I've found the exact opposite to the above poster. I always find MXE much easier to handle than psychedelics, as (sounds obvious but) with dissociatives I'm too dissociated to care. With high doses emotions like "fear" and "anxiety" are just concepts I can't even begin to fathom. Emotions on the whole are just non existent.

For this reason I find MXE a lot easier to abuse than psychedelics and I can see why many people find it so addicting. I can do a decent dose of MXE and just not give a fuck about anything - whereas with traditional psychedelics I'd spend most the trip thinking about how I need to improve aspects of my life with MXE it's just "woahh this is amazing". Even with very large doses (80mg plugged) when I'm flying through space at unbelievable speed unaware I'm listening to music; that I've taken drugs or who/what/where I am it's very intense but not worrying (you can't worry if you don't exist ;) ).

Of course YMMV, I'm sure plenty of people would disagree with me, increase the dose steadily if you're worried. Good luck :)

I rarely get anxiety with MXE, although for me oral dosing increases anxiety (but that might just be because I rarely do it, mostly stick to snorting it).

Sometimes when I'm about to hole I'll worry for a minute "what if i stop breathing" or something because i'm so disconnected from my body but I usually forget about it by focusing on music. It's much different than classic psychs fear/anxiety which is more panicky and "fast" whereas everything on mXE is just slowed down and I don't give a fuck about anything.

40 mg is a good strong oral dose that will be dissociating/psychedelic but not really a hole dose. Have fun! I wisn I could use some now but I've already abused it way too much and probably won't ever use it again. I would love to find some K in the future though.

I have only gotten anxious/scared once, and that was my first time methoxetamine. I did 25mg (a bit too much for a first time, esp. when you know that that was my first dissociative)

apart from that, I'd say it's a pretty carefree ride, even at 70mg (which is the largest dose I have done). There's bound to be some initial anxiety as with other psychs, but it goes away fast for me.
I actually never get really anxious, even with 2CE/murhsrooms/... .

30-40mg with no tolerance produced very heavy, yet pleasant effects.
I have found it mildly active at 20mg, though its no the full effects.

Also I will add that oral dosing, IMO, tends to produce more visual effects that when taken nasally.

I'd Say to be safe, do an alergy test on maybe 5 mg, then dose 15mg and wait. then try higher if its your desire.
Stay safe my friends.

30-40mg with no tolerance produced very heavy, yet pleasant effects.
I have found it mildly active at 20mg, though its no the full effects.

Also I will add that oral dosing, IMO, tends to produce more visual effects that when taken nasally.

I'd Say to be safe, do an alergy test on maybe 5 mg, then dose 15mg and wait. then try higher if its your desire.
Stay safe my friends.

Indeed, tolerance doesn't build that quickly. You can even drop 10mg, wait for an hour for the effect to fully kick in, enjoy the effect for an hour, then drop 10mg more, and so on.. Until you've reached a satisfactory level. Keep in mind you may get manic. I always preweigh the total amount I want to take, to deter me from going in my fridge for more. Also best to divide the doses already, you won't want to deal with this kind of stuff after 40mg.
Anyway that's how I sometimes enjoy it, very easy to explore all different levels of the high.
Don't forget to drink a SHITload of water

I had good closed eyes visuals after snorting 30 mgs every 6 hrs on the third dose i watched real trippy dubstep videos then closed my eyes and had a wonderful time. *snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
without tolerance 80mg should be a pretty deep flight. for me oral its always beyond 100mg up to 150mg to reach a hole. its just not such good BA. i think even nasally is better than oral for this substance. i can hole with about 100mg nasal.

Just thought it's worth mentioning these are very high doses. I've never needed more than 90mg to hole with any ROA. 70mg usually suffices with oral and sublingual, though I actually find it harder to truly hole when snorting MXE as I find the stimulation is more prominent and keeps me grounded.

Although I don't find oral quite as efficient as sublingual (though it's close), I find it a lot more efficient than snorting the substance is dissociation is your goal. For me snorting provides more of the DRI (dopamine reuptake inhibitor) stimulant effects but not quite as much dissociation per dose, I'm not sure why this is but it's always been this way after numerous experiments, and a lot of other people are reporting the same.

Unlike psychedelics, dissociatives have little of "the fear" or any form of anxiety. It can happen but it's very rare, unlike psychedelics where coming in with any worries that you're not facing can lead to quite a tough experience. Just be aware though, unlike psychedelics, dissociatives aren't "relatively benign" either, they are very addictive and lead to various side-effects both physical and psychological if used frequently.

20mg is a good starter dose for oral, 30-40mg if you want to be substantially absorbed but still a good way away from holing. :)

Edit: Merged :D

MXE RoA

My dog experienced quite a bit of use with intranasally and my dog feels that that RoA leaves him too prone to redosing.

I have read that sublingually is just as effective if not better, but my dog is not favorable to that RoA.

How is the oral RoA for MXE?

Last edited:
We don't allow the use of 'SWIM' on this forum, read the rules. :) It is a myth that this would help with anything.

IIRC, the feeling was a bit different from snorting than sublingual. I liked sublingual better: smoother. Snorting it gave me more of a methylphenidate vibe, more stimulation.
Never tried oral, looking at ketamine metabolism it seems that oral administration tends to result in more N-dealkylated metabolite ('normethoxetamine'). If the effects with K translate to MXE, this would mean a more physical effect and also possibly more associated side-effects while giving less bang for buck.

Also, expect this thread to be merged into the MXE Subthread for 'Dosage and methods of administration' considering your question is about the latter.

I will wait for you to come back here though, because you are a greenlighter. Welcome here by the way. ;)

OP was fixed.

My dog really enjoys intranasally, but my dog is really curious about an oral administration as he is currently out.

Any word?

I already fixed it for you earlier, don't talk about your dog or friend or anything like that - it is all the same SWIM nonsense.

Please respect our rules. OK?

I think you've got nasal and sublingual switched around. I haven't used MXE specifically, but with most substances the way things go is oral < sublingual < nasal/plugged < IM < IV.

Agreed. Perhaps the mucous tissue is thinner sublingually than intranasally but there is a much bigger unavoidable factor of 'body fluid dilution' in the mouth.
However, with exceedingly hydrophobic drugs the nasal membrane seems less likely to absord much while sublingually there might be less of a problem. I can't quite explain how aqueous saliva helps absorb hydrophobic compounds but consider how most benzo's that are hydrophobic work amazingly sublingually while insufflation is often recommended against. Even if it is bound to end up as drip anyway, eventually functioning orally.
MXE doesn't seem nearly as non-polar, but I think this does put in perspective that nasal and sublingual may not have fixed priorities?