Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Bob Mcdougle

Greenlighter
Methoxetamine Subthread: Dosage & Methods of Administration

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy Methoxetamine thread in which to discuss dosage and methods of administration. Please direct all questions and discussion about Methoxetamine dosage and methods of administration to this thread.

[original post:]
Well, I have recently added 1g of mexy to my extensive RC collection, and have not yet had the privilige to try it. I've read a good few trip reports on it, and since I like to push things a little further than most people, I was thinking about a dose of somewhere around 100mg or maybe a little under, but probably closer to the higher end of the spectrum, as from what I have read, something like a 50mg dose seems to be somewhat more tame, and if I feel the need to bump, I nearly always over do it.

So what is your favourite dose?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I just want a mood lift and some energy I'll quite happily sit at 30mg. A hole can come on anywhere from 50-60mg+ with 100mg making it almost inevitable.

I couldn't tell you what my 'favourite' dose is because it all depends on what you're looking for at the time. I'd advise starting real low though before wading into the deep end, 10-15mg imo.

Try 20-30mg if you want to get some foretaste of what is about to come on higher doses.

Such dose is perfect for happy mood lift, energy, talking crap on the internet and getting absolutely devoted to the music you're listening. I loved doing such doses and just sitting & using computer. It was somewhat productive, too, cause I had energy to search for some new music. I like finding out about good, new or old music but I usually don't have any energy to do the whole searching and listening thing. But I loved to do that on MXE.

I usually like to take a moderate dose of such substances when, just relaxing on an evening when I don't have to get up in the morning of the next day so, so I may well try something like 30mg for that, especially because it is my first time.

But I do love to test out the limits of these RC's, as it is a kind of as hobby for me to test different doses, and finally the extremes of the substances, which may not be at all enjoyable at the time, but I glad that I have been there (much like climbing a mountain, not so much fun while doing it, but well worth the experience), so I will probably try 60mg on a friday evening after I have had a play about with it, and see how that goes from there.

First do a 50mg session so you know what you're looking at. (in doses of 15-20mg)
Then do a 100mg session. (in doses of 30-50mg)

After testing the chemical is ok that is.

I pretty much agree with these guys.

Be careful going too high. Your heart starts to go apeshit on you. You may drift in and out of consciousness. It's slightly scary so don't do too much and you won't flip out.
Your kidneys will hurt if you go a ways over 100mg also when you come down.

Make sure you have a good trained sitter just in case. You never know. Be ready it could make you do weird things. I don't have any windows in my room to fall out of or any balconies to jump from. My sitter sleeps a room away in case I have a problem.

I stay here in my room and I don't go out into public and mess with people or public while high. Other times I get high alone in the woods where there is no people. But not as high as I get at home under controlled situations. I'm not a danger to anyone, and I'm careful about being a danger to myself.

Last edited:
I checked my dose log, and I've added the most enthusiastic comments about doses in the 20-40mg range.
40-80mg: there's usually no real satisfaction reached. If there are comments, they are about bodily discomfort and confusion.
Then, in the 80-120mg range, things get interesting again. Here be them holes!
Going higher than 120mg leaves telling blanks in the comments column. Amnesia and shame, I guess.

There are exceptions to the rules, but these are the basic trends I spot.

Edit: ROA is insufflated and sublingual. My use evolved from the former to the latter.

Last edited:
My favourite dose is 0mg, administered as many times as I wish...

It always creeps from "evening habit" to "a little at work won't hurt". Problem is, it does - completely inactivates my ability to do my job, and makes me particularly stupid.

I love it dearly, but I have to let it go.

Sad times.

I like 30-50mg IM, though with some tolerance I would go up to 75mg... Though this led to occasional loss of consciousness during the peak of the experience. I ended up going to jail for 10 days and having my house (illegaly) raided by the police and all of my drugs/supplements taken when my family found me in such a state and the paramedics found needles in my pocket so I would excersize caution with super high doses.

Yeah I hear ya. You can go unconcious on this.
I had to fight it off once.

At some point, it's not OK anymore to "go with it" and you have to stand up and fight off unconsciousness. lol.
That's that scary part I was talking about. That's how you know you've come close to or did too much. Heart starts pounding like crazy and you begin to lose consciousness. You can feel it coming.

If this happens, stand up, walk it off, take nice deep breaths and breath well and grab some water and try to keep yourself aware and paying attention.

Don't just let yourself nod off into unconsciousness. You can calm yourself and ease yourself out of it, and next time, try a lower dose.

Breakthroughs are insane though I'm pretty sure your whole body experiences weird stuff when you break through. Odd breathing and heart patterns and body shaking are normal, but still don't let them make you go unconscious. Shake it off and snap out of it if you feel this happening. Go for a walk and keep yourself awake.

This can happen when you are snorting it as well.

I will be writing up a more detailed report of my experience when I'm able... But at 70+mg intramuscularly I'm not sure if any sort of mental or physical stimulation could prevent a sort of psychedelic/dissociated rush that leads to a partial loss of consciousness (as I had prior experienced) or a total disconnection from reality, as I last experienced.

Regardless of how experienced you are and how high your tolerance is, I would make sure you have a sitter or that anyone who may come across you, if you do loose consciousness will know what's up... You will be fine in about 2 hours at the longest. My breathing and heartrate were both normal AND I had done the same dose in the past and stayed conscious, but obviously quite dissociated.
Amazing chemical but there is a fine line, and in the blindness caused by my love affair with it, I crossed it and ended up in probably the worst situation imaginable. Also, this post is probably better suited for the B&D or addiction thread but owell.

Since this has quite a few responses already and MXE is quite a popular substance right now, this is now the official Dosage & Methods of Administration subthread! :)

(all doses here are sublingual, for oral, increase dose 20-30%, but expect a longer duration)
For stimulation: 5-9mg
For mood lift/light relaxation: 10-25mg
For dissociation/relaxation: 26-40mg (good for gaming/films, lets you absorb yourself in the films while not quite holing)
Hole: ~60mg+

I don't mention 41-59mg because the dose between dissociation and holing is no more enjoyable than the lower doses, and wastes more material since you're not actually holing yet.

All of those are good for me for different reasons :)

" Odd breathing and heart patterns and body shaking are normal" <--- NO, this is definitely NOT normal. It may be normal for high doses of this drug, but it is certainly not safe. How can anyone recommend taking this high of a dose and then advising to "walk it off"?

I had high hopes for this drug because I have waited a long time for RC dissociatives to come around, but the more I read about this the more dangerous it sounds. Drugs like ketamine are far safer and a sub-anesthetic dose can be multiplied by several factories to reach a (generally) safe anesthetic dose. This drug sound like there are overdose symptoms at a dose needed to reach the peak sub-anesthetic affects.

If you heart is beating abnormally and you have problems breathing, seek medical attention...

Very interested to read these reports, as I have experienced that "middle ground confusion" and hadn't realised it was common. I thought I might have been losing the magic or something...

5-15mg is like a nice glass of red wine.
25-50mg is a little more interesting - music, video games, films are all awesome.
50-80mg is the bizarre Twilight zone where I can hit confusion. Just standing there, conscious, not knowing what time it is, where I am or what I'm doing. Very difficult to snap out of although not overwhelmingly scary - just annoying.
80mg+ is breakthrough, vibrating pleasure with amazing CEVs and spiritual revelations. Just make sure you're lying down. Only annoying thing for me is that music and sound can be quite tinny and jerky, making music not as good as lower doses.

That middle ground is damn annoying though!

Are there differences (in effects) between sublingual and rectal administration ? Cause I heard that the effects aren't the same, somthing like "you can't breaktrough by snorting nor plugging but you can by sublingual"

I'd say rectal is akin to IM. The effects (of plugged and sublingual) are qualitatively the same (typical variation due to set/setting aside), but the same amount plugged leads to a faster and stronger experience. Sublingual is more drawn out and the peak not as high.

I've tried MXE at doses of 25 and 50mg (oral). The former mostly gave me a mood enhancement and extroversion, went well with smoking weed. 50mg was more of a clear-headed drunkenness, but I expected more dissociation. I'm thinking of jumping up to 100mg. Is this an alright idea?

Better not to double dosages when you're already at the higher end of the recommendations. Read on this page what happened to transitioneer on a high dose.

Going from 50mg to 100mg is quit a large step up. From my personal experience, the more dissociative/psychedelic effects of the drug become much more pronounced in doses exceeding 50mg (my preferred ROA is insufflation by the way), however this will vary from person to person. If your looking for a dissociated state, and are already familiar with the effects of the drug, I would recommend sniffing 50mg, as the experience is still fairly controllable at this dose. If this doesn't give the desired effect then titrate up with 5mg-10mg bumps at 30 minute intervals if necessary until you reach the desired state. But once again I must stress this is only from the experience of myself and my friends, I hope this helps.

I had a hard time getting 75mg to dissolve properly, or leave the typical numbness indicative of such, sublingually.
Ketamine definitely has a higher safety profile so if you're looking to dose really high, just stick to K. The longer duration of this drug makes knocking yourself unconscious when you overshoot quite inconvenient.

Rectal dosing is fairly similar to IM but it takes a bit longer to come up and isn't QUITE as strong, though it's still much more intense than SL. IVing mxe (and k for that matter) is a waste as far as I'm concerned as it's just too short in duration, and the rush - while strong, doesn't make up for the briefness of the experience. If you really want to IV, do a small shot while coming up on an IM shot. I did 35mg IM then 15mg IV, for example. Again this is mainly for those who are really into the rush of IVing; I personally would rather just shoot the whole 50mg IM.

Also I suspect when sniffing or dosing SL, one would have to do 150mg+ to experience the loss of consciousness I was getting... Not that I'm reccomending this due to my results, and also the fact that it becomes hard to enjoy amd even remember the dissociation. Hopefully I'll get my laptop back soon so I can write more comprehensively about this, as it's quite challenging to do on an itouch lol