• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

i wish you could salt it out like you do with harmine, that extraction is so much fun lol

I'm thinking of purchasing San Pedro cuttings off the internet. Seems perfectly legal in the United States, so why not? Is there a lot of scamming in this market, like the RC's, or is it less of a problem?

Mainly, I was wondering how many inches I would have to buy, for two people to trip pretty hard. I definitely want a really strong mescaline trip :)

Pretty hard? I dunno what that means to you, everyone is different. If I wanted to trip HARD, 18-24 inches would suffice. For your first time, fuck the powder. Do it the traditional way.

Yeah, I know pretty hard is a generalization, but I don't want a weak experience if I'm going to go about getting it off the internet.

How... is it best to just skin then eat the cacti, or do some sort of extraction?

Trout's Notes on San Pedro & Related Trichocereus Species: Sacred Cacti 3rd Edition.

I don't have Trout's Notes, can you please post the relevant passage and any citations given when you have a chance.

so i've done T. Bridgesii tea before, and i loved the experience... but the tea was so god awful tasting, im not sure if I could drink the same volume I did last time (one tall glass) without vomiting immediately at the mere memory of the purge i experienced previously.

a friend of mine said he had heard that if one boils the cactus juices long enough, it will eventually just be a thick gooey residue at the bottom of the pot, no longer a tea. he said that this gooey residue was then scraped, rolled into pellets, coated in sugar or sour powder, and eaten, without nausea or bad taste. has anyone else heard of this prep, or of anything similar?

^Yeah there's far better ways of consuming it than drinking that foul tea. In the early days I used to filter the tea and put it on a stainless steel electric frying pan, evaporate off the water and the residue left over I would scrape and roll into balls which I would swallow like pills.

IMO your best simple extraction is an alcohol extraction. Just google "mescaline alcohol extraction" should give you what you need. :)

Yeah, I know pretty hard is a generalization, but I don't want a weak experience if I'm going to go about getting it off the internet.

How... is it best to just skin then eat the cacti, or do some sort of extraction?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation1.shtml
Do NOT use all the white shit in the middle.

The tea is extremely bitter. but it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. fuckin pansies. :D just look at it as part of the process. get in touch with your inner cacti.

Theres a place selling 12.5g of dried peruvian torch, what would be the best way to use this stuff? Only ever had shrooms and truffles which i ate, i tried this stuff years ago but didnt get anything at all. DOnt wanna get buckled just have giggle and that, any ideas?#

Sorry if this is an old question, psyches are my usual thing :)

12.5g won't do anything really, a mood lift if you're lucky.

If for whatever reason you want to go with them 12.5g is easy enough to eat, but I'd look elsewhere for higher amounts.

is gelcapping a reliable method of ingestion for all types of cactus? I bought 3 x 20g packets of dried peruvian torch from a well reknowned online source in the UK. 3 of us put all of our doses into gelcaps and swallowed but none of us got any effects whatsoever. could have making a tea been a better idea? could it have been that we took 2cc the 2 nights previous? any ideas at all?

I know you've already heard from me a lot, sorry, :D but in acid/base extractions, mescaline (an alkaloid) is extracted along with those other alkaloids, owing to their relative chemical similarity. In many teks they address this, and as there is apparently no easy way to determine the amounts of the mescaline versus the other alkaloids, you kind of have to rely on the established ratios of those alkaloids, from which you can estimate how much of each respective chemical you have.

I don't see how you cough down a foots worth of that shit.

The boiled down liquid wasn't too bad for me but I think I'll go with trying to swallow ice cubes if I ever do it again.

Bump... does anyone know if thawing the juice in the manner suggested is a Bad Thing (TM) ...?

I don't see how. Maybe the water that runs off the cactus might have some mescaline dissolved in it. If you catch all the run-off water you'll keep all the goodies.

Oh no. Mescaline is a stable, simple monoamine. It won't be affected by freeze/thaw cycles. Only things like proteins and tissue structure are affected by freeze/thaw cycles.

Freezing and thawing your juice is no problem at all.

I might get 100 grams of dried san pedro.

1. I want to take 400 - 450 mgs of mescaline, so how much should I take?

2. What's the best extraction/consumption method for dried cactus. For me best is easiest. I'm terrible at extractions and stuff, but I don't mind taste

3. How could I measure the amount of mescaline in it not knowing the potency of the cactus?

I might get 100 grams of dried san pedro.

1. I want to take 400 - 450 mgs of mescaline, so how much should I take?

Depends how much mescaline is in "x" amount of cactus. This number varies greatly between specimens; there's no way to know.

2. What's the best extraction/consumption method for dried cactus. For me best is easiest. I'm terrible at extractions and stuff, but I don't mind taste

Easiest would be a tea. Just mix up the dried, ground up cactus powder with water and a mild acid such as lemon juice for a few hours and filter the cactus powder. Drink the resulting foul tasting liquid. If you have never drank cactus tea before, you're in for a treat. ;)

Easiest way to get away from the awful tasting, nausea provoking tea is to do an alcohol extraction. Soak the powder in pure alcohol (I've used methanol), filter, soak in fresh alcohol, filter, soak in fresh alcohol again, filter again. Gather all the "pulls" and put them in a shallow pyrex pan. Put the pan somewhere that there's lots of airflow (you can use a fan in a room with a draft). The alcohol will evaporate off leaving a tar-like residue. Scrape off this residue, put it into squares of toilet paper, make parachutes, gulp down.

3. How could I measure the amount of mescaline in it not knowing the potency of the cactus?

Impossible. In order to get a somewhat accurate dose you have to do a full acid/base extraction. The resulting white powder can be put in a milligram scale to get an accurate milligram number of mescaline to be consumed.

Some of the white powder will be other cactus alkaloids other than mescaline but the majority of the powder will be mescaline.

My preferred method of acid/base for mescaline is here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=7325975&postcount=46 There's many options out there though. Do a google search for a plethora of various acid/base methods.

There's also a new Big&Dandy Mescaline Extraction Thread :)