• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Mescaline Subthread] Cacti - Dosage & Methods of Administration

Be very careful if using methanol that you evaporate everything ^^
When tar-like stuff is produced it can seem like everything is gone but there is still some
in there that can't escape and you really don't want that!!

Also, if you try to make tea from it water and cactus powder can form a slimey goo that is damn near impossible to filter. Maybe if you throw it in a blender and slush it to pulp it separates better...

A way to find out how strong your cactus powder is would be to try about 25 grams worth first and go from there. The next time you should be able to tell how much more you're aiming for.

Be very careful if using methanol that you evaporate everything ^^

Yes indeed. I make sure of this; no blindness for me thank you very much. I dry it and make sure the residue is a dry and only has some flex to it. The 3 or 4 molecules still in there aren't going to do anything.

Methanol is supposedly the best solvent in terms of extracting the alkaloids and I can get it in gallon jugs at 99.9% pure for cheap at the local hardware store. This has it's advantages over other options.

A way to find out how strong your cactus powder is would be to try about 25 grams worth first and go from there. The next time you should be able to tell how much more you're aiming for.

Yeah, this is what I've done in the past and it's a good way to determine how strong your cactus is in order to determine how much you want to take for the level of trip you desire but it's entirely subjective. If you want to know milligrams of mescaline you have to A/B.

I use isopropanol and water, then evaporate in a glass oven dish on a hotplate. The isopropanol boils off first, then the water. That way it's quite safe.
Well not entirely, an azeotrope is formed so you can't get under 12% IPA but still, if you boil the crap out of it then it's OK. Isopropanol is also not that
toxic, apparently twice so than is ethanol...
Haven't tested this product yet though, I want to make sure it's the perfect timing and I'm ready for it!

You need to use the entire circumference of the cactus to get enough material. If you cut a foot long length from a piece of a whole cactus, it will grow back in time. San Pedro grows fast too. I've grown a 6 inch cutting up to about 9 inches with spotty New York sunlight in 3 months.

So you've actually tried that method of removing just part of of a San Pedro and leaving it to regrow? It just seems that it would still leave it as open to infection as if I had totally skinned it =\
Also, how deep did you cut the section? Down to the wooden core?
Or do you just mean the top section of the cactus?

Similarity in duration and effects doesn't ensure the authentity of the substance :) However, if it's a huge gelcap and contains enough powder for a good mescaline dose (which is in hundreds of milligrams), then it could be the real thing indeed. Whichever the case, good luck on your trip :)

seriously, what worthwhile, "I read on erowid and it sounds like mescaline" shit is out that where you can eat almost a G and not die?

^um... how about mescaline itself? I have a friend that was on 750mg of mescaline when I met him. he was doing perfectly fine.

not that it's smart to take such large dosages without serious caution, but that's almost a gram, and you certainly won't die...

So you've actually tried that method of removing just part of of a San Pedro and leaving it to regrow? It just seems that it would still leave it as open to infection as if I had totally skinned it =\
Also, how deep did you cut the section? Down to the wooden core?
Or do you just mean the top section of the cactus?

no, but that is what happens... the part you cut off will scab over on the bottom, then you plant it and it will grow roots within a few weeks.

you just cut off from a branch or the top, yes. cutting the bottom makes no sense.

I think Dexter is saying that if it's not mescaline in that dose, then it's--most likely--something that's fatal in that amount (if it were to be a psych that is)

seriously, what worthwhile, "I read on erowid and it sounds like mescaline" shit is out that where you can eat almost a G and not die?
Who said it had to be pure, it could be cut with any filler to make it look like there's enough powder for it to be mescaline.

no, but that is what happens... the part you cut off will scab over on the bottom, then you plant it and it will grow roots within a few weeks.

you just cut off from a branch or the top, yes. cutting the bottom makes no sense.

But will the cactus continue to grow? Will it scab over and then continue growing from that point?
I realise that any way it will slow down the cactus grow significantly :)

hmm....

I remember reading on an old thread about mxing san pedro powder with lemon juice, balling it up, freezng the balls, and popping those like pills. Does this work? What would the pros and cons of that be?

Well the extraction process would take place in your stomache which would be not so effective, pretty nausea inducing (at least as much as just munching cactus), and it would take a lot of time to begin tripping. Though it's probably not all that different from eating semi-dry cactus plus the time to melt the balls in your belly.
The upside would be it sounds like they're relatively easy to swallow although I wouldn't make the balls too big as that might feel particularly unpleasant to slide down your esophagus, and the taste shouldn't be that nasty because you swallow right away and it's
frozen so only little taste is released.

Might be preferable to eating plain cactus but really not preferable to (even a simple) extraction.

Might be preferable to eating plain cactus but really not preferable to (even a simple) extraction.

Exactly. One time I tried doing raw cactus it was horrible. I packed the powder into a whole bunch of gelcaps and swallowed them all. It resulted in some pretty strong projectile vomiting, and a really dirty, low level trip. A simple alcohol extraction would make a world of difference.

successful san pedro recipes

I ordered 3 very healthy looking 12 inch san pedro cuttings and plan on doing whatever I can to make a heroic dose without a deeply involved extraction. So I wanted to start a post for anyone seeking san pedro recipes that have worked in a big way. Unfortunately it is impossible to know just how potent your cactus is before consuming it. However some methods have got to be more consistently potent and easier on the stomach then others. I have read some recipes from successful trip reports, most of which used tea preparations with a variety of variables. I am not a chemist. Have no interest in using toxic chemicals to extract the mescaline in my own house. That being said I'm now doing as much homework as I can to find a way to preserve as much of the alkoloids as possible and consume the most material in the least nausiating way possible. Ideas, advice, and recipes both successful and failed would be helpful and appreciated. Happy trails.http://i.bluelight.ru/s/wink.gif

All the teks i'm reading for an alcohol extraction of mescaline indicate that they soak the dried cactus powder in the alcohol for DAYS.

How long is it actually necessary?
I mean... does it really need to be 4 days?

Its Wed night, if I start an alcohol extract tomorrow, would it be ready by friday say 5pm?

If not, I'm just going to make a tea.. reduce it as much as I can.. and mix it with sparkling lemonade or something...