• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To prevent being merged I figured I would post my findings/inquiry here. Anyway I may have stumbled upon a new topic of interest here, among all topics from consumption, extraction, cooking, taste, etc. As I was saying, being aware of pesticides, possible potency issues, and Pods ws. Seeds preference...almost everything possible has been attempted during the study of these little jokers by this poppie mad scientist I know.
To the point, while down in the laboratory the other day, he was in the middle of checking this batch of left over Pod seed tea that he had in the refrigerator. Being as though he had already cooked(thank goodness) and was running low on Pod resources, he opened a batch of emergency stash to drink. While looking down into the white plastic container, he noticed floating on top of the now settled black seeds was the usually expected milky/transparent fluid. Anyway, before shaking(re-straining)the tea for possible consumption he ran across a "little treasure"8o...(Walla!!)miniscule, dead , white larva that had floated to the top of the undisturbed black seeds. Yes!! Fucking discusting, no other way to put it.
Any other peeps familiar with such? Have a pretty good idea they are in them all, maybe not grocery store, pod products. New to me but just thought I would share the info obtained. Maybe peeps should think about the temp. they make their Pod/Seed tea, or cold water extracts period, or maybe even pluggin'(just doesn't settle right with me, pluggin' worms up my ass)...atleast Quervo(alcohol) kills the worm germs. Hah! And peeps are worried about the taste!!

Sounds like you had some old seeds, friend. I had some on my spice rack I threw away because of lil white grubs in them. Had some webbing on em too ( gag )

Sounds like you had some old seeds, friend. I had some on my spice rack I threw away because of lil white grubs in them. Had some webbing on em too ( gag )

Actually I have a jar full of seeds that I accumulated from dried pods. The pods were dried but I only had them for a few days, I only seperate them for alkaloid content in pods, where the seeds only have them on the outter side. Also the seeds have a lot of unwanted oils I try to avoid during my pod extraction. You see when I run low on pods I just scoop a cup or two of seeds outta my jar as a back up resource until my next pod batch arrives to get me through the day. Even though I would have never noticed the worms, with the plain eye, normally.
So, the dealer probably does have a wholesale stock and some may be old, sure some are. But in general, the heat should kill any bad chemicals in the pods or worms. Shit worms are just extra protein! Can you imagine if you got ahold of a couple ounces of worms?!?! They live in pods fresh and are there during drying too. Kinda like the tequilla worm in the bottom of the bottle, you'd be ripped off your ass more than likely! (The whole worm idea still isn't appealing to me, the Poltergeist worm thingy keeps coming to mind).

On bugs..D you eat shrimp? Lobster? Crab? It is all about percpetion.

For a Jew, shellfish is horrid but locusts are just fine. for Hindus, locusts and shellfish are just fine but beef is akin to cannabilism. For a Chinese, drinking milk or eating cheese is absolutely disgusting but they will skin a cat and fry it live (among other things)! Here in SE ASia I have labourers who eat bats, even road kill! Seriously. So, little white worms are no biggie.

Bet if you had not eaten for 4 days you would be begging for more of them!

On bugs..D you eat shrimp? Lobster? Crab? It is all about percpetion.

For a Jew, shellfish is horrid but locusts are just fine. for Hindus, locusts and shellfish are just fine but beef is akin to cannabilism. For a Chinese, drinking milk or eating cheese is absolutely disgusting but they will skin a cat and fry it live (among other things)! Here in SE ASia I have labourers who eat bats, even road kill! Seriously. So, little white worms are no biggie.

Bet if you had not eaten for 4 days you would be begging for more of them!

Sounds right, never disagreed. But preferably, no, worms aren't at the top of my list. It's not like I'm going to go digging around in my back yard for a quick snack, umm maybe Gummy Worms;)
Not like I am just going to put my Pods aside or anything. Like I was saying, let's look to the possitive and hope they might be like "pre-harvest worms" adding some potency...and just maybe are stuffed with some good shit, or let's say the percentage that ODed and just fell asleep in there and absorbed a shit-load of opium.......dunno.....but I will assure they are down the hatch...mmm(vertually impossible to take out).

The flavor of many insects and worms is similar to shellfish like lobster and crab...

PPT of PST kinda overwhelmes the whole taste issue, they are very small worms, just wanted to make a note of discovery that was/is questionable.......wonder what a fried cat taste like??

I'm inclined to believe them freaky worm lookin' things are merely germinated seeds (happens all the time if poppy seeds soak too long), even 5 minutes can make the difference between yellowish, translucent bitter ass tea, to milky opaque sweet tea with little white poppy sprouts a'floating.

Well I am going to bank on that, hope you are right. Since they were in a seed only batch, they were slightly lighter than the seeds(so they floated) and look like possibly they could have been the perfect size for a seed sprout. It would be more logical, and the sprouts could have occured in the pod before or right after harvest....good idea.

I have a question that I haven't seen posted on BL before. Here goes:

I've recently switched vendors and notice that both of the batches I've gotten from the new person make me nauseous, which I never experienced before with the others. The only difference is the size: they're Jumbos instead of Larges, but I only use one at a time and always feel sick, whereas I used to use 4-6 of the larges and never got sick. What could be the issue? Both are sold as "Arizona Purples", so I don't understand. Am I just using too much, or could the amount of alkaloids be different enough to make me feel like crap? They're not moldy or anything, so I don't understand. Help?

I have a question that I haven't seen posted on BL before. Here goes:

I've recently switched vendors and notice that both of the batches I've gotten from the new person make me nauseous, which I never experienced before with the others. The only difference is the size: they're Jumbos instead of Larges, but I only use one at a time and always feel sick, whereas I used to use 4-6 of the larges and never got sick. What could be the issue? Both are sold as "Arizona Purples", so I don't understand. Am I just using too much, or could the amount of alkaloids be different enough to make me feel like crap? They're not moldy or anything, so I don't understand. Help?

Hey just wanted to say that the exact same thing happened to me. I used the same vendor with great success for a long time, but it was expensive. Finally I decided to change vendors because the cost was getting too high.

Well, these new pods were much cheaper than the others, the first time I used them I used only 1 pod for withdrawals and didn't get sick. The next time I used a couple to try and get high with I ended up throwing up a while later.

Somehow I kept telling myself it was a fluke and kept trying to use them but I got extremely ill and was forced to withdrawal at the same time. I dunno what was wrong with the pods, but I have to guess there were pesticides or something on them. Whatever the case, I've been terrified to try new vendors and have been wasting a lot of money because of it.

Smokable end product from pods...NEED HELP!!!

Got some questions i've been asking on the "true opium powder from poppy seeds" thread and haven't been able to get any legit answers...

I am trying to purify pod putty or tea to the extent of a potent blend of residual morphia and codia alkaloids left behind to form a smokable powder/tar substance...

1.What do you think about the use of Paraffin to de-fatten the stuff...It is supposed to engulf a bulk amount of the water insolubles such as plant sugars/fats..?(similar to petroleum ether but very inexpensive and available)

2.Is the addition of calcium hydroxide or calcium sulphate necessary or beneficial to the final product.

3.What is the solubility of morphia/codia alk's in hot water vs. cold water vs. isoprophyl alcohol??

4.I realize that ice cold water will draw out more codia alk' content when hot water ~80 degrees Celsius~ will draw out more of a morphia alk content..Is there a way to net both...ie. What if cold water is used first to get codia content out then the plant material is left and undergoes a hot water A/B extraction?

I plan to get pods soon from a local flower shop...They are bulk and pretty affordable(25 med. sized for 7.25$)

I want to use hot water to draw out morphine content...Add paraffin..Filter using coffee filter to separate water soluble liquids from bulk plant material...Then freeze the liquid solution until 2/3 of it turns to ice...The ice portion should trap some plant fats/sugars..The solution left over should be pretty pure and then evaporated on electric stove to get final product which should be a smokable tar/powder containing pretty decent ratio of psychotropic opiate/opioid alk's...

Does anyone have any process they use to get a relatively pure smokable end product??I want to be able to have more of a controlled dose+shorten duration+possible ability to sell it+smoking is fun!(jk)...

Really want some educated responses as i haven't been able to find any(edit: any>many) in other forums?

Got some questions i've been asking on the "true opium powder from poppy seeds" thread and haven't been able to get any legit answers...

I am trying to purify pod putty or tea to the extent of a potent blend of residual morphia and codia alkaloids left behind to form a smokable powder/tar substance...

1.What do you think about the use of Paraffin to de-fatten the stuff...It is supposed to engulf a bulk amount of the water insolubles such as plant sugars/fats..?(similar to petroleum ether but very inexpensive and available)

2.Is the addition of calcium hydroxide or calcium sulphate necessary or beneficial to the final product.

3.What is the solubility of morphia/codia alk's in hot water vs. cold water vs. isoprophyl alcohol??

4.I realize that ice cold water will draw out more codia alk' content when hot water ~80 degrees Celsius~ will draw out more of a morphia alk content..Is there a way to net both...ie. What if cold water is used first to get codia content out then the plant material is left and undergoes a hot water A/B extraction?

I plan to get pods soon from a local flower shop...They are bulk and pretty affordable(25 med. sized for 7.25$)

I want to use hot water to draw out morphine content...Add paraffin..Filter using coffee filter to separate water soluble liquids from bulk plant material...Then freeze the liquid solution until 2/3 of it turns to ice...The ice portion should trap some plant fats/sugars..The solution left over should be pretty pure and then evaporated on electric stove to get final product which should be a smokable tar/powder containing pretty decent ratio of psychotropic opiate/opioid alk's...

Does anyone have any process they use to get a relatively pure smokable end product??I want to be able to have more of a controlled dose+shorten duration+possible ability to sell it+smoking is fun!(jk)...

Really want some educated responses as i haven't been able to find any(edit: any>many) in other forums?

Ok to start use Calcium Carbonate AkA Calcium 600 at urr local pharmacy, to withdrawl the morphine alka., then use a more evapoative liquid such as Bacardi 151 or higher, if resulting in the highest alcho. content alchohol and evaporate on the slowest/lowest temp as possible in the oven on the lowest temp poss. BTW make sure u take all the oil filled seeds are extracted before slightly freezing (for 10 min or so) the mixture to take out the extracts before cooking. Give it a try and get back 2 me.....

I am a little confused. When or why would i be cooking it...

I would not use Bacardi...I would rather get Isoprophyl Alcohol...its like >91% and cheap as shit...I would not want to slightly freeze...I want to make 2/3 of it frozen as the good stuff stays at the bottom and plant fats/sugars theoretically get stuck in the ice..

Still want more input...

Again i am trying to get the stuff as pure as i can..smokable form

not gonna let my question(s) die!

imma be a douche and repost this so someone with intellect will stumble across this and can inform me and steer me in the right direction

Can anyone tell me how long tea will stay drinkable for? how many hours will it stay good in the fridge and not in the fridge? does it lose potency over time? thanks.

Poppy pods! Which is More Potent; Eating straight up v.s Tea? Effects on the stomach?

I have used many opioids and my favourites from a long list are morphine number one and codeine number two, but I've never had pods. I am wondering:

1). Is it more potent if u grind the pods up and eat them straight up? or
2). If you get the grinded pods and make a tea out of them?

Which out of these two methods would be more harmful on the stomach?

Status
Not open for further replies.