• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating them straight would be the more efficient way as you would get all the opiates where as with tea you might not extract it all or you might destroy some in the process. Eating them is also probably worse on the stomach lol...so it's your call on what to do.

I combine the two methods...soak the ground pods in water for 20 minutes, stir, and drink sediment-y solution. It hits faster than choking down the powder and harder than a simple tea.

As for 'harmful on the stomach', I wouldn't say either is harmful per se...there's definitely more gas/indigestion associated with the consumption of the powder, there may be some discomfort but I've certainly never felt as if I'd inflicted harm on myself afterwards.

Last edited:
I am a little confused. When or why would i be cooking it...

I would not use Bacardi...I would rather get Isoprophyl Alcohol...its like >91% and cheap as shit...I would not want to slightly freeze...I want to make 2/3 of it frozen as the good stuff stays at the bottom and plant fats/sugars theoretically get stuck in the ice..

Still want more input...

Again i am trying to get the stuff as pure as i can..smokable form

Ive been told not to use alcohol as it extracts and breaks down more of the alkaloids you don't want. All you want to be using is plain hot water and pure citric acid to adjust your PHs. The key is using enough water, if you don't use enough the water will reach its saturation point and you wont get all the alkos, ive read: 10 times the weight / volume (W/V) of water than that of the starting material but that is a very safe measure you could probably get way with 5X.

Also after your done extracting with the water for a couple of hours you wanna filter it while its as hot as possible(but not too hot, heat will destroy it) as Heat will expand all other particles in the liquid but the filter will not let them pass through, this filters almost everything except for the alkaloids and some other water soluble materials.

You can stop and evap there or you could further purify with the freezer and paraffin and even calcium.

There is an extremely detailed tek on another forum which i think is against the ruls for me to name. Try googleing "drugs forum" and it should come up, then go to the poppy sub forum and its in the stickies.

If you drink the tea you will feel effects come on much quicker, and I think that's a pretty important thing when you're talking about opiates. You'll probably feel a lot higher that way.

Eating the pod material in theory sounds good because you would think that you get all of the opiates out, but it takes your body a long time to digest them so the morphine gets released into your body slower.

Trying to ingest pods is somewhat gross (awful flavor) no matter how you do it, but I personally find drinking the tea much more plausible than trying to choke down actual pod material. I tried mixing it with yogurt once and it was pretty terrible tasting. The effects that I got were less enjoyable than if I just made tea because the come up was so long. So my recommendation: Tea all the way baby!

Tea comes on quicker, slightly less potent I guess but eating the ground up pods takes longer to come on plus gives me unbearable nausea, worse then the tea would.

Merging into the Pod Mega Thread.

whats it like eating it with yoghurt?
does it taste worse than drinking it?

... it's not nearly as bitter when you eat it with yogurt, but it's extremely chunky and unnatural feeling... it's still definitely my preferred method of consuming it... start low though! it doesn't really feel like the tea... more nauseau and 'illness', at least in my case.

also grind up the pods really well, or else it'll be pretty unpleasant as the twigs work their way through you.

make sure to get a flavored yogurt. one spoonful of poppy pods and plain yogurt and you'll probably wanna give up on this whole "getting high" business. blech...

edit... it comes on a lot slower too! so don't overeat! give yourself a fat hour or two to 'judge'. but it'll prolly increase in intensity up to hour 3.5 ... at least for me.

whats it like eating it with yoghurt?
does it taste worse than drinking it?

IME mixing pods with yogurt doesn't taste any worse than tea. I would mix 3 medium-large pod grounds (very finely ground) with 1-2 cups of yogurt. What I used to do, was take a spoonful of powder/yogurt and chase it with iced coffee (or any sweet drink...but IMO iced coffee goes extremely well with poppy pods). 3 large pods was probably about 10-12 mouthfuls of material to choke down.

I say 'choke down' because at first, it's kinda hard to swallow the yogurt gunk without getting pod material stuck in your mouth/throat. But after doing this for 2-3 days it's really easy to do AND less prep work/mess than making tea.

I liked the high, it was a methadone type high. it took at least an hour to kick in but when you wake up the next morning, you'll still be nicely buzzed.

The one thing that really sucks (if you're using pods daily) is if you think eating pods is difficult, just wait till you have to shit out pod material (combined with the poppy-pod-super-duper-constipation. :!

But if you're down to your last couple pods, and you're still waiting for your next order try eating them.

poppy pods gave me hemmeroids. like, bleeding out of your anus, crapping out bloody, discontended bulbs of your own rectum-wall, and having to push it back into your asshole with your own fingers so you could go to work without excessive pain, burning, itching, or -leaking.-

anyways, besides that, I just want to add, you'll definitely need a chaser with your yogurt, like the above poster suggested.

^ Jesus fucking Christ are you serious? Parts of your own rectum coming out of the sphincter?

99% sure. I felt an enlarged bulb sitting right in my rosebud. It felt enflamed, greasy, and itchy, and I really only felt relieved when I pushed that back in during a hot shower. It's possible it was entirely an external hemmeroid, but damn, it was so much better when I pushed it back inside. I would do this after my morning shit, and then usually once in the stall while at fucking work. You don't think you could get used to fingers in your asshole, but yeah, you can.

I never saw a doctor, so I can't say for sure. Anyways, it's mostly better now... I feel pain everytime I shit, still, however.

edit: the shit you admit to when you're drunk, eh? anyways, if you're constipdated, don't, for the love of god, sit there and force it up to an hour. get a laxative, or an enema, or whatever... PLEASE.

Last edited:
if it flares up again, I will. but as long as I keep well watered and an intelligent diet (no stoner-munchies for me anymore, dear god jesus, no), then it's pretty tolerable now. although it would be nice to get proof of my theory, heh. when it first happened, I was kinda broke, and the only way to get money for a doctor's visit would be to petition my parents for cash, hah.

anyways, this was my public service announcement. if you wanna play with opiates, please research hemmeroids first and weigh that in your decision ;p . i mean, the chance for addiction is obvious, but have you bled out your ass before?

Last edited:
that is some fcuked up sh1t

luckily for me i only ever do it once every other week (never crave it) and tbh I have done 10pods in tea before been itching like a motherclucker and puking every hour or so and tbh the high still wasnt amazing/special.

However im hoping its because ive only done it about 5-6 times and the effects will get better once my body recognises what the high is like.

LazyD, that sounds more like some EXTREME constipation. Like a big piece of bowel movement that's too big to stretch out your anus and thus just pushes out your anus like a balloon. There is medical term for it,.....sorry, can't recall right now though.

LazyD, that sounds more like some EXTREME constipation. Like a big piece of bowel movement that's too big to stretch out your anus and thus just pushes out your anus like a balloon. There is medical term for it,.....sorry, can't recall right now though.

I think the term you're looking for is "prolapse."

In other news: adding calcium carbonate to poppy pod tea definitely seems to improve the final product. And if you use flavored Tums, it even takes a little of the edge off that nasty bitter taste. Right now I'm all wrapped up in the warm fuzzy blanket of God's unconditional love and enjoying life. Hope everyone else is having a good Monday =D

do you add the calcium carbonate right to the tea after filter? or when your soaking the grounds?

do you add the calcium carbonate right to the tea after filter? or when your soaking the grounds?

I tossed in 4 Tums Extra (3g of calcium carbonate) along with 20+g of pods when I was grinding them. I then added some cranberry juice and water to them, warmed them in the microwave, let them soak for a while, then filtered out the grounds and drank that nasty brew like it was mother's milk.

Let me also add that jazz (real jazz, not that smooth jazz shite which passes for jazz nowadays) sounds like the Voice of God when you're opiated. Chet Baker and PPT for the win...

Best time to add the CC is during grinding your pods into powder, or sometimes I prefer to finely grind my pods in the blender and as I am waiting on the water to warm I add the finley crushed CC to the pod mix. Somehow I believe miosturizing your pod mix before adding the CC allows the majority of the CC to do it's work of extracting the morph. alka., dunno but IMO I find better results. While cooking I do prefer the CC600 supplement over adding straight antiacids b/c first u r getting a more pure, higher mg of the CC, with only needing a few tablets. Than risking it with an antiacid that I may not get as much of a stronger strain as usual. But time does help the extraction process, but not necessary.
Oh yeah, anyone have the resources and locate some Calcium Hydroxide...bump the CC in that case, anyone familiar with those findings IM me.
Oh BTW in my earlier posts you will find my prefer method of PPT/PST extractions, if any interests, all by process of gradual experimentation. Cold extractions work too, just find poss. insecticide/fertilizers a lesser concern when cooking, also helps CC and absorption when warming IMO.
Also because you don't need to "kill" out the morph. by destroying it with too high of temps((90 deg. and up deteriation susceptibility), I go through a pot or so of hot coffee and after tea consumption and before coffee I chew a few Tums to add more CC but even better to kill the taste, the fruity r the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.