• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you parachute pod powder

i know it might take a whole pack of rizla but im willing to do so in order to not drink that nasty stuff.

çheers

Eating the grounds works fine, but just be a man and chug that shit! Trust me, if you chug and chase it for awhile, it will start to become bearable. You might even start to like the taste one day... that will be the day you know you have a problem =)

I just ordered 20 P.S. pods from an auction house, jumbo 5 inches or larger. I am only on page 16 of this thread. Hopefully I will have finished it before the pods get here so Ill have all this good information jotted down. I have a food processor. Will that work to power the shells? Im planting all the seeds I find inside. I don't have a coffee maker so I am trying to decide whether to eat, 'chute powder, make tea or enema the tea. Please comment. By the time I get back to this page I will have my pods and need all your opinions. I was with two friends last night, both freebasing tar, and both flat NOT allowing me to try it once. Both seemed to love their tar, and both act like dickheads without it, but both tell me they will never sell to me nor allow me to use. They don't want me to go through what they go through. But the high looks fine as hell, so I am going to find out about it this way. My normal use of opiates is limited to one 80 oxycontin a weekend.

My normal use of opiates is limited to one 80 oxycontin a weekend.

I hate to tell you this, but if you are used to taking 80mg of oxy at a time, you will need a shit ton of tea to get a good buzz.

This is pod-related so I figured I'd just add it to this thread to avoid a UTFSE-type response.

I've noticed that when I'm in the withdrawal period from my pods, all I do is sleep. I can sleep up to 24 hours straight, probably more, with some of the weirdest dreams ever. I'll occasionaly wake up feeling cold and sweaty and nauseous, but am too tired to do anything but sleep. There's no puking or diarrhea, just moderate nausea, cold sweats, and runny nose.

From what I've read here, it seems that sleep is the LAST thing a person in opiate withdrawal can do, especially for such long periods of time. How rare is it to sleep through your withdrawals? I drink pod tea like 4-6 days a week, with about 4-6 pods per glass or 1 1/2 jumbos with no breaks, and have done so for about 4 months (pretty binge-y, I know). But even when I used to have just one glass of tea one day a week when I first started, I'd get this extreme fatigue/cold sweats when the tea wore off. Just curious how many other people get ungodly exhausted during withdrawals.

I get ridiculously fatigued, but I have difficulty sleeping solid. The godawful cold sweats and bone aches wake me up every hour or two. I don't have any puking or nausea either (though that could be because I tend to smoke a LOT of pot when I'm out of pods), so your wd sounds normal to me. Count yourself lucky that you can get a good night's sleep.

I hate to tell you this, but if you are used to taking 80mg of oxy at a time, you will need a shit ton of tea to get a good buzz.

Well, I do not just snort back 80 at a time. I generally grate up and line half a pill, then after a few hours... more or less depending on the activity I'm doing... I grate up and line the other 40g. I don't take 80 up my nostrils like a G. I'm just purely recreational. Do you still think that will affect my tolerance to the tea? The more you talk to me the better off I will be.

and in other news, freebased heroin for the first time today. I only took maybe 3 hits. I'm used to smoking weed, so THAT shit was harsh as fuck. I don't feel very high though. I only wanted to give it a whirl so that I can compare it to the pod tea. Please continue to advise... I am up to page 20 in this thread.

I disagree with the whole "you won't be able to get very high from pod tea" sentiment if you use one OC 80 on the weekends here and there. I've even seen hardcore H users on this site say they get blasted off some pod tea, and some people prefer it to pills. It's more about personal preference than potency.

Pod tea tends to give a more steady, long lasting sedating opiate high, whereas pills give more of a short-lived euphoria. That's not to say that pods aren't euphoric, but the high is more visual, almost psychedelic for me than pills, and lasts much longer. You're very relaxed, but don't typically fall asleep or feel fatigued with pods, and it's more of a body high. Like an indica (pods) compared to a sativa (pills) strain of weed. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

Lady Codone- I also sleep constantly when in pod wd.

And yes, pod tea can get you as high as an oxy 80. It's just a different high.

I've read about a lot of people saying that they do nothing but sleep during the WD's, I personally might sleep a lot the first night (usually because pod tea seems to keep me a bit stimulated and awake) but after that Insomnia becomes one of my least favorite withdrawal effects.

I feel tired like I should be able to sleep but try as I might sleep is difficult. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, that sucks too.

POD PEOPLE PLEASE! Does sugar change opiates so they don't work as good? I got the pods ground and the tea made but it's bitter.

^ You can add sugar to your tea if you like and the effectiveness won't be affected. But you'll just end up with a very bitter tea with a layer of sweet over it.

The easiest way to get it down I've found (and I have way more experience with pods than I'd like!), is to either wait for the tea to cool down and chug, or pour it over ice and chug. Getting the tea really cold makes it a helluva a lot more palatable to me.

POD PEOPLE PLEASE! Does sugar change opiates so they don't work as good? I got the pods ground and the tea made but it's bitter.

Something that works for me: mix your tea with a bit of cranberry juice. The cranberry takes a lot of the edge off the bitterness.

As far as other sweet stuff goes, I've yet to find any sweetener which can mask that distinctive "ass washed in ass" taste of poppy tea.

^ You can add sugar to your tea if you like and the effectiveness won't be affected. But you'll just end up with a very bitter tea with a layer of sweet over it.

The easiest way to get it down I've found (and I have way more experience with pods than I'd like!), is to either wait for the tea to cool down and chug, or pour it over ice and chug. Getting the tea really cold makes it a helluva a lot more palatable to me.

I used to think that too, but now that I'm a bit more seasoned, I actually like it better warm. No idea why.

Best method I've found is to steep it with a tea you like and mix it with grade B maple syrup. It works better for sweetening than sugar or honey IMO.

That said, if you develop a habit, you will get used to the taste. Wife and I rarely even use a chaser anymore. If you had told me I wouldn't be using a chaser 6 months ago, I would have slapped you in the face.

Hmm, cranberry sounds interesting... neat suggestion. My stomach was upset and I haven't been able to keep much food down, so today while my tea was hot I added some Mint Meadley teabags and it totally masked the earthy taste of the pods. I think I may do that more often.

ok so i did poppy pod tea for my 4th time yesterday (in bout 3months)

i crushed up 7 pods and drank it.

then about 1hour later crushed up another 4 pods and drank that.

I felt extremely itchy, i was constantly itching and couldnt urinate. But I didnt feel that high to be honest. I felt the slightest bit floaty but not so much warm as everyone describes and I certainly didnt get any rushes from it. However I had a feeling of contentness which kinda let my mind have arest from thinking. Had a nice sleep and felt in a positive mood today.

Does poppy pod tea get better the more times you do it? As with alot of drugs Ive found they dont get good until you've experienced and recognise the high a couple of times.

^You might have just had some lower quality pods. When I've been out for a while, my first dose doesn't usually get me high-- I guess the buildup in my system from the long half-life makes subsequent doses much more fun.

I found out the hard way that moldy pods are fucking horrible. I had discovered a moldy one after I'd already broken part of it up to grind, and although I tossed most of it away I didn't dig out the pieces that were in the grinder. Bad mistake. I spent the last two days unable to keep anything down and constantly walking around with that overly-wet mouth that precedes vomiting. Retard that I am, it took me two days to put two and two together and figure out what the issue was. I totally underestimated just how bad a teenie bit of mold can fuck your system up.

That said, if you develop a habit, you will get used to the taste. Wife and I rarely even use a chaser anymore. If you had told me I wouldn't be using a chaser 6 months ago, I would have slapped you in the face.

Heh, most of the time I just tell myself it's really bitter coffee and add a shitload of sugar. I've been drinking it for over 6 months though now, off and on. Try as I might I can't quit the shit... all I every do is suffer until my tolerance comes down a bit and I get wasted again.

I felt extremely itchy, i was constantly itching and couldnt urinate. But I didnt feel that high to be honest. I felt the slightest bit floaty but not so much warm as everyone describes and I certainly didnt get any rushes from it. However I had a feeling of contentness which kinda let my mind have arest from thinking. Had a nice sleep and felt in a positive mood today.

It's very subtle, it may well be that you just aren't used to the effects yet. That constant itch and inability to urinate shows that you got morphine containing pods for sure though. I do note a warm feeling that spreads through my body when I drink it.

Does poppy pod tea get better the more times you do it? As with alot of drugs Ive found they dont get good until you've experienced and recognise the high a couple of times.

That was the case for me I think... I used to use Kratom and LOVED IT. Oddly enough, the first time I tried pods I wasn't very enthused. But then I tried again, and again. I am in a lot of physical pain so I sort of told myself it was okay to go ahead and get addicted...

I can tell you now that after many months of addiction and voluntary withdrawal that I unfortunately love the pods much more than ever. Whatever you do, don't get into that cycle my friend.

The thing is, once you start to get a taste for the high and really enjoy it, you might start to take solace more and more and end up somewhere you don't want to be.

I found out the hard way that moldy pods are fucking horrible. I had discovered a moldy one after I'd already broken part of it up to grind, and although I tossed most of it away I didn't dig out the pieces that were in the grinder. Bad mistake. I spent the last two days unable to keep anything down and constantly walking around with that overly-wet mouth that precedes vomiting. Retard that I am, it took me two days to put two and two together and figure out what the issue was. I totally underestimated just how bad a teenie bit of mold can fuck your system up.

Wow, that mold can really mess things up I guess. I use a box cutter to open up my pods (lol, very stupid, I've cut my fingers 3 or 4 times in the past week) and I think just getting some mold on my blade may have been enough to taint the next pod I opened, because I got sick.

I have a question though, I know you guys dont use pods that are moldy (black and hairy and smell like death inside) but do you guys ever encounter pods with all the seeds a dark brown color and stuck on the wall of the pods? Sometimes I pitch those away too, but maybe they're just immature seeds or something? They definitely look different than a truly moldy pod.

If it's just that the seeds are brown, I keep it. But if they stick to the inner walls of the pod then it's probably just starting to mold, in which case I'd toss it. I like when I find the little flower inside pods though, feels like a fortune cookie. :)

I like my tea hot or warm with powdered ginger and a flavored tea bag of some sort (like pomegranate green tea or jasmine green). I try to bypass my tastebuds altogether by chugging it fast and chasing it with water and either coffee or another strong drink like hot chocolate. No need to let it sit there on the tongue and let your brain process the taste if it makes you nauseous!

And yes, consuming moldy ANYTHING can be extremely dangerous. If you're allergic or sensitive to mold or have asthma, they can set off some horrid gastrointestinal/bronchial reactions. Some strains of mold are highly toxic, which means they're dangerous to everyone (you needn't be allergic to be affected.) Some molds, like the aflatoxins, are known to cause cancer in humans (aflatoxin is considered a huge cause of liver cancer, by the way). It can be tough to tell mold from discoloration, black goo from bug bites and other piercing objects, and stuck-on seeds. If it's furry, smelly, or extremely dark-colored, I discard it just to be safe. Mold can be every color of the rainbow, from white to grey to brown/black to fluorescent orange. Then again, sometimes the seeds appear to be mixed in with tiny brown "seed covers" and stuck to the sides of the pod, in which case I usually use it.

It's a tough call, but if you consistently get pods that appear questionable, you should consider switching vendors. My old source used to give me around 5-10 "iffy" pods per order, which just wasn't cost effective, so I switched. Now I only get 100% perfect pods, large, round and free of mold, which is the way it should be. If this is going to be something you're gonna be doing for the long run, ingesting pesticides, molds, and other contaminants is simply unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.