• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I also wanted to comment on the poppy pod illegality in the United States. I was arrested about 6 months ago and had my house searched. I had two little dried p. soms in a weird melting type vase (I thought it was trippy) The cops asked me what they were and I told them straight up, what they were and how I used them. When I got out of jail and got my possessions back from the county thugs there were the two little poppies, safe and sound next to my belt...

Take what you want from that, obviously it wasn't tried in a court of law. Also, anyone who knows LAPD knows that if its going to cost them more work they won't fuck with it. They like the easy, big catch... so maybe it was more trouble than it was worth to try to prosecute for it, but I personally don't think so.

Poppy Tea Withdrawl

Im curious, I have been taking opiates, Oxy, hydro, on and off for years now and it's been 3 weeks since I've had any in my system. I made poppy pod tea this weekend. Friday I had one cup of 4 pods. Sat 2 cups 5pods, and Sunday 1 cup 4 pods...I'm done now and don't plan on taking any more this month...Should I expect withdrawls from this amount??

You might but it shouldn't be to bad. Since it was 3 weeks since you had any opiates and you only did pods for 3 days i wouldn't think your w/d would be to bad.

If anything you might have a little insomnia and maybe mild flu-like symptoms but then again you may not have any w/d. It just depends on your system.

I wouldn't worry to much. But, who knows. Personally i think you'll be ok.

let us know how it goes.

RPG

Merging question about poppy pod tea causing WDs into the poppy pod megathread.

yeah i think im getting some minor withdraws from using four nights in a row. I just have the chills like a flu, and my nose is a little stuffed up. it just took like 36 hours for me to really start feeling it which is weird. im gonna eat one pod now and save the other 15 i have ground up for another time.

^ sounds exactly right

poppy pod tea WD comes on in such a way it's really easy to wonder if you are just sick, or what

then after the symptoms persist and you realize drinking the tea fixes everything, you know

once you are at this point, taking pods for anything except to taper off is like standing in a hole while you dig
the further you go the more brutal the climb out

rolls said:
See a proper pain doctor and don't go in looking like a junkie. Whats the pain from ?

Thanks for the replys! car accident. was ejected from the car and hit a tree, was knocked into concussion stayed in the hospital for a while. ive had severe neck pain for a while now. like a year. i have an appt in a couple days hopefully i can get somewhere with this. see ya.

and i wasnt driving my dad fell asleep at the wheel.

back to pods.. jesus. theres no way to be arrested for dryed pods. even if a cop saw you making tea, which is a very highly unlikely situation, its still very hard to even be prosecuted for dryed poppy straw. later.

^ If a cop saw you making the tea I'm pretty sure you could get in some serious trouble.

BingeBoy said:
^
I think he was trying to deterr noobies from getting in on the pod "secret" and so should you , if people don't even take the time to do a proper google they are probably the same kind of people who OD on poppy pods and that will make it illegal/harder to get for the rest of us (like with the pst )
Exactly. Sometimes a little bit of D.A.R.E.-style exaggeration is whats needed to deter noobs.
Blast! Foiled again by RPG! =D

BB: I know you aren't from the US so I'm not sure if you know what the "D.A.R.E. program" is. (I really doubt they have "D.A.R.E." in the Netherlands....LOL) Its "Drug Abuse Resistance Education." Basically some cops come to your elementary school and lie to you about drugs a whole bunch in an attempt to thwart kids from using drugs, saying retarded shit like "if you smoke marijuana you will stab your grandparents to death and burn their whole neighborhood down." Its full of lies, and by my best estimates, its very, very unsuccessful.

brainslookfunny said:
^ sounds exactly right

poppy pod tea WD comes on in such a way it's really easy to wonder if you are just sick, or what

then after the symptoms persist and you realize drinking the tea fixes everything, you know

once you are at this point, taking pods for anything except to taper off is like standing in a hole while you dig
the further you go the more brutal the climb out

damn have even been sneezing today which i read some people get from WDs.

johanneschimpo said:
Exactly. Sometimes a little bit of D.A.R.E.-style exaggeration is whats needed to deter noobs.
Blast! Foiled again by RPG! =D

BB: I know you aren't from the US so I'm not sure if you know what the "D.A.R.E. program" is. (I really doubt they have "D.A.R.E." in the Netherlands....LOL) Its "Drug Abuse Resistance Education." Basically some cops come to your elementary school and lie to you about drugs a whole bunch in an attempt to thwart kids from using drugs, saying retarded shit like "if you smoke marijuana you will stab your grandparents to death and burn their whole neighborhood down." Its full of lies, and by my best estimates, its very, very unsuccessful.
Yeah i hate all the bullshit they tell you about drugs, it really pisses me off. Wonder if they thought about what would happen when kids realized they were being lied too. Then they might not believe the truth about how dangerous some drugs are. They should just focus on the truth and statistics and more about addiction and going though wds, instead of negative health affects which many kids dont care about anyway.

i just ordered some pods but didnt read the faq. it says they are a hybrid pod but not p. somniferum. they look like the P's though. yikes. i guess i may find out the hard way. does anybody know of a hybrid pod thats not p somniferum?

Still Working on It

Kind of think that instructions on making the perfect product have been over-read (i.e. too many opinions only cloud the issue). So far, it has worked to keep one well, but not to get high.

Latest conclusion, is that not enough water has been used - just enough to cover the grounds, and cooking 3x for 30 minutes using a hot pot. Now posts have been found that say to use anywhere from 3:1 to 5:1 ratio, otherwise water will no longer absorb the alkaloids.

One of the most confusing, is that so many people that say not to let the pods bubble or boil, or get above 82c/180F. Yet it's often said here, that 375F is just fine, and boiling is not a problem.

Anyone have any idea of why the 82c max is so prevalent? Was it just like some old-wives tale that has since been debunked?

Then some talk about just consuming them. Yet, aren't there ingredients in them, that one would prefer NOT to ingest, if given the choice? Not to mention the work it places on the digestive system, and the time to get any reaction.

The thing that sounds best is the "laudanum" route, if one could only come across enough at once to wait two weeks before ingesting.

2p anyone?

Had to add this. This is nuts. It isn't rocket science, why is such a difficult time being had by him, who usually picks up new things with alacrity? Oh yes - it never tastes really bad either - at least nothing like everyone speaks of. Different vendors & strains being used. Last night's experiment was 40g powder cooked 3x in approx. 1 qt. water, with lemon at approx. 150f (hot pot temp difficult to specify). Produced approx 1.5 liters which was then ice-o-lated 2x by allowing thin clear crust to form on top of sideways decanter and filtered. Left overnight. At 5pm over half gone, with little to show. (except it is 1st day with no subsidy, but only two $6 items being used - no large amounts - ever). This research getting expensive and boring. Sorry for the boring post....

Last edited:
how long between doses of poppy team

i am new to poppy tea and just got my first pods today. i ground up 5 medium pods and ran them though my coffee maker. i ended up with about a half a cup of liquid and put that in a cup. i added juice to flavor and made about 1 cup. i drank approximately half of the cup to see how i felt and i'm feelng alright. so i was wondering how long i should wait for the full effects to kick in? i want to finish the cup but don't want to over do it.

So how long was it since you drank half?

I suggest you wait an hour if you never had poppy tea before , though if you are used to it you should feel the first effects coming on within half an hour.

Now im going to merge this into the mega poppy thread , don't start these kind of threads in od please.

^
I think 82c is the temperature at which codeine starts degrading , codeine is a lot more sensitive to heat than morphione but it plays a minor role

oh and if you boil for hours you will end up with an inactive product

p.s merging

it's been 45 minutes. i personally thought i could feel it in minutes due to having an empty stomach upon consumption but that could have been pacebo excitement effect. the liquid wasn't very dark it looked like weak tea or coffee, see through brown. pretty much i have a really nice relaxed care free feeling going on. i gotta say i like it. its not like eating 5 or 6 percs or vics but it's good none the less.

^
I think you can go ahead and drink the rest of the cup

colour doesn't say much in regard to potency , bitterness does though

it wasn't real bitter but that might have been the juice. the taste is definatley somethng you would aquire. it's kind of earthy, pungent and bitter. the smell of the wet pods reminded me of the taste of shrooms. i went ahead and drank the rest of the cup. I'm thinking i'm definately a poppy pod fan.

BingeBoy said:
^
I think 82c is the temperature at which codeine starts degrading , codeine is a lot more sensitive to heat than morphione but it plays a minor role

oh and if you boil for hours you will end up with an inactive product

so would you say that simmering for 30 min. at a time would be okay? (don't mind loss of codeine, at all)

how about starting ratio of pod to water?

Status
Not open for further replies.