• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Edibles/Oral Cannabis

Sorry I wasn't quite sure where to post this.. if you want to move it, feel free. Sorry I have no clue how to.

Last edited:
Try the edible thread, but a good guide none the less :)

As for the way your heating it though, I dont think you would need to let it "smoke" any... in fact you would lose a bit of THC this way. If you heat it up high enough and for long enough the THC should be absorbed no matter what

Also, only the mods can move threads, dont worry about it, someone will come along soon enough ;)

Try the edible thread, but a good guide none the less :)

As for the way your heating it though, I dont think you would need to let it "smoke" any... in fact you would lose a bit of THC this way. If you heat it up high enough and for long enough the THC should be absorbed no matter what

Also, only the mods can move threads, dont worry about it, someone will come along soon enough ;)

Thanks :) I read the same about heating it but had no luck despite numerous attempts. The only way it works for me is high temp heating first by itself to slightly smoking, then 2 hours slow cooking... even 1 hour cooking doesn't work as good. Maybe it's just the idiosyncrasy of my little induction hob!

I'm not quite sure you need to boil them for 3-4 hours. From my understanding, simmering them in butter for 30-40 minutes is good. If the butter gets too hot, it can destroy the THC. I'd try to break the stems down in to the smallest pieces possible. It is pretty tough and time consuming to grind them but I believe it will extract active components more effectively.

Im sending this post over to the Edibles/oral thread, which i think you should also read through for more ideas on how to prepare your pot for its full potential.

Merging...

Freehugs, I had some tincs a few times, once with glycerin and another time with Everclear. You only really need to hold them in your mouth for like 30 seconds to a minute, it should still work if you swallow it...

The glycerin seemed weaker, but that could have just been how it was made. You needed to take like a half a bottle of that stuff to get a buzz, but it was only 20 and was supposed to be put on cereal and shit like toast

the alcohol stuff was a lot better, you only needed like a dropper full to get blazed off your ass. It burns a bit though when you drop it, probably the blood vessels dilating or whatever, that should make it absorb better too...

thats just my experience though

Oh nice, you've had a decent tincture?

I've been told most of the dispensary tinctures are total shit in the LA area, but what would I know. I have only seen 2 major dispensaries who sold tinctures, and I thought they both seemed awfully expensive. Glycerin based AFAIK.

I find the west coast stoners know what's up... =D

I just hold it about as long as I would if I dropped some liquid acid

Amazing comparison! Thanks for the expertise Folley. :D

I'd love to but I really want my degree to become an accountant and then start my own business (maybe then I would move to cali to start a cannabis related business) and do the accountancy myself, and have a plan b in case my business fails. Since university is 5000$ maximum with books included a semester, I want to stay here... I think college in united states is pretty expensive. And the law seems worst too, about things like making BHO or having your own garden. I mean, who really wants to grow just 6 mature plants hehe %)

Plus i'm not even going to be able to visit some dispensaries as i'm only 19 :(

Santa, you signed up when you were 16? Good for you man. :D

Great plan BTW. Starting a cannabis related business in the states sounds like a dream come true! I currently want to open a HASH BAR. I would likely call it the Captain's Quarters, but I'll have to see as time rolls on.

Sure you can grow more than 6 mature plants but it's cold as dick :p =D You can grow as many plants as you want to in California as well. I consider US law as real as god. If you can't touch it, it can't touch you. =D (What a horrible saying LOL)

It's definitely a place I wish to visit though! Seems like a lovely place to live, especially after it snowed 20 cm here last night!

Found an edible question at the same time so I wouldn't be such off topic :

How would you describe or compare the visuals you get from a good edible?

Do you compare it to shrooms where things around you will move in a pattern, or like LSD which I haven't tried?

I've only had one potent experience with edibles where my body was pretty "slowed" and laughter was there, but I couldn't remember if I had visuals.

Would you agree that they are better to be used for reliving physical pain?

Snow?! It's like spring/summer here already man. See what I said? =D It IS beautiful here man, I love Los Angeles. I have some really beautiful pictures I took while walking around downtown, I can't wait to get them all uploaded.

Visuals from edibles... I ate 500mg ISO oil in an entire dark chocolate hubby's bar. I was walking an 8 mile round trip at the time to walk to the record store. It was beautiful outside, beautiful people were outside... gorgeous. Before I knew it, I was staring ahead of me, and as I was walking, I felt this 2c-I type come up... and I thought "was I drugged?!?!?!?!" for just a second, then I remember the iso oil I ate. :D

The visuals were a lot like 2c-_ or LSD, but mushroom and LSD visuals are very comparable. If you haven't tried LSD yet, you will. You may have to move to the states to find it, I wouldn't know. ;)

The visuals are VERY heavy though, probably as heavy as vaporized wax/BHO. :D When you get a good edible, you'll know. The hubby bars are amazing here in California, they all have 500mg iso oil in them, and the effects are definitely decent. I don't buy them all the time, mostly as I have a very hard head - I have been smoking cannabis for 6 years, and I recently switched primarily to vaporizing extracts, smoking extracts, and only every now and then smoking cannabis.

So when I eat an entire hubby's bar, and I may not feel it, I feel like it's a total waste. I have friends who nibble on them, consuming just a little bit iso oil here and there, it's like an 8mg Suboxone tab to a cannabinoid addict. =D What a wonderful comparison!!! That's exactly what I'd call it, a hubby's bar is like cannabinoid replacement therapy, no smoke or vapor involved. Longer come up, but the longes duration.

For my hard head, cannabis lasts 2-3 hours, maybe 1.5 if it's not a good huge hit. Wax? 4 hours. An entire hubby's bar with less tolerance than normal? 12+ hours. Some people say 16+.

One might ask, Captain, why do some people eat so little of a hubby's bar but you eat so much?

THC is converted to 11-hydroxy-THC before it effects you, when you take a hubby's bar orally. This is the unique difference. 11-OH-THC is very effective, and the range of effects is HUGE compared to THC. THC has a very basic range of effects, 11-OH-THC is like, THC squared. It doesn't effect some people well, like me - I always have to eat the equivalent of oil (baked into chocolate) that I could do over a whole day, whereas others - they'll have 1 piece of a hubby's bar and be as high as Towelie. Consider 11-OH-THC to be a true psychedelic, and THC to be quasi-psychedelic (meaning I get visuals from THC but it doesn't trip me out like 11-OH-THC does! and most people would say 11-OH-THC is more psychedelic than THC is!)

Last edited:
Eating cannabis is sooooo much better than smoking for the health benefits. I will never smoke again. I hated having a sore throat, lung pains and coughing all the time..even using a bong! Also a big benefit of eating it is that it's much more discrete there's no smoke or smell around your house...and it's a lot safer to store in the house in food form.

I would urge other cannabis users to give it a try. The only downside for me is that it's not as efficient as smoking and I end up using more weed for the same effect... although I suspect that is down to my method for cooking, I'm still learning and trying out stuff so I expect efficiency may improve.

Eating cannabis is sooooo much better than smoking for the health benefits. I will never smoke again. I hated having a sore throat, lung pains and coughing all the time..even using a bong! Also a big benefit of eating it is that it's much more discrete there's no smoke or smell around your house...and it's a lot safer to store in the house in food form.

I would urge other cannabis users to give it a try. The only downside for me is that it's not as efficient as smoking and I end up using more weed for the same effect... although I suspect that is down to my method for cooking, I'm still learning and trying out stuff so I expect efficiency may improve.

I vaporize with my bong using a skillet, and I don't cough, have a sore throat, or even hock up anything that's discolored to the point of being black! %)

If you're in a legal state like mine, edibles are fascinatingly well priced, if you get the most potent ones in the dispensaries as a medical patient. However, I see you're in the UK, and probably have to make your own. Good luck!

Santa, you signed up when you were 16? Good for you man. :D

Great plan BTW. Starting a cannabis related business in the states sounds like a dream come true! I currently want to open a HASH BAR. I would likely call it the Captain's Quarters, but I'll have to see as time rolls on.

Sure you can grow more than 6 mature plants but it's cold as dick :p =D You can grow as many plants as you want to in California as well. I consider US law as real as god. If you can't touch it, it can't touch you. =D (What a horrible saying LOL)

Yea I signed up when I was 16. After experiencing too much with MDxx, I had to educate myself and i'm so glad I did. This website has really helped me.

I'd love to visit Captin's Quarters if I visit Cali someday ;)

I thought if you had a medical card, legally you could have 6 matures plants or around that?

Snow?! It's like spring/summer here already man. See what I said? =D It IS beautiful here man, I love Los Angeles. I have some really beautiful pictures I took while walking around downtown, I can't wait to get them all uploaded.

Visuals from edibles... I ate 500mg ISO oil in an entire dark chocolate hubby's bar. I was walking an 8 mile round trip at the time to walk to the record store. It was beautiful outside, beautiful people were outside... gorgeous. Before I knew it, I was staring ahead of me, and as I was walking, I felt this 2c-I type come up... and I thought "was I drugged?!?!?!?!" for just a second, then I remember the iso oil I ate. :D

The visuals were a lot like 2c-_ or LSD, but mushroom and LSD visuals are very comparable. If you haven't tried LSD yet, you will. You may have to move to the states to find it, I wouldn't know. ;)

The visuals are VERY heavy though, probably as heavy as vaporized wax/BHO. :D When you get a good edible, you'll know. The hubby bars are amazing here in California, they all have 500mg iso oil in them, and the effects are definitely decent. I don't buy them all the time, mostly as I have a very hard head - I have been smoking cannabis for 6 years, and I recently switched primarily to vaporizing extracts, smoking extracts, and only every now and then smoking cannabis.

So when I eat an entire hubby's bar, and I may not feel it, I feel like it's a total waste. I have friends who nibble on them, consuming just a little bit iso oil here and there, it's like an 8mg Suboxone tab to a cannabinoid addict. =D What a wonderful comparison!!! That's exactly what I'd call it, a hubby's bar is like cannabinoid replacement therapy, no smoke or vapor involved. Longer come up, but the longes duration.

For my hard head, cannabis lasts 2-3 hours, maybe 1.5 if it's not a good huge hit. Wax? 4 hours. An entire hubby's bar with less tolerance than normal? 12+ hours. Some people say 16+.

One might ask, Captain, why do some people eat so little of a hubby's bar but you eat so much?

THC is converted to 11-hydroxy-THC before it effects you, when you take a hubby's bar orally. This is the unique difference. 11-OH-THC is very effective, and the range of effects is HUGE compared to THC. THC has a very basic range of effects, 11-OH-THC is like, THC squared. It doesn't effect some people well, like me - I always have to eat the equivalent of oil (baked into chocolate) that I could do over a whole day, whereas others - they'll have 1 piece of a hubby's bar and be as high as Towelie. Consider 11-OH-THC to be a true psychedelic, and THC to be quasi-psychedelic (meaning I get visuals from THC but it doesn't trip me out like 11-OH-THC does! and most people would say 11-OH-THC is more psychedelic than THC is!)

It's still a bit cold in here :( But there's a lot less snow!

I have only tried mushrooms yet, but i'd like to try a little LSD experience someday. We'll see if I ever encounter it! Thanks for the comparison.

This isn't so much edibles related, but could you fully explain your visuals on BHO? I watched the ++++ on wax video, but didn't quite understand... do you hit ++++ after 1 hit!?! :eek: My BHO might be not as potent as I thought it was haha.

Thanks for the scientific explanation too, I can see which edibles are more psychedelic now!

Amazing comparison! Thanks for the expertise Folley. :D

'course lol ;)

edibles always give me great visuals, last hemp fest I ate hash oil Zotz, hash oil suckers, a brownie and smoked a ton of weed and some hash. I couldnt find water almost the entire time, and it was late August and hot as FUCK. So needless to say, I was a little dehydrated lol.

By the end I was tripping so fucking hard I had to just lay in the shade and wait till I got picked up lol, my entire field of vision was covered in lazy colorful visions, shit was warping a bit too

Edible pot makes me way higher for way longer than smoking, so I have to be careful. I need way less edible than anyone I know to get ripped, and I feel hung over the next day. I think it has to do with the quantity of active ingredients combined with the way my CYP450 group metabolizes the pot via the digestive pathway.

Yea I signed up when I was 16. After experiencing too much with MDxx, I had to educate myself and i'm so glad I did. This website has really helped me.

I'd love to visit Captin's Quarters if I visit Cali someday ;)

I thought if you had a medical card, legally you could have 6 matures plants or around that?
I don't see the point when the best weed possible is already so affordable. However it gets cheaper when you make it yourself. Sure. But I am not the average green thumb who wants to even try growing. I just like sampling the expert harvests. %)

I have only tried mushrooms yet, but i'd like to try a little LSD experience someday. We'll see if I ever encounter it! Thanks for the comparison.
No problem! I love tripping LSD so much now. =D

This isn't so much edibles related, but could you fully explain your visuals on BHO? I watched the ++++ on wax video, but didn't quite understand... do you hit ++++ after 1 hit!?! :eek: My BHO might be not as potent as I thought it was haha.

Thanks for the scientific explanation too, I can see which edibles are more psychedelic now!

If I'm already on acid, taking a fat dab of wax or oil/candy will get me there. The open eyed visuals are really intense. I get strong visuals from smoking sativas such as Green Crack PR as well. =D

IMO I would invest in a hash bar before I would a cannabis production operation. That's just me. There's more money to be made dishing out fat dabs to stoners in a hash bar setting.

Edible pot makes me way higher for way longer than smoking, so I have to be careful. I need way less edible than anyone I know to get ripped, and I feel hung over the next day. I think it has to do with the quantity of active ingredients combined with the way my CYP450 group metabolizes the pot via the digestive pathway.

That never happened for me. The visuals from edibles are unique and the high is uniquely stimulating and psychedelic but it's nothing like vaporizing mad wax on a skillet to me.

2-3 teaspoons of oil.

I have made firecrackers multiple times, and 2 teaspoons of oil, in my experience, is so much more than you need. I can't put more than 2 or 3 DROPS or it will be way to runny to even work with, and thats using brand name non-organic peanut butter. But maybe it somehow worked for you?

Thanks, let me know.

Haze

i plan on making some really weak pot brownies from this recipe (http://www.applesoft.com/brownies/). It's only to get me and maybe 3 friends baked twice. I've never had edibles and have pretty low tolerance and my friends also have little to no tolerance whatsoever. (we've all been drunk before so aren't inexperienced to drugs) Because of the lack of tolerance and people i plan to use 1 gram. Also since my folks don't know about it, i can't have the kitchen smelling.

I want to get me and my homies (some who've never smoked pot before) pretty baked but not into orbit. Other forms of getting high are not possible.

I'll keep it pretty well ventilated but the brownie smell has to mask the weed smell. My house is two stories. I plan to make them during the day, so my situation is my mom will be at work and my dad will be working upstairs. I won't actually be bothered, but if there is a questionable smell i might get caught.

So im wondering if 1g is the right amount and if my kitchen will smell. Also is it ok for weed virgins to have edibles for their first time?

I'm not sure if 1 gram is reasonable at all b/c i've never taken edibles, and i heard its possible weed doesn't affect some people on their first hit. If i divide it into 20 pieces that would be .05g/piece. I figure anything lower wouldn't affect anybody, but .1 or higher would be too much (since edibles have 2x bioavail compared to smoked)

I can't have my kitchen smell or any appliance (like an oven) because i couldn't get rid of the smell fast. I can anyways just wash some dishes if they smell.

I've read some horror stories online about giving edibles to weed virgins, but it seems they were all at high doses. I think the only problem is one can't titrate the dose, but i'd rather play it safe and have a lower dose than may not affect someone than have a high dose than makes them super paranoid.

Do you mean 1g per serving/dose, or 1g throughout an entire sheet of brownies?

If it's the latter then I'm afraid you may be wasting your time, money and weed... Don't let me deter you if you're determined, though, and to answer your first question: no, 1g through an entire batch of brownies won't make any suspicious smell whatsoever.

On the other hand, 1g per brownie will be plenty (perhaps too much for people with no tolerance). This will also most likely give off a suspicious smell in your kitchen, but it'll be masked a bit by the chocolatey smell of baking brownies. I've done a few undercover bakes in my parents house and never had a smell that they zeroed in on as pot, but they were used to catching me because of the smell of straight up weed smoke and not baked goods. The only issue you might run into is the debate that first-time weed users tend not to feel the effects of the bud, but, personally, I think that's all bullshit and you and your friends will have a great time.

Do you mean 1g per serving/dose, or 1g throughout an entire sheet of brownies?

If it's the latter then I'm afraid you may be wasting your time, money and weed... Don't let me deter you if you're determined, though, and to answer your first question: no, 1g through an entire batch of brownies won't make any suspicious smell whatsoever.

He was thinking about 0.05g a piece hehe, which is indeed way too low. I've had success with something like 0.4g-0.6g per piece while feeding a few of those to low tolerance ppl, but they were made out of lower quality mids/popcorn nuggets iirc. It should be remembered that if you put ~1g throughout 3 servings, it'll sort of serve like a extended release capsule when compared to ~1g put in a single small serving. Forget the bioavailability stuff here Drum, you need much more weed to get high from eating it compared to smoking it, but the duration will be longer too.

Most potent edibles?

The name says most of it, I've got a ton of trim on hand and I want to make whatever is going to pack the most punch to send me into a retarded trip induced by eating an ounce or so baked into a brownie.

What I want to know is what would be the best way to do this... with brownies I feel like the dose would be too spread out over the whole pan... something like tea or a super strong firecracker would be preferred, I don't really care what as long as it get a massive amount of cannabinoids in my system in a short period of time...

Also, is it possible to make hash/hash oil and just eat that raw, or possibly just cook it all into a firecracker or something? I would rather skip an extra step, but if it would make it a lot more potent (as in, more drugs in less food) I might be willing to try it.

I know you're probably going to want to merge this Chainer, but just hold up till I get some answers ;)

I find 2 grams of indica weed to be an excellent dosage.

I haven't made my own edibles recently, so I couldn't really say much on this subject.