• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Edibles/Oral Cannabis

It'd be easier to just make cannabutter, and then substitute that in for the regular butter that macaroni and cheese calls for.

But yeah, you can make a cannabis-infused mac 'n' cheese.

Well answered Jibult.

Vegan Edible Recipes (Whats your lipid of choice?)

After searching around, it seems like most cannabis cookbook stuff deals with cooking in butter. Anyone have some good ideas for vegan edibles?!

I am currently experimenting with a variety of veggie oils... I was wondering, would a more saturated fat like coconut oil dissolve the chemical goodies better?... Or would a healthier, leaner solvent like olive oil work almost as well? I am guessing that THC is slightly more polar than coconut oil... So maybe a more polar, less saturated fat might even work better?

Anyways, my favorite recipe right now is low-temp, oven-heated (45min +/- 30min) coconut oil w/ soy lecithin... I swear by lecithin... Anyone who hasn't used soy lecithin should give it a chance... I notice a huge difference in the onset period with lecithin, it hits harder, faster, and is more euphoric.

Do cannabis edbles dilate your pupils?

I am a MMJ patient with a very low tolerance. Every time I take edibles, my pupils dilate (making my vision blurry), and of course I get extremely high.

Tonight I ate a cookie and an indica capsule. And my pupils are much bigger than usual. Also I find myself clenching my teeth quite often and twitchiness in my legs and all over my body. I feel very relaxed but I'm twitching out pretty bad. They are like twitch spasms lol.

And to be honest i have that same head rush as if I am rolling on mdma. It's kinda weird. Haha but feels pretty good. I also regularly take prescription adderall but I did not take it today.

Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Any input is much appreciated<3

Lecithin in your edibles?

I usually make firecrackers...would putting it in there work?
Ill give it a go and report back..but this is the first ive ever heard of this!

Any tips for making cannabis milk? I got some homogenized milk and I'm just planning on simmering the weed in it for a few hours

a few hours might not be necessary. in my opinion 45-60min would be sufficient. after simmering, i'd strain the weed, most cannabinoids will be in solution anyway. i've never made weedmilk, but a friend did and says it works well that way. when i make cannabutter, i also only let it simmer for like an hour. ymmv (;
ps: if you want to get all out of the herb leftovers, put it in a screen and rinse it slowly with hot milk and apply pressure with a spoon or something to press most of it out.

I've made firecrackers once before. I microwaved crunchy PB and half a nug for like 30 seconds, burned half the cracker, barely was able to choke it down, and then felt minimally blazed while my girlfriend drug me to see Twilight. Needless to say, that was a horrible experience.

So you understand my being wary to repeat it. But this time I "pre-cooked" the weed, as the first post says to do, and it took the overwhelming taste of weed out, leaving a wonderfully herb-y taste. The crackers are all salty too and the peanut butter is kinda sweet....this needs chocolate.

Anyways it's tasting good. We'll see about the high in 45 mins.

I am a MMJ patient with a very low tolerance. Every time I take edibles, my pupils dilate (making my vision blurry), and of course I get extremely high.

Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Any input is much appreciated<3

I'm not sure if its a documented side effect but one thing I have noticed is that sometimes your pupils don't contract in bright light as well as they should when you're stoned. Don't know if this happens with all people and all strains but I have seen it before.

I cant say I've ever got the teeth clenching or twitchyness though.

I was just looking over the book "Hashish!" by RC Clarke. There was an interesting theory in there about the one of the reasons why edibles are different from smoked THC apart from the dosage levels. Apparently when cannabis is eaten the liver converts a lot more of the THC into 11-hydroxy-THC which has a different and possibly more potent effect. He has some pretty full on accounts in there of early European experimenters eating way too much and having some pretty out there experiences.(From about page 239 onwards) The book is online here but I think it would well be worth while to buy a copy anyway.

After searching around, it seems like most cannabis cookbook stuff deals with cooking in butter. Anyone have some good ideas for vegan edibles?!

I am currently experimenting with a variety of veggie oils... I was wondering, would a more saturated fat like coconut oil dissolve the chemical goodies better?... Or would a healthier, leaner solvent like olive oil work almost as well? I am guessing that THC is slightly more polar than coconut oil... So maybe a more polar, less saturated fat might even work better?

Anyways, my favorite recipe right now is low-temp, oven-heated (45min +/- 30min) coconut oil w/ soy lecithin... I swear by lecithin... Anyone who hasn't used soy lecithin should give it a chance... I notice a huge difference in the onset period with lecithin, it hits harder, faster, and is more euphoric.

Olive oil with hash is a great base for a vegan edible recipe

My first time? I remember it like it was yesterday, but it's 4 years ago, and I don't remember much of yesterday...

I was 16 years old, smoking cigs so I knew how to inhale. I had been reading a lot about cannabis on erowid, and was really eager to try it.
I was going to a party with 5 friends, one of them brought a joint. One of my friends didn't want to smoke, and it was the first time for all of us. I had about four beers before we went to the party, it wasn't far so we went on foot and decided to smoke it while walking there. We stopped at a spot that seemed safe to smoke the joint. We were passing it around and I was inhaling as deep and as long as I could, I really wanted to feel high. We finish the joint and continue walking.

After about ten minutes we arrive, and nobody was feeling anything yet. We go inside and get some more beers. And while I was standing there, I suddenly felt very sick. I handed my beer to a friend and said I was feeling like shit and had to go outside. I tried to walk outside, but had a very hard time controlling my feet. I got massive tunnel vision and was stumbling down the hall. I went outside and sat down on the sidewalk. My friends joined me and said I had to try to puke, I said fuck that shit I'll be ok, but I was really feeling like shit. It was very cold outside, and I sat there shaking, but the cold seemed to calm me down.

About 15 minutes later I decide that I'm feeling better, and am actually hungry. The others still claim they are not high, but when I order a hot-dog in the cafeteria across the street they all had to order one aswell, I suspect munchies. My friend had to take a shit, so we went down in the basement where the toilets are. We wait outside while he does his thing, when suddenly...

I notice he went in the girls bathroom. I immediately burst out in laughter, and was unable to stand for a solid ten minutes, laughing my fucking ass off. People were passing by and looking me like I was fucking crazy. But when it wore off, and I was feeling that sweet buzz that I am feeling this very moment, I knew I found a new friend. A friend that has been a huge part of my life since that day.