• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Edibles/Oral Cannabis

Ive come to really enjoy drinking my cannabis as of late. It hits harder and faster than most other edible THC ive tried.

(For those who are oblivious to this method: THC, being an oil, wont bind with water product, however if enfused in a glycerin base, you can add it to any liquid and turn it into a *special* drink. Many medical dispensaries here now sell various sodas, coffee drinks, tea's, and espresso shots wit THC in 'em.)

In comparison to a brownie, I find that a drink will not only hit me twice as hard, itll hit me twice as fast. A few sips of a really strong drink tend to hit me in 5 minutes.

The only issue is the want to finish whatever drink it is! I almost made the mistake of finishing these coffee drinks and was at that point where I knew if I had any more id probably vomit.

I love that some of the clubs also sell bottles of glycerin itself. Theyre great if you just want to turn your boring corn flakes into herb flakes. It has a really sweet taste to it (and drinknig it straight literally tastes like drinking cannabis sugar), but when added to milk or what have you, it leaves a really nice cannabis taste like you just took a delicious hit.

Question about decarbing weed

So I have read a ton of posts and info on cooking cannabis and how to decarb the weed. Something that i really am not too sure about is if i am suppose to grind the weed up first then put it in the oven to decarb, or if I am supose to put whole buds on the tray and grind it after.
If you guys have any experience with decarbing your weed to make edibles please post what you did and how well it worked.

Thanks guys

As I understand it, if your weed is properly cured the THC-ic acid should already be decarboxylated, no need to cook it.

not quite sure but everypost and blog i read people swear that it makes it more potent

The best ever for me was at a Sabbath concert in 77' We were rockin to the warm-up (Montrose) smoking some beautiful
red Morrocan hashish & this security/usher was being a total ass (it was after a recent stadium fire) so my bro just broke the rest of it (bout' 3 grams) in two & we ate it... Holy S**t -I remember seeing freakin' Ozzy walkin out on stage I just stood there for 2 hours like a statue. It's a good thing we were there w/ a couple other friends, they were off tryin' to talk to drunk girls - good thing, I dont know how we woulda got home. Spent the next 18 hours stoned just shufflin' to the kitchen & back to my chair. WoW !

Word guys I am a cannabis dude, ya'll. I ain't into edibles too much. I have had some good times on them though. I do not know the ins and outs of cannafood prep, but I do have a story about eating cannabis.
I was on a greyhound bus comin out of Texas, I had a quarter of mid grade weed on me. Coming up on Tex/Ark boarder the announcement is made "We will be stopping for a search" Oh shit, I promptly hit the shitter and chewed all of the weed minus stems, dranking water with it. I sat back down in my seat. Around 60 mins later I got a really bad headache. I than went back to the restroom and puked it up, smelled like herbs bad. I was sitting near two "G" type individuals and I felt like shit damn near to Nashville with these fools lookin like they knew what I did. I think it was the actually plant matter that caused me to vomit, not the cannanoids content.

The cannabinoids wouldnt have been active due to not being decarboxylated, so the plant matter and whatever was on it (unless that was your grow or medical, who knows whats on it or what its been in contact with) that probably made you puke.

The cannabinoids wouldnt have been active due to not being decarboxylated, so the plant matter and whatever was on it (unless that was your grow or medical, who knows whats on it or what its been in contact with) that probably made you puke.
Yeah, I would have to agree, this happened before I was a cannabis pro. It was a toxic feeling, nothing like cannabis. I enjoy hash, I have never tried ingesting it. I have read about the hash eaters though. Would this Roa work??? I am very educated about cannabis. I admit, this is one of the areas of interest I have that I know little about.

As I understand it, if your weed is properly cured the THC-ic acid should already be decarboxylated, no need to cook it.
In any case, THC-acid is active, but only with around 1/3 the potency of THC itself.

Brownies aren't quite as strong as I'd like.

Hi, I have some white widow, I got about 21 grams of trim that was mostly sugarleaves with a little bud mixed in it, and like 8 grams of shake. We ground it all into powder, put all of that in a double boiler with 3 sticks of butter. We had it on medium for 35 minutes and let it sit there on low for another 45 minutes to an hour. I wasn't in the kitchen when it finished, so my mom went ahead and put some in half a batch of brownie mix, we have 1 cup left. There was like 6 brownies this morning lol theres only 2 left and I'm eating them tonight haha. They weren't near as strong as I would have hoped. I assume that the trim wasn't near as good as I thought, the recipe called for an ounce of trim to a pound of butter, or a half ounce of dank. Can I reheat the butter in the same set up, and add more bud? She was going to make a batch of cookies with the rest. thanks!

Personally, I find that cannabis' effects are a lot more consistent among different human beings, whereas 11-OH-THC (the active ingredient of edibles, as your body will metabolize THC into 11-OH-THC before it effects you) has a really wide range of effects. For instance, for some people without a cannabinoid tolerance, 100mg of iso oil orally would be way too much. For myself, I normally use 500mg of iso oil (in a chocolate bar).

Also, I typically always smoke 2-3 hours into an edibles experience.

For these reasons, I'd say that unless you want the more stimulating/psychedelic nature of 11-OH-THC, I'd stick to smoking/vaporizing if you find that a decent edibles dosage isn't effecting you the same way it does others.

Question for the tincture users. How long do you guys hold the dose in your mouth? And do you use alcohol or glycerin?

Hi, I have some white widow, I got about 21 grams of trim that was mostly sugarleaves with a little bud mixed in it, and like 8 grams of shake. We ground it all into powder, put all of that in a double boiler with 3 sticks of butter. We had it on medium for 35 minutes and let it sit there on low for another 45 minutes to an hour. I wasn't in the kitchen when it finished, so my mom went ahead and put some in half a batch of brownie mix, we have 1 cup left. There was like 6 brownies this morning lol theres only 2 left and I'm eating them tonight haha. They weren't near as strong as I would have hoped. I assume that the trim wasn't near as good as I thought, the recipe called for an ounce of trim to a pound of butter, or a half ounce of dank. Can I reheat the butter in the same set up, and add more bud? She was going to make a batch of cookies with the rest. thanks!

You should do cook it for at least 3 hours. And use margarine :)

Best recipe for party/oral ROA?

Hey all,

To celebrate kicking the opiates I wanted to spend some of the money that was formally going to my addiction to get my buddies stoned off their ass. To mix things up, I decided to make something for all of us to eat.

I made brownies once, and "peanut bud crackers" once as well. Both with horrible results because I didn't really know what I was doing back then.

So, I was wondering what the easiest recipe would be to get say, 5 people stoned for the night. I was thinking about tea or brownies, or maybe some "apple pot pie".

What are some of your favorites? (please include instructions!)

Captain's Guide - Oral Cannabis - Please Read before Trying it Out for the First Time

500px-11-OH-THC.svg.png

vs.
500px-Tetrahydrocannabinol.svg.png

11-OH-THC vs. THC

Hey guys!

I wanted to make a brief introduction into the world of HUBBY BARS for you all. I can't source these of course, but they are delicious, colored foiled wrapped chocolate bars; each with 500mg iso oil in them. The bar is scored into 6 sections.

Dosing with the HUBBY BAR is very hard to gauge. Some people even with cannabis tolerance - will only have A VERY SMALL NIBBLE - maybe 1/12th to 1/24th of the entire bar. They will feel this strongly.

For me, I eat the ENTIRE BAR. Because I have a HUGE cannabinoid tolerance, and need it for many different medicinal reasons. However, when I eat the entire bar, the effects are quite pronounced still, and the open eyed visuals coupled with 11-OH-THC's more stimulating/psychedelic effects makes the open eyed visuals reminiscing of previous 2c-E or 2c-I or LSD trips. %)

11-OH-THC has a VERY wide range of effects and the dosage will hence vary WILDLY among other users.

My friend (a HUBBY BAR/oil/wax expert) suggests to smoke normally on top of 1 piece for an awesome time, or to eat 2 maybe 3 pieces MAX with smoking LIGHTLY or NOT AT ALL depending on how you like the combination of smoking/vaporizing weed on top of the oral cannabis experience. I'd suggest to take it slow if you're not accustomed to the almighty 11-OH-THC full-on experience. %)

MY personal opinion is that 1-2 pieces is a light experience for me. For you, it might overwhelm you, as some users have considered calling 911 on themselves on just 1/3rd of the bar (aka 2 pieces, as there are 6 total in an entire bar).

So start SLOW with a HUBBY BAR. This is a warning to you new users to the HUBBY BARS. I know some of you, like me, will move out to Cali soon enough. ;)

For HARD HEADS who want a TRUE PSYCHEDELIC experience, one of my FAVORITE bud tenders is a 40 year old man who has been smoking since high school (I started my freshman year in college and am much younger than 40) - he and I both find that 1 to 2 WHOLE BARS (not just pieces OF a bar) will produce the most ideal stimulant/psychedelic type 11-OH-THC high.

Keep in mind eating one to two WHOLE HUBBY BARS will get you QUITE stoned. You may be high for 16+ hours. Keep this in mind.

Enjoy!

NSFW:
hubby-bars.jpg

PS - My favorites are Dark Chocolate (gold foil), Peanut Butter Chocolate (orange foil), and Cookies and Creme (black foil) - not pictured. The Peanut Butter Crunch (red foil) is also dank.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE HUBBY BAR FLAVORS?! :D

Last edited:
You are making my mouth water Captain H!!! Especially since I haven't eaten breakfast yet!

I don't have access to hubby bars, but I have seen many pictures and reviews of them and damn they look delicious!!!

I heard that it's pretty hard to stop eating one when you begun because of the flavor, I don't doubt that !

I'd love to try a milk chocolate bar or the peanut butter crunch. Ship me some haha!

Hey all,

To celebrate kicking the opiates I wanted to spend some of the money that was formally going to my addiction to get my buddies stoned off their ass. To mix things up, I decided to make something for all of us to eat.

I made brownies once, and "peanut bud crackers" once as well. Both with horrible results because I didn't really know what I was doing back then.

So, I was wondering what the easiest recipe would be to get say, 5 people stoned for the night. I was thinking about tea or brownies, or maybe some "apple pot pie".

What are some of your favorites? (please include instructions!)

I'd make brownies, or cookies and just either extract the herb into cooking oil first, or make cannabutter and use that.

If you don't have that much material you could just make either Leary biscuits which are cheese and crackers, or Frecrackers which are crackers and peanutbutter. IME neither of them taste that good at all but they will get you very stoned.

Ollo everybody.

I am wanting to make some brownies because I want some edibles and can't stand the taste of the plant matter in firecrackers. Last time I made them I threw up everywhere (partly psychosomatic) and threw out a good gram of weed on the firecracker that I couldn't eat. So I am hoping that using cannabutter in baking will disguise the taste.

Unfortunately times, they are a little bit hard and all I have available is 2g of really, really potent shit. My question is: would using this in brownies be a waste since the dose is so low? I am a pretty big guy and from experience need a fair dose of the ganj to get high. Usually I put about a gram of medium grade stuff into my firecrackers. So the way I figure it and equivalent dose would be half the pan of brownies! But then again the stuff I have is far stronger than what I usually use so maybe a quarter of the pan of brownies? Which works out to be about 4 of them.

Anyway, I want a good, long session of being baked, not just a little buzz. I realise that it is incredibly difficult to judge dosing over the internet but if anyone has heard of sub 7g doses in a batch of edibles or has tried it could you let me know please?