• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Anxiety and Paranoia Help / Discussion Thread

Personally, I never found weed to be a social drug before I started smoking regularly. Before that all it would do was make me paranoid and anxious around people and give me the same twitches you describe OP.

Maybe you should try smoking alone a bit to find out what doses you are comfortable with and what works for you?

Weed is supposed to be fun and relaxing. Especially when you are still new. You eat junk food and giggle like you did when you were a kid. You act a fool on purpose. You talk about dumb things, or really smart things, you make funny faces, and you don't care about serious things. You listen to bad music and bad movies and it's awesome. Getting stoned and all the funny silliness should be fun, if it's not, what's the point?

It's hard to explain, here are some analogies, they are okay... not perfect, but okay:

- So if you go to Las Vegas with the goal of making money, there's a very good chance you're going to have a shitty, stressful, time. Unless you win, it's going to be miserable. Too bad the house always wins. But If you go to Vegas to go crazy, get fucked up, party, see shows, you're most likely going to have a great time

- Going to a sporting event, if you like the team a lot you probably are going to take it very seriously and have a bad time if they lose. You're going to be stressed out every time the other team score, all that stuff. I'm not saying it's not fun, but it's stressful (and when it comes to weed, anything stressful is completely pointless) So if you go the same game and you don't care who wins, at all, the game is going to be a blast! Sporting events are almost always pretty awesome.

So you get my drift. Just realize, you're just supposed to have fun. When you're stoned do whatever makes you happy, act a fool, jump on the bed, sing out loud. Whatever you want to do when stoned that you think is fun. So what if people say "OMG! Dude you are so high! Your eye's are so red right now." That should be funny! Who cares if your eyes are red and you're super stoned? Remember everyone else with you is stoned too, they're trying to have fun too. If they're not, well, too bad for them.

Weed is supposed to be fun and relaxing. Especially when you are still new. You eat junk food and giggle like you did when you were a kid. You act a fool on purpose. You talk about dumb things, or really smart things, you make funny faces, and you don't care about serious things. You listen to bad music and bad movies and it's awesome. Getting stoned and all the funny silliness should be fun, if it's not, what's the point?

It's hard to explain, here are some analogies, they are okay... not perfect, but okay:

- So if you go to Las Vegas with the goal of making money, there's a very good chance you're going to have a shitty, stressful, time. Unless you win, it's going to be miserable. Too bad the house always wins. But If you go to Vegas to go crazy, get fucked up, party, see shows, you're most likely going to have a great time

- Going to a sporting event, if you like the team a lot you probably are going to take it very seriously and have a bad time if they lose. You're going to be stressed out every time the other team score, all that stuff. I'm not saying it's not fun, but it's stressful (and when it comes to weed, anything stressful is completely pointless) So if you go the same game and you don't care who wins, at all, the game is going to be a blast! Sporting events are almost always pretty awesome.

So you get my drift. Just realize, you're just supposed to have fun. When you're stoned do whatever makes you happy, act a fool, jump on the bed, sing out loud. Whatever you want to do when stoned that you think is fun. So what if people say "OMG! Dude you are so high! Your eye's are so red right now." That should be funny! Who cares if your eyes are red and you're super stoned? Remember everyone else with you is stoned too, they're trying to have fun too. If they're not, well, too bad for them.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I feel like doing those kinds of things but I just get really self conscious and over think things too much. I'm trying to be more relaxed though.

I don't know how to explain it exactly, but don't try to be more relaxed. Just be. I know that sounds hard, I've had anxiety issues before, and you don't want to stress out about trying to not stressing out. Do the things you think are fun. I also understand being self conscience, I have those issues all the time. The thing to remember about weed is that it isn't alcohol, it isn't meth, or heroin, or crack... it's weed. Everyone there that smoked some weed is almost certainly happy, considering they just ingested a powerful chemical that makes you happy. People are going to be playful and funny or anything else chill... So, instead of over thinking, don't think. Cause it will be fine, you're high =D

Another thing about being self-conscience. Try to think about it like this way; If you're worried that if you do something bad people will judge you negatively, then the inverse must be true. If you do something good, people will judge you positively. Well, when people are stoned, they think everything is good, even bad movies and other stupid things, I've seen plenty of stoners watch soap opera's in the morning cause they're hilarious when stoned. I wonder how many stoners I have seen glued to The Price is Right (a fuckton and a half). Everything is AWESOME. Including you, obviously. So just remember that no matter what happens, no matter what interactions you have, no matter what you do, or say, people are going to react positively. This is kinda why I love smoking. It's such a good way to socialize and meet new people, in pretty much any setting. I was at a concert not long ago and I had no weed. I saw some kids with a bunch and I jokingly asked them if I could hit that. They were so happy to hook me, they all wanted me to try their type of weed. So I got greens of like 4-5 bowls. I've been chillin in the woods smoking weed and have had older folks come up and ask if they can smoke. I was at a baseball game, smoking weed with a vaporizer, and a grandma behind was amazed and we explained it all to her and then she smoked a pretty large amount, it was so funny =D. When you're smoking no one makes you feel unwanted, ever. Everyone's happy, and if they're not, the stoned people (is that a good name for a band %)) try to make them happy. It's something people love to do when their stoned, make unhappy people happy. It's fun, it's like a game. I mean, most people who have recently smoked weed are absurdly nice.

So if you do anything that you feel like doing, people will dig it, start singing your favorite song! Start dancing! Chances are people will follow your lead! So there is really no reason to try to be relaxed cause smoking is known to be awesome and if it's a given that it will be awesome, your default mode will be relaxed. You know what you're about to do is awesome for certain, so you don't think about it, therefor you have to be relaxed. This is actually a good way to think about a lot of things. It's helped me out to blossom socially. Most social situations you'll be involved in are almost always awesome.

It just hard to remember this when you're stoned.

Thanks a lot for the advice! It was helpful and hopefully my next smoking session will be better :D.

I'd be so stoked if the next time you smoked you had the most awesome time. Wait... I know you're gonna have a good time. You're going to run around and play tag while listening to music - that for some reason - is better than it ever was before. You're going to meet new people and dance. Then you're going to watch serious movies and laugh your ass off. After it all you're going to stare up at space, and talk about stars and aliens.

Remember how I said stoned people try to make other people happy... well... I'm stoned %).

I don't know how to explain it exactly, but don't try to be more relaxed. Just be. I know that sounds hard, I've had anxiety issues before, and you don't want to stress out about trying to not stressing out. Do the things you think are fun. I also understand being self conscience, I have those issues all the time. The thing to remember about weed is that it isn't alcohol, it isn't meth, or heroin, or crack... it's weed. Everyone there that smoked some weed is almost certainly happy, considering they just ingested a powerful chemical that makes you happy. People are going to be playful and funny or anything else chill... So, instead of over thinking, don't think. Cause it will be fine, you're high =D

Another thing about being self-conscience. Try to think about it like this way; If you're worried that if you do something bad people will judge you negatively, then the inverse must be true. If you do something good, people will judge you positively. Well, when people are stoned, they think everything is good, even bad movies and other stupid things, I've seen plenty of stoners watch soap opera's in the morning cause they're hilarious when stoned. I wonder how many stoners I have seen glued to The Price is Right (a fuckton and a half). Everything is AWESOME. Including you, obviously. So just remember that no matter what happens, no matter what interactions you have, no matter what you do, or say, people are going to react positively. This is kinda why I love smoking. It's such a good way to socialize and meet new people, in pretty much any setting. I was at a concert not long ago and I had no weed. I saw some kids with a bunch and I jokingly asked them if I could hit that. They were so happy to hook me, they all wanted me to try their type of weed. So I got greens of like 4-5 bowls. I've been chillin in the woods smoking weed and have had older folks come up and ask if they can smoke. I was at a baseball game, smoking weed with a vaporizer, and a grandma behind was amazed and we explained it all to her and then she smoked a pretty large amount, it was so funny =D. When you're smoking no one makes you feel unwanted, ever. Everyone's happy, and if they're not, the stoned people (is that a good name for a band %)) try to make them happy. It's something people love to do when their stoned, make unhappy people happy. It's fun, it's like a game. I mean, most people who have recently smoked weed are absurdly nice.

So if you do anything that you feel like doing, people will dig it, start singing your favorite song! Start dancing! Chances are people will follow your lead! So there is really no reason to try to be relaxed cause smoking is known to be awesome and if it's a given that it will be awesome, your default mode will be relaxed. You know what you're about to do is awesome for certain, so you don't think about it, therefor you have to be relaxed. This is actually a good way to think about a lot of things. It's helped me out to blossom socially. Most social situations you'll be involved in are almost always awesome.

It just hard to remember this when you're stoned.

Spot on :D
And practice makes permanence!

I'll be smoking tomorrow with my friends and I'll let you guys know how it goes, I'm sure it will be much better than my last time :D

I would recommend searching for pure Indica or Indica dominant strains. Sativa's make me this was as well, however I have always attributed this to all my tripping on LSD back in the day :)

There is nothing wrong with being high energy

I smoked today with 2 of my friends, we smoked a gram of haze. It started out well, I was very happy and giggling a lot, I didn't feel paranoid. I got stoned really quickly, more than my friends. It was a very strong strain. After about 30 minutes I started hearing things, I kept thinking my friends were talking when they weren't and I thought I heard someone at the door. I was still very happy and found this amusing. After another 30 minutes I was on the phone to my mother, I had finally calmed down enough to talk with laughing. When I was on the phone to her I started seeing black dots and felt very sick and dizzy. My heart rate increased and I thought I was dying for a brief moment. I think it was a panic attack which I often get when sober. After about another 30 minutes of feeling sick (and almost vomiting at one point) I felt ok to walk home.

I think it would have been a great time if I hadn't smoke as much. This is the first time I experienced this. I really need to learn my limit.

Im going to go ahead and merged this into our Anxiety/Paranoia megathread.

Merged.

I smoked today with 2 of my friends, we smoked a gram of haze. It started out well, I was very happy and giggling a lot, I didn't feel paranoid. I got stoned really quickly, more than my friends. It was a very strong strain. After about 30 minutes I started hearing things, I kept thinking my friends were talking when they weren't and I thought I heard someone at the door. I was still very happy and found this amusing. After another 30 minutes I was on the phone to my mother, I had finally calmed down enough to talk with laughing. When I was on the phone to her I started seeing black dots and felt very sick and dizzy. My heart rate increased and I thought I was dying for a brief moment. I think it was a panic attack which I often get when sober. After about another 30 minutes of feeling sick (and almost vomiting at one point) I felt ok to walk home.

I think it would have been a great time if I hadn't smoke as much. This is the first time I experienced this. I really need to learn my limit.

You'll learn lauren12k, it just takes a few sessions. You lucked out though getting haze for your first time smoking. That's a damn fine, psychedelic strain right there.

experienced smoker for about 10 years here...in the last few days i have been having panic attacks that go on for about an hour or so and is really making me think about quitting...any advice?

Take a break, smoke less, if youre smoking sativa then try indica (or vice versa, as the case was for me).

2 grams between 3 people is an unbelievably large amount. That's a heroic dose for you. Are you sure it wasn't .2? For someone like you I highly doubt you'd even be able to smoke ~.7 grams. I doubt you could even smoke that much in a day. Gram a day smokers are stoners. I'm really not trying to be mean, at al, but it you'd be so damn high by the time you smoked 1/4 of that 2gs.

Also, haze. Not a good idea. That's probably one of the most paranoia inducing strains. The other ones are usually the children of haze.

^Yea that's more than 0,5g per person and 0,5g in a spliff is like the most I ever smoke regularly and that is with alot of tolerance. If I've even had like just a weeks break from weed I'm not gonna smoke the whole 0,5g even, I usually put it down after half...

It's about .65 each, I smoke 2 grams or less a week and when I'm smoking I usually have to stop
After like .2 or .3. My throat starts to hurt and I just don't want to smoke anymore cause I'm so high.

I'm not sure why you'd try and match you're stoner friends... Terrible rookie mistake.

I have a feeling your friends told you it was 2g because you're young and they're dick sizing. 2g is waste of money.

I also have a feeling you're a freshman in college trying to meet friends and fit in. Which is hard and I know smoking with people seems like it's the best way. Am I right? If not, what's the context? It would help me help you.

Smoke strains with a higher CBD .
Make sure ur setting is good and mindset is good before smoking . it doesn't have to be but if ur prone to anxiety u wanna be in a positive mindset before u get high .
Also I found smoking in public or social situations with unlcose people can trigger anxiety and paranoia pretty bad.

Some people would recceomend benzos. To that I'd say no . if you really need to take a benzo to stop ur anxiety from weed then u should just stop using weed all together or if u really wanna haze use natural alternatives like St Johns wort .

I find eating a healthy diet and excercise improve the quality of my high a lot too. I'm much more energetic and confident . and the more u work out the more confident I become I find.

The thing that matters the most to me though is the strain. sativa or Indica it doesn't matter . its usually sativas that give me anxiety (ive had nice sativas toowhich dont give me anxiety its weird) but it can sometimes be indicas too. Sativas however . some - they get me really high but burned out too . they also seem to make me socially retarded .

I find indica's . particularly kush doesn't do this . it seems to just put me in a cheerful mood and I'm just jolly and things are just awesome . its weird . the only explanations are
1) the high CBD content of indica strains . CBD is actually the compound that's good for u … its anti anxiety , memory enhancing , etc unlike THC which is the opposite .
2) placebo - I don't think it's this though . I've smoked weed for years and I know which strains burn me out and which don't .
3) spray , chemicals Or poor flushing - I don't think this is the case with me tbh but its a possibility. People don't always flush properly or they might use pesticides on their herb. This affects quality of high.

Last edited: