• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Anxiety and Paranoia Help / Discussion Thread

thanks for the advice...i have tried 2 different types since it first happened...one was my more normal high end ( i think it was blue dream(, and the other were some mids(reggy) that i got from a friend...it was the mids that did it the first time and it was the highs that have done it since then

this is the first time it has happened to me like this as well....the only other time i can think of was about 2 years ago...i took a bong hit and felt weird and stepped outside and stood for a second and then just fell over....and then got myself up walked in side to the living room and called my roommate and then collapsed again...and he ran over and said are you ok and i could talk to him and after about 10 secs could get up and things went back to normal...only time that ever happened but scared me at the time...and then 2 years down the road all of a sudden this happens

Also, haze. Not a good idea. That's probably one of the most paranoia inducing strains. The other ones are usually the children of haze.

I wasn't paranoid at all. I was just very giggly and generally happy. I was also hearing things like auditory hallucinations. The room was slightly moving too and I felt a bit sick. This was after smoking a gram within an hour between 3 of us and I got most of the gram.

still can't imagine that you smoked a g in an hour. Your friends might have told you it was a g, but I doubt it. A g a day habit is stoner level, and that's all day. It would be nearly impossible physically too. Smoking that much weed is hard on the lungs and eventually it's too much. You'd also get way, way too high to finish even half. This assuming it wasn't absolute schwag with seeds and leaves in it. If you did actually smoke a g in an hour, it had to be garbage, but you said it wasn't. So...

Let me put it this way, I don't even smoke a g in an hour. It's too much, even with a tolerance. It get's pretty unpleasant to smoke too. Not calling you a liar, but it's pretty much impossible for that to be true. I also don't understand why you would smoke a g in an hour.

still can't imagine that you smoked a g in an hour. Your friends might have told you it was a g, but I doubt it. A g a day habit is stoner level, and that's all day. It would be nearly impossible physically too. Smoking that much weed is hard on the lungs and eventually it's too much. You'd also get way, way too high to finish even half. This assuming it wasn't absolute schwag with seeds and leaves in it. If you did actually smoke a g in an hour, it had to be garbage, but you said it wasn't. So...

Let me put it this way, I don't even smoke a g in an hour. It's too much, even with a tolerance. It get's pretty unpleasant to smoke too. Not calling you a liar, but it's pretty much impossible for that to be true. I also don't understand why you would smoke a g in an hour.

How fat are the joints you roll for yourself man? I roll 1 gram+ joints and 3 gram+ blunts for myself. I don't agree with you saying its pretty much impossible, but the blunts do get pretty hard towards the end if I'm by myself.

That's if you're a stoner. Someone new to weed? I roll big ass blunts too, but not for myself. That's when it's shared. I really don't think someone new at weed could smoke a gram joint by themselves. If you did that bowl by bow, it would be super hard.

is taking a break really the answer to stop the panic attacks...other people have told me that that wont solve it...anyone have experience like mine?

Taking a permanent break. A break is just going to make your tolerance go down and you're just going to get higher. If you have panic attacks, and they are making you feel really uncomfortable, why do you still smoke? Do you still have a lot of fun every time you smoke and the panic attacks are a nuisance?

not at the moment, but it has only been happening the last few days...and even not smoking, i still get mild ones, so it may not be related to the smoking, but the smoking may intensify it

It was between 1 and 2 hours. It was a g and I know it was definitely good quality weed. It went so fast because we were playing a game called 'Cup'. It gets you stoned super quick. Google it.

is taking a break really the answer to stop the panic attacks...other people have told me that that wont solve it...anyone have experience like mine?

Are you smoking a new strain? That might be the cause.

Are these panic attacks simply out of no where or are you having some sort of new stress in your life that could be triggering them?

As I grew older, marijuana made me feel less anxious. I often get tired upon blazing now.

Here's what happened to me:

Smoked cannabis for nearly 10 years, started at 15. 3 years in it gave me a few episodes of really bad anxiety with panic attacks. Took a break for 3 months, complete remission, continued smoking as if nothing happened. However, this was not to be my last meeting with cannabis induced anxiety. About 5 years later I smoked a big blunt in a bad setting. Major panic attack, took a break for 1 month. Everything went back to normal, continued smoking just fine.

Then, one fateful night, while tripping on 2ce, I smoked a joint that was way too big. After 15 min it was like being transported back 7 years. Identical feeling of pure anxiety, 3 hour panic attack. It was hell, it was traumatic, I was shaken for at least 2 weeks, questioning my sanity. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and I still suffer from anxiety. Mainly triggered by unreal/weird situations and in social settings that I know I cannot escape.

Anyways, heres my advice. If cannabis makes you anxious and has induced panic attacks, take it seriously. It only takes one bad 'trip', be it from a bad setting or an unexpectedly high dose. It's not worth the risk.

/Endrant/please help/I don't know how people can help/but I just need a "yeah man" can someone out there for the sake of a tl;dr I just need a yeah man. :(

Have you tried smoking only at night? It has worked well for me to reward myself with a fat bowl after being sober all day at school.

I started smoking cannabis around 6 months ago, and loved it since the first time I got truly high, never whitied, never felt bad, all was good, however one day I had to take a car journey home in the back seats whilst still stoned, I felt a hot flush through my body taht was uncontrollable as soon as the car moved, I put my headphones in and listened to music, shut my eyes and felt fine, however the next time I got stoned, i felt the same kind of feeling, a tingly rush through my shoulders, hands and arms , and dizziness. this was not at a bad level and had a good high still. Then I smoked a pure with my friend, and it started it off on a huge level, I felt very irritable, tingly feelings in my hands and arms like tingly flushes, very dizzy when I got one of these flushes, constantly moving like kept moving my sleeve or rubbing the back of my head, its liek being on the verge of a panic attack for an hour until the effects come down. I dont know if the cold started this off, but my perception of temperature is clouded vasty when I am stoned, now it is at a bad level, like the back of my hands, even when sober, feel very sensitive, and if i brush them against something like if I took them out of my pockets, it srtarts a kind of 'flush' , this ahs started ona small level sober and I hate it. I am fine in my own house, relaxed , but its making my highs unbearable when I used to love them. Today I got this irritability and flushes just sober in town, wasent a nice experience. anyone experienced this? got any tips? I think it could be down to nicotine?i have a e liquid vape, and vaped 0mg for a week, felt fine, ran out so used my other 8mg nicotine bottle, and its since then that these things have happened.. thanks in advance

New smoker, terrible experience

I smoked weed occasionally in college-- 20 years ago. Now that it's legal in CO where I live I wanted to try it again. When I smoked it in college I got nice and giggly, I loved it.

Last night it was horrible. Paranoia, rapid breathing, sadness, anxiety, having to concentrate super hard just to do the most basic things. Trying to shorten my high I ate some sweets and took a shower, then I felt like I was trapped in the shower. You know that feeling when you're asleep and you're trying as hard as you can to wake up but you can't? That's the feeling I had, and I hate that feeling. I got in bed turned off the light and tried to breathe deeply and relax. It lasted about 4 hours.

If I knew this was how pot was going to be for me, I would just trash the 1/8 I bought. I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try again, but when I tried it in college I had so much fun.

I smoked about .5g of sativa fairly quickly. I wanted to keep it concealed from my spouse and kids. Could this setting coupled with smoking it too fast contributed to my bad experience? Maybe I smoked too much? Maybe I should switch to indica? Maybe I'm an adult with more stress and can't have the kind of carefree high I had as a twenty year old?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sativa is more likely to cause paranoia and there is no need to smoke .5g's if you haven't smoked in forever. Just smoke a couple hits, maybe .1g's. You're not in college anymore. Think as if you are smoking again for the first time. I bet if you smoke WAY less you'll feel way better. You can always smoke more, smoking has a really fast onset. Take 1 hit, wait 5 min, see how you feel.

Also, if you still don't like it. Don't force it. The more you force trying to get giggly, the less likely it will happen.

Sativa is more likely to cause paranoia and there is no need to smoke .5g's if you haven't smoked in forever. Just smoke a couple hits, maybe .1g's. You're not in college anymore. Think as if you are smoking again for the first time. I bet if you smoke WAY less you'll feel way better. You can always smoke more, smoking has a really fast onset. Take 1 hit, wait 5 min, see how you feel.

Also, if you still don't like it. Don't force it. The more you force trying to get giggly, the less likely it will happen.

Thank you. V helpful.

Have you tried smoking only at night? It has worked well for me to reward myself with a fat bowl after being sober all day at school.

Been doing this lately Freehugs, its been working sweet as, very happy lately cannot complain at all. :)

I smoked weed occasionally in college-- 20 years ago. Now that it's legal in CO where I live I wanted to try it again. When I smoked it in college I got nice and giggly, I loved it.

Last night it was horrible. Paranoia, rapid breathing, sadness, anxiety, having to concentrate super hard just to do the most basic things. Trying to shorten my high I ate some sweets and took a shower, then I felt like I was trapped in the shower. You know that feeling when you're asleep and you're trying as hard as you can to wake up but you can't? That's the feeling I had, and I hate that feeling. I got in bed turned off the light and tried to breathe deeply and relax. It lasted about 4 hours.

If I knew this was how pot was going to be for me, I would just trash the 1/8 I bought. I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try again, but when I tried it in college I had so much fun.

I smoked about .5g of sativa fairly quickly. I wanted to keep it concealed from my spouse and kids. Could this setting coupled with smoking it too fast contributed to my bad experience? Maybe I smoked too much? Maybe I should switch to indica? Maybe I'm an adult with more stress and can't have the kind of carefree high I had as a twenty year old?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

well, if haven't smoked in 20 years and you smoked .5g of (I guess) good sativa well i think that's just too much. next time try a chilly indica and smoke less maybe .2 .3 at most if it's good and that should be enough to get you to the right place