• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Anxiety and Paranoia Help / Discussion Thread

I'm so glad I decided to google the issues I've been having with weed lately and find out that I'm not the only one!! Today was the second time I've had like a type of a panick attack after smoking cause I thought I couldn't breath. This time was not as drastic as my first, the first time this happened to me I DID stop breathing and I blacked out for a good five minutes and woke up on a couch with a friend sticking his inhaler in my face. I don't know if I ever would have started breathing again if it wasn't for the inhaler. After that whole episode I still didn't feel okay for about the next week. I had bad chest pains and still shortness of breath. The situation really freaked me out, Ice been to the doctors like three times now, I've had my blood and heart tested, the doctors don't seem to think anythings wrong but I know there has to be. I'm a really healthy person. I eat right and work out often. I don't smoke cigarettes and I've never done any drug other than weed. Could there be something wrong with my lungs? And I'm like over exerting them when I smoke? Noone I know personally has ever had this happen to them or heard of this happening to anyone. I'm also curious if anyone else happens to have the disease raynauds? Which is where the veins in your fingers and toes close when you get cold so the go entirely white or purple (literally looks like you have dead ppl hands) I have raynauds and I'm just wandering if there's any connection.

Im really happy that I finally searched this up, and found this thread. Ive been having this exact same problem, Ive always had social anxiety since i was a little kid, im still young (not even 20 yet) and Ive noticed in the past few months a huge increase in my paranoia and anxiety after blazing up. I get feelings where its hard to breath, or my HR will feel elevated and hurt, its a freaky experience to say the least and its only worsened by being in public areas. I thought I was alone until about 2 months back where i was talking to my buddy who recently quit toking altogether, he described even worse symptoms though saying he couldnt "feel his body" sometimes along with the usual HR increase and breathing trouble. I kept on trying new strains of herb, and smoking less (I used to smoke around 10 bowls a day), now i smoke maybe once a month, and lastnight i gave in and smoked a small bowl around 7, my anxiety lasted until i fell asleep that night. So i forced myself to make a hard decision and i quit toking altogether, already have someone buying my bong. Believe me this was no easy decision as i love my MJ, but these panic attacks I get make the high unenjoyable, and I'm not going to start on benzos or any other drug. i just wish i had a good experience at least for my last session.

I just had a panic attack for the first in a year from taking a hit ten minutes later boom I got one.

I ahve been wanting to quit weed for a long time, this is was it took. I'm nbever ever smoking weed again.

I;m still fucking panicky

Jamaican Weed - Fear Of Death

My dealer gave me a weed called Jamaican in my country.
He said that just mix it with tabacco and put tiny pieces.
I did what he said and put very tiny pieces of it. Just take 2 breath / inhales of it and waited nothing happend. I waited 10 mins then take 1 more and it hit me.
Just relaxed and somehow become stoned. I lied to my bed with my gf and things got really enjoyable.
We laughed for our joke between us and I said that I couldn't move my legs..
I tried to move but to laugh more I pretend I could not..
Anyway after a few minutes it hit me; what if I can not get out of this high?
Then shit gone scary. I wanted it to end and think to get some air. I tried to move but the suicide emotion got me. I wanted to jump out of window (yes wtf) I wanted to die. Then my gf talked with me and relaxed.

What was that shit.. I become to sense always a bad trip from MDMA, Weed, and that shit.
Is this a signal from my body? Or from the chemical that I used yesterday?

Fuuuuuck man so this was it, fuuuuck man I wish I was on earlier, hope your all good now fuck I remember my first one it was really recent it was fucked as I know where you're coming from, best of luck tonight <3

Fuuuuuck man so this was it, fuuuuck man I wish I was on earlier, hope your all good now fuck I remember my first one it was really recent it was fucked as I know where you're coming from, best of luck tonight <3

Yeah dude check your inbox!!, I couldn't string too words together and was full fucked, surprised for such a tolerance I have to weed and I was already high it just fucking came out of nowhere. I always said to myself this whole year, get some damn benzos and keep them on hand for the rare chance this may happen... hell if I knew I had a benzo to stop it all I would have probably been allright just the peace of mind.

Thank fuck your alright now I've been mixing songs (as usual) the last few hours thinking fuaaark hope he's all good

Surely your not smoking any more tonight haha no more bedtime cones for a bit

Lol, guilty
stoned-smiley.gif

But I believe it was the shock that set it off. Have had a few cones since and been ok.

The irony :p but the irony where we come from "do you want a cone?" Is like the #1 most effective consoling method to some people at times

(I think everyone at some point knows what I mean haha)

My dealer gave me a weed called Jamaican in my country.
He said that just mix it with tabacco and put tiny pieces.
I did what he said and put very tiny pieces of it. Just take 2 breath / inhales of it and waited nothing happend. I waited 10 mins then take 1 more and it hit me.
Just relaxed and somehow become stoned. I lied to my bed with my gf and things got really enjoyable.
We laughed for our joke between us and I said that I couldn't move my legs..
I tried to move but to laugh more I pretend I could not..
Anyway after a few minutes it hit me; what if I can not get out of this high?
Then shit gone scary. I wanted it to end and think to get some air. I tried to move but the suicide emotion got me. I wanted to jump out of window (yes wtf) I wanted to die. Then my gf talked with me and relaxed.

What was that shit.. I become to sense always a bad trip from MDMA, Weed, and that shit.
Is this a signal from my body? Or from the chemical that I used yesterday?

It could just be the nature of the herb you got. Certain strains are known for creating very trip-like highs and causing anxiety, the effect may be less pronounced if it's smoked without the tobacco.

After 28 years of smoking, twitching, having trouble breathing, being unable to sit still, and generally feeling like I was going to die, I fixed the problem. Out of 10 friends, 2 had similar issues and this worked for them, if you give it a try you'll see it works.
DO NOT CONSUME ANY CAFFEINE NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT FOR 3 WEEKS.
Once the caffeine clears your body and whatever has been thrown out of whack returns to normal, all the negative weed problems will go away, it sounds simple and it sounds like it wont work but try it and see, you must stop the caffeine for 3 weeks, any less or even one caffeinated beverage and you start the 3 week wait over. After 12 more years of blissful smoking I found out that rootbeer and orange soda now have caffeine so I waited 3 weeks and it's been 2 more years of perfect stoned highs. The weed that gave me the last panic episode was the same weed I smoked after the 3 week decaf wait, no problems whatsoever and I smoke daily 4x a day large amounts. Don't discount this fix until you try it, you'll be so amazed it turned out to be something so simple. Would you rather drink a Soda or smoke some weed, which. I choose weed, screw caffeine. I know caffeine is a xanthine bronchodilator so maybe this is why it reacts with cannabis, I don't pretend to understand the reason it does but the fact it reacts so poorly in some people probably means caffeine is a trash substance. Good Luck and let everyone know your success rate, I really want you to succeed and not go through the hell I had to endure.

After 28 years of smoking, twitching, having trouble breathing, being unable to sit still, and generally feeling like I was going to die, I fixed the problem. Out of 10 friends, 2 had similar issues and this worked for them, if you give it a try you'll see it works.
Once the caffeine clears your body and whatever has been thrown out of whack returns to normal, all the negative weed problems will go away, it sounds simple and it sounds like it wont work but try it and see, you must stop the caffeine for 3 weeks, any less or even one caffeinated beverage and you start the 3 week wait over. After 12 more years of blissful smoking I found out that rootbeer and orange soda now have caffeine so I waited 3 weeks and it's been 2 more years of perfect stoned highs. The weed that gave me the last panic episode was the same weed I smoked after the 3 week decaf wait, no problems whatsoever and I smoke daily 4x a day large amounts. Don't discount this fix until you try it, you'll be so amazed it turned out to be something so simple. Would you rather drink a Soda or smoke some weed, which. I choose weed, screw caffeine. I know caffeine is a xanthine bronchodilator so maybe this is why it reacts with cannabis, I don't pretend to understand the reason it does but the fact it reacts so poorly in some people probably means caffeine is a trash substance. Good Luck and let everyone know your success rate, I really want you to succeed and not go through the hell I had to endure.

I would really like to hear more opinions about this!

I'm going to give this a try. Honestly, thinking back, when I started having the anxiety issues with cannabis it was when I started drinking caffeine again. I'll have to try this out and report back.

I'd like to believe it could work, but unless you are following an organic vegan diet growing your own vegetables, milking your own grass-fed cow etc. I think it would be incredibly easy to accidentally intake caffeine.

Also:

I know caffeine is a xanthine bronchodilator so maybe this is why it reacts with cannabis, I don't pretend to understand the reason it does but the fact it reacts so poorly in some people probably means caffeine is a trash substance.

Definition of XANTHINE BRONCHODILATORS: Group of drugs which can alleviate asthma and chronic obstructive airways disease by bronchodilatation

thesciencedictionary.org/xanthine-bronchodilators/‎

Caffeine is a factor when it comes to anxiety and what not, but if anyone knows how this would react with cannabis at all I'd be greatly interested to hear. Yteek some part of me actually wants to believe this but the rest of the majority is telling me no. :(

Keep me updated Bluesun! :)

I started to develop issues with anxiety and weed a few months after I started Wellbutrin, which caused me to drastically reduce caffeine use as I simply didn't need it anymore. I have no way of being confident that either of these changes are actually related to the anxiety; there were other things going on that may have contributed, as my anxiety levels in general got higher in general due to factors unrelated to caffeine, weed, or Wellbutrin.

At peak weed usage before Wellbutrin, I carried around 5 Hour Energy type shots everywhere I went and had a few a day, and also took Adderall many days. So rather high daily caffeine consumption and amphetamines as well. I was able to enjoy weed most of the time back then.

Most importantly, I haven't tried weed without being on Wellbutrin for more than a few weeks since I started it. It may be that I started to have trouble with weed immediately after starting Wellbutrin, and all those unrelated factors that increased anxiety in my life also made weed experiences more dysphoric. I'm not particularly interested in going back at this point, so I'll probably never know if a certain substance makes weed unenjoyable for me.

Last edited:
I'm the newbie to the site so I don't really know this works but I'm currently doing some careless indoor growing and I have a few questions, first question when growing and you have mushrooms growing around wk2 3days what does that say, second question is it ohk to have earth worms in your dirty, and final question is there any benefits to putting weed ashes in your soil. Thanks in advance to your responses they really help in the long run.

For a long time I thought I was the only one who got overly paranoid smoking weed. I've always had a low tolerence and between the ages of 17 and 18 I smoked everyday without a problem. In fact I smoked bc it helped with stress and paranoia. Right around my 19th birthday I woke up, went straight for the bong to smoke the shake of this strong weed I had and BAM. I blacked out for idk how long and when I came to my heart just kept pounding! It hurt. I wasn't panicked and if anything just confused as to why my heart was racing so fast. Then these thoughts invaded my head and my body was twitching hard. (this sounds ultra stupid) I started to think things like, with just a thought I could accidentally end the human race or let out some huge secret that we are all already dead and life is actually hell. I thought that smoking weed was like a way to realize this as the truth. When I came down I just slept for the rest of the day and I thought maybe I was drugged. I smoked again a week later and was fine. It has happened roughly 3 times since then though. As long as I stay within a comfort zone of smoking I'm okay and I have met 2 other people with similar stories, neither of which smoke anymore.

I must completely agree with you! I realized this same thing after my 3rd traumatic time smoking weed. I stopped thinking of it in a 'sneaky, dirty" way. I used to worry a lot about my appearance and the people I would smoke with, I would put myself in uncomfortable environments. I am a bit older now and I don't give a fuck what people think of me, take it or leave it ya know? I smoke to relax and get my mind off stresses. I barely ever panic now and if I do I work through it very well