• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rrandy, have you tried any of the following before bed: chamomile tea, magnesium supplements, L-theanine or/and L-Taurine? I stacked the last three for a period with some success, however Ive never really had much issue with sleep throughout, used them more for a recovery aid but they did induce sleep. Daily exercise also contributes to getting a good nights rest. And dont eat anything for a few hours before going to bed as this can disrupt sleep.

I do not recommened melatonin supplements, however, if you would like to increase your blood melatonin levels, I suggest consuming walnuts a few hourss before bed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15979282

As for univeristy, I finished my final year a few weeks ago. It was tough but I got through it in one piece. In fact, I tried harder this year despite going through hell and I pretty much got straight 1sts.

Me too. I'm curious though how much of our mood problems come from the lack of sleep.
I realized recently while meditating that breathing in fully and relaxing my occipital muscles especially gave me a pretty nice sensation, especially in my skull. Cotcha mentioned muscoskeletal issues already. I think we should try to oxygenize our body and brain as much as possible while working on relaxing it. In Meditation you can combine the two pretty good.
Just the fucking sleep man. It reminds me every night that something is wrong.

martainnn thats awesome man congratulations!
I drink camomille tea yes, i tried magnesium also. So you had no sleep issues? What symptoms did you have

Yeah it's hard to tell when your sleep deprived. Tell me about it, the Insomnia is awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope you're sleep improves

200 each? Yeah man i wish you luck also. Hopefully we can all conquer this.

I had some minor sleep issues in the first few weeks but most of the time I sleep fine. Occasionally Ill have a night where my symptoms go mad and Ill essentially feel like im tripping and its pretty hard for me to sleep.

Well, im a year and a half in so my symptoms have changed and fluctuated over the course of the illness, but at this point in just battling the depersonilisation and derealisation disorder and the boatload of symptoms related to that, I also have some mild visual issues but for the most part they dont really bother me much anymore. I did get to around 70% after around 10 months but recently had a setback. Im pretty sure you'll get your sleep back on track within a couple of months

Thanks for the encouragement martainnn i hope i will. Did you talk to a doctor at all?

Have you tried using a quality eye mask? I use one and it helps somewhat together with earplugs. I also put sheets on top of the curtains and taped them against the wall so minimal light gets in. And I have a fan next to the bed because my body temperature seems elevated. Eh, extreme situations call for extreme measures...

Without these I sleep in fits for maybe 3-4 hours. With I sleep about 5-6h then wake up but manage to get back to sleep after a while again for total 8-10 hours.

Have you tried using a quality eye mask? I use one and it helps somewhat together with earplugs. I also put sheets on top of the curtains and taped them against the wall so minimal light gets in. And I have a fan next to the bed because my body temperature seems elevated. Eh, extreme situations call for extreme measures...

Without these I sleep in fits for maybe 3-4 hours. With I sleep about 5-6h then wake up but manage to get back to sleep after a while again for total 8-10 hours.

Extreme but essential, I'm going to invest in an eye mask, earplugs and blackout curtains. Thank you for you're input, much appreciated.

I tape garbage bags on my windows and i use earplugs. I think i should stop looking at the watch everytime i wake up.

I tape garbage bags on my windows and i use earplugs. I think i should stop looking at the watch everytime i wake up.

It's become a terrible habit for me and it usually just results in disappointment. I can't tell you how much I hit missing the snooze button in the morning aswell.

I realized recently while meditating that breathing in fully and relaxing my occipital muscles especially gave me a pretty nice sensation, especially in my skull

Interesting, another +1 for the cranial nerves component theory

Any interesting thoughts as to why I seem to have partially lost control of my eyes? This one symptom distresses me during meditation especially which is why I've given up on it. I can't seem to keep my eyes fixed on one spot. If I stare at something my eyes will constantly re-focus and do a small pattern around it. Sometimes when my symptoms flare up or if I get stressed my eyes go completely haywire and I start doing a sort of REM-like pattern eyes open. Maybe losing control is not the most accurate way to put it - I can stop my vision from bouncing like crazy (though not completely) if I concentrate but it's like I have this inner agitation that needs a release. This manifests in many ways but especially with the vision. During those bad waves I may also start stuttering and stammering and lose the ability speak, but if I close my eyes and block one sense I can speak again. It's as if there's too much stimulation and my brain can't handle it all at once. As far as I remember this went away with the alparazolam as well but I haven't taken one in weeks now.
Somehow my symptoms seem to involve the eyes a lot. What I describe as brain zaps that I had in the first week (and also years ago when quitting an ssri) happened when I moved my eyes and felt like an electric feeling behind the eyes.

^brain zaps are really a parasethsia of the peripheral cranial nerves - see for example occipital neuralgia regarding your eye symptoms. The back of the head/neck (occipital region) is a nexus for cranial nerve and eye issues, mind us the visual cortex is in the back of the brain.

Definitely talk to a doc about those neurological symptoms.

That might explain the nausea that is often eased by closing my eyes. I don't have pain in the neck, but do have weird pressure in the eyes especially on the left side. Also when moving my head from side to side it doesn't move smoothly but in a slightly shaky/jerky way.

I could see a doctor about it but logistically it will be difficult because I'm not in a good way. I'm also not sure what good that would do. I doubt there is physical damage as benzodiazepines have cleared all these symptoms as far as I remember.

Hey guys,

I decided to trial an SSRI - Lexapro - to try to get me over the line. I had only 1 dose (2.5mg) but it knocked me around so much I decided I was better off just riding it out as I had been. Unfortunately, all of my symptoms have been amplified by this one dose, and 1 week later I'm battling horrible depression, anxiety and worsened head pressure.

I know the drug should have been out of my system after a day or 2 - any thoughts on why this is still impacting me? This morning was probably the worst the anxiety and depression has been in the last week - I'm a bit concerned.

Lesson learned for me - be careful with SSRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.