• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Make a DMT pipe? - "The Machine"

Do you use a jet (torch) lighter with the Machine or a regular one? The way I figure with a jet one you would run a higher risk of burning the spice due to the higher flame temperature whereas with the regular one the smoke might be harsher from the soot and the steel wool would get all blackened.

^^ The flame shouldn't be directly touching the steel wool, nor should it be directly under it, so you shouldn't have too many issues with soot.

I spent 55 bucks on a vaporgenie (www.vaporgenie.com), 4 dollars for two day shipping. Ordered it around noon on a thursday and it arrived on saturday. No problems with the order at all, and the speedy delivery was extra nice. I bought it to vape MJ primarily, but had to give dmt a shot in there. It is just perfect for it. Smoothest hits ive taken, no problem getting a 60mg dose in 2 hits that you dont feel or really even taste until youre exhaling.

if you're looking to get a new pipe an 59 bucks is in your range, id highly recomend one.

Is there an advantage to using a Machine

over a locally bought crack pipe? A head shop near my home sells little glass crack pipes for cheap, and the only thing I would use it for are tryptamines, so I was considering getting one as they are pretty cheap. Is a machine somehow superior to this?

Crack pipes work very well (glass stems w/ chore boy). But for some reason the machine just seems to be less harsh than a crack pipe. I still think bongs ftw, though, for DMT -- especially if you're fond of smoking massive doses -- if you're just going to be vaping a small amount, though, pretty much anything will do just fine. :)

I always preferred a glass dick (vapor pipe, meth pipe, etc.), though a nice bong hit of the stuff would probably be nice. On top of some salvia... christ. Never tried it though. In my experience, I can get the best, cleanest hits out of a properly worked vapour pipe though, but I need someone beside me to take it away before I flash out and drop it.

I've never smoked DMT so I don't really have any right to be saying this, but i hear DMT tastes in the negative range. This + the huge amount of smoke attained from a bong = good? I thought huge cloud of plastic tasting smoke would be negative.

More like spicy, burning mothballs than plastic. I like the taste, but it is a bit rugged. The thing about a bong would be that you are getting a lot in one toke - the whole idea, IMO.

It can be harsh too, in some cases, if it's burned too hot or isn't super clean.

You guys need to try a good old gravity bong! put some weed ashes in there and wave the lighter over the bowl as you slowly pull a milk white hit. It's convenient because you can get the entire dose vaporized in one pull and take it all in one huge hit! BLAST OFFFFFFF!

Me and my friend have been trying to get the materials to make the machine but repeatedly end up going back to the vap pipe. Can you use a larger battle or would that fuck it up?

i used a larger bottle and it worked fine

i didnt have a drill either so i created a controlled smash using a metal knife and taped up the excess hole

i didnt have any wire either so i just used the cap. put dmt and screw on. didnt burn and worked well.

Grand Marnier bottle ready to go..

Any advice on making the hole in this awkward thing? At $5 a pop, I wanna keep it sensible :)

Ooh, don't ask a glass mirror store to do it- $20 is the average price for one drill hole :p Same price as buying your own diamond drill bit..

Ahh, never mind-
Get a box cutter, scratch a hole.. use a bench drill with diamond tip- VOILA!

Last edited:
So i may be acquiring some DMT soon, I was bored the other day and decided to make, or attempt to make the machine. I was in one of those Asian pen/gift stores and saw some small glass bottles/jars. $2 a bottle, pretty cost effective!

Anyway, I'm not sure if the neck is long enough. I used a Dremel and made holes in two jars. Tell me what you think! I'm not sure if the neck is too small but I'm hoping it isn't.
Sorry about the quality, Iphone...

2vtv5lc.jpg

2005x78.jpg

2h64izk.jpg

90162t.jpg

Is the neck too short?

A few days ago I tried vaping some deems in a lightbulb and its success was a pleasant surprise. Didn't quite get the launch into hyperspace that I was trying for, though, because by the time I exhaled the first big hit, my depth perception was too fucked to hold the lighter directly underneath the bulb, LOL...

I'm pretty sure that if I'm able to avoid that problem in the future (perhaps by simply smoking it very quickly), I'll easily be able to achieve a breakthrough via lightbulbization.

Looks a bit too short for "The Machine," but I'm sure it could be used as a better version of the light bulb method. I just don't know how much success you're going to have getting any kind of steel wool or brillo to lodge in there.

I'm Urban Dictionary'ing that right now.

Thanks for the input dude! I thought it would be fine since people are using "Nip" bottles which are around the same size, if not smaller. I may have to look into buying a nip bottle then...

The wool will fit pretty well i think, there is about 1.5cm of neck to use, so i think it'll work out okay.