• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD's message?

It's all about your mood and atmosphere before you take it, in my personal opinion. Open your mind, do it in a beautiful place (whatever qualifies under your own standard(s) of beauty), outdoors, near music (for part of the trip), etc.

I honestly believe it does, it opens our minds to different worlds, different realitys, different perspectives. Something this culture and our world could benifit from in limitless quantities.

Saying that, yes, I truely believe there are spiritual, disembodied, and ethereal experiences and connections when one does certain drugs.

Yeah, thanks BM. I forgot to merge this earlier because of all the other stuff I had to take care of in this forum earlier... :\

The merge has been completed.

zophen said:
And if you think it does please describe how you interpret that message and what it means in a life context.

zophen
going along when everything Iv said earlier, about how LSD becomes part of your chemical makeup, it would hold true for anything you put in your body. if it carries a message then it would be dont do it. you are made a certine way, when thatw ay is done its another way. "It" doesnt need to see its self like that.

get it?

maybe, maybe not.

zophen said:
^Hey thanks goodnight all.

zophen

[i was bored so i corrected zophen's spelling -church]

Thank you please continue with this exercise will you though it may take some time out of your day lol.

zophen

Judging by the recent thread on LSD "purity" the message recieved by those who've taken "super-pure" LSD appears to be little more than "make egocentric posts on drug boards about how you're the only one who has taken "super-pure LSD" and laugh at everyone who hasn't" :\

That's a pretty sad message isn't it.

^I disagree with you completely Ismene the posts you refer to are directed at yourself due to your incessant need to respond even when you have nothing of value or wit to add. Sorry to say this but it does frustrate people, having spoken at length to the poster you refer to I can assure you that he is enlightened but perhaps impetuous at times hardly surprising given the level of provacation you provide clearly deliberately.
I feel I must say you appear to be ignorant about the experiences that are spoken of and where once I took your opinion seriously I find myself beginning to doubt that you have much idea at all, personal experience in these matters ought to produce heartfelt posts I feel (and see all the time) but unless you are a psychopath ;) i'd suggest you have very limited experience with these kind of substances!!
Please enlighten me roughly how much LSD have you used over how long a period , how old are you, all these things you never reveal you ashamed or something ????

zophen

Last edited:
Ismene said:
Judging by the recent thread on LSD "purity" the message recieved by those who've taken "super-pure" LSD appears to be little more than "make egocentric posts on drug boards about how you're the only one who has taken "super-pure LSD" and laugh at everyone who hasn't" :\

That's a pretty sad message isn't it.

ok first of all SORRY FOR THE DERAIL CHURCH =D

but ismene, that is not what their message was, it was not an egocentric "i had pure and you didn't" they were just stating their opinion that they believe that impure existed. don't put words in their mouth.

ok to get back to topic, i totally believe all psychedelics are a spiritual tool, but i don't think that they are magic, the are simply a catalyst, no more special than meditation, just easier. but then again, the fact that is as simple as simply swallowing, that indeed is special. :) though i shouldn't make lightly of it; even though dealing with trips (for me, just lsd and mdma and shrooms) came easily for me, and does for most, i know for some it can be a terrifying experience.

i think a more interesting, or important question, for me at least....is that i dont know if the lovely spores of the divine mushrooms were panspermic tools from some distant galactic federation to enlighten us, or just divine luck. or if people like hoffman and shulgin who have synthesized the goodies are literally gods in human form, coming to save us.....whoo hoo!! but that though, is a topic i find fascinating.

why are we so lucky and it is just that, luck, that brought us these entheogens?or something neater :D

but i don't think that they are magic, the are simply a catalyst,

Yeah valid point I feel that what I get is kind of magical but my experiences have had PROFOUND effects upon my life very OBVIOUS effects whereas others are perhaps as profound but less visual (maybe a bad use of grammar but best I can do at mo).

zophen

but like i said, after that quote, as simple as it is to swallow a pill, or put something on your tongue....its simplicity itself is magic, so not saying it isn't either.

but what it boils down to though is that lsd isn't the only compound that has these effects, just one of many keys.

yes, keys. keys would be a better way to describe the topic of this thread, keys to the message. woot :D

My humble opinion on this topic would be: LSD is like a road sign - it is inanimate but still it gives you some directions. When i go out on LSD i hang out with different people, choose a different location to hang out. When im "sober" i take a left, but when im on lsd i go right. Right?

i agree triglav, when i used a lot there was no fear in my judgement, and my life was better, and happier, even though it really shouldn't have been. since i have left that path, it isn't. while still good and wonderful...there have been many paths i think would have been better. much more opportunity, but much less of using it.

I also think that no drug has a specific message - They give messages that you as an individual would not get if you were sober. Therefore LSD would be a big hyperspace highway roadsign :)

Lovely discussion and insights. Once I get back from my business trip I will comment :)

when I was a kid of 17
after having tried it a couple of times
I wanted to wear a rainbow armband
I wanted to be the message of lsd
this was a long time ago.

i dont think LSD has a message, its just a drug. its just a physical object.

i do think it unlocks hidden potential in the human mind, and allows the user to think differently, and thus uncover aspects of life that just may not have been possible otherwise.

it doesnt 'force' a message upon you, it allows you to see in a much more expanded perspective. this of course, is so potent in its expansion that it often would be mistaken that the drug itself caused it. your mind does the thinking, not the drug.

It was sort of like the Wizard of Oz in that I became more aware of both beauty and ugliness in the world.

Triglav said:
My humble opinion on this topic would be: LSD is like a road sign - it is inanimate but still it gives you some directions. When i go out on LSD i hang out with different people, choose a different location to hang out. When im "sober" i take a left, but when im on lsd i go right. Right?

Yeah right.

zophen said:
^I disagree with you completely Ismene the posts you refer to are directed at yourself due to your incessant need to respond even when you have nothing of value or wit to add.

zophen

My point was that there is no such thing as impure LSD. In my opinion that point has value. You disagree with it so you have decided it has no value. That's not the way to look at differences of opinion.

My view has just as much weight, if not more than, yours. Surely after taking so much super pure LSD these people can handle alternate opinions? Why is it so offensive and frustrating for them that someone might not agree with them?

Sorry to say this but it does frustrate people

Then they need to grow up and learn that other people's opinions have value. Even if they don't agree with them. This is a psychedelic board where people are supposed to have open minds. Most of the time it is like swapping opinions with fundamentalist muslims. "You do not agree with me therefore I hate you". Just because someone has a different opinion to you and isn't afraid to say it is no reason to hate them. Just accept that everyone has the right to their own opinion and every right in the world to express it.

personal experience in these matters ought to produce heartfelt posts I feel (and see all the time) but unless you are a psychopath i'd suggest you have very limited experience with these kind of substances!!

Let's just say I've taken enough psychedelics not to start posting insults when someone disagrees with me. I think that's a pretty big improvement on several posters. Ok? :)