View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD's message?

B9

Bluelight Crew
I was perusing EE this morning when I came across the translation of Albert Hoffmans closing speech given during the recent symposium in Basel.

The part I am most taken with and the subject of this thread is as follows *
"I want to thank all those present who contribute to spreading through the world the message that LSD brings "*

Also he said *"LSD told me introduce it to the world so I shall not be forgotten"*

This to me is a clear and unequivocal message.
What's your stance on it ?

zophen

Last edited:
It sounds like he had a pretty intense experience, took something away from it, and thought it worthy of sharing with the world.

I don't think he was contacted by the "spirit of LSD" or anything like that.

I don't really think LSD, or any drug, carries any sort of message. Its what you make of it.

^ BOTH YES AND NO TO THAT ONE i THINK

ZOPHEN

fizzacyst said:
It sounds like he had a pretty intense experience, took something away from it, and thought it worthy of sharing with the world.

I don't think he was contacted by the "spirit of LSD" or anything like that.

I don't really think LSD, or any drug, carries any sort of message. Its what you make of it.

I agree, if they did carrie a message Id suspect it to be just how fragile our grasp of reality realy is. its like a thin layer of paint that forms the cognition in which we learn and undestand this reality (the one we were brought up to know) but by that chemical becoming part of our cognition, the cognition shows the "observer" or rather experiences apon it the different possibilities. which are infinate.

maybe, maybe not.

Honestly, I have always thought that Hoffman had always thought bad about LSD being spread throughout the world like it idid. Personally after watching that google video on LSD, I was thinking the same thing.
But now, with this statement, I think that Hoffman always has been happy that LSD leaked from the labs to the streets and given the world a new way to think about things.
I think that with his first experience with LSD, Hoffman interprited his experience, as having to show the world , the utmost beauty of this wonderful substance we call LSD.

Thanks Albert,
We will never forget you.

Edited the title of the thread to something a little more self-explanatory. Also french-kissed zophen's avatar on my computer screen, pretending it was a picture of him.

Last edited:
Well I guess I could see LSD as being a message itself- that same old religious mumbo jumbo that at best brings people together in a common experience aside from love, and at worst drives them crazy.

Youkai said:
I agree, if they did carrie a message Id suspect it to be just how fragile our grasp of reality realy is. its like a thin layer of paint that forms the cognition in which we learn and undestand this reality (the one we were brought up to know) but by that chemical becoming part of our cognition, the cognition shows the "observer" or rather experiences apon it the different possibilities. which are infinate.

maybe, maybe not.

What is reality???

Reality as we know it, is simply learned perception. The masses percieve people with Schizophrenia to have lost grasp on reality, who's to say that these people have not actually grasped reality.

If the masses went through life under the influence of LSD (without knowing it) then this would be 'normal'. Now lets say that a few people somehow stopped taking LSD, their perception would then change but the masses would say they had lost touch with reality.................. Hmmmmmmmmm

1960s, LSD+ civil rights movement, +feminism+ other social movements,+ you do the equation

I really recommed the book, Cyberia. It is online and free. A chapter in that book basically says that the introduction of psychedelics at that time was one of the reasons there were mass social movements at the time

http://www.rushkoff.com/cyberia.html

:)

:)

That book needs a history lesson. While I don't discount for a second the profound effect LSD had upon Western Culture...I think it was a small part of the puzzle. With regards to civil rights (blacks and broads ;) ), that was in the making long before LSD came into the picture.

morninggloryseed said:
That book needs a history lesson. While I don't discount for a second the profound effect LSD had upon Western Culture...I think it was a small part of the puzzle. With regards to civil rights (blacks and broads ;) ), that was in the making long before LSD came into the picture.

The author really does make good points and does not really discount the foundations of the social movements( universal education, the job market and the sudden shift to the service sector, student discontent etc).

His "morphogenetic" theory is actually quite profound:

"From morph, meaning "forms," and genesis, meaning "birth," these fields are a kind of cumulative record of the past behaviors of species, groups, and even molecules, so that one member of a set can learn from the experience of all the others...

substances have the ability to reshape the experience of reality and thus--if observer and observed are one--the reality itself. It's hardly disputed that, even in a tangible, cultural sense, the introduction of psychedelics into our society in the sixties altered the sensibilities of users and nonusers alike. The trickle-down effect through the arts, media, and even big business created what can be called a postpsychedelic climate, in which everything from women's rights, civil rights, and peace activism to spirituality and the computer revolution found suitable conditions for growth."

Last edited:
LSD's message is no more important as the messages contained in various plants which have been used since antiquity.

LSD just bitch-slapped the West. Unfortunately the West was able to counter by introducing cocaine and TV.

fizzacyst said:

Users have different experiences but they all come together with the similiar message of appreciating whats around us in a new light. So you're sort of contradicitng yourself when you say that no drug carries a message, when really every drug does, considering they change our perspective on life.

PsyGhost said:
LSD's message is no more important as the messages contained in various plants which have been used since antiquity.

LSD just bitch-slapped the West. Unfortunately the West was able to counter by introducing cocaine and TV.

and you're a tard

^^^^

Why don't you write a more intelligent rebuttal to his post instead of just calling him a name?

Many psychadelic drugs carry a similar message. To list a few, DOC, DMT, 4-ho-mipt, shrooms, DPT and 2c-e all have profound effects on the way we perceive our surroundings. The thought provoking, awe inspiring nature of psychadelics opens up a whole different part of us that makes one wonder about what reality really is and why we are here in the first place. I think Hoffman would have said the same thing about 2c-e if he had created it and injested 18mg.

The message carried by these drugs can be different for every person. I for one am glad Hoffman created LSD and I believe that it should be spread to anyone who is interested in the effects. You can learn so much about yourself and your surroundings by taking lsd because it enables you to look at the world from a completely different perspective. Some people think lsd is a gift from God, but others absolutely hate it. LSD has drastically changed the way I view life. I am much more spiritual that I used to be and much more peaceful. Not everyone who takes lsd is changed forever, but a large number of psychonauts develop their belief systems around mystical experiences brought about by the injestion of lsd or other psychadelic compounds.

Everyone interprets their experiences differently, but it is surprising how much of an impact 4 tiny pieces of paper can have on someones life.

lil angel15 said:
What is reality???

Reality as we know it, is simply learned perception. The masses percieve people with Schizophrenia to have lost grasp on reality, who's to say that these people have not actually grasped reality.

If the masses went through life under the influence of LSD (without knowing it) then this would be 'normal'. Now lets say that a few people somehow stopped taking LSD, their perception would then change but the masses would say they had lost touch with reality.................. Hmmmmmmmmm

dude man, preaching to the peacher. last night had a good LSD experience, first good one in the while and I had a pretty aweful experience inside of it. but this was just reality at it's rawest. the point of unknowledge. it's weird, it's "it" we are star stuff, "it" is the idea of star stuff. anything and everything is an idea. or you know, like.. I dont know, when ever I am experience a deep deep psychedelic experience I just go naked. my physical existence goes back into an idea, and then I am an idea. and my idea of an idea of the idea idea idea idea idea... get it? like I freak my self out on this shit, its raw naked existence. Its fucking scary because its true.

Church said:
Edited the title of the thread to something a little more self-explanatory. Also french-kissed zophen's avatar on my computer screen, pretending it was a picture of him.

uGH ALL THOSE DEAD PEOPLE church you weirdo !!!!

zophen

Youkai said:
dude man, preaching to the peacher. last night had a good LSD experience, first good one in the while and I had a pretty aweful experience inside of it. but this was just reality at it's rawest. the point of unknowledge. it's weird, it's "it" we are star stuff, "it" is the idea of star stuff. anything and everything is an idea. or you know, like.. I dont know, when ever I am experience a deep deep psychedelic experience I just go naked. my physical existence goes back into an idea, and then I am an idea. and my idea of an idea of the idea idea idea idea idea... get it? like I freak my self out on this shit, its raw naked existence. Its fucking scary because its true.

Yeah

zophen