• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD's message?

LSD unlocks the message that is already and always inside you.

Yes which is how you can recognise the fellow traveller I feel

LSD unlocks the message that is already and always inside you.

i believe it changes you as well, or rather, it can. its jsut as powerful as watching a loved one die, experiencing a catastrophic war in your own countryside, things of that nature - but usually more positive :). I know i was a totally different person before I experienced psychedellica, and yes while my experiences unlocked a lot of what was just hidden away by my then-closed perception of the world and myself, the experiences also left many scars/burns on my mind - some of the scars are absolutely beautiful, a tiny few bit of them not.

Oh god NO. I've known some bad people who partook of LSD

I would say the majority of people would benefit , a psychopath probably would not though ?

zophen said:
As to your idea of Dmitri who has taken LSD , I would assume we would have much to talk about assuming of course we could find a common way of communicating because i suspect you may tell me he speaks only a specific russian dialect understood by no one but the Dmitrites themselves .

Still I should not be defeated I would devise SIGN LANGUAGE .

Then I would know the truth from communicating with him, see the light in his eye when we get it ,see ?

Well we're talking about whether you have sufficient faith in the message of LSD that you'd give Dmitri the keys to your house simply because he's taken LSD.

Is LSD's message that powerful?

Communicating with him is a different matter to whether or not he's had LSD

Why ASSUME I was talking instant enlightenment ,you see me say that anywhere dearest Ismene ? ;)

I see....:)

So if you've taken acid you don't necessarily succumb to the message of LSD? But if you're a reasonably nice guy it might make you a bit nicer? I think i get the knub of your gist

I think it's safe to assume that if there is a message to LSD, not everyone who eats it will hear it... and even further, not everyone who hears it will listen to it.

IF there is a message to LSD.

Ismene said:
I see....:)

So if you've taken acid you don't necessarily succumb to the message of LSD? But if you're a reasonably nice guy it might make you a bit nicer? I think i get the knub of your gist

No keep guessing i shall tell you when you are correct.;)

Oh BTW an experiment done by Leary n Alpert on 35 convicts resulted in a 25% reoffending rate compared to a usual 80% reoffending .
Now that's a fact!!

So if LSD did not enlighten these people, why the discrepancy ?

zophen said:
No keep guessing i shall tell you when you are correct.;)

Oh BTW an experiment done by Leary n Alpert on 35 convicts resulted in a 25% reoffending rate compared to a usual 80% reoffending .
Now that's a fact!!

So if LSD did not enlighten these people, why the discrepancy ?

Coincidentally enough I've just been reading the new biog of Tim and it says Leary fixed the figures of the reoffending study. There wasn't any improvement :\

Leary used psilocybin for that study rather than acid.

Leary used psilocybin for that study rather than acid

I admit I believed that too , however I was reading from the tale of the BOEL and in there it claims LSD was used, so I guess it's typo thing but I just quoted it without thinking , drug type aside though the point is made.
How could Leary have fixed the results ? Surely that data came from the prison service.

it says Leary fixed the figures of the reoffending study.

A book written forty years or more after the event takes precedence with you Ismene ? ,Whilst it may be true (how can we know), actually it was the priests that had psilocybin ,maybe I was muddled again , am unsure , you PROVE it and I'll be happy to accept that but not until then.

Rick Doblin did a big investigation of it. Found out Tim was fucking about with the data to skewer the results. He was comparing the reoffending rate of his psilocybin group after 10 months with the reoffending rate after 10 years. Obviously fewer people reoffend within 10 months than they do within 10 years. When Doblin tracked the people down he found 15 out of 21 of them had gone back to prison.

Doblin concluded the reoffending rate was 34% for the psilocybin group as opposed to a non-psilocybin of 32% - which is statistically meaningless.

I can well believe Tim would do something like that - he was more interested in spreading the word than scientific fact.

Ismene said:
Rick Doblin did a big investigation of it. Found out Tim was fucking about with the data to skewer the results. He was comparing the reoffending rate of his psilocybin group after 10 months with the reoffending rate after 10 years. Obviously fewer people reoffend within 10 months than they do within 10 years. When Doblin tracked the people down he found 15 out of 21 of them had gone back to prison.

Doblin concluded the reoffending rate was 34% for the psilocybin group as opposed to a non-psilocybin of 32% - which is statistically meaningless.

I can well believe Tim would do something like that - he was more interested in spreading the word than scientific fact.

Well then . . . It certanly gave a clear message to Timothy Leary. And he is not the only one - believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreenvnes
when I was a kid of 17
after having tried it a couple of times
I wanted to wear a rainbow armband
I wanted to be the message of lsd
this was a long time ago.
:|

One of the foremost religion scholars of the 20th century, Huston Smith, said, "[psychedelics] appear to be able to induce religious experiences, but it is less evident that they can produce religious lives." I think everyone can agree that it takes more than just an experience to change someone's life. The psychedelic experience is meaingless unless you can find a way to bring something back and incorporate it into your daily life.

Church said:
I think it's safe to assume that if there is a message to LSD, not everyone who eats it will hear it... and even further, not everyone who hears it will listen to it.

IF there is a message to LSD.

i would be hard pushed to find anything to disagree with in there church, well said.

Dondante said:
One of the foremost religion scholars of the 20th century, Huston Smith, said, "[psychedelics] appear to be able to induce religious experiences, but it is less evident that they can produce religious lives." I think everyone can agree that it takes more than just an experience to change someone's life. The psychedelic experience is meaingless unless you can find a way to bring something back and incorporate it into your daily life.

Multiple psychedelic experiences are usually necessary to really inspire IMHO!!

There you go Ismene your answer.:D

I would say it has a spirit
like a person.
one can sense the impact of the person's work and so value that spirit.
it does not have to be a message.
we are somewhat heavy on the word side of things.
if anything
the message is "no message but open up to the wider world beyond words".